Who do you want to find out Conan's secret identity next?

Post any Detective Conan news, events, questions, and the like about the anime, manga, movies, or OVAs that don't belong elsewhere here.
MoonRaven

DCTP's 赤死
-
Cbox: Akai Tsuki
-
The paranoid and homicidial townie of DCTP Mafia

Re: Who do you want to find out Conan's secret identity next?

Postby MoonRaven » June 1st, 2014, 2:25 pm

Spoiler:
Jodie has become quite strong possibility now...
The Eleventh Doctor wrote:Never ignore coincidence. Unless you are busy. Then always ignore the coincidence.

My dA There is one file for solely DC drawings.
My FF I have two DC fics: Rose in the Ecplipse of the Sun(or RitEotS) and Dream... or Not(or just DoN). The latter one still ongoing and has a spin-off Leap to Relatively Unknown.
My Tumblr

Chapter 72 of Dream or Not finished the fic 9.1.17 (9th of January)

Chapter 27 of Leap to Relatively Unknown updated 22.8.17 (22nd of August)

The sequel to DoN and LtRU, Leaping into the Dream has gotten its first chapter 13.4.17 (13th April)

Brilliant DC roleplay behind the years where I was Sera Read away.
soul_dreamer

Postby soul_dreamer » June 1st, 2014, 2:47 pm

Spoiler: manga
Taking into the consideration, latest files, I also think it would be her or Amuro. However, I still hope for Takagi to find out, at some point.
MoonRaven

DCTP's 赤死
-
Cbox: Akai Tsuki
-
The paranoid and homicidial townie of DCTP Mafia

Postby MoonRaven » June 1st, 2014, 2:48 pm

anyone really would be fine since it would take the plot forward in any case.
The Eleventh Doctor wrote:Never ignore coincidence. Unless you are busy. Then always ignore the coincidence.

My dA There is one file for solely DC drawings.
My FF I have two DC fics: Rose in the Ecplipse of the Sun(or RitEotS) and Dream... or Not(or just DoN). The latter one still ongoing and has a spin-off Leap to Relatively Unknown.
My Tumblr

Chapter 72 of Dream or Not finished the fic 9.1.17 (9th of January)

Chapter 27 of Leap to Relatively Unknown updated 22.8.17 (22nd of August)

The sequel to DoN and LtRU, Leaping into the Dream has gotten its first chapter 13.4.17 (13th April)

Brilliant DC roleplay behind the years where I was Sera Read away.
Nemomon

This is my melody and it's just the raver's fantasy

Postby Nemomon » June 22nd, 2014, 9:38 am

Spoiler:
If Takagi would find out, Conan basically would've unrestricted access to police files. The problem however is that Takagi is... welll Takagi. There's a very high chance that he would slip that info - of course unintentionally - to Sato and Yumi, and Conan in an instant would find himself into troubles.

If Ran would find out, we - readers - FINALLY would be able to start to like Ran. But then again, Ran is quite messed, and despite that she knows karate and can defend herself, she often needs help -_-. But maybe she finally would be able to do something constructive. However there's 110% of chances that she would tell that to Sonoko so Sonoko finally would stop her shit about "Shinichi-loving", and if Sonoko would know, then the whole universe also would know that Conan is Shinichi.

If the DB would know, they finally would start to co-operate. But while we know that Mitsuhiko and Ayumi would not tell that to anybody, Genta...

But all in all, Jodie and FBI would be the best option for now. She's connected to the main plot of the series, and not to some side quests like neverending murder cases Conan has to solve, so that knowledge for sure would help. If the FBI would even test Conan, they would find out why Vermouth isn't aging as well.
My dad’s a soldier blue I’ll be a soldier, too
When I grow older you will see me rescue you
I’ll teach you this old song so you can sing along
When I am dead and gone the day won’t be so long.
skiiwolf

Postby skiiwolf » July 26th, 2014, 2:00 am

Either Shounen Meitantei or Ran :D
Vinnie

Postby Vinnie » July 26th, 2014, 9:51 pm

Takagi. I really think that Takagi has to know Conan's true identity. At first he'll be really confused and will ask a bunch of questions but I think that he'll be really useful to Shinichi.
mako

Postby mako » July 29th, 2014, 7:23 pm

I don't know why, but I really, really want Kogoro to realize... just imagine him having this epiphany moment, priceless. ;D
But I know it won't happen, he couldn't keep it secret.

Takagi seems quite good choice, I just like him and want him in "The Team" ;) . However, I'm afraid he might slip up. :-[
Vinnie

Postby Vinnie » November 8th, 2015, 4:45 pm

jalex26 wrote:I'll go with Takagi. I've always wanted him to know Conan's identity. Conan will be able to move more freely while working on a case if he is around. He won't even have to use Sleeping Kogorou, they can just discuss the case with each other. The worst case scenario I can see happening is that he slips up and let Yumi know.

^This. I think it would be a great help and Takagi would get more screen time I also think that he'll get an important role in the future :)
haibaralove

Postby haibaralove » November 9th, 2015, 1:29 am

Takagi would be perfect choice for this...I also want kogoro to know that...it would be fun
G4RB4G3M4N

Postby G4RB4G3M4N » November 10th, 2015, 9:40 pm

Definitely Kazuha Toyama,

It could allow Conan and possibly eventually Ai someone who's intelligent to talk with. Plus, her knowing would give someone for Heiji to talk to about all this crazyness, which could drive them closer. Plus, if Ai ever had to show up in her adult body, they could just say she was a friend of Kazuha's. Having a three person conversation with her, Heiji and Shinichi(even in Conans' body) would be great. Also, Kazuha has been shown to be able to calm down Ran if necessary... Like finding out your potential boyfriend shrunk...
Azurinette

Postby Azurinette » November 19th, 2015, 8:24 am

I'd go with Amuro, Jodie, or Takagi. It's highly likely that Amuro or Jodie (or both of them) will find out about it soon enough.

Spoiler:
After all, they did deduce that Akai Shuuichi faked his death at almost (if not exactly) the same time back in the Scarlet Showdown.

Amuro finding out would probably have the greatest effect plot-wise (and I'd like to see how Vermouth would react to that!) I'm not sure what significance to the plot will be brought if (or when) Jodie finds out that Conan is Shinichi.

If Takagi did find out, it might bring Conan some trouble. Hopefully, Takagi won't blabber away, but he's still a bit careless with regard to information...

Spoiler:
Just like when he nonchalantly revealed vital information about Kusuda Rikumichi to Amuro back in the Tense Tea Party~

Seriously, I think Conan has enough people knowing his real identity ;D
Me:
Spoiler:
Serinox

Postby Serinox » November 19th, 2015, 9:16 am

Azurinette wrote:Amuro finding out would probably have the greatest effect plot-wise (and I'd like to see how Vermouth would react to that!) I'm not sure what significance to the plot will be brought if (or when) Jodie finds out that Conan is Shinichi.

I don't think it would have that much of an effect if either of them found out. Amuro could blackmail him when necessary, but that's about it, and Jodie would have another information to go with her questioning why Vermouth doesn't age (but since Conan knows almost nothing about this whole process and the APTX and since he wouldn't sell out Haibara straight away if Jodie found out, it wouldn't advance anything in that regard).
Azurinette

Postby Azurinette » November 19th, 2015, 11:34 am

The reason why Amuro's hanging around the Agency is because he's investigating Conan, right? I think all of this might lead to another suspicion arc (which may involve Masumi, as well...)
Me:
Spoiler:
Serinox

Postby Serinox » November 19th, 2015, 11:39 am

No, his investigation into Conan seems over. He suspected that Conan is the one behind Kogoro and therefore pulling all the strings in faking Akai's death and he confirmed that with the Scarlet Arc (that's what the "liar" scene in 897 is about). Don't know why he's sticking around at Poirot though. Probably because he has no reason to abandon his by well established cover identity.
Azurinette

Postby Azurinette » November 20th, 2015, 8:02 am

Yeah, he did figure out that Conan's the one who planned everything, but is he really going to buy the fact that Conan's just a brilliant kid? (I think the FBI is, but as for Bourbon...) If he does attempt to keep on investigating Conan (and his identity), I don't think it'll do Bourbon any good other than to satisfy Bourbon's curiosity.

I really hope this'll lead to a suspicion arc. It's likely that Masumi will be involved if ever that happens, and because of her involvement with Shinichi and Ran's past, we may also uncover more stuff about Sera.

Anyway, Sera does know that Conan is Shinichi, right? I'd love to know how she figured it out. ;D
Me:
Spoiler:

Return to “General Discussion”