who's your favourite and least favourite character in detective conan?

Post any Detective Conan news, events, questions, and the like about the anime, manga, movies, or OVAs that don't belong elsewhere here.
red.orchid

Re: who's your favourite and least favourite character in detective conan?

Post by red.orchid »

@rocketpropelledbear: You've made fair points. I've been waiting for another suspicion arc, actually. Everybody seems to be waiting for something in this series, now that you mentioned it...
Secret Santa 2015
Spoiler:
Secret Santa 2016
Spoiler:
Nemomon
This is my melody and it's just the raver's fantasy

Post by Nemomon »

red.orchid wrote:Everybody seems to be waiting for something in this series, now that you mentioned it...
I think we aren't waiting for the yet another suspicious arc. Yet another failed one.

I think we're waiting for the moment when Ran finally will learn the truth. Which could be even more interesting than anything else.

For now Conan isn't risking anything - if he will die, just the Conan identity will die. And he knows that, and that's the reason he keeps everybody out of this. But when Ran will find out the truth, Conan himself will become aware that along with his death his dear Ran will also die. Perhaps not physically, but for sure mentally. When Ran will know the truth, Conan will understand that he isn't living just for himself and for destroying the BO. He might become too cautious which ironically might be the sole reason of what will bring the doom upon him. Because now he will take Ran into account, and will start making mistakes.

Or this is at least what I wish for...
My dad’s a soldier blue I’ll be a soldier, too
When I grow older you will see me rescue you
I’ll teach you this old song so you can sing along
When I am dead and gone the day won’t be so long.
Mario2000

Post by Mario2000 »

rocketpropelledbear wrote: I rather Kid stay "invincible" or Conan will become the one who is really invincible. Detectives are like critics to the magic show esqe heist, sure they can foil the thief's plans but handcuffing them to jail is another story. Kid can easily escape any handcuff if he is a crazy good magician, the only way to handcuff him to jail is to incapitate him such as knocking him out or arrest him through uncovering his civilian identity but I am sure the detectives will do neither because they want to play 'fair game'. To be frank in a fair gane a detective is never going to 100% beat the phantom thief(i.e. handcuff him to jail)
But they could make Kid lose at least "sometimes" or arrest him "temporarily" so later he escapes from jail.
rocketpropelledbear wrote: 1)More ShinRan focused stories (no thanks I would rather have plot revelent cases)
I wouldn't mind it to be honest, the number of childhood friend romances, just as the detective plot, was an equally important factor to make me interested in Detective Conan. Don't know why, but I just don't feel anything towards other kinds of romances in fiction (seem to lack some degree of innocence), not to mention that I really like Ran as a character, would be good to have such a friend in real life (yes, I know there is the being afraid of ghosts element, but imho it's irrelevant).
David mason

Post by David mason »

I agree that kaito kid is way too overrated. I don't get how this dude manage to get the 2nd place in every popularity poll. the fan girls....
no pain no gain
kudoran

Post by kudoran »

Top 3 :
1) Ran
2) Kaito
3) Shinichi

Flop 3 :
1) Ai
2) Akemi
3) Sera
Mizuumi

Post by Mizuumi »

My favorite characters are Heiji and Kazuha. I love every episode with them (and there are far too little!).
It's so cute and funny how they are always fighting, and also how Heiji is making fun of Conan ;D
I also love Takagi cause he's so cute and nice :) Too bad they changed his look so much, but love him anyway

There's actually no one I seriously dislike.
Of course some characters can be really bothering sometimes, but for me everyone just belongs to it.
Also I don't understand why so many of you don't like Sonoko, I think she's just totally funny :D
Volur

Post by Volur »

My favourite character is Ran))
Van Keiji

Post by Van Keiji »

My most favorite is Akai Shuuichi. I love his cool attitude and how sneaky he is.
Spoiler:
When he supposedly died, I thought for sure he was alive. Don't know why, but I just got the feeling he was still alive like in D.Gray-man
Spoiler:
Kanda: despite his disappearance I refused to say he was dead
Ai is a good character because she is the caution to Shinichi's daredevil attitude when the BO shows up. And I think her possible temporary crush on him is justified because what Shinichi did saved her from herself. But I think she should be with either Shuu-nii or Mitsuhiko (I don't understand the problem with letting her be with him).
The kids need to be childish, there is no need in disliking them for it. And despite how childish she really is, Ayumi is actually more mature than Genta and Mitsuhiko. Like when she gave Conan the credit he deserved for the first case. She also never gets in arguments. I do not dislike Mitsuhiko or Genta for being the way they are, considering often times they are more mature than a certain sleeping detective we all know.
Sonoko is a good friend who cares about Ran. What is there to dislike? She may be a bit of a drama queen, but that is a type of character necessary to any story. Also, without Sonoko, Ran would probably have a much more difficult time with Shinichi being gone since Sonoko is a huge pillar of support for her.
I love Takagi Keiji and Yamato Keiji. Those two are the ones who listen Conan more than any other officer. That just makes them awesome. Sato Keiji isn't far behind them.
Gin is a good villain. He is cool, calm-headed while cruel and unforgiving.
Spoiler:
That makes me really scared with the supposedly smarter Rum coming up. Brrrrrrrr.
Kaito and Shinichi are on the same level in my mind. A detective's job is to figure out the tricks, not capture the villain, since Kaito always gets away, they are pretty much even. It would not surprise me if Shinichi has actually figured out Kaito's identity,
Spoiler:
but like what happened with Okiya/Shuuichi, he's keeping that a secret from even the audience
. They are both geniuses.
Sera... Just Sera is epic. No more words necessary. *Gives snagged tooth grin*
I like Ran. I think Ran and Shinichi is the best couple. No doubt. Also, she deserves him for being the most patient girl on the planet. I would probably have started sending Shinichi hate messages by the time chapter 100 came around if I were in her position. She is also one of the kindest and most understanding people anyone could meet, despite her karate anger every once in a while.
Hattori and Kazuha are wonderful. Kazuha may not do much, but she is like Ran with a kind heart. I also believe she is good support for Ran. Hattori is probably the best friend Shinichi could have in his position and he could never be replaced.

So...
Favorites: Akai Shuuichi, Kudou Shinichi, and Hattori Heiji.

I hate Kogoro with a passion. He is necessary... but too incredibly dumb in most cases for me to give him any sort of credit. Except every once in a while, he will figure something out with a cool demeanor. But that only happens when it has to do with someone close to his heart, or someone who reminds him of his wife.
Vodka almost seems useless. He's a pain in the but next to Gin. Without Gin, I doubt Vodka would even still be alive, let alone have a cool codename.
Then that one officer. The only one I do not like: Yamamura Keiji/Keibu. He's an unnecessary comic relief who is just too much with only having been promoted because of Conan. I can't find any real reason for him being around.

So..
Least favorites: Mouri Kogoro, Vodka, and Yamamura Keiji/Keibu.

Man... that was long... Haha
"Courage is a word that gives you the strength to do what's right, you should not use it as an excuse to murder someone." -Mouri Ran

"Fear of death is worse than death itself." - Akai Shuuichi

"A thief is a creative artist who takes his prey in style... But a detective is nothing more than a critic, who follows our footsteps..." - Kaito Kid 1412

"A trick is nothing but a puzzle mankind came up with. If you use your head, you can uncover the logical answer." "I don't know why you would kill someone but as for saving someone... a logical mind isn't needed, right?" - Kudou Shinichi
Nemomon
This is my melody and it's just the raver's fantasy

Post by Nemomon »

Van Keiji wrote:Then that one officer. The only one I do not like: Yamamura Keiji/Keibu. He's an unnecessary comic relief who is just too much with only having been promoted because of Conan. I can't find any real reason for him being around.
Reminds me of a ne of the lastest manga episodes in which the story takes place in the Nagano, and everyone expects to meet Yamato again, and they're super disappointed (Kogorou included) when Yamamura appears instead.
My dad’s a soldier blue I’ll be a soldier, too
When I grow older you will see me rescue you
I’ll teach you this old song so you can sing along
When I am dead and gone the day won’t be so long.
Mario2000

Post by Mario2000 »

I like Yamamura, but I also liked how Kogoro teased him in an episode:
"Yamamura-Kei...JI!!!" (agent), when he was already keibu (inspector) ;D
kkslider5552000
Community Villain
Enjoys making videos that no one will watch

Post by kkslider5552000 »

I'll be honest, I don't really get the logic of "this character is dumb!" as a bad thing. That's always part of the fun for me, unless it's done poorly
Let's Play Bioshock Infinite: https://forums.dctp.ws/viewtopic.php?f= ... 94#p879594

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Wii U ID: SliderGamer55
Van Keiji

Post by Van Keiji »

I guess dumb really was not what I meant. Kogoro is pretty close-minded which implies a sort of idiocy. This part of him annoys me since every so often he allows himself to open his mind to more than just the first thing that appeared in his head. That's what I meant. I was typing so fast before that it skipped my mind as just dumb. I put in another post what my full thoughts on Kogoro are.

Yamamura Keiji irritates me because he is a repeat of unnecessary means. I think the only time he was useful was his first appearance
Spoiler:
since Yuukiko was being stubborn, if she just went with Shinichi, Yamamura would not have to become a sleeping police officer
"Courage is a word that gives you the strength to do what's right, you should not use it as an excuse to murder someone." -Mouri Ran

"A thief is a creative artist who takes his prey in style... But a detective is nothing more than a critic, who follows our footsteps..." - Kaito Kid 1412

"A trick is nothing but a puzzle mankind came up with. If you use your head, you can uncover the logical answer." "I don't know why you would kill someone but as for saving someone... a logical mind isn't needed, right?" - Kudou Shinichi
kkslider5552000
Community Villain
Enjoys making videos that no one will watch

Post by kkslider5552000 »

I get that, but I don't tend to let that get in the way because it entertains me. Kogoro is a moron in genuinely funny ways frequently, and I love morons that somehow get power and arrogance, so I like Yamamura. I mean, I understand that characters never developing much can be annoying, but this series doesn't do traditional character arcs usually anyway so I feel it works.

That being said, Kogoro can be occasionally frustrating by episode 750+. You can only pull the same jokes and tricks so many times. :p
Let's Play Bioshock Infinite: https://forums.dctp.ws/viewtopic.php?f= ... 94#p879594

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Wii U ID: SliderGamer55
Van Keiji

Post by Van Keiji »

Well, I will give Kogoro credit for that case in episode 260: The Shaking Restaurant. He bumped his head so hard he started thinking things through correctly,
Spoiler:
even if he wound up solving the wrong trick. Still better than usual

theyoungin

Post by theyoungin »

hate:
genta : annoying and stupid
ayumi : annoying and stupid
sonoko: annoying and stupid
ran : violent and stupid

love:
ai : smart and cool
conan : smart and cool
shuu : smart and cool