Detective Conan Anime Discussion Thread (Latest Subbed Episode: 877)

Post any Detective Conan news, events, questions, and the like about the anime, manga, movies, or OVAs that don't belong elsewhere here.
Spimer

Do not underestimate the power of the Dark Side of the Force!

Re: Detective Conan Anime Discussion Thread (Latest Subbed Episode: 874)

Postby Spimer » October 3rd, 2017, 8:19 am

Yeah, Yokomizo had called for them so he's the culprit of the love scene getting ruined xD.

Momiji is the central character of the Movie 21, yeah. This was the case she made her debut in manga as movie promotion.
"I shall revive again, again AND AGAIN!"
kkslider5552000
Community Villain

Dogcopter 8: The World Dog Only Knows

Re: Detective Conan Anime Discussion Thread (Latest Subbed Episode: 874)

Postby kkslider5552000 » October 10th, 2017, 3:22 am

Episode 875: The Mysterious Prophetic Buddha!

-They're really excited about the title of this episode!

-"something bad always happens" In Detective Conan? NO WAY!

-I still can't get over this. They took such a fun, exciting, different song and gave it the absolute most boring images possible. I was gonna say imagery over images, but no, IMAGES IS LITERALLY CORRECT. So yeah, the comparisons to the old B'z openings is pretty appropriate. Next time, they might as well just put in random manga panels and text saying "hype it, we're not paid enough for this"

-"I'm sorry you had to see that" I could be wrong but I feel like I've seen that line in dozens of episodes. That random forgettable line has probably been in more episodes of this anime than most anime have episodes.

-Telling a detective to leave isn't suspicious at all

-"I'll put on weight if I eat this late" This is an AO, no you won't

-"Oh attacked by a bear. That's funny, just yesterday we were attacked by a fake mythical creature that was actually someone's way to try to get away with murder. Just the type of thing that happens. Y'know how it is."

-This case earns a point for Kogoro apparently being right.

-I was ALMOST convinced there wasn't going to be a twist to this

-19:03 - Ok, so did Kogoro's forehead get wider or is it just me?

-That is the most awkward evil laughing face I've seen in a while.

Case was kinda boring until the kinda fun twists towards the end. Kinda.

Number of songs from 2007 soundtrack: 4
Bioshock is considered a masterpiece. Let me attempt to showcase why : viewtopic.php?f=10&t=13252

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Wii U ID: SliderGamer55
Kor

Re: Detective Conan Anime Discussion Thread (Latest Subbed Episode: 877)

Postby Kor » October 14th, 2017, 4:24 pm

Today's episode was one of them dumb and atrociously animated eps. At the very least it had some "so bad it's good" moments and the ending showed some self awareness on the writers' part, so at least there's that.

And it did let me make this silly Genta gif.
kkslider5552000
Community Villain

Dogcopter 8: The World Dog Only Knows

Re: Detective Conan Anime Discussion Thread (Latest Subbed Episode: 877)

Postby kkslider5552000 » October 17th, 2017, 4:05 am

Episode 876: The Mechanical Witness

-I mean, if the witness is mechanical and dies, at least I'll understand the black blood for once.

-Well, if you were to ask me how I think a Detective Conan episode would start, I would never have guessed "Mouri Kogoro is attacked by robot rabbit poop". Points for originality?

-"A self-defense robot for women" ...I have so many questions already. I don't think he pressed anything so I cannot begin to comprehend why Kogoro was attacked other than the universe thinking Kogoro's misery is hilarious.

-Wow that mouse with the obvious sounds of moving like a toy on wheels that looks nothing like a real mouse is so easy to confuse with a real mouse!

-"Maybe he made it to scare girls" ...ok, I can't comment on every dumb or bizarre thing in this episode. I'm not even 4 minutes in! INCLUDING THE OPENING!

-"Today's the last day they'll make fun of me. I'll show off my ideas to Baxter Stockman, and then we'll see who has the last laugh!"

-"THAT GUY WAS RUDE TO ME, I HOPE THIS PLACE CLOSES DOWN AND EVERYONE HERE LOSES THEIR JOB > : ("

-Kogoro getting into his Danbo cosplay I see

-No one else is checking the door handle, that concerns me

-"We may be able to solve this case sooner than expected" The last 1/3 of this episode will just be Kogoro, Ran and Conan driving back home

-Ok, this trick is kinda cool, in a messed up way

This was certainly a strange one. I have to be honest, parts of this was clever and I always have a fondness for the straight up dumber ideas in the series like this. But for whatever reason, this one really didn't work for me. It's one of the rare times where it being absurd and weird and dumb actually annoyed me a bit. I dunno.

Number of songs from 2007 soundtrack: 6
Bioshock is considered a masterpiece. Let me attempt to showcase why : viewtopic.php?f=10&t=13252

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Wii U ID: SliderGamer55

Return to “General Discussion”