Current Phase: The EndAs you wake up from your horrible nightmare, you begin to question even going on that vacation....
Sweating heavily, you wake up, unnerved from your most recent nightmare. It all seemed so real: the gatesâ€¦ Killer potassiumâ€¦ And, of course, the nagging persistence of a killer Homeowner's Association. You think that you can still smell the chlorinated bleach, but you think that itâ€™s nothing. Just a side effect of one of the horrible dreams that wake you up in the dead of nightâ€¦ Pardon the expression.
But, no matter, today should be a joyous occasion! After all, youâ€™ve waited weeks for the vacation youâ€™ve planned to Walt Disney World. Youâ€™ve scheduled yourself on a private group tour of the World, complete with transportation and an all-access pass to all of the shows and parades that you see. Youâ€™re going to have a lot of fun! â€¦..Right?Round 24 â€“ Disney After DarkWelcome to Mafia.
Round 24 will commence on Thursday, April 7, 2011 at 9:00 PM EDT
with Prep Phase.
All subsequent phase changes will also occur at that same time each day.
Please allow up to 1 hour for results tabulation/subsequent phase change post and any PMs.Current Players and StatusAlive:
1. Parkur (Megure)
8. Cheesus (Makoto)
9. hopelessidiot (Yumi)
10. bluekaitou1412 (Ran)
18. Kirbypepe (James)
20. miakakiri (Sonoko)
22. shihokudo (Asami)
24. Beastly (Hakuba)Dead:
16. Yurikochan (Ayumi - Killed Night 1)
5. miikosan (Nakamori - Killed Night 2)
14. KainTheVampire (Heiji - Poisoned Night 3)
2. Abs. (Sherry
- Lynched Day 3)
27. Conia (Yusaku - Killed Night 4)
12. Schillok (Anokata
- Lynched Day 4)
15. pofa (Mitsuhiko - Poisoned Day 4)
19. Holmes (Eisuke - Lynched Day 5)
7. PhoenixTears (Chiba - Poisoned Day 5)
11. Kleene Onigiri (Kobayashi -Killed Night 6)
25. lyndsi (Satou - Suicided Night 6)
3. Commi-Ninja (Vermouth disguised as Okiya Subaru
- Lynched Day 6)Arrested/Detained:
4. Akonyl (Pisco
- Arrested/Detained Day 3)
23. Officer Kaoko (Officer Tome - Arrested/Detained Day 3)
26. xXleration (1412 - Arrested/Detained Night 5)
6. breva (Akemi
- Arrested/Detained Day 5)
21. Tanner-kun (Vodka
- Arrested/Detained Night 6)
13. Silver1412 (Jodie - Arrested/Detained Night 6)
17. Mystery_angel801 (Chianti
- Arrested/Detained Night 7)RulesGeneral rules
[spoiler]- No Multis:
If you play in this game with more than one username, both usernames will be banned from this and all future Mafia games. Since it is also against forum rules to have multiple accounts, at least one of the accounts will also be deleted.
- No Favoritism:
Don't ask the GM for information about other players' roles or try to influence moderator tasks (e.g. ask them to not give certain hints).
- No Intrusion of Reality:
You may not copy/quote/screenshot etc. the PM from the GM to prove your role to someone else. But you can claim to be a role, whether it's your real role or not.
- No Hints from the Dead:
You can PM people and post without restrictions (except the GM stuff, see above) when you are alive. If you choose to talk while dead (PM or otherwise), you must be careful that you donâ€™t give anything away, whether itâ€™s your suspicions, results of actions, deductions, etc. Don't ruin the spirit of the game. When in doubt, refrain.
- No Intrustion of Reality 2:
You may fake/quote/edit other players PM, just not the GM ones. However, the posting or PMing of other playersâ€™ PMs via screenshots are prohibited.
- No Flustering of the GM:
If your PM confuses the GM, the GM will smash it into a billion pieces.
- No Outside Help:
People not participating in the game can also talk, but anything that could be a hint or something the reader noticed should not be posted or PMed to the people playing.[/spoiler]Gameplay
[spoiler]- Sending Game Actions:
You have to PM the GM directly to vote/use your ability. Posting in the thread doesn't count. Multi-recipient PMs donâ€™t count.
- Disguise Overlap:
If Vermouth and KID are in the same game and choose the same person to disguise as, they will both disguise as the same role and the targeted individual will get a new role.
- Group Overlap:
DB's (Ayumi, Genta, Mitsuhiko), Friends (Sonoko + Best Friend), and Lovers will not overlap.
If you're inactive for too long (GM discretion) you will be arrested by the GM.[/spoiler]General Definitions
[spoiler]Order of Actions
- You can always send in a new action, which will replace the old one.
- If multiple incompatible actions are submitted by a player, the last valid one(s) before time is up is the one that will go through.
- The BO and the DBs have a rank system for giving orders.Please read carefully, as this has been changed/clarified to align with existing rules + current round modificationsNIGHT PHASEArrest > Neutralization > APTX > Pinch Face > Travel > Killing > House Search > All other actionsDAY PHASEArrest > Protection charm > Frighten > APTX > Accompany > Travel > Lynch votes/lynching > All other actionsExample 1a (NIGHT):
Akonyl=Nakamori) Pinch Abs.' face. Investigate if pofa slandered Conia.
Abs.=Vermouth/Shinichi) Kill Akonyl.
Result: Akonyl arrests Abs. Abs. does not get to kill Akonyl. Akonyl investigates if pofa slandered Conia.Example 1b (NIGHT):
Akonyl) Investigate if pofa slandered conia.
Abs.) Kill Akonyl.
Result: Abs. kills Akonyl. Akonyl does not get investigation results.Example 1crazy (NIGHT):
Akonyl=Nakamori) Pinch Abs.' face. Investigate if pofa slandered Conia. Investigate if Mystery_angel neutralized PT.
Abs.=Vermouth/Shinichi) Kill pofa. Investigate if PT arrested Tanner.
pofa=Eisuke) Neutralize Mystery_angel801.
PT=Takagi) Arrest Tanner. Stake-out Abs.
Mystery_angel801=Vodka) Neutralize PT.
Tanner=Korn) APTX Akonyl=Nakamori.
Conia=Megure) House search Akonyl.
PT arrests Tanner. pofa neutralizes Mystery_angel801. Mystery_angel's Neutralize FAILS. Tanner's APTX FAILS due to arrest (APTX is lost). Akonyl pinches Abs.' face, arrests Abs. Abs.' kill FAILS. Conia conducts House search, is suspended.
Akonyl's investigation: pofa slandered Conia = False, Mystery_angel neutralized PT = False.
Abs.' investigation: NULLIFIED
PT's stake-out: Abs. was face-pinched.Example 2: (DAY)
Town) Lynch pofa! Otherwise, lynch Conia (2 votes behind).
Cheesus) APTX Conia = Kazuha. Lynch pofa.
pofa) Arrest Cheesus for killing Prof on Night 2. Lynch Kleene.
Conia=Kazuha)Give Anti-APTX charm to pofa. Accompany pofa. Lynch Abs.
Schillok=Tequila) Frighten shihokudo.
shihokudo) Lynch pofa.
Result: pofa arrests Cheesus. Conia gives Anti-APTX charm to pofa. Schillok frightens shihokudo. Cheesus' APTX FAILS (APTX is lost). Conia accompanies pofa.
LYNCH: pofa loses 3 lynch votes (Cheesus, shihokudo, accompany). CONIA IS LYNCHED.
In case there is a Neutralization loop, all neutralizations will be treated as SUCCESS.Voice of Reason > Big Brother > Watch protection > Protect > Heal > First Aid
- Sniping: Sniping bypasses all protections, including the Watch. Watch is destroyed if wearer is sniped.
- Healed sniping targets: Alive.
- Headshot: Headshots bypass all healing, including First Aid.
- Protection against headshots: Watch: Effective only for headshot target. Protector: Dies instead, unless Akai. Any healing of protectors is ineffective.
- Any action below "Killing" in the Order of Actions that was done by someone who was successfully First Aided will fail, because that player became injured.Voting
- Everyone can vote during the Day Phase, whether you're Townsfolk or a BO member.
a) You're dead
b) You're not in Japan
c) You're arrested
d) You were hindered by an ability (e.g. Tequila).
- Each playerâ€™s vote is made public at the end of the Day phase, unless Voice of Reason or Protect is applicable.
- If the player was APTXed or arrested, then his/her vote won't countKilling/Arrest/Lynched
- After a player has been killed, lynched, or arrested, their action will be nullified unless it holds a higher position in the Order of Actions. Only exception is Akai's Vengeance.
- In case Kazuha was succesfully APTXed and accompanied someone that was about to be lynched because of 1 vote difference, the reduction of that 1 vote fails and he/she will be lynched.Wills
- Every player can PM a "Will" to the GM. It can be a letter, a tape or just an item that you'll drop. This Will will be shown in case you're killed.
- The GM has the last decision. In case a will, tape, or method of death is giving out too much info, then it can be changed by the GM accordingly.
- A Will will get lost if the body is removed by Piscos ability. Pisco will receive the Will then. Crimes
- Killing (normal, sniping or using APTX)
- Black Suitcase actions are not crimes (even neutralizing etc.).
- Being in the BO is not a crime. So you can't arrest Conia for being Gin.Condition
All players - except the travelers Hakuba and Maktoto - start the game "alive" (normal). However, their condition might worsen during the course of the game...Alive
: An alive player may use any of his/her abilities according to the rules. They can talk freely and participate in the lynch-voting.Abroad
: This player is out of the country until he/she returns to japan. Any actions used on him will fail. He/she can't be killed. Such players can talk freely, but not participate in lynch-voting or use any ability themselves.Injured
: An injured player can not use any abilities and lose any of their passive abilities like for example a disguise. The only exception is the nightly killing action from BO members (though, they will loose any advantages they normally have like erasing the body or sniping) and Revenge. Injured players can still talk freely and participate in the lynch voting.Suspended
: Police who try to arrest someone for a false charge will get suspended for 2 phases after the arrest attempt. When being a suspended, the police will lose all Ability except for Voting on day lynching.Arrested
: An arrested player can't use any abilities, but at the same time they also can't be killed. Any actions, except for "lawsuit" on them will fail. They can talk freely, but not participate in the lynch voting. Arrested players are considered "out-of-the-game" to determine if a side had won. The arrested players role will (normally) not be revealed upon the arrest.Dead
: That player was killed during the game. They can no longer participate in this round, however they will still win or lose the game together with their side. Dead players may not give any information concerning the game to others or influence the game in any other way.Black OrganizationLeadership
The BO has a Leader. It's Anokata. The Leader has the ultimate right to choose a Night kill target and will give the order. No one can overwrite the Leaders order. Other players can also send in the kill order, in case the Leader does not. The priority of the orders will be decided by the BO ranking.
If the Leader orders a Lover to kill the other Lover, it will happen (unless either the Lover was neutralized, or Vodka was the Lover and neutralized the Leader), and the killing Lover will suicide if the kill was successful.
If Anokata is not present in a game (or was killed) the BO will choose a Leader. They can either go for the ranking according to the role list (Anokata, Gin, Vermouth, Bourbon ...) or they vote for their own ranking. So each player PMs the GM with a ranking.
conia) Akonyl (Vodka), conia (Korn), pofa (Gin)
Akonyl) Conia (Korn), Akonyl (Vodka), pofa (Gin)
pofa) pofa (Gin), conia (Korn), Akonyl (Vodka)
Then the ranking would be: conia(Korn), Akonyl (Vodka), pofa(Gin). So conia would be the new Leader. In case conia dies then Akonyl will become the new leader etc.
If the leader is arrested, the leader may designate the new ranking by PMing the GM during the phase in which the arrest is made known.
Otherwise the GM will randomly choose a ranking.
The leader ranking has nothing to do with the APTX ranking! In case there are not enough APTX, then the ranking of the listed BO roles will be used.INACTIVE BO MEMBERS: The BO Leader can only submit kill orders for the other BO members. NOTHING ELSE!Other
Each mafia member must commit a successful murder before any mafia member gets a second turn to kill.
Every member can use the APTX4869 during day phase.
BO can kill BO if they so wish.
The mafia is allowed to and is expected to consult with each other on who to kill during the night and who to lynch during the day. You may all vote to lynch different players if you wish.[/spoiler]Keywords
For mostly investigative purposes, the following terms have the following equivalences:Kill: Kill / Attack / Murder
Investigate : Investigation / Special Investigation
Observe : Observation / Stake-Out
Protect : Protection / Lovey-Dovey / Big Brother
Heal : Healing / First Aid
Steal : Stealing
Pinch Face: Face-pinching
Follow: Follow / Accompany / Backup / Cite
Identify: Group Identify / Identify Haibara / Identify Akemi[/spoiler]Sub-Boards:
The BO now have their own sub-board on the forum that is visible only to them. Townies cannot see or access this sub-board. The BO can now talk to each other and strategize here rather than in PM. If you are BO, the sub-board will appear on the frontpage of the forum sometime either during prep phase or Night 1.
Players who have died now have their own sub-board, called the Graveyard. It is visible and accessible only to dead players. Dead players who want to discuss the game should do so on this board and not
on the game thread.