Detective Conan Simulcasts by Crunchyroll: Now underway! Official English-subbed episodes!

Post any Detective Conan news, events, questions, and the like about the anime, manga, movies, or OVAs that don't belong elsewhere here.
HattoriHeiji

Re: Detective Conan Simulcasts by Crunchyroll: The latest episodes English-subbed as they air in Japan!

Post by HattoriHeiji »

Jd- wrote:A quick update on their site mentioning Case Closed clarifies they will only be streaming the latest, simulcasted episodes--at least, at the onset. If this is a runaway success, they may expand into the backlog (keep in mind they haven't indicated anything to this effect yet).

That same post reproduces the TMS synopsis of the series with the Japanese names intact, which could mean nothing or it could be further indication they are not going to change the names. I highly suspect they won't, not only due to the logistical nightmare that would entail going forward, but because FUNi's subtitles also weren't forced to use the dub names. Overall, changing the names is just unnecessary, so don't expect them to do so. Crunchyroll apparently hasn't used dub names in any other series, either. I'd proceed under the assumption the names are coming along for the ride.

For anyone glancing in: Still no confirmation on when the simulcasts will begin, nor which episode count they will use. My assumption is they will use the Japanese episode numbers, but we'll have to wait and see.
Well, It's been a long, LONG time coming. My prayers have been answered. Thanks BIG TIME for the news! :)
"Humans are suspicious and jealous creatures. When they see something perfect, they wanna find a flaw."-Hattori Heiji
yamiangie

Re: Detective Conan getting simulcast

Post by yamiangie »

Jd- wrote:
yamiangie wrote:
alicetama wrote:I… really… I must say, I almost screamed when I saw this. will offer more thoughts later.
I was at the panel I think I screamed like a boy band was on stage for everyone when this came up out of the blue.
Oh, wow. That's great to hear. Were any other details mentioned?

It was more of a we got it announcement so the deal has to have been just confirmed before they hopped the plane to New York. It only said fall.
redangelran
inlove with a mystery geek || is stalking someone

Re: Detective Conan Simulcasts by Crunchyroll: The latest episodes English-subbed as they air in Japan!

Post by redangelran »

I'm so glad this happened~ I hope this will bring back the fans from US and Canada~ :D
"I don't mind waiting for people. Because the longer you wait, when you do meet, you'll be more happy."
-Mouri Ran

"Is a reason necessary? I don't know why you would kill someone but as for saving someone-- a logical mind isn't needed, right?"
-Kudo Shinichi

My Twitter||My MAL
-super stupid case fanatic, i'm waiting for you ♥-
Commi-Ninja

Post by Commi-Ninja »

Now we just have to find a way to make Viz translate the manga faster...
3DS FC: 4699-5851-2068
I might wake up early and go running. I also might wake up and win the lottery. The odds are about the same.
Kudo Shinchi
No comment......

Post by Kudo Shinchi »

This is a dream come true.

It's been a few days, but it's still difficult to believe this is happening.
Kor
Administrator

Post by Kor »

Not that it matters too much, but I wonder what CR will do whenever there's a remastered episode.
Jd-
DCTP Staff Member

Post by Jd- »

Kor wrote:Not that it matters too much, but I wonder what CR will do whenever there's a remastered episode.
Highly likely they'll skip over those and anything else that's not a by-the-numbers episode (like another "Black Org History" special or whatnot).
Puto

Post by Puto »

The page is now up, though they still don't have any episodes up. It's a-comin'!
Kurunouma

Post by Kurunouma »

"Sorry, due to licensing limitations, videos are unavailable in your region." :| :|

So yeah, good news for you guys and made me realized I'll stick with the manga instead. :-X :'(
"I heard a voice telling me to live, embracing the loss. It's the curse that we humans must bear."

-Even if I'm away, DCTP will always stay in my heart-

cute gifts from PT
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Puto

Post by Puto »

There's so many ways to region-dodge their site it's hilarious.
Jecka
I'm only tired 25/8, don't mind me

Post by Jecka »

I wonder if that means they're starting this week. But it's a part 2, right? So that wouldn't make much sense :x
3DS FC: 1435-4098-2557
Spoiler: Yay Nini! \o/
Usa-chan Man wrote: I am a rabbit, but at the same time, I am not.
Jecka: Those damn beavers
*Jecka sobs
Slider: Those DAM beavers? :V
Jecka: Slider no
shineek

Post by shineek »

Yep thats the end of the world Nostradamus foretold , CR is doing Detective Conan , cant be really happy as theyre subbing skills are ... cant say it would be full of really bad words , ive watched some anime from them and they where awful . Japanese is a difficult language and they only do a basic translation not getting into the story just for the speedsubbing thingie . They failed all shows in last 2 seasons ive checked , making bad translations , and making up lines that where totally different from what the characters actually said (quick example SAO II) .
Also EU is blocked by them and doing all that proxy stuff to outrun their stupid protections its stupid in itself .
KaitoHedgehog

Post by KaitoHedgehog »

I guess the next episode will get a sub by Crunchyroll. Most likely, anyway...