Detective Conan Simulcasts by Crunchyroll: Now underway! Official English-subbed episodes!

Post any Detective Conan news, events, questions, and the like about the anime, manga, movies, or OVAs that don't belong elsewhere here.
char13happy

Re: Detective Conan Simulcasts by Crunchyroll: Now underway! Official English-subbed episodes!

Post by char13happy »

The 1080p treatments makes the quality of watching a bit better. And the subs are really good. Let's hope they keep this up til Conan ends. (Which is a bit of a stretch but I'm still hoping.)
KaitoHedgehog

Re: Detective Conan Simulcasts by Crunchyroll: Now underway! Official English-subbed episodes!

Post by KaitoHedgehog »

Since they release the subbed episodes 10 days after they air, I believe that they'll be able to deliver the episodes 3 days (max.) after they air because of the Air Break the anime's getting at November 15. Hopefully, anyway. :P
Wakarimashita

Post by Wakarimashita »

Crunchyroll will be discovering the joys of Conan fillers...And what a way to start with this particularly shitty case.
"I wonder if there really is a God...
If such an entity really existed, wouldn't all honest, hard-working people be happy?"

usotsuki

Post by usotsuki »

Yeah, I'd like to blast that Dodompa freak with a dodompa courtesy of Tao-paipai from Dragon Ball.
The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible. Arthur C. Clarke
Wakarimashita

Post by Wakarimashita »

Having him face Gin would do... ;)
"I wonder if there really is a God...
If such an entity really existed, wouldn't all honest, hard-working people be happy?"

Kor
Administrator

Post by Kor »

Surely CR could have picked a better thumbnail :-X
Jecka
I'm only tired 25/8, don't mind me

Post by Jecka »

I kinda don't like that they translated Ojisan to "Mister". It's probably just because I'm used to most subs saying "Uncle". :x
3DS FC: 1435-4098-2557
Spoiler: Yay Nini! \o/
Usa-chan Man wrote: I am a rabbit, but at the same time, I am not.
Jecka: Those damn beavers
*Jecka sobs
Slider: Those DAM beavers? :V
Jecka: Slider no
Puto

Post by Puto »

It's not WRONG, just different from what we're all used to.
Jecka
I'm only tired 25/8, don't mind me

Post by Jecka »

Puto wrote:It's not WRONG, just different from what we're all used to.
I never said it was wrong, just that it's really different :x
3DS FC: 1435-4098-2557
Spoiler: Yay Nini! \o/
Usa-chan Man wrote: I am a rabbit, but at the same time, I am not.
Jecka: Those damn beavers
*Jecka sobs
Slider: Those DAM beavers? :V
Jecka: Slider no
usotsuki

Post by usotsuki »

I've got subs that use "Pops" for otchan, while I myself use "the old man" or "the old guy".

Can't remember if they use "Pops" for oji-san or something else (there's a couple people here who know the subs I mean), I use "Uncle" there pretty much as the other fansubbers do.

This stuff gets a bit tricky.
The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible. Arthur C. Clarke
kkslider5552000
Community Villain
Enjoys making videos that no one will watch

Post by kkslider5552000 »

That honestly just sounds like master doesn't really work much for a translation context. It's either irrelevant or just needlessly confusing to the audience who is reading the subs.

If I saw that I would ask so many questions, regardless of whether this was my first or 1 millionth experience with the series.
Let's Play Bioshock Infinite: https://forums.dctp.ws/viewtopic.php?f= ... 94#p879594

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Wii U ID: SliderGamer55
Puto

Post by Puto »

Mister (as in Mr.), not master.