Detective Conan Anime Discussion Thread (Latest Subbed Episode: 873)

Post any Detective Conan news, events, questions, and the like about the anime, manga, movies, or OVAs that don't belong elsewhere here.
kkuuddoo

Re: Detective Conan Anime Discussion Thread (Latest Subbed Episode: 842)

Postby kkuuddoo » December 20th, 2016, 3:55 pm

she probably meant
Spoiler:
Rumi

MOD NOTE: characters that have yet to appear in the anime must be placed inside of a spoiler box. There might be people who only see the anime and they don't want to get spoiled.
Last edited by Spimer on December 20th, 2016, 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Added a spoiler box to hide a character who's yet to appear in the anime
GIN X SHIHO <3<3<3
VERMOUTH IS SEXY AS HELL !!

Elena Miyano and Atsushi ..... APTX 4869 & Silver Bullet
kkslider5552000
Community Villain

Dogcopter 8: The World Dog Only Knows

Re: Detective Conan Anime Discussion Thread (Latest Subbed Episode: 842)

Postby kkslider5552000 » December 21st, 2016, 3:20 am

[bEpisode 842: Turning Point on a Driving Date][/b]

-What is with Kogoro focused AOs? I mean, I don't mind because Kogoro doesn't get a lot of worthwhile focus anymore otherwise, but they REALLY like episodes focused on Kogoro.

-This is already super suspicious

-"Kids don't even do that these days"

-Well this went in an unexpected direction!

-"Looks like we got away!" Pfft, this is one of Conan's best lines in ages

-WTF? That is the most childish man.

-"That apartment is cursed!" Ok seriously, what story are we doing?

-"That brat stole her from me"

-Sakura Kinomoto would be proud of your ability to fail to catch the twirling object

-"There's no room for evil thoughts here" I don't even have any witty to add to this

Yeah, another case where the actual case I didn't care too much about but it was at least pretty entertaining in a...bizarre way. Like, what even was some of this? Weird.

Number of songs from 2007 soundtrack: 8
Bioshock is considered a masterpiece. Let me attempt to showcase why : viewtopic.php?f=10&t=13252

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Wii U ID: SliderGamer55
MeiTanteixX

Re: Detective Conan Anime Discussion Thread (Latest Subbed Episode: 841)

Postby MeiTanteixX » December 21st, 2016, 3:56 pm

DCUniverseAficionado wrote:
MeiTanteixX wrote:Am I the only one that find it funny how Episode 842...
Spoiler:
...referenced the name "Wada" and "Anzai", which appeared in the latest chapter(File 982)?

both of these were Remi's fake surnames :P

Who's Remi?

It's the victim of Episode 842. She had loan troubles, so to hide from the loan sharks, she changed her surname and moved around.
DC's Awesome Qoutes:
Spoiler:
Bourbon:''A child's curiosity and a detective's spirit of inquiry do have much in common''Image
Vermouth:''A secret makes a woman, woman''
Image Image
Mary/Gin:''It's like encountering a demon in the darkness...''
Akai Shuichi:''Fear of death is worse than death itself''
Shinichi Kudo:''following the smell of blood to arrive upon a crime scene, using every one of your senses to hunt the culprit, then once you've seized hold of him, sinking your sharp teeth(your evidence) until your opponent gives up the ghost, That's a detective''

DeviantArt:http://meitanteixx.deviantart.com/
Tumblr:http://masterdetectivexx.tumblr.com/
Youtube:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFL6Gqku3dvoPhWaNIRUu0Q
DCUniverseAficionado

Life can be so many things... what it is for me and for you is up to us to decide.

Postby DCUniverseAficionado » December 22nd, 2016, 3:46 pm

MeiTanteixX wrote:
Spoiler:
...referenced the name "Wada" and "Anzai", which appeared in the latest chapter(File 982)?

Who's Remi?

It's the victim of Episode 842. She had loan troubles, so to hide from the loan sharks, she changed her surname and moved around.

Oh.

Spoiler:
Like kkuuddoo posted, I thought you'd meant Rumi, but misspelled her name.
“Life is infinitely stranger than anything which the mind of man could invent. We would not dare to conceive the things which are really mere commonplaces of existence. If we could fly out of that window hand in hand, hover over this great city, gently remove the roofs, and and peep in at the queer things which are going on, the strange coincidences, the plannings, the cross-purposes, the wonderful chains of events, working through generations, and leading to the most outre results, it would make all fiction with its conventionalities and foreseen conclusions most stale and unprofitable.”
“Education never ends... it is a series of lessons, with the greatest for the last.”
― Arthur Conan Doyle, The Complete Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and His Last Bow
"I have decided to stick to love... hate is too great a burden to bear."
— Martin Luther King Jr. (A Testament of Hope: The Essential Writings and Speeches of Martin Luther King, Jr)
MeiTanteixX

Postby MeiTanteixX » December 24th, 2016, 11:39 am

MeiTanteixX wrote:
Spoiler:

Who's Remi?

Oh.

Spoiler:
Like kkuuddoo posted, I thought you'd meant Rumi, but misspelled her name.

Haha
ofc I wouldn't mess up that name of all names x)
DC's Awesome Qoutes:
Spoiler:
Bourbon:''A child's curiosity and a detective's spirit of inquiry do have much in common''Image
Vermouth:''A secret makes a woman, woman''
Image Image
Mary/Gin:''It's like encountering a demon in the darkness...''
Akai Shuichi:''Fear of death is worse than death itself''
Shinichi Kudo:''following the smell of blood to arrive upon a crime scene, using every one of your senses to hunt the culprit, then once you've seized hold of him, sinking your sharp teeth(your evidence) until your opponent gives up the ghost, That's a detective''

DeviantArt:http://meitanteixx.deviantart.com/
Tumblr:http://masterdetectivexx.tumblr.com/
Youtube:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFL6Gqku3dvoPhWaNIRUu0Q
kkslider5552000
Community Villain

Re: Detective Conan Anime Discussion Thread (Latest Subbed Episode: 843)

Postby kkslider5552000 » December 28th, 2016, 3:10 am

Episode 843: The Detectives in a Grove (Part One)

-Haibara's priorities!

-To this day, it's really hard to say how much of Haibara's less serious, later characterization is really clever writing and how much is just an amusing coincidence that it's been so long that Haibara is just incredibly used to her situation at this point.

-This version of Jingle Bells is ok I guess but it will never compare to their legendary version of Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer way back in the 90s! (pffft)

-No one knows what I'm referencing, even on the Conan site.

-I hope Genta and Mitsuhiko believe in Santa Claus, just so it can be completely absurd that they casually talked with 2 different Santas

-I'm slightly annoyed I didn't watch this episode sooner

-Y'know, sometimes I miss super serious Haibara. Haibara being OFFENDED that this lady refuses to give the 7 year olds make up as she is a CUSTOMER DAMMIT, does not make me miss super serious Haibara.

-"Her mother will get here soon" ...what a sad, ironic line during this comedic segment :(

-"She died right after I was born" Nope, it's funny again.

-It's been over 8 years since I've gotten into Detective Conan, and let me say, for the record, I have not seen a better anime character ever. EVER. Haibara is the best.

-Oh so is this like when Scar Akai was around, a lot of cases focused on the color red? But this time cases are gonna focus on vague contradicting appearances because of Rum?

-One of the weirdest things about Detective Conan is unintentionally seeing the evolution of a musical artist I never would've known existed otherwise. Seriously, I've probably heard more Mai Kuraki songs because of Conan than most American acts I like.

Not sure what to say. It's a part 1 of a Detective Boys focused murder mystery. It's better than some examples of that, but I'm not sure what I could say about it that I haven't.

Number of songs from 2007 soundtrack: 9
Bioshock is considered a masterpiece. Let me attempt to showcase why : viewtopic.php?f=10&t=13252

usotsuki

Re: Detective Conan Anime Discussion Thread (Latest Subbed Episode: 844)

Postby usotsuki » December 28th, 2016, 10:16 pm

Karaoke and nosejobs?
The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible. Arthur C. Clarke
Ai kudo

Postby Ai kudo » December 29th, 2016, 10:43 am

Ahh after such a long time haibara is back again.YAY!!
Conan sure you can boss around the police but haibara doesn't like to be dictated :)

p.s I'm a new member
MCAL

Postby MCAL » January 1st, 2017, 2:00 pm

844:
It's funny. I never realized this until today, but this case was actually one big Rum metaphor.

I'm probably the only manga reader that hasn't figured this out yet.
k11chi

Postby k11chi » January 1st, 2017, 4:50 pm

Mai Kuraki
saves endings once again thank god :-X
kkslider5552000
Community Villain

Postby kkslider5552000 » January 3rd, 2017, 3:29 am

Episode 844: The Detectives in a Grove (Part Two)

-Plot twist: Two of the Detective Boys were just being lying assholes. Mystery solved!

-"Thankfully this creepy man was carrying a mannequin upstairs for some reason!"

-"They reminded me of the high school cheerleader I liked." ...huh. Well that was an unexpected little detail from this nothing of a character but hey, it is 2017-

wait, Japan has male cheerleaders...

...oh...right... :/

-Haibara's just thinking "I am offended to be treated like this"

-I feel like Gosho had this one idea about colors for a case, and then made ALL OF THIS to simply to justify using it in a case

-If Ayumi is scared of him, why did she get closer? "STAYING BEHIND THIS CHILD WILL PROTECT ME FROM THE CULPRIT!"

-"I'm so appalled I'm not even angry"

-WAIT...DOES THAT MEAN....I mean that could mean a number of things but the main theory that comparison makes me think of. I mean, wow, I couldn't predict that one if that's where we're going with all this.

Case existed but my god what a loser. hype that guy.

Number of songs from 2007 soundtrack: 6

k11chi

Postby k11chi » January 10th, 2017, 3:50 pm

Episode 620 of the London arc is so great. The moment when Minerva hit "HELP" and Conan goes there after her losing hope is one of the best moments in the series with the meaning it has.
kkslider5552000
Community Villain

Postby kkslider5552000 » January 10th, 2017, 9:44 pm

k11chi wrote:Episode 620 of the London arc is so great. The moment when Minerva hit "HELP" and Conan goes there after her losing hope is one of the best moments in the series with the meaning it has.

If it wasn't for the horribly disappointing ending and having minimal followup to THAT ONE THING, it would honestly be one of Gosho's best stories tbh. (certainly one of his best post-Vermouth arc at least)

DCUniverseAficionado

Life can be so many things... what it is for me and for you is up to us to decide.

Postby DCUniverseAficionado » January 11th, 2017, 9:49 am

kkslider5552000 wrote:If it wasn't for the horribly disappointing ending and having minimal followup to THAT ONE THING, it would honestly be one of Gosho's best stories tbh. (certainly one of his best post-Vermouth arc at least)

So there are two distinct problems, not just one?

I thought people just didn't care for Gosho's pattern of letting plot/character threads dangle.

The "horribly disappointing ending?..."

Was it how easily Shinichi/Conan got out of the U.K., or something like that, with an easy APTX antidote solution to this problem?
“Life is infinitely stranger than anything which the mind of man could invent. We would not dare to conceive the things which are really mere commonplaces of existence. If we could fly out of that window hand in hand, hover over this great city, gently remove the roofs, and and peep in at the queer things which are going on, the strange coincidences, the plannings, the cross-purposes, the wonderful chains of events, working through generations, and leading to the most outre results, it would make all fiction with its conventionalities and foreseen conclusions most stale and unprofitable.”
“Education never ends... it is a series of lessons, with the greatest for the last.”
― Arthur Conan Doyle, The Complete Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and His Last Bow
"I have decided to stick to love... hate is too great a burden to bear."
— Martin Luther King Jr. (A Testament of Hope: The Essential Writings and Speeches of Martin Luther King, Jr)
kkslider5552000
Community Villain

Postby kkslider5552000 » January 12th, 2017, 7:12 pm

kkslider5552000 wrote:If it wasn't for the horribly disappointing ending and having minimal followup to THAT ONE THING, it would honestly be one of Gosho's best stories tbh. (certainly one of his best post-Vermouth arc at least)

So there are two distinct problems, not just one?

Well by ending, I mean most of how the last episode was handled.

Return to “General Discussion”