Who do you want to find out Conan's secret identity next?

Post any Detective Conan news, events, questions, and the like about the anime, manga, movies, or OVAs that don't belong elsewhere here.
Nemomon

This is my melody and it's just the raver's fantasy

Re: Who do you want to find out Conan's secret identity next?

Postby Nemomon » November 20th, 2015, 10:16 am

About Amuro, I think he might be staying at the Poirot, because he after all still wants to investigate Conan. But not necessarily as a BO agent (considering that his discussion with Vermouth about for-sure dead Akai closed any possibilities for further investigation), but rather as a secret police member. Since he knows that Conan knows who he really is, then there is no reason for him to blackmail him (unless he would want to get some info about where Akai is (considering that Conan delivered to Akai the "Zero no niichan" thing, so he is in contact with him)). Either way even if Amuro would know that, he probably would not have much use of this except one thing. He was wondering how Conan is realted to Kudou family, and why he allowed Subaru to live there. Now he would understand that he allowed Subaru to live there because in fact he is the owner of the house. We don't know what officially (as a BO agent) he knows about the APTX, so there is a chance that officially he doesn't know that "Shinichi Kudou" is related to the BO. But even if he knew that, he was Elena's pupil, so in theory he already should be aware of the APTX side effects. Perhaps the secret he knows about Vermouth is also connected to the fact that she doesn't age, and he is aware of that as well.
My dad’s a soldier blue I’ll be a soldier, too
When I grow older you will see me rescue you
I’ll teach you this old song so you can sing along
When I am dead and gone the day won’t be so long.
DCUniverseAficionado

Life can be so many things... what it is for me and for you is up to us to decide.

Postby DCUniverseAficionado » November 20th, 2015, 8:19 pm

Nemomon wrote:he was Elena's pupil, so in theory he already should be aware of the APTX side effects.

That's not been established. Beyond that one very vague flashback, we know nothing about Rei's/Tooru's and Elena's relationship.
“Life is infinitely stranger than anything which the mind of man could invent. We would not dare to conceive the things which are really mere commonplaces of existence. If we could fly out of that window hand in hand, hover over this great city, gently remove the roofs, and and peep in at the queer things which are going on, the strange coincidences, the plannings, the cross-purposes, the wonderful chains of events, working through generations, and leading to the most outre results, it would make all fiction with its conventionalities and foreseen conclusions most stale and unprofitable.”
“Education never ends... it is a series of lessons, with the greatest for the last.”
― Arthur Conan Doyle, The Complete Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and His Last Bow
"I have decided to stick to love... hate is too great a burden to bear."
— Martin Luther King Jr. (A Testament of Hope: The Essential Writings and Speeches of Martin Luther King, Jr)
Jeetkunedo

Postby Jeetkunedo » March 31st, 2016, 10:14 am

LMAO if Sonoko actually figured it out a long time ago....
Christcc9

Postby Christcc9 » April 29th, 2016, 1:56 pm

I have 2 choices about this. The first one is just a fantasy/curiosity I don't think it will happen at all (not soon anyway). And the second one is more realistic about how the story is continuing:

1st) Definitely Kogoro!
It would be super interesting to see his reaction. He could impress us (like he already has a few times) by his seriousness. Maybe he'd ask himself: "Wait? Something's going on... why didn't he tell us the truth? I must not tell Ran or anyone about this." - and he'd keep silent even with Conan but his behavior would change with him, like being more in tune with what Conan says and it makes Conan suspicious and.. DAMN I'd like it so HARD!
Inconvenient: Kogoro could be less lazy and then less funny. A different man could emerge.

2nd) Jodie
It hasn't been, not even a little, revealed that Jodie knows either suspects Conan is Kudo. She doesn't even seem to wonder if he is a real child or not.
"So why her your dumb idiot? There's no reason!" you'll tell me... (yeah I know you'll not) - because it's exactly why it could be her: she is the one who suspects the least. I think she will eventually (maybe in a event or something) - then speak with Akai about this (because she ALWAYS goes to Akai when she's thinking about something) - and he will tell her what he knows on Conan (because of course he must have discovered something!) and she will be like "Oh so you were investigating since the beginning! Wow Shu you are so clever I love you xoxo♥"... I'd see things to happen like this. I'm not even exaggerating a bit. Perhaps.
The impression of a woman may be more valuable than the conclusion of an analytical reasoner.
Fear of death is worse than death itself.
ConanAccountant

Postby ConanAccountant » April 29th, 2016, 2:09 pm

I vote for Ran, hehe. I mean, she's a detective and a lawyers daughter, she has an understanding of how the word 'secret' works. There's no one who could actually understand it better in my opinion, even though she's prone to over-react when-if she ever finds out, but it would make Conan's life 1000 times easier and less painful for Ran.
And it would give me TONS of satisfaction to be smug in front of Haibara and her 'Ran is too stupid to handle the truth, here's another painfully ineffective and temporary antidote to toy with Ran's emotions' face.
She's going to try to drag Conan with her when she's found out by the B.O. I just know it.
And then Ran will have to risk herself to save him and herself.
SHINICHIxRAN Forever :)
wolf4537

Postby wolf4537 » May 1st, 2016, 2:42 pm

I don't know why but I kinda wanna see Genta, Ayumi, and Mitsuhiko find out that Conan is really Shinichi. I feel like that would make things A LOT more interesting when they are around Ran, but at the same time, it makes me wonder how Ayumi would react to it more than anything since she really likes Conan.

I've also wanted to see Kaitou Kid find out about Conan's identity but I thought he kinda already had an idea anyway.
DETECTIVE CONAN AND WOLF'S RAIN ROCK
Spimer

Do not underestimate the power of the Dark Side of the Force!

Postby Spimer » May 1st, 2016, 3:51 pm

@wolf: in the movies it's shown he knows but keep in mind that that isn't canon. In the manga he hasn't shown any hints of knowing Conan = Shinichi insofar.
"I shall revive again, again AND AGAIN!"
Vinnie

Postby Vinnie » May 5th, 2016, 1:03 pm

Christcc9 wrote:I have 2 choices about this. The first one is just a fantasy/curiosity I don't think it will happen at all (not soon anyway). And the second one is more realistic about how the story is continuing:

1st) Definitely Kogoro!
It would be super interesting to see his reaction. He could impress us (like he already has a few times) by his seriousness. Maybe he'd ask himself: "Wait? Something's going on... why didn't he tell us the truth? I must not tell Ran or anyone about this." - and he'd keep silent even with Conan but his behavior would change with him, like being more in tune with what Conan says and it makes Conan suspicious and.. DAMN I'd like it so HARD!
Inconvenient: Kogoro could be less lazy and then less funny. A different man could emerge.

Kogoro is part of the main characters, so of course, it would be important if he knew what was going on and even helped out Shinichi. Since he's also my favorite character, I'd like to see him in action! But I am afraid that, if Gosho makes Kogoro discover Conan's true identity, he'll still be the ol' same Kogoro... He does get serious sometimes and also impress us, but all these years Gosho hasn't given him the importance that a main character has (c'mon, Kogoro is the tritagonist of this manga!). So what I'm trying to say is:

Kogoro needs a character development, and if he finds out the truth I hope that Gosho won't put him in the shadows. I want him to show Kogoro's true potentials. If its to find out the secret and keep silent or just asking for help to God knows who, I just cannot accept it. Kogoro deserves a spotlight too. I would be really happy if Shinichi and Kogoro worked together because they are kinda similiar in some traits.
usotsuki

Postby usotsuki » May 5th, 2016, 3:33 pm

I think if Kogoro knew, he'd wind up working *against* Conan.
The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible. Arthur C. Clarke
DCUniverseAficionado

Life can be so many things... what it is for me and for you is up to us to decide.

Postby DCUniverseAficionado » May 6th, 2016, 1:15 am

usotsuki wrote:I think if Kogoro knew, he'd wind up working *against* Conan.

Most likely, the first things he'd do if he found out would be to throw Shinichi/Conan out of the Detective Agency—literally—while making sure Ran was there, so he could tell her Conan Edogawa's identity as he threw him out.
“Life is infinitely stranger than anything which the mind of man could invent. We would not dare to conceive the things which are really mere commonplaces of existence. If we could fly out of that window hand in hand, hover over this great city, gently remove the roofs, and and peep in at the queer things which are going on, the strange coincidences, the plannings, the cross-purposes, the wonderful chains of events, working through generations, and leading to the most outre results, it would make all fiction with its conventionalities and foreseen conclusions most stale and unprofitable.”
“Education never ends... it is a series of lessons, with the greatest for the last.”
― Arthur Conan Doyle, The Complete Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and His Last Bow
"I have decided to stick to love... hate is too great a burden to bear."
— Martin Luther King Jr. (A Testament of Hope: The Essential Writings and Speeches of Martin Luther King, Jr)
CaptainKnight

Postby CaptainKnight » May 6th, 2016, 9:48 am

Sakurako Yonehara. The one who resembles Haibara too much though not personality wise (or is it?). Ever since she appeared, I've been curious about her. She's a dead-magnet/cursed as well. She loves black tea. I know it's ridiculous but we never know until it ends, right?

Anyway, I think somehow she needs to know it. I just have feeling that she must know it.
Captain Knight *-ateam-*
ConanAccountant

Postby ConanAccountant » May 13th, 2016, 1:31 pm

wolf4537 wrote:I don't know why but I kinda wanna see Genta, Ayumi, and Mitsuhiko find out that Conan is really Shinichi. I feel like that would make things A LOT more interesting when they are around Ran, but at the same time, it makes me wonder how Ayumi would react to it more than anything since she really likes Conan.

I've also wanted to see Kaitou Kid find out about Conan's identity but I thought he kinda already had an idea anyway.

That'd be interesting, and I think that if Shinichi simply told them he had turned himself into Conan for a top secret case, they'd just go along with it. But then forget about keeping it a secret from Ran or anyone else. Genta/Mitsuhiko even Ayumi would tell Ran in a second, "Ran-neesan, did you know that Conan is actually your childhood best friend Shinichi? Sugoi isn't it?" haha
SHINICHIxRAN Forever :)
HAIBARA......

Postby HAIBARA...... » August 25th, 2016, 10:42 am

yes takagi definetly deserves it but what if he srewed up and like gosho said the b.o boss will turn out to be someone really close to conan so it would put conan inrisk cz takagi is...........how do you say it...................a litle dumb
When your friends and you are separated from each other then a part of your heart leaves with them
MISSING YOU LIKE HELL :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
Without you I am nothing but a lost soul :'( :'( :'( :'(
Spimer

Do not underestimate the power of the Dark Side of the Force!

Postby Spimer » August 26th, 2016, 5:58 am

@HAIBARA: can you provide a source for that of "the BO boss is someone close to Conan?". I don't remember hearing that and it might be an unofficial statement like that of "Haibara would be surprised to know who it is".
"I shall revive again, again AND AGAIN!"
ersha

Postby ersha » August 27th, 2016, 3:02 am

vinnie@

I think actually kogoro still know about conan identity but he keep for reason something.

Wolf@ agree with you, i wanna DB know about conan identity n about ran i hope she dont know cuz this komik be rather interest if ran still with her waiting for shinichi. I love n I like loyalty and anticipation ran,
it became one of the strengths in this manga/anime.

Return to “General Discussion”