Detective Conan Anime Discussion Thread

Post any Detective Conan news, events, questions, and the like about the anime, manga, movies, or OVAs that don't belong elsewhere here.
DCUniverseAficionado
Life can be so many things... what it is for me and for you is up to us to decide.

Re: Detective Conan Anime Discussion Thread

Post by DCUniverseAficionado »

kkslider5552000 wrote:
November 24th, 2020, 12:36 am
-MAN I'M REMEMBERING A LOT OF THINGS I FORGOT. This never had a follow up, did it? What happened with that?
Uh, you're gonna have to be a bit more specific.
(And also, how far have you read in the manga?)
“Life is infinitely stranger than anything which the mind of man could invent. We would not dare to conceive the things which are really mere commonplaces of existence. If we could fly out of that window hand in hand, hover over this great city, gently remove the roofs, and and peep in at the queer things which are going on, the strange coincidences, the plannings, the cross-purposes, the wonderful chains of events, working through generations, and leading to the most outre results, it would make all fiction with its conventionalities and foreseen conclusions most stale and unprofitable.”
“Education never ends... it is a series of lessons, with the greatest for the last.”
― Arthur Conan Doyle, The Complete Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and His Last Bow
"I have decided to stick to love... hate is too great a burden to bear."
— Martin Luther King Jr. (A Testament of Hope: The Essential Writings and Speeches of Martin Luther King, Jr)
MeiTanteixX

Post by MeiTanteixX »

DCUniverseAficionado wrote:
November 24th, 2020, 11:39 pm
kkslider5552000 wrote:
-MAN I'M REMEMBERING A LOT OF THINGS I FORGOT. This never had a follow up, did it? What happened with that?
Most likely referring to the tea party with Akai vs Bourbon. From what I've gathered, they are anime-only.
DC's Awesome Qoutes:
Spoiler:
Bourbon:''A child's curiosity and a detective's spirit of inquiry do have much in common''
Vermouth:''A secret makes a woman, woman''
Image Image
Mary/Gin:''It's like encountering a demon in the darkness...''
Akai Shuichi:''Fear of death is worse than death itself''
Shinichi Kudo:''following the smell of blood to arrive upon a crime scene, using every one of your senses to hunt the culprit, then once you've seized hold of him, sinking your sharp teeth(your evidence) until your opponent gives up the ghost, That's a detective''
DeviantArt:http://meitanteixx.deviantart.com/
Tumblr:http://masterdetectivexx.tumblr.com/
Youtube:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFL6Gq ... hWaNIRUu0Q
DCUniverseAficionado
Life can be so many things... what it is for me and for you is up to us to decide.

MeiTanteixX wrote:
November 25th, 2020, 11:19 am
kkslider5552000 wrote:
Most likely referring to the tea party with Akai vs Bourbon. From what I've gathered, they are anime-only.
Ah, that's right, the anime already caught up to that scene... the gap between the manga case adaptions has been so large, lately. Never mind my manga query, then.

Well, if they want an answer, I'll provide it in a spoiler box, and if not, then that's that.
“Life is infinitely stranger than anything which the mind of man could invent. We would not dare to conceive the things which are really mere commonplaces of existence. If we could fly out of that window hand in hand, hover over this great city, gently remove the roofs, and and peep in at the queer things which are going on, the strange coincidences, the plannings, the cross-purposes, the wonderful chains of events, working through generations, and leading to the most outre results, it would make all fiction with its conventionalities and foreseen conclusions most stale and unprofitable.”
“Education never ends... it is a series of lessons, with the greatest for the last.”
― Arthur Conan Doyle, The Complete Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and His Last Bow
— Martin Luther King Jr. (A Testament of Hope: The Essential Writings and Speeches of Martin Luther King, Jr)
kkslider5552000
Community Villain
Enjoys making videos that no one will watch

Post by kkslider5552000 »

November 26th, 2020, 6:09 pm
MeiTanteixX wrote:
November 25th, 2020, 11:19 am
kkslider5552000 wrote:
Ah, that's right, the anime already caught up to that scene... the gap between the manga case adaptions has been so large, lately. Never mind my manga query, then.

Well, if they want an answer, I'll provide it in a spoiler box, and if not, then that's that.
obviously I don't want spoilers. It's just increasingly tough to know what the series is doing lately. Which in some ways has been a breath of fresh air, but on the other hand, the Rum arc doesn't have the same pacing as usual. It feels less like one arc as much as a bunch of mini arcs that may or may not be connected. There's like the Akai family stuff with the past and Sera and Mary, there's these three new characters, Bourbon's past more heavily explored, and in multiple directions. On top of all of that, the gap between manga cases has been massive and the time between anime and manga too and some of those don't even immediately follow up on anything so I can't tell you when we last left off a subplot or why and everything's some distant memory I'm trying to remember. And I used to be good at this too. :(

Episode 973: MPD Transportation Department (Part Three)

-Ok...they almost got me! I was THIS close to buying that somehow, Yumi was killed off in the middle of this case. When they've never really killed off a recurring character. It was so obvious, but she was just there, head bloody, behind tape. So I was about to actually buy it. Well played.

-I love Yumi btw. She's the Sonoko of the police.

-Ah yes, I remember when I thought of my crush as their child self the moment someone said their name in a serious situation. Normal.

-I would laugh if she was an entirely different person. Like what was the point of this then?

-Who are these drunk guys?

-(oh no, its him. What episode are we on?!)

ok

*ahem*

-OKIYA SUBARU'S POINTLESS CAMEOS EPISODE 46: Designated Driver

-lol the guy has stars

-Okiya, appears in corner of the screen, ghost Akai to represent his real self, says something with real inner voice to sound cool. Yep, that's exactly how this goes.

-Man he is like Shinichi then isn't he?

-Oh yeah, Conan's in this show :V

-Um, who was that?

-Miike, don't fall for this.

-"England, it must be tennis again!" is what I wish Conan would say

-Miike actually falling for that. My reaction "WHYYYYYYYYYY"

Number of songs from 2007 soundtrack: 7
Let's Play Bioshock Infinite: https://forums.dctp.ws/viewtopic.php?f= ... 94#p879594

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Wii U ID: SliderGamer55
DCUniverseAficionado

kkslider5552000 wrote:
December 1st, 2020, 1:34 am
obviously I don't want spoilers. It's just increasingly tough to know what the series is doing lately. Which in some ways has been a breath of fresh air, but on the other hand, the Rum arc doesn't have the same pacing as usual. It feels less like one arc as much as a bunch of mini arcs that may or may not be connected. There's like the Akai family stuff with the past and Sera and Mary, there's these three new characters, Bourbon's past more heavily explored, and in multiple directions. On top of all of that, the gap between manga cases has been massive and the time between anime and manga too and some of those don't even immediately follow up on anything so I can't tell you when we last left off a subplot or why and everything's some distant memory I'm trying to remember. And I used to be good at this too. :(
Then none shall you receive. 8-)

And until these threads converge, that feeling is probably going to stick.

Well, all you need to recall is that Shūkichi's step-brother got killed a while back and that broke up the family; Rei's NOC buddy/Kōmei's brother got iced; and Mr. Pointless Cameo, Rei and the Kudōs are cooking up some kind of plan behind the scenes against the titular baddy of the arc... who happens to be the one behind the Akai family misfortune.
kkslider5552000
Community Villain

Episode 974: MPD Transportation Department (Part Four)

-"Do you think they really made a lame pun with their dying message?" I mean, its only marginally more ridiculous than dying messages like this in general.

-Oh shiny glasses, you will exist forever.

-"break her head open" oh god. Much more harsh imagery than I'm used to from this series. Which I realize is weird to say about this series of unending murder, but still...that's brutal to think about even.

-"Wow we police could never work this hard" is what I imagine Chiba is thinking looking at Conan frantically doing all this

-There's something mildly creepy about Conan just appearing to sing that

-Also why he is singing in tune? How dare you?

-I'd make a joke about that tragic phone story, but its not dissimilar to something Samurai Flamenco did

-Honestly, if you wanted this scene to REALLY work, you would've had her properly hit with the arrow. Not even fatally or something close to it, but have it really hit her leg instead of graze it. Much stronger scene, instantly.

-Though the fact that he didn't even drive her there is mildly funny

-lol Conan ruining everything

-Oh, so he knows he's Bourbon. Honestly, if this isn't Black Organization, I'm gonna be pretty mad, because he called him Bourbon. Why would he call him Bourbon if he's just his real superior or something? I hope they don't go that direction. "Bourbon...which is what you are called while you are undercover!" is clearly what he would say next in that case. :V

Ok, so I've made it clearly regularly when brought up that I have HATED the Chiba romance subplot. I truly believe it is the most embarrassing, worst story Gosho has ever told in the quarter of a century this series has been ongoing. A lack of worthwhile anything mixed with some highly questionable story ideas, the poor man's version of a bad Conan fanfic, with half of the details cut out. Except I can't imagine people wanting to write fanfiction on Chiba, even before this story. So with all that said, this is the first time it is worked in any way. It's still not great or even particularly good, but even at worse, for what they were going for, it worked. For what they had, they did this correctly in a way to get you to kinda sorta maybe care. Says something that parts of it focused on the more interesting police, but whatever. It was fine. The rest of the case was very solid, decently exciting. I think this is one of those cases (heh, cases) where they really stretched to get 4 episodes, but if so, I wasn't bored so it worked out. Involving the police as victims really made this feel like it had real stakes, which I appreciated.

Number of songs from 2007 soundtrack: 5
Let's Play Bioshock Infinite: https://forums.dctp.ws/viewtopic.php?f= ... 94#p879594

DCUniverseAficionado

There's been an official announcement regarding the upcoming 1000th episode of the DC anime.
https://www.ytv.co.jp/conan/1000th

Here's the translation, courtesy of Spimer:
"1st round of the project to celebrate 1000 aired episodes!
Guess the great episode that will be rebooted!
The anime that began airing on 1/8/1996, 'Detective Conan', will enter its 25th year on 1/2021!
The 1000th episode will finally be aired on 3/6!
To celebrate the fact, we've decided to reboot episodes very famous, even amongst fans, for being 'legendary divine episodes'!
Reboot is restarting.
We're going to 'rewrite anew'.
The 1st round of the project, to remake anew with the latest staff, product team and technology, those products considered 'legendary divine episodes' within the series!
What kind of 'divine episodes' are going to be rebooted!?
We also unveil a special collage visual made by combining scenes screenshots from popular episodes!
There's scenes of the 'legendary divine episodes' that will be rebooted hidden here, too!
All of the visuals are hints of the 'rebooted divine episodes', indeed!
Using the hashtag #コナン神回 (Conan divine episode) and make post your deduction in SNS!
There's also a present campaign for a special collage visual, too!
Check the details in the official account!"
There seem to be six of these "collage visual" images. So far, three have been revealed—Shinichi, Kid and Heiji—while the other three remain unrevealed.

The above is the info we've been given—what follows from me below is my own speculation on the cases we could be getting:
So we'll be getting "legendary divine" cases with Shinichi, Kid and Heiji as the prominent focus for each... these cases will probably be from DC's first half (Manga: 1994–2007/Anime: 1996–2008), considering the animation distinction between the Kenji Kodama/Yasuichiro Yamamoto/Masato Satō era (1996–2008) and the Kōjin Ochi/Yasuichiro Yamamoto/Kobun Shizuno/Chika Nagaoka/Yuzuru Tachikawa/Nobuharu Kamanaka era (2008–present), and also considering the legacy status of the cases of the series' first half—especially the cases from the first few arcs of the series (Conan arc through Vermouth arc, in particular)—I'd say the episodes we could possibly get, for each of our stars so far, are:

Shinichi
  • Diplomat Murder (File 92–File 96/Episode 48–Episode 49)
  • Shinichi's Kudō's First Case (File 204–File 207/Episode 162)
  • Desperate Revival – The Black Knight (File 254–File 257/Episode 190–Episode 191)
  • Desperate Revival – The Promised Place (File 258–File 260/Episode 192–Episode 193)
  • Golden Apple (File 350–File 354/Episode 286–Episode 288)
  • Rotten Apple (File 429–File 434/Episode 345)
  • Yuki-Onna (File 518–File 522/Episode 490)
  • Shinichi and Ran's Childhood Adventure (File 570–File 573/Episode 472–Episode 473)
Kid
  • Black Star (File 156–File 159/Episode 76)
  • Magic Lovers Murder (File 192–File 196/Episode 132–Episode 134)
  • The Sunset Manor of Renya Karasuma (File 299–File 302/Episode 219)
  • Miraculous Midair Walk (File 453–File 456/Episode 356)
  • Eccentric Mansion (File 475–File 478/Episode 394–Episode 396)
  • The Four Masterpieces (File 544–File 547/Episode 469–Episode 470)
Heiji
  • Diplomat Murder (File 92–File 96/Episode 48–Episode 49)
  • Holmes Fanatic Murder (File 117–File 121/Episode 57–Episode 58)
  • Bond of Flame (File 150–File 153/Episode 77–Episode 78)
  • Stabbed Wallet Murders (File 185–File 188/Episode 118)
  • Cruise Symphony Serial Murders (File 225–File 230/Episode 174)
  • Tottori Spider Demon (File 246–File 250/Episode 166–Episode 168)
  • The Lying Client (File 276–File 278/Episode 220–Episode 221)
  • And Then There Were No Mermaids (File 279–File 283/Episode 222–Episode 224)
  • Naniwa Swordsman (File 314–File 316/Episode 263)
  • Tiger Scroll (File 317–File 321/Episode 263)
  • English Teacher and Great Western Detective (File 341–File 343/Episode 277–Episode 278)
  • Island of the Dragon King's Palace (File 361–File 365/Episode 291–Episode 293)
  • Heiji and Kazuha's Desperate Situation (File 390–File 392/Episode 323–Episode 324)
  • Red Horse (File 393–File 397/Episode 325–Episode 327)
  • Rotten Apple (File 429–File 434/Episode 345)
  • Heiji Vs. Kazuha (File 441–File 444/Episode 381–Episode 382)
  • Miracle at Koshien (File 445–File 449/Episode 383)
  • Conan and Heiji's Deduction Magic (File 487–File 490/Episode 406–Episode 408)
  • Yuki-Onna (File 518–File 522/Episode 490)
  • Phantom Corpse (File 459–File 461/Episode 479)
  • Detective Koshien (File 462–File 466/Episode 479)
I've highlighted in bold the ones I think we're most likely to get, struck through the ones we're not likely to get, and left without highlight those I can't rule out but don't find as likely as the bolded ones.

Above all, I think the case introducing Karasuma will be adapted—it'd be the most surprising for me if that case isn't going to be adapted. Likewise, the Mermaid case's odds of inclusion rise, given its own connection to the BO plot, which likely means the case that leads into it would likely be included, as well. As for the other 4 Heiji doubleheaders, it's hard for me to say which one would be most likely to get adapted. I think Heiji's intro case, considering both his and Shinichi's roles in it, is very likely to be adapted.

Of course, this doesn't account for the 3 characters in the "collage visual" images who haven't been revealed, yet. The reveal of the remaining could lead me to unstrike some cases or give others a bold highlight, because while Shinichi, Kid or Heiji may not make their inclusion likely, the presence of another character could (i.e., if Vermouth is one of the 3 as-of-yet unrevealed characters, the Rotten Apple case becomes far more likely; if Ran is one of the 3 as-of-yet unrevealed characters, the Desperate Revival cases become far more likely).
Also, this list and speculation are based on my assumption that any case made after Clash of Red and Black (Episodes 491–504, the final episodes directed by Masato Satō) will not be adapted by this reboot/remake project.
kkslider5552000
Community Villain

Episode 981: Welcome to Bocchan Restaurant (Part One)

-lol Well it's been a while. Actually not as long as I thought, I assumed I took a break even earlier than December.

-A hurt cat isn't dramatic, background music, its sad.

-I forgot what the OP even was before it started. Oh yeah, the cool manga effect. (actually I was thinking about it just today, I can't remember almost any of the OPs after the infamous Teardrops one, barring an image for a couple of them. Which to be fair, that's a lot of OPs to remember even before that point)

-That being said, this would've made more sense a year prior for the 25th anniversary of the manga. Doing it in 2020 is just like..."hey, this is based off a manga!"

-No, the red shirts were a different case.

-Also, why the **** are they acting? Someone literally died. What is happening?

-They just introduced this piece of music and we're already getting a variation of it for this explanation. That's pretty amusing.

-Oh man, have we had a wrestling girl in a case before? There was a wrestling focused case but I wanna say those were all men, so this is...at the very least something new.

-He actually broke the floor with a punch! That's a bit much dude.

-I do like how they're leaning more into different characters (including acting as other characters!) and their motives rather than just finding small pieces of evidences. And a lot of them, not just the obvious three suspects.

-I wanna believe that's how it all began, with just that one goofy look.

-Oh cmon, how do any of you believe it was actually suicide by this point? Its almost never actually suicide.

-Poor cat. ;__;

Number of songs from 2007 soundtrack: 3

kkslider5552000
Community Villain

Episode 982: Welcome to Bocchan Restaurant (Part Two)

-That might be one of my favorite failed Kogoro deductions "He likes being yelled at, actually!"

-It's a nice small touch that Genta is at least trying to look over the footage. It feels like he does so little most of the time that this is, in fact, an improvement

-I like the police being exhausted from following Kogoro around, hoping he'll just solve it already

-Stabbing a guy, ok to show, hurting an animal even once, not ok. I'm not even disagreeing, I'm just pointing it out.

-"Ice shaped like a horse saddle" is now a thing

-I've heard of head injuries that go unnoticed until its too late. I'm not sure the stories I heard were that delayed, but regardless, its honestly pretty scary to think about.

-Remember kids, treat head injuries seriously. If you don't, your sibling might turn into a murderer.

"You have something you want to tell them, too, right?" I wish she just said "No."

That case was decent. I thought it would be stronger based on the first half, but it was still better than your average AO. As always, because of the more interesting elements and character focus.

Number of songs from 2007 soundtrack: 5

kkslider5552000
Community Villain

Episode 983: Kid vs. Komei the Targeted Lips (Part One)

-*looks at title* Well, I'm curious.

-"If I just tell her how I feel someplace with beautiful scenario" translators did not get time to double check this line I see

-"It really was mouth to mouth" it was not

-"He should've told me beforehand that he was going to do that". You just wanted his first kiss instead

-I do hope someday Kazuha's like "oh he must be Kudo somehow. Yeah I just figured since you always call him that. It's actually funny how obvious it is, you're not clever about hiding it Heiji"

-Btw: Outside of that recent movie, Kid's vanished for AGES. He used to appear borderline every year, but its been sooooo long. I'm not sure he's been in a real anime tv case since the Bourbon arc ended.

-Oh no, J-Pop has caught up with latter half of 2010s western pop production. I'm concerned.

-Speaking of characters who have (in a way) vanished, the maybe worst decision Gosho's made overall has been the lack of Takagi X Sato, aka the blatantly best couple in the series. I see them in the OP and I just remembered that. Please bring that part of the series back.

-Actually even more than that, they really forgot about Shiratori X Kobayashi quickly didn't they. They did two cases in the same year, and then did nearly nothing with them again.

-I was mostly joking about the music btw, I'm not surprised its another J-Pop song (I like the singing), it just began and ended with bad music choices I'm already done with on this side of the Pacific.

-I honestly forgot Sonoko's uncle was still a character

-I just assumed Komei was in every Yamato case after his debut but I guess not. I can't remember regardless.

-I'm not sure your grandmother would want you to be poorer for such a reason but ok

-There's a lot to this case already, only some of which is even the case

-"I haven't said anything yet" Wait, I think that's actually true, has he had a line yet?

-No better time for love than being in a cold building, surrounded by people concerned about a thief showing up to steal a ring

-I love how everyone has the dumbest motivations to catch Kid

-Well that's not obviously Kid.

-Omg please tell me this case is just gonna be Kid as Kazuha flirting with Heiji. That would rule

-They multiplied : o

Number of songs from 2007 soundtrack: 4

kkslider5552000
Community Villain

Episode 984: Kid vs. Komei: The Targeted Lips (Part Two)

-The original version of the song at the very beginning of the episode has a cool guitar and they took it out for the update for some reason and replaced it with nothing. I feel like the only time I've seen something like that done is for the 2nd act in certain Sonic games.

-"Both Heiji and Kid are targeting lips" each other's? : 3

-I've heard a distressing number of sound effects for boobs in anime...never that one.

-"I-I wouldn't want you to be naked"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4Uw3m_dPpw

-You just exited a room, you don't need to show it from three angles

-blatantly smug Kid-Kazuha

-What are the odds the ring is still in there? I think its pretty likely.

-Komei's brother almost certain some sort of plot point, unless he shows up to resolve this case

-Conan just casually bringing up she's Kid like its nothing. Is Conan as sick of this neverending Kid subplot going nowhere as I am? I hope so. I can't think of a better reason why he would bring this up like this.

-Kid just being like "hey what if I slept with you? Jk ; ) "

-DO IT HEIJI! DO IT!

-RAN! NO YOU RUINED EVERYTHING!

-You guards suck.

-Oh my wish for more Sato and Takagi came true already. Thank you.

So I had to remind myself who this character was who died. I'll be honest, the long gaps just made me forget about Scotch entirely, or possibly just confuse him for Date. But I actually liked this a lot. Komei's always been one of the more mysterious characters so putting him more directly in the plot in some capacity is highly appreciated. I think the Akai family stuff has been a bit silly, but I find this whole connection between these police characters with Araide, who each had their own relationship with an officer we already know to be increasingly interesting and pretty consistently emotionally effective (not surprising since the original Matsuda story is one of the highlights of the whole series). Even though it is still a bit...I guess...contrived.

Oh yeah also the case. That was fine. I feel like the movie is the only Kid case they've done in the past few years, which is weird. I still feel they should've just let the people making those Kid specials back in the day do what they want. I'm never not gonna be mad they never followed through with Spider. : (

The case itself was decent I guess, but it seemed like there were too many things going on to make it feel particularly solid? I mean they pulled "ah Komei knew all along!" but it just rang kinda hollow or not worth caring about. Like most of the stuff that happened in this were cool, but they weren't a great, coherent story, and that hurt it. Which is a shame because several elements of this were GREAT. Like everything involving Kid or Komei was fantastic, and I like all the subplots in it, but it feels like it needed more time to be a great case.

Number of songs from 2007 soundtrack: 6

kkslider5552000
Community Villain

Episode 985: The Two Faces (Part One)

-"I'm so bored" - the anime writers

-I like how bored detectives are how we determine world peace

-"He's right there. In the photo. I found him"

-"I spotted my husband" So you found him.

-What was with her running? She looked like she was halfway to being too exhausted to even walk.

-Was calling the police necessary?

-This is either suspicious or stupid

-Almost all of Ran's lines this episode have been noises and grunts

-I don't think I've heard of many things that sound dumber than an "imaginary office" but its the type of stupid I absolutely believe is a real thing. Though to be fair, probably a smarter thing to actually have considering when this aired.

-I swear I've seen Danny's in Conan before, or at least anime in general

-"Daily TMS" is funny considering Conan is literally weekly TMS :V

-Well this is a nice ending...

...what's gonna ruin it to justify a part 2?

-I thought they weren't gonna show him because HE WAS ALREADY DEAD or something, but guess not...

-Oh no Shadowman set...I don't know on fire! Cliffhanger, ooooh! (?)

Number of songs from 2007 soundtrack: 4

kkslider5552000
Community Villain

Episode 986: The Two Faces (Part Two)

-There's something "too gruesome to show in Detective Conan" about removing all the teeth

-It would be a plot twist if the wife did nothing

-Why a secret door?

-Ok, I'm not often able to figure things out in cases to this degree...its kinda obvious what the big plot twist here is, right?

-Yeah Kogoro, why didn't you just talk to him in person?! Takagi was right there! :V

-omg it was the wife im so surprised wow

-I guess a thief is why a secret door

-Its pretty funny that her husband is secretly a complete psycho, suddenly

-"You made the right choice" What?

...I assume by that he means "not murdering him" because she did nothing...intentionally anyway.

-This is the most "here we go again!" ending ever

I did not like this one. This really lacked...most of what I like in a case. Not all, there were a couple of good scenes and interesting ideas but for the most part this was just boring, predictable and dumb, a terrible combination. Ugh.

Number of songs from 2007 soundtrack: 6

kkslider5552000
Community Villain

Episode 990: The Automatic Tragedy (Part One)

-So this is the 2nd two parter in a row that starts with a client going to Mouri's place. Tbh, based on the frequency of crimes combined with Kogoro's unending success, I'm surprised there isn't an unending line in front of the agency.

-It's rare that Conan does this poor a job hiding his ego in front of Kogoro. Though to his credit, "I showed him in, I can help!" is very kid like behavior

-Wtf was the editing with his death? It just shifted to random still frames in random places with awkward camera angles behind the shadowman's hand.

-Maybe this is why the Conan staff don't try to get fancy too often with the editing, if this is the risk

-Presumably he didn't literally murder him

-The scream at the start of the OP sounds like a distorted screaming cat or something. Which again, makes it like bad pop songs from 4+ years ago.

-"but there was a time when I went astray" while they walk past stray cats. And the best part is, I have no idea if this reflects a pun in the Japanese.

-Yes that is a cat's face, thank you.

-Oh so it is intentional and the cats reflect his situation. I guess.

-At least this argument isn't "god do I hate the rich asshole in charge of this place" or "we all secretly have vendettas against each other despite supposedly being friends/co-workers".

-Why does his death have the worst editing they could manage? It's like they put more effort in to make it look like they put in less.

-The Gears of Misfortune would be a great mystery novel title, or possibly a very weird weapon in a gothic, mid tier Japanese action game or RPG

-...it could be a coincidence. Can't a woman in sunglasses and a hat smile and then walk away slowly?

-I like Kogoro just yelling "Come on out, clues"

-I mean that is suspicious, but as always, its too suspicious

-Whoever is voicing this guy very much reminds me of Kappei Yamaguchi

Number of songs from 2007 soundtrack: 2

kkslider5552000
Community Villain

Episode 991: The Automatic Tragedy (Part Two)

-I wish I was more knowledgeable about music, or music theory or...whatever. I'd really like to explain why some of the newer Conan OST just do not work, and this piano song near the beginning is a good example. Like...this song I guess is trying to fit a sad mood but its more just mildly awkward sounding.

-"Taking public transportation today is good luck" is so random

-Oh Kogoro figured this out quickly. Neat.

-As much as I don't like it, it is funny in an awful way sometimes when the series is like "Oh this person must've been weak...like a woman!!!" In a way I get it, but like at some point it'll gonna turn out to be a female murderer with the strength equal to like Sera or a really scrawny dude and then they'll just seem like completely moronic ***holes.

-"Oh man its a good thing you're walking past the protagonist to help connect the dots via your situation"

-This lady is weird

-I dunno why, I just want Conan to one day just say "The person responsible for this was me all along~!"

-"That means my deduction is fundamentally wrong" omg plot twist

-Oh no, its one of these

-I've heard of this happening, I think its genuinely terrifying. Wear a helmet, kids.

-I did think the public transportation would be used for something other than a lame punchline. My bad I guess.

This was not great or exciting, but it was easily better than the last one. The twist added a lot to it, and I really liked the dramatic irony of the family being in blissful ignorance outside of our actual accidental killer. Also it had remotely memorable side characters, which is always something I'm looking for in these stories. Not all of it was actually engaging to watch, but it was fairly solid.

Number of songs from 2007 soundtrack: 3