who's your favourite and least favourite character in detective conan?

Post any Detective Conan news, events, questions, and the like about the anime, manga, movies, or OVAs that don't belong elsewhere here.
VeneziaPaier
Posts: 7

Re: who's your favourite and least favourite character in detective conan?

Postby VeneziaPaier » March 9th, 2015, 5:56 pm

Hello! I have been DC fan from a lot of years! I'm new in the forum but I want to let me know.

My favourite character is Haibara, i always liked watching DC on Television, but i have never beem really interested in the seria until Haibara appears. After she appears, i satarted following the serie in internet. She is really mysterious and interesant and can bring us such funny moments. And for me, the biggest mistery in this serie and that i can't reach to solve, is what are really Haibara feelings? Is she in love or is not? And could be Conan interested in she? that's really a mistery that makes me think how can love be so complicated.

Also another great character for me is Conan, i really love if all the boys in this world were at least as intelligent as him!

The characters I really don't like are Ran and Sonoko. I really don't like this kind of girls, with an easy lives and always happy.
mi.chan
User avatar
Posts: 47

Re: who's your favourite and least favourite character in detective conan?

Postby mi.chan » July 22nd, 2015, 1:39 pm

1 haibara
2 conan
3 Akai
Last edited by mi.chan on August 23rd, 2015, 4:29 am, edited 2 times in total.
~A~re~re!!


michan4869.tumblr.com
kkslider5552000
Community Villain
User avatar

Dogcopter 8: The World Dog Only Knows

Posts: 7576

Contact:

Re: who's your favourite and least favourite character in detective conan?

Postby kkslider5552000 » July 22nd, 2015, 6:54 pm

kkslider5552000 wrote:Favorite:
-Haibara
-Kogoro
-Gin
-Okiya
-Sonoko

Least favorite:
-Genta
-Sonoko's uncle
-post-2008 Ran


Honestly while most of this is still true.

1. There's still hope for a return of Ran being a decently written character
2. This needs more Chiba Love Story on the hate list
3. Genta in the early days is alright but second half of the series, Genta is the worst character, possibly by a country mile. 2 dimensional "comedy" character is a description that deserves to be with way better characters than Genta.
Bioshock is considered a masterpiece. Let me attempt to showcase why : viewtopic.php?f=10&t=13252

Image

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Wii U ID: SliderGamer55
Mario2000
User avatar
Posts: 149

Re: who's your favourite and least favourite character in detective conan?

Postby Mario2000 » July 22nd, 2015, 8:40 pm

kkslider5552000 wrote:2. This needs more Chiba Love Story on the hate list

I disagree as strongly as it's possible. While not being anything special, I think the story is cute enough and surely not revolting or deserving hatred. I want it to have a happy ending, not just being abandoned like Agasa and Fusae's story (which I too wanted to be explored more and end in a non-sad way).
Nemomon
User avatar

This is my melody and it's just the raver's fantasy

Posts: 1018

Re: who's your favourite and least favourite character in detective conan?

Postby Nemomon » July 22nd, 2015, 8:47 pm

My love/hate list have not changed at all. I still hate Ran, Sonoko and Genta, and love Haibara, Komei and Mitsu.

I don't mind others, also I don't mind Chiba and his love stories. Chiba at times is funny too, so why not. He deserves some love too.
My dad’s a soldier blue I’ll be a soldier, too
When I grow older you will see me rescue you
I’ll teach you this old song so you can sing along
When I am dead and gone the day won’t be so long.
Mario2000
User avatar
Posts: 149

Re: who's your favourite and least favourite character in detective conan?

Postby Mario2000 » July 22nd, 2015, 8:50 pm

Nemomon wrote:My love/hate list have not changed at all. I still hate Ran, Sonoko and Genta, and love Haibara, Komei and Mitsu.

I don't mind others, also I don't mind Chiba and his love stories. Chiba at times is funny too, so why not. He deserves some love too.

While disagreeing about Ran and Genta, it's good there is somebody who isn't against the Chiba x Naeko story.

But you didn't like Ran since the very beginning or is it because of the late bad use of the character?
Nemomon
User avatar

This is my melody and it's just the raver's fantasy

Posts: 1018

Re: who's your favourite and least favourite character in detective conan?

Postby Nemomon » July 22nd, 2015, 9:37 pm

Mario2000 wrote:
Nemomon wrote:My love/hate list have not changed at all. I still hate Ran, Sonoko and Genta, and love Haibara, Komei and Mitsu.

I don't mind others, also I don't mind Chiba and his love stories. Chiba at times is funny too, so why not. He deserves some love too.

While disagreeing about Ran and Genta, it's good there is somebody who isn't against the Chiba x Naeko story.

But you didn't like Ran since the very beginning or is it because of the late bad use of the character?


I just don't like characters that make a nuisance of themselves. Either intentionally or unintentionally. Ran is like that - she's often mad for no reasons, she screams for no reason, and generally thinks that Shinichi is her pet and must explain himself of every 5 minutes of his absence. She's quite moody and often innocent people (like Kogorou) are hurt because she can't keep her own problems within herself.

Though, the Opening and Endings aren't trying to show her in a better light. Look at the current ending ("Kimi e no Uso" by VALSHE) - Conan tries to tell her something, and what she did? She closed her ears trying to not to hear what Conan has to say. Is this a right behaviour of almost adult woman? However I must say that I love the painful expression of Shinichi's face.
My dad’s a soldier blue I’ll be a soldier, too
When I grow older you will see me rescue you
I’ll teach you this old song so you can sing along
When I am dead and gone the day won’t be so long.
Mario2000
User avatar
Posts: 149

Re: who's your favourite and least favourite character in detective conan?

Postby Mario2000 » July 22nd, 2015, 9:47 pm

Nemomon wrote:generally thinks that Shinichi is her pet and must explain himself of every 5 minutes of his absence.

But it's not every 5 minutes, really, not even every day, some "love" or "friendship" would it have been if she didn't worry about Shinichi at all. It's natural that after a considerable time she starts worrying

Nemomon wrote:She's quite moody and often innocent people (like Kogorou) are hurt because she can't keep her own problems within herself.

I don't remember such moments pertaining to Kogoro, but he isn't really "innocent" in his womanizing ways, so if Ran gives him problems in this, I can only be happy. I despise womanizers and their claims to "freedom". Or better. not them as people (Kogoro is in fact quite funny and often likeable), just their actions.
Nemomon
User avatar

This is my melody and it's just the raver's fantasy

Posts: 1018

Re: who's your favourite and least favourite character in detective conan?

Postby Nemomon » July 22nd, 2015, 10:19 pm

Mario2000 wrote:But it's not every 5 minutes, really, not even every day, some "love" or "friendship" would it have been if she didn't worry about Shinichi at all. It's natural that after a considerable time she starts worrying


Yes, it is natural that she's worrying, but she's overreacting this. Especially when she talks with Shinichi. Not always of course, but since Shinichi told her that he's working on a very hard case, so hard that his involvement in the other cases she and Conan help to solve must be hidden, then she really should take a note of this. Should understand that he not always may call or not always may pick up the phone. And for sure she should know that she should not call him at any time during a day or night she wishes. He's investigating a case, he might be lurking in a den of bandits waiting for something to happen, and suddenly Ran calls him because she had a whim or a problem she cannot solve herself and MUST ask Shinichi NOW. And she then is mad that he cannot talk with her... She doesn't even think that her random calling might cause Shinichi to unveil his cover, and eventually kill him.

She's very immature considering her age.

Mario2000 wrote:I don't remember such moments pertaining to Kogoro, but he isn't really "innocent" in his womanizing ways, so if Ran gives him problems in this, I can only be happy. I despise womanizers and their claims to "freedom". Or better. not them as people (Kogoro is in fact quite funny and often likeable), just their actions.


I disagree.

First, Kogorou is a single. It is none of Ran's business what Kogorou wants to do with his life and with who he wants to sleep.

Second, Ran is his daughter, and so she should behave like one. She of course might tell Kogorou that she doesn't like this woman or that woman, but she's old enough to understand that since the mariage with Eri is done now, Kogorou might want to look for a new significant other. Kogorou is still quite young, so it is not surprising that he wants another woman. In fact, he should have found one a long time ago.

Third. I understand that Ran wants Kogorou and Eri to become a couple again, but sorry Winnetou the reality is different. They hardly can speak with each other now, Eri also tries her best to find every single mistake of Kogorou to attack him (instead of closing an eye for small mistakes just to try to be together again, especially that she knows that he makes mistakes unintentionally), so it really will be better if each of them will find someone else to marry and create family. The word will not end if Kogorou will marry someone, and Eri also will marry someone. This again shows how immature despite her age she is.
My dad’s a soldier blue I’ll be a soldier, too
When I grow older you will see me rescue you
I’ll teach you this old song so you can sing along
When I am dead and gone the day won’t be so long.
Mario2000
User avatar
Posts: 149

Re: who's your favourite and least favourite character in detective conan?

Postby Mario2000 » July 22nd, 2015, 10:27 pm

Nemomon wrote:I disagree.

First, Kogorou is a single. It is none of Ran's business what Kogorou wants to do with his life and with who he wants to sleep.

Second, Ran is his daughter, and so she should behave like one. She of course might tell Kogorou that she doesn't like this woman or that woman, but she's old enough to understand that since the mariage with Eri is done now, Kogorou might want to look for a new significant other. Kogorou is still quite young, so it is not surprising that he wants another woman. In fact, he should have found one a long time ago.

Third. I understand that Ran wants Kogorou and Eri to become a couple again, but sorry Winnetou the reality is different. They hardly can speak with each other now, Eri also tries her best to find every single mistake of Kogorou to attack him (instead of closing an eye for small mistakes just to try to be together again, especially that she knows that he makes mistakes unintentionally), so it really will be better if each of them will find someone else to marry and create family. The word will not end if Kogorou will marry someone, and Eri also will marry someone. This again shows how immature despite her age she is.


I don't think so. If I was in her place, I would have either done everything in my power to create problems to Kogoro in dating women, or (more probably) would have simply renounced to him as a father and severed all ties with him. I don't care how/if immature it would look, but it would be "it's either me or your women, make a choice!".

I would rather hang myself than live in a divorced family, and I swear on everything I've got I am not joking.

Forcibly putting together Eri and Kogoro would make less sense in real life, but I hope Gosho will work it out (without having them marry other people), he is the author after all. In the cartoon, I still hope for the better. Screw realism, there is already too much sadness in real life, I hope for a happily-ever-after at least in fiction.


And, again, let's imagine I am in Ran's situation: if 2 people decide to have me, I am born, and then they suddenly decide they aren’t happy together anymore, divorce, get together with others and I have to watch this like a passive discarded piece of trash? Sorry, won’t happen. Nobody forced them to have me, they could well have used protection during intimate relationship. Then I wouldn’t have existed, and everything would be fine for them. But if they made a mistake of making a child while still keeping for themselves the possibility to tear the family apart, that’s just more “rights” and “freedom” than they deserve. If I exist and am destined to an unhappy life (like living with my parents divorced), I will at least arrange things in such a way they won’t think life is all sugar and honey and will regret having me.
Thankfully, I am not in this situation in real life, but if I were in Ran’s situation, I would be far less tolerant that her. With egoists, I act extremely egoistic.
Last edited by Mario2000 on July 22nd, 2015, 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nemomon
User avatar

This is my melody and it's just the raver's fantasy

Posts: 1018

Re: who's your favourite and least favourite character in detective conan?

Postby Nemomon » July 22nd, 2015, 10:46 pm

I wouldn't want my child to force me to choose between them or starting a new fresh life. If they after all would force me to choose, I would be really sad. Really sad that I raised so ungrateful people. And I probably would choose a new fresh life. If my children would despise me that I want to lead a new happy life, then so it be. It is their fault that they don't want to accept that I also want something from my life, especially now that I raised my children, and don't have any obligations anymore. Not mine.
My dad’s a soldier blue I’ll be a soldier, too
When I grow older you will see me rescue you
I’ll teach you this old song so you can sing along
When I am dead and gone the day won’t be so long.
Mario2000
User avatar
Posts: 149

Re: who's your favourite and least favourite character in detective conan?

Postby Mario2000 » July 22nd, 2015, 10:49 pm

Nemomon wrote:I wouldn't want my child to force me to choose between them or starting a new fresh life. If they after all would force me to choose, I would be really sad. Really sad that I raised so ungrateful people. And I probably would choose a new fresh life. If my children would despise me that I want to lead a new happy life, then so it be. It is their fault that they don't want to accept that I also want something from my life, especially now that I raised my children, and don't have any obligations anymore. Not mine.

That's fine with me. I would simply not want a parent who reasons like that, I don't see why would such "freedom"-loving people want children at all.
But again, fortunately I am not in such a situation in real life and many fans hope Gosho would reunite Ran's family again.
kkslider5552000
Community Villain
User avatar

Dogcopter 8: The World Dog Only Knows

Posts: 7576

Contact:

Re: who's your favourite and least favourite character in detective conan?

Postby kkslider5552000 » July 22nd, 2015, 10:57 pm

Mario2000 wrote:I would rather hang myself than live in a divorced family, and I swear on everything I've got I am not joking.

Well this thread went off the hyping rails
Bioshock is considered a masterpiece. Let me attempt to showcase why : viewtopic.php?f=10&t=13252

Image

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Wii U ID: SliderGamer55
Mario2000
User avatar
Posts: 149

Re: who's your favourite and least favourite character in detective conan?

Postby Mario2000 » July 22nd, 2015, 10:59 pm

kkslider5552000 wrote:
Mario2000 wrote:I would rather hang myself than live in a divorced family, and I swear on everything I've got I am not joking.

Well this thread went off the hyping rails

Why? It's not like I threatened you or anyone. Whatever I would have done with my life is my own business, by Nemomon's own reasoning ;)
Nemomon
User avatar

This is my melody and it's just the raver's fantasy

Posts: 1018

Re: who's your favourite and least favourite character in detective conan?

Postby Nemomon » July 22nd, 2015, 11:09 pm

I'm not against Eri and Kogorou reuniting. If somehow they both will manage to get over some small obstacles, then why not?

However until this happens, Kogorou is single and can date any woman he wants, and like I said it is none of Ran's business. This is a yet another reason why I don't like her - she even isn't in a formal relationship with Shinichi, but she keeps calling him or asks for explanations as if she were his wife. She really should start to look at men a little bit differently... Same for Kogorou, he isn't even in a formal relationship with Eri anymore, so is there a single reason why shouldn't he date other women? I don't think so...

Anyway, I should stop now, or Kor again will be mad =P.
My dad’s a soldier blue I’ll be a soldier, too
When I grow older you will see me rescue you
I’ll teach you this old song so you can sing along
When I am dead and gone the day won’t be so long.

Return to “General Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests