Mathematical Thinking I, II, .... (previously Puzzle: Marrie

The home to DCTP Forum Mafia as well as any other type of random forum game that you can conjure up.
Sayumi

Re: Mathematical Thinking I, II, .... (previously Puzzle: Married?)

Post by Sayumi »

How about this:
[spoiler]
1 1
2 1
1 2 1 1
1 2 3 1
1 3 1 2 2 1
[/spoiler]

If this is correct anyone who wants to can out up the next one.... I'm kinda running out of ideas  ;)
"It is one of those instances where the reasoner can produce an effect which seems remarkable to his neighbor, because the latter has missed the one little point which is the basis of the deduction."
Sherlock Holmes
c-square
Shounen Tantei Dan, Dai Seikou!

Post by c-square »

Sayumi wrote:How about this:
[spoiler]
1 1
2 1
1 2 1 1
1 2 3 1
1 3 1 2 2 1
[/spoiler]

If this is correct anyone who wants to can out up the next one.... I'm kinda running out of ideas  ;)

Nope!  Everyone's dancing around the right answer, but no one's hit it yet.

Let me give the next line and see if you can come up with the following two.

1 1
2 1
1 2 1 1
1 1 1 2 2 1

What are the next two lines after this?
Image - Get your Detective Conan bobbleheads today! - Image
miakakiri
Really not sure what I should put here....

Post by miakakiri »

[spoiler]3 1 2 2 1 1
1 3 1 1 2 2 2 1
1 1 1 3 2 1 3 2 1 1
3 1 1 3 1 2 1 1 1 3 1 2 2 1
1 3 2 1 1 3 1 1 1 2 3 1 1 3 2 2 1 1
1 1 1 3 1 2 2 1 1 3 3 1 1 2 1 3 2 1 1 3 2 2 2 1
[/spoiler]

Oops, I went overboard. Once you see the pattern, it's really easy. I think I may have seen something like this a long time ago, which is how I got the pattern so easily.
Or am I doing it wrong?
I have finally started to actually publish my story! For the moment, expect a new chapter each month.

The Case of the Midnight Channel
"When a strange letter summons the Mouri family to Inaba, Ran is expecting a case. She's not expecting it to involve the TV, though.
If Naoto investigated everyone who came to visit Inaba, she'd have little time for real cases. When Yukiko reports that the Midnight Channel is back, however, she starts to wonder if the visitors are connected. Especially when the image clears, unveiling yet another mystery."

Short version: I'm taking various DC/MK characters to Inaba (where Persona 4 takes place) and dropping them through the TV to face their Shadows!
Cross-posted:Case of the Midnight Channel at Archive of our Own.
c-square
Shounen Tantei Dan, Dai Seikou!

Post by c-square »

miakakiri wrote:[spoiler]3 1 2 2 1 1
1 3 1 1 2 2 2 1
1 1 1 3 2 1 3 2 1 1
3 1 1 3 1 2 1 1 1 3 1 2 2 1
1 3 2 1 1 3 1 1 1 2 3 1 1 3 2 2 1 1
1 1 1 3 1 2 2 1 1 3 3 1 1 2 1 3 2 1 1 3 2 2 2 1
[/spoiler]

Oops, I went overboard. Once you see the pattern, it's really easy. I think I may have seen something like this a long time ago, which is how I got the pattern so easily.
Or am I doing it wrong?

Pin Pon!  Correct!  In case people think this isn't really a mathematical sequence, apparently someone has come up with a formula for calculating the next row based on the previous one.  It can be found here if you're interested!

Your turn, miakakiri!
Image - Get your Detective Conan bobbleheads today! - Image
miakakiri
Really not sure what I should put here....

Post by miakakiri »

Um.....Pass?
Sorry, I can't think of a puzzle right now. Someone else can have a turn.

I'm better at solving puzzles than posing them...~_~*
I have finally started to actually publish my story! For the moment, expect a new chapter each month.

The Case of the Midnight Channel
"When a strange letter summons the Mouri family to Inaba, Ran is expecting a case. She's not expecting it to involve the TV, though.
If Naoto investigated everyone who came to visit Inaba, she'd have little time for real cases. When Yukiko reports that the Midnight Channel is back, however, she starts to wonder if the visitors are connected. Especially when the image clears, unveiling yet another mystery."

Short version: I'm taking various DC/MK characters to Inaba (where Persona 4 takes place) and dropping them through the TV to face their Shadows!
Cross-posted:Case of the Midnight Channel at Archive of our Own.