Detective Conan Anime Discussion Thread

Post any Detective Conan news, events, questions, and the like about the anime, manga, movies, or OVAs that don't belong elsewhere here.
Kor
Administrator

Detective Conan Anime Discussion Thread

Post by Kor »

Instead of having a separate thread for every case (and thus have a lot of short lived threads), it'd be much more efficient to have one discussion thread for the anime where people can talk about the episodes or share their thoughts whether if it's about an AO or a manga case.

Just a few things to note:
1) We rely on English subtitles, so you can freely talk about any future episode only after it's subbed by Crunchyroll. Premium members on Crunchyroll get access to new subbed episodes on the same day they air in Japan (Saturday). Free access is granted 7 days after the episode airs in Japan. If you watch the raw, and CR didn't sub the episode yet, use a spoiler tag to talk about the episode.
2) No manga spoilers. Do not talk about stuff that didn't air yet at all. Also please refrain from posts such as "I can't wait for XXXXXX to be introduced!", or "I can't wait for the XXXX case to happen!", cause that's also spoilerific.
3) Feel free to talk about any episode, but this thread will contain up-to-date discussion, so if you're behind in the series and are wary of spoilers, the discussions might spoil for you episodes you haven't watched yet.
kkslider5552000
Community Villain
Enjoys making videos that no one will watch

Re: Detective Conan Anime Discussion Thread

Post by kkslider5552000 »

...I'd be annoyed, but this was probably my plan once I caught up anyway.
Let's Play Bioshock Infinite: https://forums.dctp.ws/viewtopic.php?f= ... 94#p879594

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Wii U ID: SliderGamer55
Wakarimashita

Post by Wakarimashita »

Spoiler: Episode 772
They pushed the black blood thing further than ever before in this episode.

And the fact they talk about red blood cells 30 seconds later only makes it more ridiculous.
"I wonder if there really is a God...
If such an entity really existed, wouldn't all honest, hard-working people be happy?"

Kor
Administrator

Post by Kor »

A note on the three AO episodes we recently had (767-769). They sucked, really really sucked. Each episode was worse than the one that came before it. Those three episodes had to have been the worst we've had in a while.
767 was generic, crappy and predictable. 768 had a weird premise and made it seem like the writer didn't know who Haibara is. And 769 was just things happening because the script said so, with no logic and reason, and all the characters were dumb in it. That episode was infuriatingly bad.
Jecka
I'm only tired 25/8, don't mind me

Post by Jecka »

I don't even remember 767 and I waited almost a week longer for that (I forgot and put it off). 768 was really ooc on Haibara, seriously the whole episode felt off. 769: I had no idea what was going on.
Spoiler: for those who didn't watch 769 and plan to
Did they just make a full circle? They started at the hospital and ran like 500 miles* to end up that the hospital, what?

*this is an exaggeration/reference don't take me seriously and don't kill me :V
3DS FC: 1435-4098-2557
Spoiler: Yay Nini! \o/
Usa-chan Man wrote: I am a rabbit, but at the same time, I am not.
Jecka: Those damn beavers
*Jecka sobs
Slider: Those DAM beavers? :V
Jecka: Slider no
David mason

Post by David mason »

I absolutely loved conan and heiji code of love case. It was very enjoyable to see heiji being hot-blooded again. Especially at the ending where the voice actor went crazy it was hilarious
no pain no gain
Startold

Post by Startold »

A note on the three AO episodes we recently had (767-769). They sucked, really really sucked. Each episode was worse than the one that came before it. Those three episodes had to have been the worst we've had in a while.
I agree. Episode 768 could have been great, but Ayumi or Ran should have been the one to be kidnapped. Conan doesn't freak out, and doesn't even consider the fact that the Black Organization could be behing her kidnapping.
Episode 768 was bad, but it was still better than most of the AO episodes I remember watching. At least the plot was alright, and the little cliffhanger at the end enjoyable.
悪いな・・・これはついさっき受けた・・・あの方直々の命令だ・・・
Kor
Administrator

Post by Kor »

David mason wrote:I absolutely loved conan and heiji code of love case. It was very enjoyable to see heiji being hot-blooded again. Especially at the ending where the voice actor went crazy it was hilarious
Startold wrote: I agree. Episode 768 could have been great, but Ayumi or Ran should have been the one to be kidnapped. Conan doesn't freak out, and doesn't even consider the fact that the Black Organization could be behing her kidnapping.
Episode 768 was bad, but it was still better than most of the AO episodes I remember watching. At least the plot was alright, and the little cliffhanger at the end enjoyable.
Just in case I wasn't clear. For past episodes we already have the subs for, you don't have to use spoiler tags when discussing them.
kkslider5552000
Community Villain
Enjoys making videos that no one will watch

Episodes 759-760 (The Romance Novel with the Unexpected Conclusion)

Post by kkslider5552000 »

I can still change the subject for my replies, mur. :3

Little kid Sera! : DDDDDDDDD

Nice reference to the Bell Tree Tower...

Now they're just trolling shippers.

I'm always really happy when they play one of the old songs that they don't really play anymore. Around 4:30 of the second part. I always associate this with early AOs for some reason.

Ok, Ran is fangirling over a time travel story. Gosho is now officially trying to make it up to me, I swear to God. XD

I kinda wanted a police officer to be on that suitcase. "Why did I agree to this?!"

So I can't be the only one assuming that this girl is actually someone who got shrunk by APTX4869 right? Because if so, I'm excited. We haven't pulled that trick in a loooooooooooooooooooong time and I don't actually know anything about her.

Number of songs from 2007 soundtrack: 5
Let's Play Bioshock Infinite: https://forums.dctp.ws/viewtopic.php?f= ... 94#p879594

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Wii U ID: SliderGamer55
Kor
Administrator

Re: Detective Conan Anime Discussion Thread (Latest Subbed Episode: 771)

Post by Kor »

770-771

Even with that tiny flashback and Amuro doing his stuff, the episodes were dull as hell.
Well, Amuro was never really interesting in the first place anyway.

EDIT: One more thing. They were in a hospital, and suddenly there's a scream from a room, and Conan and co. run all the way there, but no doctor and/or nurse heard the scream and decided it was worth checking? Is this the worst hospital in the Conan universe, or are they just tired of crap happening to them all the time?
usotsuki

Post by usotsuki »

The opening BGM in 771 is a rearrangement of the old recap music - something I haven't heard in a long time.
The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible. Arthur C. Clarke
Wakarimashita

Post by Wakarimashita »

usotsuki wrote:The opening BGM in 771 is a rearrangement of the old recap music - something I haven't heard in a long time.
Yep, that's what I thought when I first watched the episode. A good point for whoever decided that (although too short and the original was better).
"I wonder if there really is a God...
If such an entity really existed, wouldn't all honest, hard-working people be happy?"

usotsuki

Post by usotsuki »

Wakarimashita wrote:
usotsuki wrote:The opening BGM in 771 is a rearrangement of the old recap music - something I haven't heard in a long time.
Yep, that's what I thought when I first watched the episode. A good point for whoever decided that (although too short and the original was better).
Yeah.
The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible. Arthur C. Clarke
MoonRaven
DCTP's 赤死
-
Cbox: Akai Tsuki
-
The paranoid and homicidial townie of DCTP Mafia

Post by MoonRaven »

Kor wrote:770-771

EDIT: One more thing. They were in a hospital, and suddenly there's a scream from a room, and Conan and co. run all the way there, but no doctor and/or nurse heard the scream and decided it was worth checking? Is this the worst hospital in the Conan universe, or are they just tired of crap happening to them all the time?
I was more surprised that they run all the way straight to the correct door. Da wut?
The Eleventh Doctor wrote:Never ignore coincidence. Unless you are busy. Then always ignore the coincidence.
My dA
My AO3
My FF
My Tumblr
Dream or Not finished at 72 chapters

Chapter 33 of Leap to Relatively Unknown updated 12.9.20

Chapter 8 of the sequel, Leaping into the Dream updated 6.10.19

Chapter 2 of The Crow's Song updated 19.7.18
rocketpropelledbear
Freedom is what you do with what's been done to you

Post by rocketpropelledbear »

MoonRaven wrote:
Kor wrote:770-771

I was more surprised that they run all the way straight to the correct door. Da wut?
Conan had training in Hawaii which developed a sonar system in his brain, that was why he managed to pinpoint the exact location of the scream. As for the absence of the doctors and nurses...yea they were probably tired of all the crap going on, it is just like how families of murder victims never reacted as if they were grief-stricken by the death (if someone is crying then 10 out of 10 he is the murderer)
The Science of Deduction-'Sherlock Scan' on Sera and more
Spoiler: This is Detective Conan's ending
Mizuumi wrote:Image

Kogoro: "My Gosh.. I killed Conan"
Spoiler: my favourite scene that is not in the anime