who's your favourite and least favourite character in detective conan?

Post any Detective Conan news, events, questions, and the like about the anime, manga, movies, or OVAs that don't belong elsewhere here.
DCUniverseAficionado
Life can be so many things... what it is for me and for you is up to us to decide.

Re: who's your favourite and least favourite character in detective conan?

Post by DCUniverseAficionado »

PhantomWriter wrote:
ginandjuice wrote:
MeiTanteixX wrote:
Absenta wrote:Jodie: She is one of the dumbest characters of the series
Really?
I agree tbh. She's jarring and should've disappeared after her arc like Eisuke.
She got nerfed, which is different.
Yeah, that's the best way to describe it, I think.
“Life is infinitely stranger than anything which the mind of man could invent. We would not dare to conceive the things which are really mere commonplaces of existence. If we could fly out of that window hand in hand, hover over this great city, gently remove the roofs, and and peep in at the queer things which are going on, the strange coincidences, the plannings, the cross-purposes, the wonderful chains of events, working through generations, and leading to the most outre results, it would make all fiction with its conventionalities and foreseen conclusions most stale and unprofitable.”
“Education never ends... it is a series of lessons, with the greatest for the last.”
― Arthur Conan Doyle, The Complete Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and His Last Bow
"I have decided to stick to love... hate is too great a burden to bear."
— Martin Luther King Jr. (A Testament of Hope: The Essential Writings and Speeches of Martin Luther King, Jr)
xLostChains
Just your average girl who loves to draw random stuff

Post by xLostChains »

DCUniverseAficionado wrote:
PhantomWriter wrote:
ginandjuice wrote:
MeiTanteixX wrote:
Absenta wrote:Jodie: She is one of the dumbest characters of the series
Really?
I agree tbh. She's jarring and should've disappeared after her arc like Eisuke.
She got nerfed, which is different.
Yeah, that's the best way to describe it, I think.
yep...nerfed is the best way to describe it. She's still a good character imo, its just that her importance/relevance isn't as good as before, and not only her, but also some of the FBI as well (except Akai)
DCUniverseAficionado
Life can be so many things... what it is for me and for you is up to us to decide.

xLostChains wrote:and not only her, but also some of the FBI as well (except Akai)
Yep, definitely them, as well.
“Life is infinitely stranger than anything which the mind of man could invent. We would not dare to conceive the things which are really mere commonplaces of existence. If we could fly out of that window hand in hand, hover over this great city, gently remove the roofs, and and peep in at the queer things which are going on, the strange coincidences, the plannings, the cross-purposes, the wonderful chains of events, working through generations, and leading to the most outre results, it would make all fiction with its conventionalities and foreseen conclusions most stale and unprofitable.”
“Education never ends... it is a series of lessons, with the greatest for the last.”
― Arthur Conan Doyle, The Complete Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and His Last Bow
— Martin Luther King Jr. (A Testament of Hope: The Essential Writings and Speeches of Martin Luther King, Jr)
PhantomWriter
Rye on Discord

Post by PhantomWriter »

I'd also argue Akai and Rei been nerfed to some extent, but not quite as badly or obviously as Jodie, Camel, and James.

I'm still somewhat irritated about the whole "Conan laid both plans out" thing said the Scarlet Epilogue since, of all of the people in the main plot during the Clash and the Scarlet Series, Conan would have far less information than the others regarding agents of the Organization, how those agents normally behave and their general mindsets, and the Org.'s hierarchy and internal culture. Conan's in the relative periphery of the main plot until he forces his involvement, so him being able to guess various specifics but not the agents whose jobs over the past several years has been to hunt the Organization down? It bothered me. And Rei only becoming suspicious of Subaru again when seeing him as left-handed? I can understand Rei being confused and thrown off balance for the immediate moment during the Scarlet Series, but he should've found too much of it suspicious. Unless he's waiting things out or something. (Which raises the question of why.)
"Data! Data! Data! I cannot make bricks without clay." -Sherlock Holmes
MeiTanteixX

Post by MeiTanteixX »

PhantomWriter wrote:I'd also argue Akai and Rei been nerfed to some extent, but not quite as badly or obviously as Jodie, Camel, and James.

I'm still somewhat irritated about the whole "Conan laid both plans out" thing said the Scarlet Epilogue since, of all of the people in the main plot during the Clash and the Scarlet Series, Conan would have far less information than the others regarding agents of the Organization, how those agents normally behave and their general mindsets, and the Org.'s hierarchy and internal culture. Conan's in the relative periphery of the main plot until he forces his involvement, so him being able to guess various specifics but not the agents whose jobs over the past several years has been to hunt the Organization down? It bothered me. And Rei only becoming suspicious of Subaru again when seeing him as left-handed? I can understand Rei being confused and thrown off balance for the immediate moment during the Scarlet Series, but he should've found too much of it suspicious. Unless he's waiting things out or something. (Which raises the question of why.)
To be fair, our perception of time is not the same as in the Detective Conan universe(so he might've not waited long from "Scarlet" to "betrayal"), and he wasn't just thrown off, he was "proven" that he made a mistake, and although the hidden cameras in the house were suspicious, it was really only because he thought Subaru was Akai. At that moment, he probably assumed that Yusaku was keeping surveillance of his house, while it's being occupied.
DC's Awesome Qoutes:
Spoiler:
Bourbon:''A child's curiosity and a detective's spirit of inquiry do have much in common''
Vermouth:''A secret makes a woman, woman''
Image Image
Mary/Gin:''It's like encountering a demon in the darkness...''
Akai Shuichi:''Fear of death is worse than death itself''
Shinichi Kudo:''following the smell of blood to arrive upon a crime scene, using every one of your senses to hunt the culprit, then once you've seized hold of him, sinking your sharp teeth(your evidence) until your opponent gives up the ghost, That's a detective''
DeviantArt:http://meitanteixx.deviantart.com/
Tumblr:http://masterdetectivexx.tumblr.com/
Youtube:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFL6Gq ... hWaNIRUu0Q
k11chi

Post by k11chi »

You just have to accept the fact that Conan is smarter than Akai.
DCUniverseAficionado

k11chi wrote:You just have to accept the fact that Conan is smarter than Akai.
@Mods (Spimer, Kor, etc.)

How many off topic posts have to be made before you step in? I ask not just for this case, but for future reference, too.
ABBC3_OFFTOPIC
While Shinichi/Conan came off smarter than Shuichi in Scarlet Showdown (894–898/781–783), Shuichi/Subaru came off as smarter than Shinichi/Conan in Yusaku Kudo's Cold Case (812–814/690–691).

I ultimately think of them as equals.
k11chi

Post by k11chi »

How many off topic posts have to be made before you step in? I ask not just for this case, but for future reference, too.
ABBC3_OFFTOPIC
While Shinichi/Conan came off smarter than Shuichi in Scarlet Showdown (894–898/781–783), Shuichi/Subaru came off as smarter than Shinichi/Conan in Yusaku Kudo's Cold Case (812–814/690–691).

the debate right now is about character preferal by how smart they are anyway..
Spoiler:
You forgot about Akai himself saying that the FBI, him included, couldn't come up with the tactics Conan did. Also in-story portrayal (like Vermouths thoughts on Conan) the Sherlock thing etc. put Conan above Akai.
DCUniverseAficionado

k11chi wrote:

ABBC3_OFFTOPIC

the debate right now is about character preferal by how smart they are anyway..
Spoiler:
You forgot about Akai himself saying that the FBI, him included, couldn't come up with the tactics Conan did. Also in-story portrayal (like Vermouths thoughts on Conan) the Sherlock thing etc. put Conan above Akai.
ABBC3_OFFTOPIC
Nope, didn't forget—didn't mention it because it wasn't enough for me to change my view that they're equals.
Ai kudo

Post by Ai kudo »

My most favourite character is Haibara.
Least favourite character keeps on changing.Currently I don't have one.
sherry26

Post by sherry26 »

I strongly disagree. They both are equal. Just because Akai admitted that the FBI couldn't come up with the tactics Conan did doesn't make him smarter than Akai. At that time Akai didn't know about Yukiko's disguising skills and Agasa's inventions. Also Akai outwitted Conan/Shinichi completely during Yusaku Kudo's cold case and the scarlet showdown
Spoiler:
k11chi

Post by k11chi »

sherry26 wrote:

I strongly disagree. They both are equal. Just because Akai admitted that the FBI couldn't come up with the tactics Conan did doesn't make him smarter than Akai. At that time Akai didn't know about Yukiko's disguising skills and Agasa's inventions. Also Akai outwitted Conan/Shinichi completely during Yusaku Kudo's cold case and the scarlet showdown
They are equal because they have strengths that balance them out. Akai is 3 times stronger than Masumi who is equal to Ran who can beat up multiple tough men and maybe even challenge Makoto a bit. Conan has far more knowledge.
Hattochi

Post by Hattochi »

My favourite character is Conan, & then Shinichi & Hattori.
Conan: i think Shinichi do his job more nice when he is Conan. You never imagine the shock when i discover that this little boy was a teenager :D
Hattori: best friend of Conan, he is too protective with him & Kazoha ;) too smart also.
Kogoro: the most hilarious character in the serie, i never imagine the serie without him!
Haibara: i like her, too savage & smart, she is with Agasa the one caracter who know Conan truth & organisation truth.
Mitsuhiko: the only child who is a real genius, he is cute when he like Haibara. And the first excited of 3 kids when crime is in close room! :D
Takagi: smart, lover, too protective with his girlfriend, he like his job & is too close to Conan (he spoke to him like an adult not like a child) & he can be very serious when he want.

My least caracter is Kaito Kid: boring, i become nervous & i skip all episode when i see him. He is too haughty and does not make me any positive effect.

Genta: sorry, we know you love food but you are boring. At least humor exist with him ;)
Ayumi: the most boring kid. Never humor, she is all time kidnapped & she have the I.Q of Genta. I like her but she's boring. At least, i not skip an episode when she was in!
Haibara & Aika ryona

Post by Haibara & Aika ryona »

Haibara ( shiho ) and Gin , Akemi, Miyano parents, Elena are the best ;D
I hate bourbon so much he is the most one that I hate
Haibara & Aika ryona

Post by Haibara & Aika ryona »

Hattochi wrote: My least caracter is Kaito Kid: boring, i become nervous & i skip all episode when i see him. He is too haughty and does not make me any positive effect.[/b]
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++==

Very like to your opinion here, I do agree with you :D :D :D :D

I do like him also, and I also don't like his episodes at all, and like you also me skip from his episodes; because he is so boring, i become so nervous, and also such as you said: "He is too haughty and does not make me any positive effect".