Is conan even 8 now ?

Post any Detective Conan news, events, questions, and the like about the anime, manga, movies, or OVAs that don't belong elsewhere here.
JConan23

Go Eagles!!!

Re: Is conan even 8 now ?

Postby JConan23 » March 26th, 2008, 9:08 pm

i always thought he was like 10
Aluecard

yes it is true ~ for Alue

Postby Aluecard » March 27th, 2008, 3:48 am

na his 6 or 7  for shure now  8)
1980-2011/3
R.I.P
Zurah

Postby Zurah » March 27th, 2008, 3:57 am

I can tell you about an interview which Gosho has given in Germany in 2007, and he said there that Conan won't become older or will be changing class exept maybe at the end of the story. So don't think too much about it, there won't be a logical solution.

zurah
jelly_Ace

Postby jelly_Ace » March 27th, 2008, 6:22 am

Herein lies an exercise in futility--applying the logic of reality to the world of fantasy.  ;D
I am five evil steps ahead of you.
Rio Nagava

Postby Rio Nagava » March 27th, 2008, 10:54 pm

jelly_Ace wrote:Herein lies an exercise in futility--applying the logic of reality to the world of fantasy.  ;D

And it's not good for such world  :P

You know, i'm more worried about other things.
1.Is Conan actually aging? Did he grow up? It can be look suspicious if a kid stop aging for a reason. =^_^=
2.He was shrunk at 18 y.o. & he drop around 10 years. Or maybe 11 years. But... that so called drug, had much more to come in original. As said later (don't remember where tho). Does that mean that if he does grow up, he will eventually return to his original age/Height/voice and stuff?
3.And that would mean that he won't Gain 10 years more making his body age as 27?
Did you know that this world does exist?
Your subconscious linked to it...
Are you sure that you have nothing to say?
fer5

'mo

Postby fer5 » March 28th, 2008, 7:12 am

Wow, this thread is becoming more philosophyc everytime I read it... Notice that, if Ran continues on going to high school for 10 years that would mean she's not really intelligent (well, she doesn't suspect of Conan being Shinichi after 500 episodes, that doesn't say anything good about her)... The same goes for Sonoko.

But think a little bit about it: would Ran wait for Shinichi for 10 (or 11) years?! That's madness! I think she would have forgot by that time. But, as much of the people here says, I think it's just that time is passing by really slowly... Maybe a case/day ratio. That would be like a year and some months. But that thing will only confirm that Conan is like a manga/anime Jessica Fletcher: everywhere he (she) goes, there's a murder! Try to think about it, I'd possibly run away if I even get to meet one of them! xD
Just as no truth is certain,there is no such thing as a perfect lie
Rio Nagava

Postby Rio Nagava » March 28th, 2008, 12:15 pm

fer5 wrote:But that thing will only confirm that Conan is like a manga/anime Jessica Fletcher: everywhere he (she) goes, there's a murder! Try to think about it, I'd possibly run away if I even get to meet one of them! xD

I think reason why their world so terrifying is cuz it won't be worth to read if no murder occured. However i wonder...
I notice something about some cases. When no death occured. I wonder why there isn't much of them?

Or why there isn't any case when no one dies, i mean like rape or kidnapping, or something stolen. Or even damn normal day at vacation or home. No deaths no crimes, simple child play. Can imagine what will happend to Conans friends when they will grow up? Seeing so much dead people. Crime scenes. They should awake at night from nightmares. But they not. Damn... Sometime i wanna be a japanese. They have nosebleeds from exictement. They have steel nerves... Damn...
Sorry for Offtop =)

Ups sorry.. Kaitou kid got out of my mind... Completly forgot about him =^_^= Sry =)
Last edited by Rio Nagava on March 29th, 2008, 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bright_zero

Bright like the full moon, I illuminate the night.

Postby bright_zero » April 9th, 2008, 1:03 pm

********spoiler***********

as you can see, conan says it was a year a go that he solved that case, so before he became small...
that means that al those 646 chapters are not calender related, kudo is maby a year small now...

''When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.''
GinRei
DCTP Staff Member

銀霊

Postby GinRei » April 9th, 2008, 1:07 pm

Since it was never mentioned before of him being in that village for a case, combined with the fact his birthday hasn't been celebrated yet in the manga, I'd say it happened quite a while before he got shrunk.
Rio Nagava

Postby Rio Nagava » April 9th, 2008, 4:00 pm

I think it was like that.

-------That Case
|
|
|
-------Got shrunk
|
|
|
-------Happy New Year
|
|
|
-------That Case again

What do you think? Well maybe i'm wrong tho... It's just they get in snow area so often...
And btw, isn't looks strange to you that Conan have sooo much free time?
Jd-
DCTP Staff Member

The Last Dinosaur

Postby Jd- » April 9th, 2008, 6:01 pm

I've always thought about doing a timeline, but not a traditional one. Something like -30days from C.D. (current day); we talked about it in IRC for quite awhile, but who knows...
EricAnimeFreak

Otaku 4 Life!

Postby EricAnimeFreak » April 9th, 2008, 11:25 pm

You know, i know the movie's aren't really connected to the manga, but if you include them, Shinchi has had his birthday, Sept 9th movie 1. Also in episode 192 The Desperate Rival, Shinchi's Return Hattori plays the roll of Shinchi, and says that a year has gone by since Shinchi was last in school, which is when he took the bo's toxin. Well thats all i can think of, besides little things, like when conan and ran visit in osaka and then return the favor to Hattori and Kazuha. Also thier are weeks uusally involved in a single Kaitou kid episode.

But hey, i think the idea of a timeline is dangerus, were bound to find cracks in one of our favorite animes! And i think nobody wants that!
Image Image
"Anyone can write, only a literary genuise can entertain."
Jd-
DCTP Staff Member

The Last Dinosaur

Postby Jd- » April 9th, 2008, 11:35 pm

EricAnimeFreak wrote:You know, i know the movie's aren't really connected to the manga, but if you include them, Shinchi has had his birthday, Sept 9th movie 1.

It was actually May 4th--same day Barring-Gould estimated that the conclusion to "The Final Problem" occurred.

It's worth noting that Gosho was fairly heavily involved in the planning for movie 1 (the "red string" subplot was his idea, in fact). So, while the movies aren't canon themselves, it's still worth noting.
EricAnimeFreak

Otaku 4 Life!

Postby EricAnimeFreak » April 9th, 2008, 11:47 pm

Ha, yeah i suppose, by the way, i was guessing from memory when his birthday was.... It's been a good year or more sicne i watched movie 1, maybe i'll watch it tonight before my college exam in the morning.
Image Image
"Anyone can write, only a literary genuise can entertain."