Mafia! Mafia! Mafia! Character Role Discussions

The home to DCTP Forum Mafia as well as any other type of random forum game that you can conjure up.
Tanner-kun

Re: Mafia! Mafia! Mafia! Character Role Discussions

Postby Tanner-kun » April 28th, 2010, 12:54 am

I think lovers causes a big problem, who else thinks we shouldn't have them in the game?
Sakina

Postby Sakina » April 28th, 2010, 12:55 am

Xcommando wrote:I think lovers causes a big problem, who else thinks we shouldn't have them in the game?

I like 'em!  :D
Tanner-kun

Postby Tanner-kun » April 28th, 2010, 12:58 am

Sakina wrote:
Xcommando wrote:I think lovers causes a big problem, who else thinks we shouldn't have them in the game?

I like all the strange pairings, it just the Lovers victory is to hard to get.
Conia
Yurikochan's Husband

Conan Shuuichi

Postby Conia » April 28th, 2010, 1:07 pm

Xcommando wrote:
Sakina wrote:

Don't worry, this will change next Round. And Sonoko will have to choose 5 players to befriend. The GM will rule out the ones she cannot befriend (lovers,BO,DBs) and choose randomly between the other players left.
All of this if I'm modding next Round,obviously ;)
Regarding DBs, they aren't in the list of roles. Can somebody add them?
Sakina

Postby Sakina » April 28th, 2010, 1:15 pm

conia wrote:
Xcommando wrote:
Sakina wrote:[quote="Xcommando"]
I think lovers causes a big problem, who else thinks we shouldn't have them in the game?

Don't worry, this will change next Round. And Sonoko will have to choose 5 players to befriend. The GM will rule out the ones she cannot befriend (lovers,BO,DBs) and choose randomly between the other players left.
All of this if I'm modding next Round,obviously ;)
Regarding DBs, they aren't in the list of roles. Can somebody add them?
[/quote]
Hm?  They should be.  Which one are you looking at, the one from the current game or the one from here?
Conia
Yurikochan's Husband

Conan Shuuichi

Postby Conia » April 28th, 2010, 1:16 pm

The one from the current game.
Sakina

Postby Sakina » April 28th, 2010, 2:03 pm

conia wrote:The one from the current game.

Mitsuhiko/Ayumi/Genta, Detective Boys

* Know the identities of all members of the Detective Boys (except Conan and Haibara).
    * Cannot be disguised as.
    * Decide to interrogate one person together during the day.  Slandering is useless against them but disguises and Anokata's immunity still work.

I don't know where you're looking... it's second from the bottom. 
Conia
Yurikochan's Husband

Conan Shuuichi

Postby Conia » April 28th, 2010, 2:09 pm

*gasp*...
They...weren't...there...
Stupid Conia ;D
Schillok

GCA UAC U AUG AUA

Postby Schillok » April 28th, 2010, 2:20 pm

You are right... how could I forget the detective boys...
Taking away their ability to interrogate would be horrible - just knowing 3 more players won't know much if you can't do anything. 3 players sharing a single interrogation doesn't sound too strong to me. And they can still be fooled by Vermouth or Anakota. They are just like a weaker Haibara.
As we have seen this round the DB did not the control the lynching vote in any way.

About the lovers. I think they are okay. But only as long as they can win with their fraction (if they are both town or both BO). They know and trust each other, but their chance to die is double as high as for other characters.

I like Sonokos role... but I guess letting her decide for 5 players instead of 2 wouldn't change her much. Maybe 5 is a bit high though...
Conia
Yurikochan's Husband

Conan Shuuichi

Postby Conia » April 28th, 2010, 2:26 pm

Schillok wrote:You are right... how could I forget the detective boys...
Taking away their ability to interrogate would be horrible - just knowing 3 more players won't know much if you can't do anything. 3 players sharing a single interrogation doesn't sound too strong to me. And they can still be fooled by Vermouth or Anakota. They are just like a weaker Haibara.
As we have seen this round the DB did not the control the lynching vote in any way.

About the lovers. I think they are okay. But only as long as they can win with their fraction (if they are both town or both BO). They know and trust each other, but their chance to die is double as high as for other characters.

I like Sonokos role... but I guess letting her decide for 5 players instead of 2 wouldn't change her much. Maybe 5 is a bit high though...

I thought of 5 if Sonoko has sooo many bad luck she picks 3 or 4 BO members... What I want is that Sonoko doesn't take advantage when choosing her BFF, so choosing 5 would mean a very low percentage of failure.
Schillok

GCA UAC U AUG AUA

Postby Schillok » April 28th, 2010, 2:36 pm

conia wrote:I thought of 5 if Sonoko has sooo many bad luck she picks 3 or 4 BO members... What I want is that Sonoko doesn't take advantage when choosing her BFF, so choosing 5 would mean a very low percentage of failure.

The chance of picking 2 BO at once is about 5%. As Callid said, with Sonoko not being in every game it means that such a scenario would only happen once in about 30 games.
Conia
Yurikochan's Husband

Conan Shuuichi

Postby Conia » April 28th, 2010, 2:43 pm

Schillok wrote:
conia wrote:I thought of 5 if Sonoko has sooo many bad luck she picks 3 or 4 BO members... What I want is that Sonoko doesn't take advantage when choosing her BFF, so choosing 5 would mean a very low percentage of failure.

The chance of picking 2 BO at once is about 5%. As Callid said, with Sonoko not being in every game it means that such a scenario would only happen once in about 30 games.

Okay, I'll give Sonoko (if appears) 3 people to choose.
Kleene Onigiri
Community Rice Warrior

*punches Akonyl*

Postby Kleene Onigiri » April 28th, 2010, 3:03 pm

I think there need to be a change in some other points too. But I'll talk about that after the game ends D:
Keyhole drawn by Yuri Iwamoto <3

Spoiler: Secret Santa gift from Commi-Ninja <3
A Black Organization Christmas Carol (need to fix the link)

3DS Friend Code: 4141 3202 3514

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Giff holidays
Schillok

GCA UAC U AUG AUA

Postby Schillok » April 28th, 2010, 5:03 pm

Kleene Onigiri wrote:I think there need to be a change in some other points too. But I'll talk about that after the game ends D:

Why wait? The game is almost over... at least if our deductions were right.
We can start talking now already. The earlier we begin with tweaking the remaining problems, the better.
Kleene Onigiri
Community Rice Warrior

*punches Akonyl*

Postby Kleene Onigiri » April 28th, 2010, 5:50 pm

Well, for once I wanna wait, because I want to know the whole constellation of the game before I assume things. Another point is, that I didn't have much time today to write a lot XD And last but not least, conia wanted to start the game on Monday afaik. So we can talk about rules etc till then. So no need to rush.
Keyhole drawn by Yuri Iwamoto <3

Spoiler: Secret Santa gift from Commi-Ninja <3
A Black Organization Christmas Carol (need to fix the link)

3DS Friend Code: 4141 3202 3514

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Giff holidays