Detective Conan Anime Discussion Thread

Post any Detective Conan news, events, questions, and the like about the anime, manga, movies, or OVAs that don't belong elsewhere here.
kkslider5552000
Community Villain
Enjoys making videos that no one will watch

Re: Detective Conan Anime Discussion Thread (Latest Subbed Episode: 953)

Post by kkslider5552000 »

k11chi wrote:
July 7th, 2020, 9:44 am
You know, now that I'm older I've gained newfound appreciation towards The Cursed Mask Coldly Laughs (EP184). So much so that I'll be willing to say it has quite possibly the greatest locked room murder trick in anime and manga ever due to how daringly it handles the visual clues. It's all in front of your nose but even when the trick is shown it's quite impressive. It's a trick that cannot work well outside of the visual medium.
That was generally considered one of the best AOs back in the day, and I tend to agree. It's just a really interesting, well handled mystery that's from when AOs could somewhat regularly be confused for actual Gosho cases in quality.

Episode 959: The Poodle and the Shotgun (Part Two)

-Maybe it's just me, but that feels like that hit wouldn't have knocked him out like that. It was a bit too slow.

-Well of course, someone else had to die so we can have three suspects.

-Suddenly, dog!

-Conveniently timed evidence dog.

-Ok, its pretty funny how he did the normal wacky, falling asleep suddenly noises Kogoro always does, and then when he's leaning on the chair looking cool he suddenly lets out a cool "hm" in an entirely different tone of voice. Such a simple, quick joke, but I am amused.

-Get away from that child's face, you weird woman

-"We emptied it" Well that's just an anti-climax. Like even for doing just that

-"I can't believe my plans were ruined by a poodle"

This sure was a case. Tbh, I'm finding some of the modern AOs to have a particular problem of being interesting in the 2nd half. Like they have a decent case premise, and the follow up to get to the Sleeping Kogoro stuff is...competent but boring. I'm not sure why, but its been a somewhat regular problem for a while.

Number of songs from 2007 soundtrack: 7
Let's Play Bioshock Infinite: https://forums.dctp.ws/viewtopic.php?f= ... 94#p879594

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Wii U ID: SliderGamer55
kkslider5552000
Community Villain

Re: Detective Conan Anime Discussion Thread

Episode 962: Mori Kogoro's Grand Lecture (Part 1)

-Man, maybe this won't be an issue, but immediately I see a problem. And that's that Eri has barely been in this series since Kogoro got a new voice. So any chemistry to justify Kogoro and Eri...not being divorced might just not exist in the performances the same way they were.

-I'm surprised murder is a notable news story in this world. At this point it should be like "today's murder", because its like the weather. Always there, in some form.

-It would make sense Kogoro would be considered an important figure to get a lecture from at this point. Tbh, in this world, he should be considered like the hero of Japan for solving all these murders.

-Three event staff, huh? What a convenient number.

-I guess never mind on three of them meaning anything

-Yes, plz send the kids away so Haibara can be in an episode and maybe even do things

-I actually didn't know that was supposed to be blood until they said so

-Who is this girl? She's been consistently noticing things other people haven't so it has to mean...something.

-"But I killed someone else" ...well, this took a turn

Number of songs from 2007 soundtrack: 5
Let's Play Bioshock Infinite: https://forums.dctp.ws/viewtopic.php?f= ... 94#p879594

kkslider5552000
Community Villain

Episode 963: Mori Kogoro's Grand Lecture (Part Two)

-I'd be weirded out if I found out after the fact they merely delayed it because SOMEONE HAD DIED.

-Who would win:
One adult or
one tiny cane boi

-I just realized, this is part 2 of 3, they have an hour. So essentially, this case is happening in real time (ignoring the 6 days, 23 hours and 30 minutes between parts 2 and 3 anyway).

-"We have less than 30 minutes" OH CMON, YOU HAD A GREAT SETUP FOR THIS : (

-"Ah yes, small child I don't know. If you say Kogoro sent you, it must be true. Please see the crime scene. I'm a great police officer!"

-I have no idea why Conan is walking backwards downstairs

-This girl needs to stop being so suspicious

-Ok, so what's the twist now that we've "solved the case" one episode early? I'd assume it was the girl all along, but who knows?

-Oh hi Eri

-Huh...not even a hint of the case at the end-oh it has a post-ED scene, ok!

Number of songs from 2007 soundtrack: 8

k11chi

Post by k11chi »

I liked the Haibara ending as well but this new one (ED62) slaps hard. It's simple but atmospheric as heck.
kkslider5552000
Community Villain

Episode 964: Mori Kogoro's Grand Lecture (Part Three)

-"A new heroine" Stop treating people like fictional characters

-Well at least she's giving away her motivation, more or less

-She did a lot just to confront Kogoro like this

-Man, it would suck if Takagi was in the crowd and saw that Kogoto couldn't possibly be talking to him

-It's rare that Kogoro is called out like this! I'll take it I guess, though I know this will go nowhere

-I love "He's asleep! : D" because its just funny out of context. "He's suddenly asleep during this situation, that's great!"

-I like how the spotlight is still following them

-It always stands out when someone is actually willing to attack people in public like this

-Wow, that crowd went from terrified to pretty calm in no time at all

-"someday the one truth will be revealed" I see what you're doing there

-Saving Kogoro

I did like how this case didn't go the traditional route of "this person was behind everything all along" and instead was just two different cases. That certainly was a bit different. And it had better, more interesting pacing than a lot of cases for that reason. But I don't think the motivations hit as well you'd want it to. It's halfway there.

Number of songs from 2007 soundtrack: 4