Forum Mafia 76: Your Summer Vacation (BO Wins)

The home to DCTP Forum Mafia as well as any other type of random forum game that you can conjure up.
Raiden
There is a world of imagination
Deep in the corners of your mind
Where reality is an intruder
And myth and legend thrive

Re: Forum Mafia 76: Your Summer Vacation (Night 4)

Post by Raiden »

PhoenixTears wrote:
Kamite wrote:Can I clear up my will?
You are dead. You can't do anything.
*Offers chips/crisps to fellow ghosties*
Today's flavour: Paprika
“Tea is the magic key to the vault where my brain is kept.” ― Frances Hardinge
“If you are cold, tea will warm you;
if you are too heated, it will cool you;
If you are depressed, it will cheer you;
If you are excited, it will calm you.”
― William Ewart Gladstone

Iwamoto Yuri
SPARKLES

Post by Iwamoto Yuri »

Yuri: Why did you lied about Conia knowing your role, and afraid you were aptx?
>:(
I never said it was Conia.
3DS Friend Code: 1564-5101-4615
Yuri gets advice from little fairies, and is thereby not held responsible for any stupid action
pixiv | etsy | livestream
The Doctor wrote:There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.
The Doctor wrote:Remember: Hate is always foolish, and love is always wise.
Kleene Onigiri
Community Rice Warrior
*punches Akonyl*

Post by Kleene Onigiri »

Sorry for lynching a townie :(

Since people are properly curious why I announced to lynch Kamite:

Kamite was acting suspicious and others found him also suspicious. He was lying about some stuff already. For example being sleeping pilled, which he wasn't. He also asked Raiden to claim being sleeping pilled in order to confuse the BO. But IMO, that only confuses town. Since the BO should know if they have sherry or not :x

Anyway, last day he talked more with me. He told me he can observe some phases before. Yesterday evening he told me he stake-outed Raiden and wants to follow up the killing. Because of that he basically revealed to me that he's Camel, since Jodie was dead already.
Because he had the SO on the kill and could follow it up, I actually thought of not lynching him (yet). But the timing seemed too convenient, like a lie from the BO to escape the lynching (like, why don't you say that way earlier? Since Kamite supposedly trusted me already anyway?)
So in order to confirm whether he's Camel or maybe a sniper, I asked if he's female, since someone claimed that he was "observed as a female" (which was a lie from me :P). If kamite was indeed town, he'd want to clarify that false claim of that "observer" I was in contact with. But instead of denying that and saying he's male or that this observer is lying, he confirmed that he's female.... So I thought he is chianti and that he forgot that Jodie died D: And that's how Kamite got the lynch-announcement :x
If Kamite didn't lie about that, he might still be alive XD Stop lying so much Kamite!
Keyhole drawn by Yuri Iwamoto <3
Spoiler: Secret Santa gift from Commi-Ninja <3
A Black Organization Christmas Carol (need to fix the link)
3DS Friend Code: 4141 3202 3514

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Giff holidays
MoonRaven
DCTP's 赤死
-
Cbox: Akai Tsuki
-
The paranoid and homicidial townie of DCTP Mafia

Post by MoonRaven »

Oh... this game is a mess.
The Eleventh Doctor wrote:Never ignore coincidence. Unless you are busy. Then always ignore the coincidence.
My dA
My AO3
My FF
My Tumblr
Dream or Not finished at 72 chapters

Chapter 33 of Leap to Relatively Unknown updated 12.9.20

Chapter 8 of the sequel, Leaping into the Dream updated 6.10.19

Chapter 2 of The Crow's Song updated 19.7.18
blurfbreg

Re: Forum Mafia 76: Your Summer Vacation (Day 4)

Post by blurfbreg »

Dinner is a little strange. For one, Ethiopian cuisine does not use utensil. The chefs and servers have warned you to only use your right hand, for the use of the left hand is considered disgusting, given what traditionally the left hand is used to do.

There are platters of wat, which is a thick stew of chopped red onions with other vegetables for different flavours. There are also tibs of various sauteed vegetables, kitfo (rare beef mince marinated in a spicy chili powder), and ayibe, (a mild and crumbly cottage cheese). They all sit atop the injera, a large sourdough flatbread which is ripped into small pieces to pick up these dishes.

You find it hard to get used to, but you try and rip out the injera and take different bite size portions of wat, tibs, kitfo, and ayibe. You notice one of the wat smells of carrots, and avoid it like the plague. Despite the strange eating method, you enjoy the meal.

During dinner, you stare hard at the paintings. You realize that one of them is actually blank. Not even a minimalist painting, but actually no canvas. You ask the waiters about it. It turns out that the allegory of taste is only rumoured to exist, and no one in the modern world knows what it even looks like, or the title of the painting by Rembrandt himself. An interesting choice given today's interesting food.

Some of you decide to stay longer and admire the painting. Some of you go to see the fish underneath the sea, which have changed somewhat now that you're approaching what the Captain believe is Ogasawara's coordinates. Some of you even took a dip in the hot tub. Luckily, the crew is there to remind you to leave before you stay too long. One of you slowly worms your way to the sound system setup in the lounge, and change the settings so that it blasts music out of it. For a brief moment, B'z songs started to play all around you. Some of you notice the fish dart away from the submersible when the music play.

Despite Kamite's ramblings, you all relax a little from the fear and death. Well, almost everyone calmed from the fear and death. One of you, fearing for the worse, shut yourself off after dinner in your suite. A beautiful night for you to be missing out. Definitely no FOMO here.
-----------------------
You wake up from a deep slumber. You are not even sure how you got to your bed. Regardless, it's a bright new morning, and you head out to the dining hall. On your way over, you notice one door open wide. shinichi'sapprentice's suite is bright. He lays on the bed, yet his eyes wide open. You knock on the door. He doesn't answer. You shout loudly as a greeting. He still doesn't answer. You run over to him and shake him up. The wat from yesterday's dinner drips down from his mouth and down his body onto the bed. The body is cold. You scream for help. As the rest of the people on board come rushing towards you, you take off the mask, and reveal the face of Shadowman, which is not really a face at all. It's like someone painted over it, but there's no paint. It's not black, like those of African descent. If anything, it's like a void, the endless space far above the skies. You scratch your head in puzzlement as you read a note lying on top of the bed drawers.
Spoiler:

WHY?!

What did Shadowman ever do to ya!?

Don't ya trust this innocent face??

Look, my doggo friend's all like "who's the good Linku? who? who?"

Even this kid trusts me!

Anyway, hooray for a Shadowman surviving this long \o/

I go jump off the ship now with this knife behind my back to meet mah fish friend

Oh, btw, my actions failed Night 1 V;

I hired Wright and he found Raiden not guilty on Night 2.

Lastly, Irish seems to be not around in this cruise!
-----------------------
"So it seems another murder has occurred last night," the Captain murmurs. "Well, you all know what we must do. Do not forget to eat. Save your strength for what's ahead. We'll be making some hard choices."

Day 4 Begins.

Day 4 actions can be sent until 20:00 PDT of 7th of October. Click here for what it is in your timezone.
Last edited by blurfbreg on October 7th, 2018, 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sleep tight; Don't let the bedbugs bite.
Iwamoto Yuri
SPARKLES

Post by Iwamoto Yuri »

D:
3DS Friend Code: 1564-5101-4615
Yuri gets advice from little fairies, and is thereby not held responsible for any stupid action
pixiv | etsy | livestream
The Doctor wrote:There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.
The Doctor wrote:Remember: Hate is always foolish, and love is always wise.
Kleene Onigiri
Community Rice Warrior
*punches Akonyl*

Post by Kleene Onigiri »

SA! T_T

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Giff holidays
darkest absol

Post by darkest absol »

Moldy agent! D:
Spoiler: Secret Santa 2014 (Thanks, Fujiwara!)
Spoiler: Secret Santa 2015 (Thanks, Raiden!)
Spoiler: A surprise Christmas gift from cinnamoroll
Kleene Onigiri
Community Rice Warrior
*punches Akonyl*

Post by Kleene Onigiri »

Alright! After discussing with a lot of people, please vote for Conia!

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Giff holidays
Henry Gordan
Most likely DCTP's biggest Formula 1, The Beatles, The Who and cross-country skiing fan

Post by Henry Gordan »

Friend D:
"Why have you brought us to shelter in a fuel dump, Andrew?"
Conia
Yurikochan's Husband
Conan Shuuichi

Post by Conia »

Kleene Onigiri wrote:Alright! After discussing with a lot of people, please vote for Conia!
Kleene, don't make your second big mistake of this game :-X
I am pretty sure you aren't BO, based on what we talked and some information I have on you, but I'm townie as well an another townie dead probably means game over right now.
blurfbreg

Re: Forum Mafia 76: Your Summer Vacation (Night 5)

Post by blurfbreg »

After seeing the body, you don't want to go near food for a while. The chefs didn't take any offense. They saw what was done with their food last night. In response to the murder last night, The chef leaves a few plates of dry solid food. None of it resembles anything you ate last night.

While contemplating your choice for the person going overboard, you decide to wander the halls of the cruise yacht. You stare out into the ocean. On the bright day, you see schools of fish trail behind the yacht. The engine noise scares them away, but in the distance, they seem to know that there's strength in numbers. You think about each and every person on board. Is there strength in numbers with them?

You look through the paintings again. The deaths seem to emulate the paintings. The beheading of (possibly) Raiden and the head of Goliath presented to Saul. The absence of the allegory of taste and the presence of all that shinichi'sapprentice could ever taste until his death. Who would do such a thing?

As you focus on the details (or lack thereof) on the painting, you notice it has a false back. You open the false back, but find that it's empty. Was something in there before?

You wonder about the connection between the Rembrandt and the murders. Why are they murdering from the paintings?

Too many questions. Too few answers. It's probably best to go with your gut today. Maybe Captain Buregu is right. Maybe you can scare off the murderer by a little crowd justice.

As the sun begins to set once again, you gather at the submersible platform.

Captain Buregu looks through the voting box and begins the "judicial" process, "It seems we once again have near unanimous agreement. Conia, please step forward."

Conia moves towards the edge of the platform. "Do you have anything to say for yourself?" the Captain asks.

Conia strikes a pose like one of those Korean dancers. "I'm Eisuke." You scratch your head, not sure if he's joking or not.

"Uh, I don't know what to say. Time to walk the plank." The captain brandishes a mop and pushes Conia towards the edge of the plan extending from the bow of the submersible platform. Conia reluctantly moves to the edge and falls into the water. The Kuroshio drags him away from the sunset.

A pill bottle labelled for a well known brand of laxatives floats to the surface where Conia jumped. That must be why some people went to the toilet for hours. At least, now you know you won't be getting laxatives in your food, right?

Lynch candidate (number of vote): Voters
Conia (7): Abs., cinnamoroll, darkest absol, Giogio, Iwamoto Yuri, Kleene Onigiri, MoonRaven
Giogio (1): Conia
Henry Gordan (1): Yurikochan

"I can see Muko and Nakodojima Island in the distance. We're going to reach land within the coming day. Maybe everything will work out. Enjoy your evening. By dawn, we'll be land ahoy!"

Night 5 begins.
MoonRaven
DCTP's 赤死
-
-

Re: Forum Mafia 76: Your Summer Vacation (Night 5)

Post by MoonRaven »

...Damn.
The Eleventh Doctor wrote:Never ignore coincidence. Unless you are busy. Then always ignore the coincidence.
My dA
My AO3
My FF
My Tumblr

blurfbreg

Re: Forum Mafia 76: Your Summer Vacation (Day 5)

Post by blurfbreg »

While the captain seems to be quite happy, you are not. The captain is rejoicing over justice being done by the traditions of his birthplace. You are not. The captain notices that you (plural) seem to be very paranoid of one another, of how anyone might stab you in the back.

The captain announces, "Ho ho! I see that not all of you agree with the traditions of my homeland. I assure you, this will bring us closer to justice. The killer will eventually be discovered and sent overboard. Hmm..." The captain thinks deeply, "Everyone! I believe you all require a 'mandatory' massage therapy and salon session." The captain puts his hands up doing air quotes.

As you make it back to the dining hall after the voting, you notice the crew finish moving some new paintings. The theme, quite apparently, is self-portrait. These are several different self-portraits of Rembrandt himself. As you look at the painting, you can even find how his art style changes over his career.

This is one he drew in 1628, when he was a young man:
Spoiler:
This is one he drew in 1628, with a gorget and beret:
Spoiler:
This is one he drew in 1628, Rembrandt Laughing:
Spoiler:
This is one he drew in 1631 of him being in oriental attire:
Spoiler:
This is one he drew in 1632,
Spoiler:
This is one he drew in 1634, with a helmet:
Spoiler:
This is one he drew in 1635, with his wife then (Rembrandt and Saskia in the Scene of the Prodigal Son in the Tavern ):
Spoiler:
This is one he drew in 1639, with a bittern:
Spoiler:
This is one he drew in 1640:
Spoiler:
This is one he drew sometime between 1641-1642, Self-portrait with beret and gold chain:
Spoiler:
This is one he drew in 1654:
Spoiler:
This is one he drew in 1658:
Spoiler:
This is one he drew in 1659, with a beret and turned up collar:
Spoiler:
This is one he drew in 1662, but as Zeuxis (Self-Portrait as Zeuxis Laughing)
Spoiler:
This is one he drew in 1662, but as Paul the Apostle (Self-Portrait as the Apostle Paul)
Spoiler:
And finally, this is one he drew in 1669, named Self-Portrait at the age of 63:
Spoiler:
The crew tells you that Rembrandt passed away in 1669. It must have been a tragic time for the painter. His last surviving son died half a year earlier. None of these paintings are a true reflection of the painter. It is well known that the painting with Rembrandt's wife is done with a model in place of himself. Some of the paintings even depict himself as historical figures. Maybe we never really see ourselves for who we really are. Maybe we never can.

All these paintings gets you thinking about the deaths on this cruise. The paintings remind you of the people you've all agreed to throw overboard and the people who have died horrible deaths. That boy, Eisuke, just accepted his fate like that. Did Eisuke do something wrong? Did he repent? Did anyone bothered to know who this young gentle soul truly is? Did anyone consider how he was robbed of his peace, his life? Did anyone consider how he will have no ambition, no destiny, no future? What about the others? Who will we notify about Raiden's death? What about the lives of all those sailors? What about all the other recently departed souls?

The questions leave your mind as you attend your "mandatory" massage therapy session. The crew adds several more pairs of staff in preparation for this. Your worry is kneaded from your body. Your confidence is bolstered by another layer of beautiful decoration on your lacquered fingernails. You eat a healthy salad afterwards to cleanse all that bad stuff from your body. (there's really no need to say how all that bad stuff is to be cleansed, is there?). You then go to bed, with nary a worry in mind.
------------------------
As dawn comes, you notice something strange. You don't feel the waves on the hull. You don't feel the rocking of the yacht. You run out and notice a door to a suite open. The door to cinnamoroll's suite is open. There is no one inside, save for a broken mirror in the bathroom. Suddenly, Captain Buregu screams with dire distress. You all run towards the bridge. On the ship's wheel lies cinnamoroll, the mask lying to the side. Her body is covered in glass shards like those of the bathroom mirror. Her hands are placed through the gaps in the wheel, and they hold a piece of the mirror. It is hard to tell, but the mirror seems to reflect the face of Haibara to herself. Someone wants to tell us that someone isn't seeing herself as who she really is. You're afraid to find out the answer.

You find on her body a note. It reads as follows:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
On the first day I spent some time with kamite, didn't get the evil scent from him (but why did he say he was put to sleep :x I couldn't ask, because he'd figure me out >_>).
T_T I'm sorry I voted you Meme T_T
Day 2 I hung out with Raiden, he only had the scent of freshly baked bread on him.
Sorry I helped lynch you kamite, I couldn't get why you lied about the sleeping pill (I still don't :x).

Been speaking Link and Kleene. I trust them :3
(Good luck town! \o/)
The captain seems to care little for the body and stares out the bow of the yacht. You follow your gaze as well. You do not see the blue ocean, but you see a piece of rock in front of the yacht.

"Well, bad news, it seems there are still murderers aboard this vessel. Not only that, it seems they have somehow moored us onto either Muko or Nakodojima Island. Good news, the boat appears functional. At least, that's what I think given that all my engineering crew is dead or missing. It'll take the whole of the day to get it running. I hope."

A pair of the crew runs up to Captain Buregu and whispers. "Again?!" The Captain blurts out loudly. "It seems that another person claiming to be a police officer showed a badge and started to rummage through the rooms looking for evidence of a crime. Unfortunately, this police officer didn't find any. Again, we took away the officer's badge and suspended him/her. How he/she get these warrants still confuses me."

"Anyways, it's a new day. Time to decide who to throw overboard. We'll try to get ourselves out of the rock so that we can continue our journey towards Ogasawara. We can see it off in the horizon."

Day 5 begins.

Day 5 actions are no longer received after 8:00 pm PDT, 11th of October, 2018. Click here to see what it is in your time zone.
MoonRaven
DCTP's 赤死
-
-

Re: Forum Mafia 76: Your Summer Vacation (Day 5)

Post by MoonRaven »

Oh, cinna...
My dA
My AO3
My FF
My Tumblr