who's your favourite and least favourite character in detective conan?

Post any Detective Conan news, events, questions, and the like about the anime, manga, movies, or OVAs that don't belong elsewhere here.
DCUniverseAficionado
Life can be so many things... what it is for me and for you is up to us to decide.

Re: who's your favourite and least favourite character in detective conan?

Post by DCUniverseAficionado »

Wakarimashita wrote: Flop 5 :
1)
Spoiler:
Wakita
Spoiler:
After just 1 case?

Guess he must be really badly designed...
“Life is infinitely stranger than anything which the mind of man could invent. We would not dare to conceive the things which are really mere commonplaces of existence. If we could fly out of that window hand in hand, hover over this great city, gently remove the roofs, and and peep in at the queer things which are going on, the strange coincidences, the plannings, the cross-purposes, the wonderful chains of events, working through generations, and leading to the most outre results, it would make all fiction with its conventionalities and foreseen conclusions most stale and unprofitable.”
“Education never ends... it is a series of lessons, with the greatest for the last.”
― Arthur Conan Doyle, The Complete Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and His Last Bow
"I have decided to stick to love... hate is too great a burden to bear."
— Martin Luther King Jr. (A Testament of Hope: The Essential Writings and Speeches of Martin Luther King, Jr)
MeiTanteixX

Post by MeiTanteixX »

In order from top to bottom...

Favorites:
Kudo Shinichi, Akai Shuichi, Hattori Heiji, Miyano Shiho, Vermouth, Mouri Ran...
Spoiler:
Current Arc(Rum) Favorites:
Wakasa Rumi, Mary Sera, Kuroda Hyoue, Haneda Shuukichi, Akai Tsutomu, Scotch...
Least Favorites(I don't dislike them):
Yamamura, Yokomizo Sango, Azusa, Tequila, Camel(I pity him... but he's a good driver at least)
Spoiler:
Current Arc(Rum) Least Favorites(I don't dislike them):
Amanda Hughes, Higo Ryusuke, Haneda Kouji, Wada Hina, Ooka Momiji, Wakita Kanenori...
Last edited by MeiTanteixX on January 25th, 2017, 9:28 am, edited 3 times in total.
DC's Awesome Qoutes:
Spoiler:
Bourbon:''A child's curiosity and a detective's spirit of inquiry do have much in common''
Vermouth:''A secret makes a woman, woman''
Image Image
Mary/Gin:''It's like encountering a demon in the darkness...''
Akai Shuichi:''Fear of death is worse than death itself''
Shinichi Kudo:''following the smell of blood to arrive upon a crime scene, using every one of your senses to hunt the culprit, then once you've seized hold of him, sinking your sharp teeth(your evidence) until your opponent gives up the ghost, That's a detective''
DeviantArt:http://meitanteixx.deviantart.com/
Tumblr:http://masterdetectivexx.tumblr.com/
Youtube:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFL6Gq ... hWaNIRUu0Q
Wakarimashita

Post by Wakarimashita »

MeiTanteixX wrote:In order from top to bottom...

Favorites:
Kudo Shinichi, Akai Shuichi, Hattori Heiji, Miyano Shiho, Vermouth, Ran(When she's allowed to develop)...
Spoiler:
Yamamura, Yokomizo Sango, Azusa, Tequila, Camel(I pity him... but he's a good driver at least)
Spoiler:
Ooka Momiji, Amanda Hughes, Higo Ryusuke, Haneda Kouji, Wada Hina, Wakita Kanenori...
Please don't forget the spoiler boxes. :)
"I wonder if there really is a God...
If such an entity really existed, wouldn't all honest, hard-working people be happy?"

MeiTanteixX

Post by MeiTanteixX »

Wakarimashita wrote:
MeiTanteixX wrote:In order from top to bottom...

Favorites:
Kudo Shinichi, Akai Shuichi, Hattori Heiji, Miyano Shiho, Vermouth, Ran(When she's allowed to develop)...
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Ooka Momiji, Amanda Hughes, Higo Ryusuke, Haneda Kouji, Wada Hina, Wakita Kanenori...
Please don't forget the spoiler boxes. :)
Oops, sorry :P
DC's Awesome Qoutes:
Spoiler:
Bourbon:''A child's curiosity and a detective's spirit of inquiry do have much in common''
Image Image
Shinichi Kudo:''following the smell of blood to arrive upon a crime scene, using every one of your senses to hunt the culprit, then once you've seized hold of him, sinking your sharp teeth(your evidence) until your opponent gives up the ghost, That's a detective''
Nemomon
This is my melody and it's just the raver's fantasy

Post by Nemomon »

My list didn't change too much from the last time. I still hate Ran/Kazuha, Genta and Yamamura.

My favorites include Vermouth, Ai, Nagano Trio (though I like Komei the most), Mitsuhiko, Eisuke, and Megure. In a random order.

People seem to despise Eisuke, but then they tend to forget that the scenes with Eisuke are the ones during which Conan really shows and proves that he loves Ran. Mitsuhiko is a really nice and smart little boy, and I love how Megure continues to joke around (though they're probably not jokes at all) that Conan/Kogorou are shinigamis and/or there are again so many teenage detectives around.
My dad’s a soldier blue I’ll be a soldier, too
When I grow older you will see me rescue you
I’ll teach you this old song so you can sing along
When I am dead and gone the day won’t be so long.
k11chi

Post by k11chi »

I think Kazuha is jumping to my favorites next :-X

Post by 20038 »

Wakarimashita wrote:Top 3 :
1) Vermouth
2) Conan
3) Eri

Flop 3 :
1) Genta
2) Kid
3) Sera
?????? how can u hate kid and sera?!?!! they're like my two favourite characters
Wakarimashita

Post by Wakarimashita »

20038 wrote:
Wakarimashita wrote:Top 3 :
1) Vermouth
2) Conan
3) Eri

Flop 3 :
1) Genta
2) Kid
3) Sera
?????? how can u hate kid and sera?!?!! they're like my two favourite characters
Sera symbolises when the Bourbon Arc went wrong with all the Akai family crap. And she's basically just a female Eisuke, but at least Eisuke had the wisdom not to overstay his welcome.

Kid was decent enough 15 years ago. But now he's just an insufferable character, with his cases being among the most mediocre.
"I wonder if there really is a God...
If such an entity really existed, wouldn't all honest, hard-working people be happy?"

ginandjuice
i rob you miss mystery ♫♪

Post by ginandjuice »

Looks like a lot of us agree on favs and least favs :P

favourite three:

1. Gin
2. Conan
3. Sato

least favourite three:
1. Kid (does NOT belong in DC imo)
Spoiler:
Wakita

3. Ran

and sorta kinda fourth least favourite: Shinichi. I love Conan but I don't like when Shinichi appears, as weird as that sounds.
Tantei KID
I'm just a background character.

Post by Tantei KID »

My favorite characters are:

1. Kaitou Kid. Tied with Shinichi/Conan. I can't decide! They are both amazing people with amazing skills, but aren't completely perfect. Plus, they are amazing fun to work with in fan fiction. They are just too amazing!
2. Haibara Ai. She has such a deep personality, and she hides it so well. Her past is terrible, but she is strong and overcomes it all. Plus, she's incredibly smart!
3. Hattori Heiji. He is just too funny, and he has a wonderful personality and a great attitude.

Least favorite (not hated):

1. Yamamura. His mouth! Gah! And his detective skills kill me! And his personality! Everytime he talks, I just want to look away. =_=. He can be fun sometimes though... :p
2. Genta. Annoying. Um, what else? Big headed. Yeah...
3. Mouri Kogoro. He makes me cringe. A lot.

I am not far in the series, so I am only going off of who I know. :)
Image *Hugs* Just in case life isn't going quite right.
PhantomWriter
Rye on Discord

Post by PhantomWriter »

Favorites:
1. Mary. She's 1000x done with nearly everything. Sometimes, that's very refreshing. And she doesn't trust Conan compared to the rest of her family and most of the cast.
2. KID. What can I say? I like the whole Arsene Lupin motif, even if Lupin only outright announced a theft before the fact once in the original stories that I've gotten access to (Arsene Lupin in Prison). I'm a fan of LeBlanc's work, so people referencing it like that just makes me ridiculously happy. (I also adore Oblivion's Thieves Guild questline, since the Grey Fox's exclamation of "Capital!" is a reference.) :P
3. A tie between Rei, Haibara, and Shuichi/Subaru for my third spot. Each of them are psychologically complex, skilled characters. Their dynamics are also interesting, though it's a shame they cannot hash things out more on page. Rei has a heavy emphasis on psychological trickery, which I find very fun, and his vendetta and actions are interesting. Shuichi and Shinichi may have the same personality type, but I think Shuichi's more suited to the main plot because he waited things out and got the skills and qualifications to go after the Org. as an adult instead of charging headfirst like Shinichi.

Least Favorite:
1. Camel. Sorry, but he has so many problems keeping track of basic information and tends to blow Shuichi's cover in some very worrying ways. It's not likely he's Org., but it is a worrying trend.
2. Conan/Shinichi. While I liked Shinichi's character development at first, going from a cocky brat to more humble for a while after his poisoning, there were a few things that started making me back away from him as a character and worrying about his progression. For example, when KID steals Jirokichi's motorcycle to get away, Conan tries blowing up the gas tank on it and is upset that (he thinks) KID wasn't hit with the blast. The guy can be annoying from a lot of the detectives' perspectives, but that was worryingly excessive. I also think his extremely ostentatious behavior would, in other series, have the Organization zeroing in on him a lot sooner. (IE, known as the "KID killer," among other things.)
3. Yamamura. I skip through his dialogue a lot because he's irksome and annoying.

While Wakita's a decent character personality-wise, his design is unpleasant. I don't include the kids on here because they're kids. Kids are kinda dumb and make a lot of stupid mistakes.
"Data! Data! Data! I cannot make bricks without clay." -Sherlock Holmes
MeiTanteixX

Post by MeiTanteixX »

Absenta wrote:Jodie: She is one of the dumbest characters of the series
Really?
DC's Awesome Qoutes:
Spoiler:
Image Image
Themaninarmor
It's not about me

Post by Themaninarmor »

Fav :
Vermouth, she is a bad girl and sexy
Haibara, she is a mysterious girl and unpredictable
Miwako, she is tomboy but have soft heart
Gin, he is the coolest. But he also the one that i don't want to see in RL

Least :

Yamamura... He is a disgrace for police and for Gosho too
Yumi... She is like my ex ... i hate her. Sorry
Conan's teacher (forget her name)... She is clumsy and clumsy is not cute.
ran mamijo kun
katara kare anya masuno
ginandjuice
i rob you miss mystery ♫♪

Post by ginandjuice »

MeiTanteixX wrote:
Really?
I agree tbh. She's jarring and should've disappeared after her arc like Eisuke.
PhantomWriter
Rye on Discord

Post by PhantomWriter »

ginandjuice wrote:
MeiTanteixX wrote:
Really?
I agree tbh. She's jarring and should've disappeared after her arc like Eisuke.
She got nerfed, which is different.
"Data! Data! Data! I cannot make bricks without clay." -Sherlock Holmes