Detective Conan Movie 17: "Private Eye in the Distant Sea" (2013)

Post any Detective Conan news, events, questions, and the like about the anime, manga, movies, or OVAs that don't belong elsewhere here.
kirsten815

hello x goodbye

Re: Detective Conan Movie 17:

Postby kirsten815 » April 14th, 2013, 9:58 am

Magical Mystery wrote:NEW SUBBED TRAILER!

...with English subs

...on YouTube!

phpBB [video]

Finally! A thrilling movie (for me ;D )! I always thought to myself that DC movies have been not-so-topnotched since the 14th. Glad that this one's going to be good as the one-digit numbered movies!
conan fever forever!

Osaka Detective

Re: Detective Conan Movie 17: "Private Eye in the Distant Sea" (2013)

Postby Osaka Detective » April 16th, 2013, 8:10 am

4 days to the movie?

Anyways, I'm looking forward to this movie. I'm not a big fan of 15 and 16, but 17 definitely looks good.

Because it's not Ran getting in danger.It's Ran and Kazuha in danger. I'm kind of curious on how Heiji will escape the gun though. I haven't been reading any spoilers, but is it possible that the woman is Kaito Kid?

Hattori Heiji-Haibara Ai-Azusa Enomoto-Kudo Shinchi-Subaru Okiya-Kansuke Yamamoto-Yui Yuehara-Hidemi Hondou

red.orchid

Postby red.orchid » April 16th, 2013, 8:24 am

Huh? Please no Kaito Kid -_-

StrawberryLulzJam

Hell's little angel~

Postby StrawberryLulzJam » April 16th, 2013, 8:28 am

Interesting. I personally don't really care if Kaito kid shows up, so long as Hattori gets some screen time <3
It's not about where you go; it's about who you are when you get there. Always be kind ~

-I am a woman of many names, use the one that sparks your interest-

red.orchid

Postby red.orchid » April 16th, 2013, 11:18 am

That is very likelyyy ^^

Wakarimashita

Postby Wakarimashita » April 17th, 2013, 8:14 am

Real main theme :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... 7rcWSYTJ0# !

Pretty good. The best one since 12 IMO.

red.orchid

Postby red.orchid » April 17th, 2013, 9:35 am

That sounds great, thanks Waka!
By the way, a fan linked to a recent interview with Gosho Aoyama's and Shibasaki Kou's involvement and we fortunately had legendary Zenthisoror to translate it for us on SpoilerCbox, I thought I should post it here before the Cbox gets flooded with other messages.
Here we go:

Zenthisoror: @Ran87: And that's basically it. :)
17 Apr 13, 07:09
Zenthisoror: At the end of the interview, Gosho gave Shibasaki a signed drawing of Kaito Kid and Haibara, which she said she'd hang up on her wall. She was really genuinely happy. She finished off by saying she wanted to do a part in the TV animation too, any side character, anybody, even without credit.
17 Apr 13, 07:07
Zenthisoror: Gosho says that he gets embarrassed whenever the frames that he drew come up on the screen.
17 Apr 13, 07:06
Zenthisoror: Shibasaki suggests using Conan's hair (hahaha). She also remarks that there's a scene where the Aegis nearly comes under attack which was really good.
17 Apr 13, 07:05
Zenthisoror: He's also got a rule of making the names of gadgets seem as normal as possible. The last gadget he designed was the belt. They've got to be things it would be natural for Conan to have on his body, so Gosho's running out of options.
17 Apr 13, 07:03
Zenthisoror: Shibasaki remarks that this time in the film, he does, but Gosho counters that by saying he's not ACTUALLY crying...but for more details, you've got to see the picture.
17 Apr 13, 07:02
Zenthisoror: Gosho then talks about how he has the rule that Conan doesn't cry.
17 Apr 13, 07:01
Zenthisoror: But Conan explains things and keeps the plot in focus, so hopefully children will be able to understand what's going on.
17 Apr 13, 07:01
Zenthisoror: This time, there are areas that he's a little worried children won't be able to follow.
17 Apr 13, 07:00
Zenthisoror: Apparently when they decided to set the story on board an Aegis ship, there was a request from Gosho to make the situation seem as real as possible, so the story might actually be more adult than expected.
17 Apr 13, 06:59
Zenthisoror: Gosho says that because her voice was a type not usually found amongst voice actors he thought it was good and actually quite cool.
17 Apr 13, 06:57
Zenthisoror: Although she found she felt the intonation a little off sometimes, so had to redo recording every now and again...
17 Apr 13, 06:55
Zenthisoror: And Shibasaki mentions a bit from her voice acting experience, in that nearly everybody else had already recorded their parts, so it made things much easier for her.
17 Apr 13, 06:54
Zenthisoror: They both comment on how cute the character's eyebrows are.

17 Apr 13, 06:53
Zenthisoror: Gosho designed Shibasaki's character for the film. Apparently there was a special request when Shibasaki had been cast to make sure her character was a beauty (hahaha).
17 Apr 13, 06:52
Zenthisoror: Shibasaki talks about what makes Conan so appealing: 1) The pictures are likeable, distinctive and memorable. 2) The mysteries are top quality, some of them as difficult as the kind TV dramas take a bit of time to solve...and they draw you into the Conan world.
17 Apr 13, 06:49
Zenthisoror: She says that she vaguely remembers when Conan started being serialised in Shonen Sunday, when she was in middle school...And she might've actually been reading it from File 1. Gosho then makes a remark about kids who were reading the comic becoming fathers and now reading it along with their own children.
17 Apr 13, 06:47
Zenthisoror: Shibasaki talks about how she's seen Gosho's cartoon of himself in the Conan volumes. (Hahaha)
17 Apr 13, 06:46
Zenthisoror: The interviewer asks about the impression each had of the other before meeting at the interview for the first time face to face. Gosho talks about how he's seen her acting in TV dramas quite a lot, including Galileo.
17 Apr 13, 06:45
Zenthisoror: Gosho says that her acting was, 'Really cool!' and then they have a chat along with the interviewer.
17 Apr 13, 06:44
Zenthisoror: Okay, so it's an interview with Shibasaki Kou who's a popular actress in Japan, recently started a singing career, who has been reading Conan since her student days. In the 17th film, she'll be voicing Fujii Nanami, a member of the defence force.
17 Apr 13, 05:39
Ran87: http://movies.yahoo.co.jp/interview/201 ... 15001.html

You know the rule: :D Read up!

frankguo8

super Conan fan for gods know how long...been watching since kindergarten?

Postby frankguo8 » April 17th, 2013, 4:01 pm

why are people talking about KID being in the movie!?
If KID is in a Conan movie they would advertise is up like crazy to draw in more fans
PLUS, there's NO REASON for KID to show up in a movie that doesn't have anything for him to steal.

If he really is in the movie than they better give me a really good reason why

Jecka

*Annoying fangirling*

Postby Jecka » April 17th, 2013, 8:41 pm

Ohh it is a good theme
3DS FC: 1435-4098-2557
One thing that I love about VA's is if they've worked together in other anime series, it makes things funnier. :-P
Yay Nini! \o/
:D
What's a stalker?

red.orchid

Postby red.orchid » April 19th, 2013, 6:57 am

1 day left :D

gostoneph17

Postby gostoneph17 » April 19th, 2013, 4:19 pm

This movie seems to be worth the shot. Also, the main theme is awesome, though I can see the OST again features lots of those short and boring (in most cases) tracks.
Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/Gostoneph17Page?ref=hl .

DC Unreleased Soundtrack Project: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=9517 .

Wakarimashita

Postby Wakarimashita » April 19th, 2013, 7:17 pm

To those who live in Japan reading this thread. If you've gone to see the movie, please post a review (under spoiler of course) as quick as possible for thirsty people like me (especially if there is any 'Lupin III vs Conan - The Movie' stuff shown after the movie ends). Thanks. ;D

Jd-
DCTP Staff Member

Deportation applications available.

Postby Jd- » April 19th, 2013, 7:30 pm

I would bet that Lupin will be the teaser there, as the issue of Shounen Sunday announcing the crossover movie wasn't meant to be seen until next week after the movie was already out.

red.orchid

Postby red.orchid » April 19th, 2013, 7:36 pm

Magic File 7 will be broadcast as an anime original episode today :D
Not that people care though ^^'

Jecka

*Annoying fangirling*

Postby Jecka » April 19th, 2013, 9:37 pm

red.orchid wrote:Magic File 7 will be broadcast as an anime original episode today :D
Not that people care though ^^'

:O Almost forgot about that. I better not stay up too late tonight :x
3DS FC: 1435-4098-2557
One thing that I love about VA's is if they've worked together in other anime series, it makes things funnier. :-P
Yay Nini! \o/
:D
What's a stalker?

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion