Detective Conan Anime Discussion Thread

Post any Detective Conan news, events, questions, and the like about the anime, manga, movies, or OVAs that don't belong elsewhere here.
kkslider5552000
Community Villain
Enjoys making videos that no one will watch

Re: Detective Conan Anime Discussion Thread (Latest Subbed Episode: 916)

Post by kkslider5552000 »

Episode 922 – The Disappearing Detective Boys

-Kamen Yaiba is totally Takagi

-Well this is not the scene I expected us to transition to

-Magically duplicating money! We're rich!

-Detective Boys are too used to this to not follow her

-I wonder if reminding themselves of that story took that amount of time

-Stop sniffing people, Genta

-Do they need to translate it as "Mafiosa" when I clearly hear in English "Mafia"?

-I like how the horn is overshadowing the background music.

-"Well, we might as well kidnap this one too"

-If only she had counterfeit fingerprints instead!

This case was a case. It was kinda interesting, it had the skateboard and everything. But they've been seriously overusing kidnapping lately, it's like the only way they know how to make things exciting.

Number of songs from 2007 soundtrack: 8
Let's Play Bioshock Infinite: https://forums.dctp.ws/viewtopic.php?f= ... 94#p879594

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Wii U ID: SliderGamer55
kkslider5552000
Community Villain

Re: Detective Conan Anime Discussion Thread (Latest Subbed Episode: 924)

Episode 923: A Day Without Conan

-Two things:
1. For some strange reason, the thumbnail on Crunchyroll is "episode coming soon". I think someone just didn't notice...which is really odd since they've done more episodes after this.

2. THE EPISODE COUNT FOR THE THREAD UPDATED! It's a Christmas miracle!

-I'm not convinced this isn't just an alternate take on the last episode.

-Kogoro might as well be MC Hammer for how much money he's wasted compared to what he must be making as the miracle detective in a world of neverending murder. I have seen him solve like 400 murder mysteries, he's gotta be one of the most famous people in the world by this point. There's no way he's poor anymore otherwise.

-"We can't let you do that" I'm sure you have before, too late to say that now

-"Someone who makes such cute drawings couldn't kill a person" Future murderers, make cute art, you'll be proven innocent instantly!

-"She's frail and small." And you're 7, Haibara.

-Shiny glasses and smirk is actually ShadowMan's rival

-Of course, the killer must be a hockey player!

-...is that shot implying Haibara wants to steal Genta's wallet? Because that's what I got out of it.

-What's with her smug smile? Who is she smiling at and why?

-I'll be honest, if Conan had just taken over at that point, I would've been really mad.

-Well, that turn to laughing evil caught me off guard

That case did turn out better than expected. Like the case itself was...I mean...it's episode 923 and a 1 episode AO. I don't know how to have an opinion of it by this point. But there was actually a bit of character from Mitsuhiko and Haibara especially that I did enjoy quite a bit, I like the idea that the Detective Boys feel like they're not treated with respect and try to earn it. It's actually a nice little story for what is again...a 1 episode AO over 900 episodes in. That's practically all I ask for tbh.

Number of songs from 2007 soundtrack: 9
Let's Play Bioshock Infinite: https://forums.dctp.ws/viewtopic.php?f= ... 94#p879594

Jecka
I'm only tired 25/8, don't mind me

Post by Jecka »

I know I'm like 10-12 hours early, but we're 75 eps from episode 1000.
Let that sink in.
3DS FC: 1435-4098-2557
Spoiler: Yay Nini! \o/
Usa-chan Man wrote: I am a rabbit, but at the same time, I am not.
Jecka: Those damn beavers
*Jecka sobs
Slider: Those DAM beavers? :V
Jecka: Slider no
DCUniverseAficionado
Life can be so many things... what it is for me and for you is up to us to decide.

Post by DCUniverseAficionado »

Jecka wrote:I know I'm like 10-12 hours early, but we're 75 eps from episode 1000.
Let that sink in.
That reminds me, I gotta check the long-running anime list to see how many are in the quadruple digit camp... and I can already presume that it's a pretty exclusive club, so, yes... it's definitely sinking in that DC's gonna join that club. :o
“Life is infinitely stranger than anything which the mind of man could invent. We would not dare to conceive the things which are really mere commonplaces of existence. If we could fly out of that window hand in hand, hover over this great city, gently remove the roofs, and and peep in at the queer things which are going on, the strange coincidences, the plannings, the cross-purposes, the wonderful chains of events, working through generations, and leading to the most outre results, it would make all fiction with its conventionalities and foreseen conclusions most stale and unprofitable.”
“Education never ends... it is a series of lessons, with the greatest for the last.”
― Arthur Conan Doyle, The Complete Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and His Last Bow
"I have decided to stick to love... hate is too great a burden to bear."
— Martin Luther King Jr. (A Testament of Hope: The Essential Writings and Speeches of Martin Luther King, Jr)
kkslider5552000
Community Villain

Re: Detective Conan Anime Discussion Thread (Latest Subbed Episode: 926)

Episode 924 – The Sun Sets Over Tangerine Fields

-I don't know why, but this guy appearing and just screaming "No!" made me laugh. HOW DARE YOU TAKE MY FRUIT, IT'S THE ONLY THING THAT KEEPS ME ALIIIIIVE

-Hey look it's the future murder weapon!

-"it's dark" thanks, i wouldn't have noticed

-moving arm trick

-I love Sonoko making random noises

-Takagi embarrassing himself to prove you can't hide in it

This was indeed...a case.

Number of songs from 2007 soundtrack: 7

Christcc9

Re: Detective Conan Anime Discussion Thread (Latest Subbed Episode: 926)

Post by Christcc9 »

Concerning 927, it reminded me of the Nue Legend or the Demon Dog episodes.

I was a bit disappointed to know Heiji is in it though. I feel like he's there each time we got grown-up Shinichi - but reckon Momoji's presence can justify that.

And I like Kudo's classmate, his name is Nakamichi, isn't it?
The impression of a woman may be more valuable than the conclusion of an analytical reasoner.
Fear of death is worse than death itself.
kkslider5552000
Community Villain

Re: Detective Conan Anime Discussion Thread (Latest Subbed Episode: 927)

Episode 925: The Heartfelt Strap (Part One)

-This might be weird to say, but I sometimes forget how small Conan and Haibara are. Maybe because they don't bother to pretend to be kids anymore.

-Haibara didn't just wake up, she always looks like that :V

-Wait I just realized! Is part of the Opening actually relevant to what's specifically happening in these episodes? That's...somewhat rare. Usually they reserve that for really big events...hmm...

-Boy, I sure do love CG soccer! My favorite sport!

-Maybe the side effect is he becomes a pig. Tiny pig Conan ftw. :3

-This is now a recap episode

-Holy crap I just realized the Shirigami case aired an entire decade ago! We will all die before these people age a year!

-I also just realized that Haibara has essentially become Conan's dealer. "Listen Haibara, I just need one more age changing high! Please, I can pay you back soon!"

-"You shouldn't have done that" *takes out gun, shoots him*

-Huh, how random how it is recording. I'm sure that will have no relevance to anything!

-Haibara's brain exploded. RIP

-Ai.exe has stopped working

-YESSS, THE LEGEND IS HERE, YOU KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS, DON'T YOU?!

-OKIYA SUBARU'S POINTLESS CAMEOS EPISODE 43: Crazy Random Nap-penstance

-That's my favorite answer to why a character is here ever. "I took a nap"

-Ok, so the camera zoomed in on both of them, so now I hope it zooms in on someone else for no reason. It won't happen but I would laugh hard.

-Don't worry, I'm sure he's also conveniently napping somewhere close-by.

-Shadowman got himself some new clothes. Looks nice. Good for him.

-Ok, I do really like how Shadowman is just there in the background

-I think they already did a clam digging based case. That was OVER a decade ago.

Number of songs from 2007 soundtrack: 4

kkslider5552000
Community Villain

Episode 926: The Heartfelt Strap (Part Two)

-Ok so Genta just had the badge...

-OKIYA SUBARU'S POINTLESS CAMEOS EPISODE 44: Back to Legit Pointlessness

-That's a weird thing to say. She's so affected by this because she's...18 years old? I dunno, what normal young adult in modern society tries to run away from their horrific reality with something they bought to show their appreciation for entertainment?

...wait...actually that's entirely most young people nowadays. And she's mentally unable to function...um...well. Y'know...actually...I think Gosho might actually be onto something here. How about that.

-Also does Agasa know that Okiya knows Haibara isn't a real kid? I forget at this point.

-Also, that's just mean to say considering how many characters we know are ACTUAL inspectors. Screw you Megure, you're no child!

-Does he happen to be in Kanagawa the same way you happened to be napping?

-Conan looked worried and then...not. ...k

-SHADOWMAN WITH THE MOST INSIGNIFICANT THEFT.

-"I recognize that man" AMURO KNOWS SHADOW MAN :O

-Oh nvm

-God I hate subtitles that change the spoken English. Engrish or not. Subtitle: flash drive, Clearly Spoken: USB memory

-"In this case we might actually be more effective than your average police officer" Man, first inspectors now the officers. This episode has it out for the police.

-"I don't help my friends if I don't get something in return. I'm kind of a dick like that."

-I wish after taking off the hat and the descriptions included his shirt and pants he just would've decided to take those off. XD "Now no one will think I'm suspicious"

-No, it's not funny if it's not in public. Screw you Shadowman. :(

-The Detective Boys should update about all the people frozen in time around them

-Nice price-tag

-The Detective Boys give him three 10s for that dive

-"I figured I should put the ring inside another man. ...that doesn't make me weird, right?"

-The answer was Danny's all along!

-OMG SHE TELEPORTED IN FRONT OF THEM

-Conan loses. The best ending an episode can have.

I absolutely loved this for the most part. I guess as a case it was a nothing problem that awkwardly kinda went all over the place. So yes, I loved it. This is the type of light story I really wanted, it was a lot of fun. Detective Boys focused episodes are often way better when they don't try to just have them be around a murder mystery, I like when their cases are a bit more something out of a kids series. Haibara cracked me up during this, it was so jarring but in just the right ways.

Number of songs from 2007 soundtrack: 8

kkslider5552000
Community Villain

Episode 927: The Scarlet School Trip (Bright Red Arc)

-Oh yeah, New Year's

-AHH, REAL PEOPLE IN CONAN! :O

-"Zero the Enforcer was a huge hit" Well clearly it's good I watched it before this, otherwise I would've been spoiled that the movie I was watching was a big hit.

-Nice background work

-Sonoko stop flirting with your best friend, Makoto might get jealous :3

-Detective Conan: Kimi Ni Todoke version (note: this would be a terrible idea)

-i guess we're taking the re:zero approach of having too much to do to waste time on the opening

-"You probably shouldn't get too close to me" Correct! Oh wait you mean literally close to him...

-Sonoko side stepping into the shot

-"Yeah, they held a popularity contest in this thing called "Shonen Sunday." Not sure why they're interested in our school in particular, maybe if we were somehow stuck in the same grade for two decades, then it would be interesting"

-"What rank was Ran" probably behind Sera and Sato, the latter of which has been the focus of like four cases in the past decade.

-I mean, it's not Sonoko's fault, she's been keeping it secret for seven years!

-"But you have to do as I say. No matter how stupid it is. I'm gonna humiliate you Kudo, be prepared."

-"Apparently someone jumped to their death from here the other day" Why are you smiling Sonoko? The hype's wrong with you?!

-"Ran-kun, are you going to jump off?" Why does Sera think she would do that?

-"As long as you be quiet" "Sure" *immediately tells half the class*

-Man the lack of sponsors make the sudden appearance of Conan with soccer ball with music super awkward

-Shinichi and his friend realizing they could've ordered food and didn't

-:O Kuraki Mai is canon! Or something. I mean, so is Minami Takayama, so this isn't too weird...

-Sonoko almost killed Sera

-Extra #3 comes out to imply he's the highlight of the film

-SPIDERMAN KILLED HIM! I KNEW IT, SOMEONE GET JAMESON, HE'LL BE ALL ABOUT THIS STORY!

-It's weird how we're on a 2nd Tengu case, but I question if anyone remembers the 1st one even happened. It was also a one hour special, I just realized. How about that

-Well he is a monster in a sense, and you are in fiction so...yes.

-"He's a Detective who has a chipmunk with him, so you know we're in good hands"

-"I can't turn into Conan in front of Ran" I know, that would be interesting and stuff, how awful.

-What if Nakamichi sees Shinichi turn into Conan instead? Of all characters! That would be hilarious.

-...is this your hiding place? Srsly?

-Too bad they missed the amazing melting Shinichi!

-"Don't flirt"

-Well, time for both of them to either sleep or just not move for 8 hours.

-I SEE YOU

-I was hoping Shinichi was gonna somehow blame Sonoko for this

-Ok, this is clearly referenced wholly throughout this case

-"well yeah" pfft

-Oh Momiji.

-Ok this is weird

-Sonoko is just confused

-also did they imply Movie 21 happened now? What's going on anymore? Is it like schrodinger's canon?

-Wait, why didn't the other three stop him?

-I almost forgot bit I think...technically...this was...

OKIYA SUBARU'S POINTLESS CAMEOS EPISODE 45: No Seriously, Just A Cameo This Time, I Swear

Number of songs from 2007 soundtrack: 4

usotsuki

Post by usotsuki »

29#9/238 (3K case) has not only another (nonspeaking) cameo by TWO-MIX but also Mai Kuraki and Miho Komatsu.
The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible. Arthur C. Clarke
kkslider5552000
Community Villain

Episode 928: The Scarlet School Trip (Red Love Arc)

-"Maybe we're being tricked by a fox" Star Fox?

-AH LE LE

-This is just to showcase that Momiji has very pretty nails

-A new song!

-also this is like back in the day when they just had recaps or random prologue scenes instead of the OP

-"It was "The Fighting Red Tengu," wasn't it?" It turns out it was Hunter X Hunter, who would've ever guessed?

-This is why you already credit people, or else they might kill themselves.

-With this type of coincidence, Ran should say she really want to talk to 10 million yen

-Oh no, it's anime! That means no one can lip read this conversation!

-Sonoko: Well, time to try to ruin Ran's relationships...

-Yusaku thankfully hung up before he magically solved everything

-Ok, I want to see a caption contest for what Ran and Okita are actually surprised by. There's probably quite a bit of potential for this. Someone actually make this thread.

-Shinichi is the exact guy that makes Ninja paranoid, I swear...

-Man, it's fitting that Conan voiced Envy with how jealous Shinichi can be :3

-Shinichi dealing with a lot right now. Oh yeah a case, oh yeah a love rival (pfft, sure Shinichi), oh yeah my inability to stay at this age.

-"It may be a bit embarrassing" that smoke is appearing from your body?

-I have to admit, I kinda wish Shinichi just told Sera "It's for my heart. I have a rare heart condition, you bitch, leave me alone." If you;re gonna lie, go all in at this point.

-Effort towards making people care about the suspects. What a bold choice, why didn't anyone think of this sooner? :V

-He sure is sneaky, wearing the same outfit (?)

-Dekuri is a ghoOoOoOst!

-Ok, so there weren't actually footprints appearing out of nowhere. I thought this was a nightmare or something for a second.

-Oh no, the return of Haibara's worst enemy! STATIC ELECTRICITY! :O

-Y'know, I started the Okiya Subaru meme because of an appearance in a Kid case, so it's kinda fitting to see Kid appear for a second randomly in this.

-Hahahaha the police in SCHOOL uniform is great.

-As far as I'm concerned, that's the real reason no one was reacting to this situation

-So a weirdly greedy producer is kinda sorta responsible for this. Huh.

-"It was an unpleasant case." I mean...not more than usual?

-"How do you feel?" "Carefully"

-I wouldn't blame her if she forgot, it's been 7 years!

-Chu

-I don't know why, but I find it really funny they did the "30 seconds before the commercial break" way to go back to the show. I'm not sure we need to show the setup to this again!

-BTW: "-" is the death of surprises in subbed anime, seriously. As soon as a sentence ends with that, you can be fairly sure something's gonna interrupt this sentence.

-Sonoko thinks she's nibbling on his ear probably

-"Not on the cheek" oh

-"Be still, my heart" XD

-...oooh

-Boo! Do a proper kiss you cowards!

-That one guy freaked out over a kid in the backpack made me legit lol

-I'm not sure what the point of that girl confirming Sera's a girl

-And I'm sure every teenager will entirely be reasonable with what they do or don't say on social media! *thumbs up*

-Okita's rival is apparently shonen as hell. Look at that spiky hair!

-They'll be so disappointed by this medicine...

-Yusaku is not convinced!

-Maybe we're nearing the light at the end of the tunnel. The tunnel of love! (hurhur)

While I did really enjoy this case, I can't help but feel like it needed to be even better to make up for...everything. Mostly the fact that we are in AO hell after this most likely. But it was definitely one of the stronger and more interesting cases we've had in a while, even if the sad conclusion was just standard tragic misunderstanding. And while it did annoy me at times, the ShinRan stuff I know for a fact could've been much worse, and at least something happened and there was some level of actual emotion, so I'll give it a pass.

Number of songs from 2007 soundtrack: 4 (why do the important episodes have less of these? Like I've noticed this pattern, it's weird)

MeiTanteixX

Post by MeiTanteixX »

kkslider5552000 wrote:-I'm not sure what the point of that girl confirming Sera's a girl
it was just a way to resolve the small misunderstanding from earlier and have her appear again in this part. If you didn't notice, that was Kuraki Mai.
DC's Awesome Qoutes:
Spoiler:
Bourbon:''A child's curiosity and a detective's spirit of inquiry do have much in common''
Vermouth:''A secret makes a woman, woman''
Image Image
Mary/Gin:''It's like encountering a demon in the darkness...''
Akai Shuichi:''Fear of death is worse than death itself''
Shinichi Kudo:''following the smell of blood to arrive upon a crime scene, using every one of your senses to hunt the culprit, then once you've seized hold of him, sinking your sharp teeth(your evidence) until your opponent gives up the ghost, That's a detective''
DeviantArt:http://meitanteixx.deviantart.com/
Tumblr:http://masterdetectivexx.tumblr.com/
Youtube:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFL6Gq ... hWaNIRUu0Q
kkslider5552000
Community Villain

Episode 929: The Woman Standing in the Window (Part One)

-This title tells me it's a large window, since it's not called "The Woman Awkwardly Crouching in the Window"

-Ayumi fell

-Well this is the most nothing excuse to take a child to your home ever

-Even Ayumi's like ( ??? )

-Oh no Shadowman, what are you doing this time?

-Even if I was a kid, I'm not sure I'd find this an especially interesting use of my time. "A woman was nice to me once, isn't that cool?" Yeah sure, Ayumi, I'm gonna play some video games now...

-"My body's important for my work" ...I'm assuming this isn't the profession that I just thought of, especially for a Detective Boys episode...

-"She's mysterious" you're one to talk, Haibara

-"Let's start looking for a case!" I mean, I doubt it's hard to find

-Conan is suspicious on the basis that words appeared below those three

-Ok, the fake conversation is actually suspicious

-I don't think all three of you can perfectly hide behind a single pole

-"He's so popular with his students because he's handsome" so he has no other positive traits, got it!

-"No one strange lives her" except for the ghosts

-"I sure hope none of them resent her over a misunderstanding" "I sure hope no one dies because of that misunderstanding" "I sure hope it isn't another murder mystery that will be solved by the end of the next episode"

-For a second I thought she was gonna be horrifically murdered in front of all those people and no one would know who did it

-"What happened?" I think she died

Number of songs from 2007 soundtrack: 6

kkslider5552000
Community Villain

Episode 930: The Woman Standing in the Window (Part Two)

-Shadowman is REALLY happy that the plan to kill her failed

-a "dancer"

-https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADkLBtSGKMo

-A guy who looks like a girl? IN MY ANIME?!

also he just flashed a child, he will now go to jail

-How many crimes can happen in one place?

-Rare to see that invention used...

-She would've gotten away with it were it not for that pesky balloon!

This case was fine. Probably would be nothing of note without the other suspects' secrets though.

Number of songs from 2007 soundtrack: 11

kkslider5552000
Community Villain

Episode 931: The Northern Kyushu Mystery Tour (Kokura Arc)

-At least based on what everyone but Conan knows, Kogoro absolutely should get the best detective award. Maybe this year and every year for all time.

-"I heard you're a great detective" an award winning one, even

-Ah yes, the obligatory "this is a place! It exists in real life! Look at it!" scenes

-His finger found him!

-Well that's a convenient conversation for Conan to listen in on at that exact time

-Maybe the real meaning is that we're gonna get Furio Tigre

-"This is no fun alone" *calls Conan* pfft ok, I didn't think that's where they were going with her looking at the couples there

-Ran, forever alone

-"Sorry could you be my girlfriend for a bit" Well ok person I've never met, that seems totally reasonable!

-"DAMMIT WE'VE LOST THE BLOND MAN! THERE IS NO WAY TO FIND HIM! LET'S NOT LOOK RIGHT BEHIND US WHERE THERE ARE EIGHT PEOPLE, ONLY ONE OF WHICH IS BLOND!"

Apparently he's being chased by stupid men as well.

-What type of weak bs is that?! "Ah I got lightly shoved, my one weakness!"

Number of songs from 2007 soundtrack: 7