PT's Botfia Poll #1 (Interrogate)

The home to DCTP Forum Mafia as well as any other type of random forum game that you can conjure up.

Do you think Interrogate is overpowered and cheap in Botfia and should be removed?

Poll runs till January 11th, 2056, 5:59 am

Yes.
44%
No.
56%

Total votes: 16
PT
Community Mad Scientist

to cammel's bav we go!

PT's Botfia Poll #1 (Interrogate)

Postby PT » January 2nd, 2013, 12:29 am

I know not everyone is going to agree with me on this one (in fact, most of you probably won't), but I think recent events have shown a couple of other people, at least, that I might actually be right about this one. :P

Here's the thing: there are so many ways to find BO in Botfia these days (including just randomly pointing your finger and getting lucky, seriously), so it's not like this would be taking away the only option for finding BO.

Interrogating someone and having them come up BO is basically saying "lynch this person immediately, no questions asked," and the BO have very little defense against it. It requires no thought and, in a game of strategy, seems rather pointless to me, unless you just the game to end quickly (and let's face it, games don't usually last very long these days anyway).

You guys should all know where I stand, but I'd like to see other people's opinions on this one too.

Discuss. And vote.
pofa wrote: I have never done a single thing wrong in mafia, never one lie or act of violence
KangarooGirl
Community Older Sister

Huggles are the best <3

Re: PT's Botfia Poll #1 (Interrogate)

Postby KangarooGirl » January 2nd, 2013, 12:54 am

Honestly, I used to be against PT on this one. We've had a LOT of fights over it. But in random MM where the BO often aren't working together, it feels a little too easy. Also because it's a small game, investigations are quite powerful and having interrogate on top of that makes it really really hard to be BO and win. Most of the time BO wins it's because they outnumbered the town or close to, to begin with.

So I'm voting to nix interrogate in MM only. In FM where investigations don't hold as much power, it's still needed as a more fool-proof way, imo.
Parkur wrote:Hopelessidiot, Mafia Therapist
Night action: Council
Day Action: PGT
Interrogation: Young
Items: Forged Therapist Degree, Picture of Lucy from Charlie Brown, Picture of Yurikochan
Observe: Hopeless *shakes head*

[17:56:37] * xpon is a honest liar

Add my FC: 3454-1638-0292
PT
Community Mad Scientist

to cammel's bav we go!

Postby PT » January 2nd, 2013, 12:57 am

To add a little bit more to it: especially in random games, we usually have all aptx turned on. So there's yet another way to get BO surprisingly quickly.

Honestly, interrogate isn't even needed at this point.
pofa wrote: I have never done a single thing wrong in mafia, never one lie or act of violence
Kleene Onigiri
Community Rice Warrior

*punches Akonyl*

Postby Kleene Onigiri » January 2nd, 2013, 5:16 am

I wouldn't say it's cheap, but for MM, yes remove it I guess.

If it get's removed, will it be replaced for the roles with something else (like more investigate) or will they just lose it?
Keyhole drawn by Yuri Iwamoto <3

Spoiler: Secret Santa gift from Commi-Ninja <3
A Black Organization Christmas Carol (need to fix the link)

3DS Friend Code: 4141 3202 3514

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Giff holidays
Akonyl
Community Hero

Postby Akonyl » January 2nd, 2013, 10:33 am

for this poll, it's just the removal. If this poll wins and has it be removed, then another poll can be made about what to replace it with, if people want something else added for the affected roles.
Stopwatch

Postby Stopwatch » January 2nd, 2013, 10:47 am

There are a lot of ways to get around interrogate, but it seems people do lynch people if they get an interrogate result coming back as BO (even if they know full well Gin is in). Removing it in random botfia I'm fine with, not sure about normal botfia though. I'll make up my mind on that later :x.
Terry Pratchett wrote:The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.

bash7353 wrote:I kind of always assumed that Haneda's parents might've had names.

Spoiler: Box full of stuff
Write a Will
Some year's SS by Abs. :D
DCW SS from Anime Girl 4 Eva]
Thanks, cinna ^^
PT
Community Mad Scientist

to cammel's bav we go!

Postby PT » January 2nd, 2013, 12:00 pm

Kleene Onigiri wrote:I wouldn't say it's cheap, but for MM, yes remove it I guess.

If it get's removed, will it be replaced for the roles with something else (like more investigate) or will they just lose it?
If anything, I definitely think they shouldn't be given more investigates.... I mean, there's already a ton of those anyway, and we lowered the number in mm for a reason.
Kleene Onigiri
Community Rice Warrior

*punches Akonyl*

Postby Kleene Onigiri » January 4th, 2013, 8:32 am

PhoenixTears wrote:
Kleene Onigiri wrote:I wouldn't say it's cheap, but for MM, yes remove it I guess.

If anything, I definitely think they shouldn't be given more investigates.... I mean, there's already a ton of those anyway, and we lowered the number in mm for a reason.

Yeah, that's why I asked, because giving them more inv. isn't good :V
Keyhole drawn by Yuri Iwamoto <3

Spoiler: Secret Santa gift from Commi-Ninja <3
A Black Organization Christmas Carol (need to fix the link)

3DS Friend Code: 4141 3202 3514

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Giff holidays
PT
Community Mad Scientist

to cammel's bav we go!

Postby PT » January 4th, 2013, 2:10 pm

I'd say they're perfectly fine with just Inv 3, but that might just be me.
Raiden

There is a world of imagination
Deep in the corners of your mind
Where reality is an intruder
And myth and legend thrive

Postby Raiden » January 4th, 2013, 3:00 pm

Without Interrogate though, the detectives (Shinichi/Conan & Heiji) just seems like a lesser version of Akai and Gin (which both got other abilities) - if Interrogate is removed and nothing replaces it for those roles, maybe tone down Akai, Gin, and the Bowtie's Investigate to x2?

Just throwing out an idea. ^^'
“Tea is the magic key to the vault where my brain is kept.” ― Frances Hardinge
“If you are cold, tea will warm you;
if you are too heated, it will cool you;
If you are depressed, it will cheer you;
If you are excited, it will calm you.”
― William Ewart Gladstone