Forum Mafia 81: DC Bedtime Story (Night 6)

The home to DCTP Forum Mafia as well as any other type of random forum game that you can conjure up.
blurfbreg

Re: Forum Mafia 81: DC Bedtime Story

Post by blurfbreg »

It all started from a simple mission. Retrieve the document to be transferred at the Zenkoji temple during one of the ceremonies, while a celebration was taking place there. It was a special treat for everyone that year in Nagano, as they were taking out the original Buddha statue during that week. This only happens once every five years. The mayor wanted to attract many people from all over Japan to bring in some tourists. The priest decided to acquiese to the plan, knowing it can show many the way of Buddha. The number of people present makes a document transfer that much more forgettable. Not only that, the document was actually disguised among pamphlets that were to be handed out during the festival taking place in the park next to the Nagano Prefecture Shinshu Art Museum, the Nagano Shiritsu Joyama elementary school, and reaching all the way to Fussainari Shinto. Naturally, the Black Organization members were slipped into the celebration in the attire fitting for a Buddhist temple.

It was a nice party at first. Link, Kamite, Memesu, Abs., PT, MoonRaven, KainTheVampire, Kaito Lady, Ekoyuhale, dumytru, Gamma, Maya Fey, Henry Gordan, Mia Fey, and cinnamoroll were among the participants of the festival and these ceremonies. They were mingling with one another. Everyone was having a good time. Of course, those were just fake names. The police were also hiding among the crowds, trying to catch robbers in their midst. A few people, who may have been related to the police, wanted to be there and enjoy the day in anonymity as well.

The problem was... that document actually contained the identity of our boss and ways to link him to other business dealings the Black Organization had around the world. During the middle of that operation, this information was leaked among those on scene. Once the Black Organization members assigned found out, it was mayhem...

WARNING: A known criminal going by the codename Curaçao is suspected of being in Nagano at this very moment. All citizens and visitors at Nagano are to be on the lookout for this person.
Prep Phase Begins
Prep phase ends on Wednesday July 17, 2019 at 03:00 GMT +0
Night 1 begins on Wednesday July 17, 2019 at 05:00 GMT +0
Last edited by blurfbreg on July 15th, 2019, 7:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Sleep tight; Don't let the bedbugs bite.
Link
"I NEED SLLEP"

Post by Link »

Kaito Lady
*plotting*

Post by Kaito Lady »

*raises from the dead*
"Plotting since forever"
Spoiler: Fear The Wrath Of My Hammer!
Thanx Yuri for the Awesome pic :D
DCTP Forums=a place where anyone is anyone's sibling/parent/child....and therefore is the best place on earth <3
Spoiler: Write a Will, BO Edition
Spoiler: Whenever in doubt
DCTP Cat Family
My dA
blurfbreg

Re: Forum Mafia 81: DC Bedtime Story (Night 1)

Post by blurfbreg »

There was always the chance that something was going to go wrong. Unlike other missions that Gin likes to do, this mission required finesse. This mission needed to not make a scene. No one should remember what happened that night. Instead of having everyone dead, the BO needed them to be incapacitated.

Before APTX 4869 was complete, the BO had another method for getting tasks done without leaving a trace. The BO used a mixture of memory blockers and tranquilizers that is capable of inducing sleep almost immediately while wiping out the target's memory for the last half a day or so. There were multiple ways of getting that drug into the target's body too. The BO members that night were carrying that drug as a means to incapacitate anyone who gets in their way. As a matter of fact, the drug was tested out on a random passerby. I think the poor chap's name is... Conia? Anyways, it turned out to be a success. He got a little bump on the side of his shoulder with the special mix and went unconscious in about 20 seconds, like any drunkard on the street. He never even remembered the incident and put it off as karoshi when he woke up. Every BO member went into this mission carrying them.

For those of you nitwits here, Nagano became the vibrant city it is today due to Zenkoji (善光寺). Unlike other cities, the worship of Buddha drew nearby pilgrims to the town since Yoshimitsu Honda (本田善光) recovered a Buddhist statue (Amida Triad sharing one halo 一光三尊阿弥陀如来) that was meant to be destroyed by those who shunned the Buddha. He eventually brought it back from the brink of its destruction and kept it in secret inside a temple that was constructed at that time. Since its completion in the year 644, the third year of Empress Kogyoku's reign (皇極天皇, こうぎょくてんのう), people flocked to the place to seek health, fortune, and enlightenment, among other sordid affairs in history. To prevent further damage, that statue (a replica) is only shown once every seven years during a special ceremony called the Gokaicho (ご開帳). The real one has not been seen since. Even during the ceremony, most of us glimpse it through a curtain, barely revealing its form. Since the temple was built without belonging to a Buddhist sect, all are welcome to enter the premises.

In addition to the secret statue, other events surround this Buddhist temple. Every morning, there is a service (o-asaji; お朝事) to give blessing to all who attend. Nowadays, people can also visit the museum built to commemorate the history of the location. Given the nature-themed festival held this year to showcase nearby farms and orchards and promote the beautiful landscape of Nagano prefecture, the area near the Zenkoji was packed with people. Tourists were given samples of fruits and some even bought baskets of them to bring away. Pamphlets were handed out to all the visitors to showcase the many things that Nagano offers. Everyone was having fun, then it happened...
Night 1 Begins
Night 1 ends on Friday July 19, 2019 at 03:00 GMT +0
Day 1 begins on Friday July 19, 2019 at 05:00 GMT +0
Paix672

Post by Paix672 »

:( I missed this
Link
"I NEED SLLEP"

Post by Link »

PPPPPPPPPPPPPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIX
Paix672

Post by Paix672 »

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK <3
PT
Community Mad Scientist
to cammel's bav we go!

Post by PT »

Paix!! <3
pofa wrote: I have never done a single thing wrong in mafia, never one lie or act of violence
Maya Fey
Um, Nick? You know that problem of yours? That problem where you present evidence that makes no sense? You're doing it again.

Post by Maya Fey »

PAAAAIIIIXXXXXXXIE! <3
blurfbreg

Re: Forum Mafia 81: DC Bedtime Story (Day 1)

Post by blurfbreg »

Before I get into what happened, let me refresh you on how things were supposed to go that day. Within the inner sanctuary of the temple, there is a dark tunnel that leads to a "key". Whoever touches the key is believed to gain "enlightenment". The dark tunnel made it the perfect place to transfer. Passphrases were given so that one of the BO member can obtain the documents from the client who wishes to deal in secret with the BO. This tour started after the o-asaji on that fateful day. Once the document transfer is complete, the member would receive a few basket of fruits and other goodies from the nearby festival to blend into the crowd.

The o-asaji went without a hitch. People were blessed by the priests. A few, especially the poor children, nodded off most of the time.

The tour in the dark tunnel went as planned. People groped around for the walls and ceiling to guide their way. A few started to whisper to themselves so that they can feel like they're still alive. Some even chanted the buddhist prayers. Once people touched what they believe is the key (the priest who led the tour said that Buddha will show each the key if Buddha believes the person to be worthy of the blessing), they begin to trickle out of the dark tunnel.

Problem is... everyone but one person made it out. Abs. didn't appear. The priest entered to find the corpse of Matsumoto Kyonaga, the Tokyo Police Chief. There were several needle marks on his neck, suggesting a poisoning attempt gone very wrong.

Almost immediately, the Osaka police chief, Hattori Heizo appeared to control the inner sanctuary, ensuring that no unauthorized personnel can enter or leave without the police noticing. It seems the police had caught wind of some suspicious activity to take place. A few policemen came forward and started to secure the scene when one accidentally knocked over a briefcase nearby. Tiny sheets of paper scattered into the air and floated into the hands of the participants of the tour.

Each sheet reads, "Think upon the true name of those who strayed the path, and karma shall follow him."

Here I must interrupt the story with a little more musing about the development of the APTX 4869. As some of you may have surmised, the boss of the black organization has also dabbled in... spiritualism in his pursuit of immortality and the power over life and death. As such, one of the documents was related to the progress of the research into the power of curses. APTX 42.94 (死に.苦死) was developed at various temples in secret to evaluate the efficacy of curses. Now the participants were able to have a test run of the experiment's fruit.

Some of the participants of the tour were unsure of what the sheets meant. Some, however, had an instinct that told them if they prayed hard enough with the true name of a participant of the tour while holding this slip of paper, they can change the flow of karma to cause one to fall. Luckily for some participants, the police thought these were just regular temple items that were meant as great blessing or misfortune for the holder and didn't bother to clean it up. Some participants, however, kept as many strips as they could before the police cared to stop them from disrupting the scene.

As you will see, karma has a way of working out...

Abs. (Matsumoto Kiyonaga) died
Day 1 Begins
Day 1 ends on Sunday July 21, 2019 at 03:00 GMT +0
Night 2 begins on Sunday July 21, 2019 at 05:00 GMT +0
Remember, you can both vote to lynch a player and use your APTX to curse someone to death if you whisper to the GM their character role.
Last edited by blurfbreg on July 21st, 2019, 1:34 am, edited 3 times in total.
PT
Community Mad Scientist
to cammel's bav we go!

Post by PT »

pofa wrote: I have never done a single thing wrong in mafia, never one lie or act of violence
Link
"I NEED SLLEP"

Post by Link »

me: *scrolling through phase change* oh yay no deaths
*discord notifications*: rip abs D:
me: wait what...

summary: absu either dies a hero early or live long enough to be a villain. there is no in between :mudkipmote:
Maya Fey
Um, Nick? You know that problem of yours? That problem where you present evidence that makes no sense? You're doing it again.

Post by Maya Fey »

Why do all the house searchers have to die in the all aptx round! Could a cop contact me!?

Why Abbles!? Why!?
Memesu

Post by Memesu »

Abs ;___;
Umineko kickstarter soon
https://www.umineko.us/#

Secret santa gift from PT <3
Calling
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0569Wt-cZ0
Kamite
Just keep swimming. Just keep swimming.

Post by Kamite »

I can say with 100% certainty, I did not kill Abs.