who's your favourite and least favourite character in detective conan?

Post any Detective Conan news, events, questions, and the like about the anime, manga, movies, or OVAs that don't belong elsewhere here.
k11chi

Re: who's your favourite and least favourite character in detective conan?

Post by k11chi »

Heiji solos

The DB are as annoying as ever...
derek anthony

Post by derek anthony »

top 3 favorites
1. heiji hattori
2. kaito kid
3. conan/shinichi

hated
1. genta
sherry26

Post by sherry26 »

Top 4 favorite characters:
1. subaru okiya/shuichi akai
2. shiho miyano/ai haibara
3. shinichi kudo
4. masumi sera
least favorite characters:
1.gin
2. ran mouri
3. jodie starling
sometimes I hate vermouth too
Spoiler:
frankguo8
Conan is life

Post by frankguo8 »

I love world of Conan too much so there's not a lot that I truly dislike or hate.

favorite: Conan, Ai, Gin, Akai (Subaru), Heiji, KID, Vermouth, Bourbon (Amuro), Takagi, Sato, Makoto, Kansuke

so many :P
kkuuddoo

Post by kkuuddoo »

I love them all
most would be :
Shinichi and Ran,
Haibara ( shiho ) and Gin , Akemi, Miyano parents, Elena mostly
Vermouth, and Akai, jodie, bourbon
Hot side characters that always appear, ( good looking to be honest ) women and men, [ because I am an artist and I like what I see to learn better drawing of cute and handsome or beautiful people)

The only one I hate :
Gents that fat annoying Stubborn eel eater kid,
and
The lovey dovey conan is mine, I don't see other then him, Ayumi
GIN X SHIHO <3<3<3
VERMOUTH IS SEXY AS HELL !!

Elena Miyano and Atsushi ..... APTX 4869 & Silver Bullet
Nemomon
This is my melody and it's just the raver's fantasy

Post by Nemomon »

For me Sonoko may die somewhere in the sewer, and I won't care. Ran also might go and die in the sewers along with Sonoko (after all they rarely are separated). Won't mind if Kazuha would join that meeting. If something bad would happen to Genta, the World would be free of one stupid child, so no matter of from which side one would look at it, the World (and its people) would only benefit from this.

Who I like? Ai-chan. I wish her a lot of great and many possibilities to torment Conan and hakase. She deserves at least that. The love-hate triangle Yamato-Koumei is also among my favorites. They're so funny that they together as well could stop being policemen and become comedians! Hattori and Sera are funny at times too, and I would be sad if something bad would happen to Mitsuhiko.
My dad’s a soldier blue I’ll be a soldier, too
When I grow older you will see me rescue you
I’ll teach you this old song so you can sing along
When I am dead and gone the day won’t be so long.
Mario2000

Post by Mario2000 »

Nemomon wrote:For me Sonoko may die somewhere in the sewer, and I won't care. Ran also might go and die in the sewers along with Sonoko (after all they rarely are separated). Won't mind if Kazuha would join that meeting. If something bad would happen to Genta, the World would be free of one stupid child, so no matter of from which side one would look at it, the World (and its people) would only benefit from this.
Completely disagree, I think only Sonoko is annoying among the characters you listed. But even for her, wishing death is too much, imho.
kkslider5552000
Community Villain
Enjoys making videos that no one will watch

Post by kkslider5552000 »

Sonoko is honestly one of the best written characters in the series, totally serious.
Let's Play Bioshock Infinite: https://forums.dctp.ws/viewtopic.php?f= ... 94#p879594

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Wii U ID: SliderGamer55
rocketpropelledbear
Freedom is what you do with what's been done to you

Post by rocketpropelledbear »

kkslider5552000 wrote:Sonoko is honestly one of the best written characters in the series, totally serious.
I am curious how you arrive at your conclusion
The Science of Deduction-'Sherlock Scan' on Sera and more
Spoiler: This is Detective Conan's ending
Mizuumi wrote:Image

Kogoro: "My Gosh.. I killed Conan"
Spoiler: my favourite scene that is not in the anime
kkslider5552000
Community Villain
Enjoys making videos that no one will watch

Post by kkslider5552000 »

rocketpropelledbear wrote:
kkslider5552000 wrote:Sonoko is honestly one of the best written characters in the series, totally serious.
I am curious how you arrive at your conclusion
This mostly comes from personal experience and bias related to that I guess? But, I did know girls from high school that were very much like Sonoko. At first they just come across as some spoiled, boy-obsessed, shallow idiot, but every time I got to actually know one of them that at all fit that mold, they came across to me as very sincere and kind and cool people. And I feel like I had the exact same change of opinion with Sonoko. Obviously Sonoko is not the first character to fit this mold, but she comes across as more genuine than most attempts I've seen. Particularly in that she's also unexpectedly goofy and silly in a very endearing way, which also fit actual people I knew that were like this. While there are plenty of great characters in this series, I feel like Sonoko is one of the only ones that feels more like a real person instead of Gosho needing a character to act a certain way or do a certain thing because he likes certain stories and tropes. At least out of the characters that have a distinct personality.

Furthermore, Sonoko is frequently around for comedy, and I feel the character and the voice acting do fantastic work with that. The series knows her obsession with Kid and Mokoto is a bit over-the-top and silly and it has fun with that.

also she gave us this so i win
Let's Play Bioshock Infinite: https://forums.dctp.ws/viewtopic.php?f= ... 94#p879594

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Wii U ID: SliderGamer55
Nemomon
This is my melody and it's just the raver's fantasy

Post by Nemomon »

The only moments with Sonoko I like are the moments when she tries to be malicious to Conan. For example in the MC case in hotel when Sonoko, Ran and Sera talked about which girl Conan likes, and she said that this time Conan has luck (luck that he was able to avoid answering that question). Quite funny reaction of her. Sixteen years old girl is jealous about six years old child... xD
My dad’s a soldier blue I’ll be a soldier, too
When I grow older you will see me rescue you
I’ll teach you this old song so you can sing along
When I am dead and gone the day won’t be so long.
David mason

Post by David mason »

I don't get the hate for gin. He's probably up there with the most badass villains in any anime/manga in general
no pain no gain
red.orchid

Post by red.orchid »

I like most of the main characters, it's rather hard to name them all. However right off the top of my head I'd say Ran-chan, Conan/Shinichi, Kogorou <3, Eri <3, Akai, Amuro, Sera (I love the optimistic, happy spirit she has). Heji's Mom, Shizuka, is also very cool.

I don't particularly -hate- anybody in the series, I don't think. I would hate Gin, but he's probably the most evil, perfect homicidal maniac/psychopath whom we desperately need in the series, considering, so I like the character as it is. I also found certain characters a little bit annoying sometimes, but I understand that they behaved the way they did because they served some purposes Gosho wanted them to portray, either for comical or dramatic effects, if you know what I mean. I know it's not typical, but I find Kaitou Kid's appearances in Conan way overrated, and needless to say, I always want Conan to win (which would probably never happen).

Overall, most characters are quite funny and I like the way they are. Would appreciate it more if Ran's role were accentuated though.
Secret Santa 2015
Spoiler:
Secret Santa 2016
Spoiler:
Mario2000

Post by Mario2000 »

red.orchid wrote:I find Kaitou Kid's appearances in Conan way overrated, and needless to say, I always want Conan to win (which would probably never happen).
I agree, the fact the Kid cases always end in the same way is annoying. Kid's "invincibility" makes him too full of himself.
red.orchid wrote:Would appreciate it more if Ran's role were accentuated though.
Also agree about this especially.
rocketpropelledbear
Freedom is what you do with what's been done to you

Post by rocketpropelledbear »

Mario2000 wrote:
red.orchid wrote:I find Kaitou Kid's appearances in Conan way overrated, and needless to say, I always want Conan to win (which would probably never happen).
I agree, the fact the Kid cases always end in the same way is annoying. Kid's "invincibility" makes him too full of himself.
red.orchid wrote:Would appreciate it more if Ran's role were accentuated though.
Also agree about this especially.
I rather Kid stay "invincible" or Conan will become the one who is really invincible. Detectives are like critics to the magic show esqe heist, sure they can foil the thief's plans but handcuffing them to jail is another story. Kid can easily escape any handcuff if he is a crazy good magician, the only way to handcuff him to jail is to incapitate him such as knocking him out or arrest him through uncovering his civilian identity but I am sure the detectives will do neither because they want to play 'fair game'. To be frank in a fair gane a detective is never going to 100% beat the phantom thief(i.e. handcuff him to jail)

As for accentuating Ran's role I think that may be a bit difficult primarily because she is kept out of the loop of the main plot. Two ways I can think of to accentuate her role
1)More ShinRan focused stories (no thanks I would rather have plot revelent cases)
2)Yet another Ran suspicion arc (if done well this can be interesting)
Similarly Ai is gradually losing her role in the main plot primarily because she is increasingly kept out of the loop of Conan's plans just like Ran(Who is not even aware of it), plus with Sherry presumed dead her revelence in actively fighting against the BO is also reduced greatly. Now Conan's counter-BO team consists of his parents, him and that Subaru guy while Ai is reduced to being DB's babysitter. If this worsens Ai will become just like Ran who has minimal involvement in the main plot of BO-fighting. I guess things like this are inevitable when a series get stretched out like this, in the end the author has to inject new characters like Sera to prevent the twenty-year old money-making formula from growing stale(which admittedly is working on me)
The Science of Deduction-'Sherlock Scan' on Sera and more
Spoiler: This is Detective Conan's ending
Mizuumi wrote:Image

Kogoro: "My Gosh.. I killed Conan"
Spoiler: my favourite scene that is not in the anime