Gosho Q&A from Super Digest Book 50+ (Translation by Zenthisoror)

Post any Detective Conan news, events, questions, and the like about the anime, manga, movies, or OVAs that don't belong elsewhere here.
The_evilbit

Re: Gosho Q&A from Super Digest Book 50+ (Translation by Zenthisoror)

Postby The_evilbit » April 24th, 2014, 10:55 pm

Jd- wrote:Q 61: Please write more about Chiba and Miike Naeko's Metropolitan Police Love Story! (Zen says, please no!)
A: There might be a pretty big love story ...

Oh thank goodness. This is just what this series has been missing! I was just telling myself yesterday what we need is more Chiba and Miike Naeko's Metropolitan Police Love Story! Forget BO and any other main character or plot development, those are not important. In fact I hope file 900 goes right into this riveting tale of romance and suspense.

Ok I'll stop. I'll Stop... :D
Black Demon

Postby Black Demon » April 24th, 2014, 10:56 pm

Thank you so much for the translation!

Q 11: Is there going to be any sort of twist or revelation that not a single reader has predicted?
A: Oh yes!

Hm, intriguing....

Q 65: Gin sometimes says, 'It's a direct order from That Person', but is there anybody in the organisation aside from That Person who can give direct orders to Gin?
A: There might be!(?)

Interesting. I always wonder if there is actually someone with higher authority than Gin but lower than the boss. I wouldn't be surprised if Gosho introduced a character that acts as a "counselor" of some sort for the boss. But since he said "might be"... :-\

Q 61: Please write more about Chiba and Miike Naeko's Metropolitan Police Love Story! (Zen says, please no!)

Unfortunately, IIRC, this is not the first time that Gosho mentioned planning a major love story for them...

Q 95: Hondou Eisuke's going to reappear one day, isn't he?
A: Probably?

No... Just, no.
Wakarimashita

Postby Wakarimashita » April 24th, 2014, 11:04 pm

The_evilbit wrote:
Jd- wrote:Q 61: Please write more about Chiba and Miike Naeko's Metropolitan Police Love Story! (Zen says, please no!)

Oh thank goodness. This is just what this series has been missing! I was just telling myself yesterday what we need is more Chiba and Miike Naeko's Metropolitan Police Love Story! Forget BO and any other main character or plot development, those are not important. In fact I hope file 900 goes right into this riveting tale of romance and suspense.

Ok I'll stop. I'll Stop... :D

;D ;D
"I wonder if there really is a God...
If such an entity really existed, wouldn't all honest, hard-working people be happy?"

char13happy

Postby char13happy » April 25th, 2014, 12:41 pm

Q 66: You will reveal to us all of Haibara's past, won't you?
A: Whaaaat? Up to what point?

Here I was hoping he'd explain more about Gin and Sherry's past and then he answers us with this. Aoyoma-sensei, please say that you were joking around here.
Incomplete-tantei

"No Pain, No Gain."

Postby Incomplete-tantei » April 26th, 2014, 6:24 am

Jd- wrote:Q 58: Does Okiya Subaru do some kind of martial art? Please tell us!
A: I don't really know, but he's about three times stronger than the average guy.

This is actually like this "I don't really know, but I can say he's Akai." xD

By the way, thanks for the translation, Zenthisoror!
Memesu

I won't be bestowing my favour, so no miracle will occur

Postby Memesu » April 26th, 2014, 10:09 am

Black Demon wrote:

Q 61: Please write more about Chiba and Miike Naeko's Metropolitan Police Love Story! (Zen says, please no!)

Unfortunately, IIRC, this is not the first time that Gosho mentioned planning a major love story for them...

What .__.
Choose
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13456

Secret santa gift from PT <3
The executioner
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_UHO60tkdg&t=332s
"It's me, Chara."
soul_dreamer

Postby soul_dreamer » April 26th, 2014, 12:10 pm

11: Is there going to be any sort of twist or revelation that not a single reader has predicted?
A: Oh yes!
Q

Looking forward to see it. I'm guessing, it might be something to do with the boss' identity or maybe BO's goal.

Q 39: I always thought that Eri had something to do with the Black Organisation. What do you think?
A: Nooo, I don't think so.

I also don't think she has/had anything to do with BO, though it would be pretty big plot twist, if she did

Q 60: Can you make Ran into a character who can make deductions? Also, can you get her involved with the Black Organisation mystery? It's a bit sad she's always on the case sidelines...
A: Well, the BO's dangerous, isn't it? But she's always with Conan, so she might get involved, you never know.

I would loved her to see be involved in BO mystery, but I hope that she wouldn't end up as damsel in distress.

I don't care about their romance. Instead of that, I would like to see Takagi and Sato wedding.

Q 63: Is 'That Person' a character who's spoken with Conan?
A: I...I can't say...

I'm assuming that the boss could be someone, who talked with Conan, before, It would be great, if that person did.

Q 65: Gin sometimes says, 'It's a direct order from That Person', but is there anybody in the organisation aside from That Person who can give direct orders to Gin?
A: There might be!(?)

If there is, I wonder what kind of person, he or she is.

Q 66: You will reveal to us all of Haibara's past, won't you?
A: Whaaaat? Up to what point?

Come on, there are still things that we don't know about Haibara's past.

Q 70: Will you write for us a case based around Ran's birthday sometime soon?
A: I'd like to.

It would be nice.

Q 90: Why do we never see Miyano Atsushi's face?
A: You might get to see it eventually.

I would like to see his face along with Elena's face and find more about this accident, in which they died.

Q 91: When will Ran find out about Conan's identity? Is there a chance that the whole thing will end without her ever knowing?
A: Hmm... don't we all wonder.

She needs to find out and it would great, if she would find out by herself.

Q 95: Hondou Eisuke's going to reappear one day, isn't he?
A: Probably?

I don't see a reason for him to reappear.

Q 99: What's going to happen to Gin?
A: Yes, what is going to happen to Gin?

I feel that he will die in the end.

Q 100: Is Haibara going to get together with Mitsuhiko?
A: Who knows?

I don't mind them. Of course, I prefer Ai and Conan, but they won't end up together anyway. Ai may not end up with anyone at the end of manga and I will be cool with that too, because I think the great happiness for Ai would be the fact that she wouldn't need to live in fear that Gin or someone else would kill her and people close to her, and instead she will could live a peaceful life surrounded by people, who care about her.

Q 104: There are a lot of couples in this, but at the end of the day, is it all going to be happy endings?
A: It will be, mostly.

Is it means that there would be some couple, who won't be together at the end?
usotsuki

Postby usotsuki » April 27th, 2014, 1:22 am

Ran makes the occasional deduction...in AOs >_>
The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible. Arthur C. Clarke
Kurunouma

Postby Kurunouma » April 27th, 2014, 4:51 am

Gee, I really really love how Aoyama-sensei answers all the question.
::) ::) ::) ::)

Thank you very much for the translation Zen and for sharing it -Jd! ;D
"I heard a voice telling me to live, embracing the loss. It's the curse that we humans must bear."

-Even if I'm away, DCTP will always stay in my heart-

cute gifts from PT
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Silverbullet96

Postby Silverbullet96 » April 28th, 2014, 3:36 pm

CoAi needs to happen big time. Then for me this series would be perfect enough. Btw hardly learned anything new from the interview, another baka interviewer mostly asking for spoilers.
Mario2000

Postby Mario2000 » April 28th, 2014, 6:42 pm

Thanks for the translation!!!

Q 39: I always thought that Eri had something to do with the Black Organisation. What do you think?
A: Nooo, I don't think so.

That's an IMMENSE relief for me. I have been thinking for a long time Eri might be the boss and that would be the end of my dreams of their family getting back together and Ran's happiness.

I wouldn't mind this to be honest. The story is nothing special, but I never got it why does it get so much hatred from most fans. Everybody seems to be taken by Takagi and Sato's story instead, a pairing that doesn't matter to me at all. On the other hand, I am never touched by pairings that don't have common childhood memories to share anyway.
skyechan
Community Hero

"真実はいつも一つ!"

Postby skyechan » May 2nd, 2014, 6:02 am

Q 86: Will Conan do a collaboration anime with any other character other than Lupin?
A: Perhaps in this Autumn's special episode? Perhaps not? (haha)

It just occurred to me that if it's the Disappearance of Conan Edogawa that Aoyama said he liked and if he is in fact hinting at it being a collab, wouldn't it be with Kindaichi? The new Kindaichi series airs just before Conan does right now.
ImageImage
k11chi

Postby k11chi » May 2nd, 2014, 6:14 am

skyechan wrote:
Q 86: Will Conan do a collaboration anime with any other character other than Lupin?

It just occurred to me that if it's the Disappearance of Conan Edogawa that Aoyama said he liked and if he is in fact hinting at it being a collab, wouldn't it be with Kindaichi? The new Kindaichi series airs just before Conan does right now.

Probably not since Kindaichi will only run for 26 episodes.
Jd-
DCTP Staff Member

The Last Dinosaur

Postby Jd- » May 3rd, 2014, 3:27 am

k11chi wrote:
skyechan wrote:

I've been saying so since the interview hit as well. This seems like a really good fit (and excellent cross-promotion for a certain ongoing project).
Detective Doroshi

When you face a fact, always ask you the questions 'why' and 'how'? This will always lead you in the good way.

Postby Detective Doroshi » May 4th, 2014, 8:50 am

It looks like Gosho-san is going at the same pace as us ^^ I found it really cool! This makes DC for me such a reality! :D
Private Detective