Mafia Round 72: It's a Secret to Everybody [BO Wins]

The home to DCTP Forum Mafia as well as any other type of random forum game that you can conjure up.
PT
Community Mad Scientist
to cammel's bav we go!

Re: Mafia Round 72: It's a Secret to Everybody [BO Wins]

Post by PT »

Raiden wrote:That's what happens when you're not fully awake--phase change time is awful for Europeans
Apparently it was awful for basically everyone, or so I kept hearing. Good thing you guys won't have to worry about that for a while. Or ever.
pofa wrote: I have never done a single thing wrong in mafia, never one lie or act of violence
Raiden
There is a world of imagination
Deep in the corners of your mind
Where reality is an intruder
And myth and legend thrive

Post by Raiden »

PhoenixTears wrote:
Raiden wrote:That's what happens when you're not fully awake--phase change time is awful for Europeans
Apparently it was awful for basically everyone, or so I kept hearing. Good thing you guys won't have to worry about that for a while. Or ever.
That's not what I meant. :(
Always someone who will lose out with timezone conflicts, don't take it personal.
<3 PT, thanks for GMing! *hugs*

Edit:
Stopwatch wrote:Edit: If anyone has some cool wills do they want to share? :o
Don't think anything will beat Coniawesome's super informative will. :P

But maybe this part of mine is a little funny?
PhoenixTears wrote:
shinichi'sapprentice wrote:
PhoenixTears wrote:Sign-ups are now closed! Roles will go out shortly.
I see we're up to... date v:
I think we should see other people. :V
Spoiler: I Regret Nothing!
“Tea is the magic key to the vault where my brain is kept.” ― Frances Hardinge
“If you are cold, tea will warm you;
if you are too heated, it will cool you;
If you are depressed, it will cheer you;
If you are excited, it will calm you.”
― William Ewart Gladstone

Yurikochan
Conia's Wife
Secretly in love with N...

Post by Yurikochan »

Memesu wrote:
Yurikochan wrote:
I called Link and some IRC people cowards cause they didn't say a word to me.

Clearly.
Spoiler:
Maya Fey wrote:well SA pmmed me, but like hell I was giving him anything. :x
Or do you mean they should've just told you they were going to kill you?
Yurikochan wrote:So that wasn't directed at you, most usually have the decency to apologize. :) so yeah, I do find that to be a personal thing.
And just what the f*ck is this supposed to mean? You think you have the right to insult others when they don't play how you want, but they should be the ones apologizing?
No, Honey, I meant most people have the decency to apologize after they kill you. Hence common courtesy.

And fun fact, I knew I was dying anyways. So you don't even realize what I'm saying. So, please, just calm down :)

@PT: There could have been some things better with the game, town was at fault, BO got hella lucky with killing, cause BO infiltrated, or knowing SA pushed the whole town to reveal everything, just like he tried last game with you, I'm sorry I can't agree with punishing the town even more though, because the BO are on a team, and I always thought this game was about thinking and not having actions, just as much.
@whoever
Yes, its a game, and yes it sucks to die earlier, but its nice to at least feel helpful, but no one follows leads based on thought, steal even had to be changed since people stopped using it, arrest now isn't even used as much without information. Mafia has just become about actions and its a bit sad. And this action base game play comes from BO and town side, so if actions keep getting stronger/weaker for one side or another....
Mafia: The only place where you can find Gin and Akai married together with 8 kids all disguised as Akai. Or something epic like that.
Conia wrote: Why am I thinking a ferret is an experiment from PT to mix the charm of dogs with the evilness of cats? :V

Image Kay and her friends...
Iwamoto Yuri
SPARKLES

Post by Iwamoto Yuri »

People need to start explaining the term pofa to me :v

I wasn't around when pofa did stuff, ok?! XD
3DS Friend Code: 1564-5101-4615
Yuri gets advice from little fairies, and is thereby not held responsible for any stupid action
pixiv | etsy | livestream
The Doctor wrote:There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.
The Doctor wrote:Remember: Hate is always foolish, and love is always wise.
MoonRaven
DCTP's 赤死
-
Cbox: Akai Tsuki
-
The paranoid and homicidial townie of DCTP Mafia

Post by MoonRaven »

Thank heavens it's over.
The Eleventh Doctor wrote:Never ignore coincidence. Unless you are busy. Then always ignore the coincidence.
My dA
My AO3
My FF
My Tumblr
Dream or Not finished at 72 chapters

Chapter 33 of Leap to Relatively Unknown updated 12.9.20

Chapter 8 of the sequel, Leaping into the Dream updated 6.10.19

Chapter 2 of The Crow's Song updated 19.7.18
Yurikochan
Conia's Wife

Post by Yurikochan »

Iwamoto Yuri wrote:People need to start explaining the term pofa to me :v

Way back, a long time ago, there was a person named pofa here, and she sent a BO pm to a townie. So the person became a verb. Just like sllep is a thing.
Mafia: The only place where you can find Gin and Akai married together with 8 kids all disguised as Akai. Or something epic like that.
Conia wrote: Why am I thinking a ferret is an experiment from PT to mix the charm of dogs with the evilness of cats? :V

Iwamoto Yuri
SPARKLES

Post by Iwamoto Yuri »

Yurikochan wrote:

Way back, a long time ago, there was a person named pofa here, and she sent a BO pm to a townie. So the person became a verb. Just like sllep is a thing.
That doesn't clear any of my confusion :V
Yuri gets advice from little fairies, and is thereby not held responsible for any stupid action
The Doctor wrote:There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.
Yurikochan
Conia's Wife

Post by Yurikochan »

Iwamoto Yuri wrote:
Yurikochan wrote:

That doesn't clear any of my confusion :V
To pofa is to make a mistake by sending a PM wrongly to one person not on your team.

Example: pofa ( Gin ) thinks she PMs Conia ( Anokata ) but ends up PMing PT ( Heiji ) about the nightly kill. ( then no one believes her, but thats a totally different story) that time I don't believe it was about the kill though, but I think it did name some other BO, but it is what happened to Detective Tommy. :P
Last edited by Yurikochan on June 12th, 2017, 1:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Iwamoto Yuri
SPARKLES

Post by Iwamoto Yuri »

Aaahhhhhh
Yurikochan
Conia's Wife

Post by Yurikochan »

Iwamoto Yuri wrote:Aaahhhhhh
I would tell you the actual story, but I don't really remember it.

PT
Community Mad Scientist
to cammel's bav we go!

Post by PT »

Yurikochan wrote: No, Honey, I meant most people have the decency to apologize after they kill you. Hence common courtesy.
See, that's the problem, though. It's a game. Killing people is part of it. People shouldn't have to apologize for playing the game the way it's meant to be played. From what I've heard from the BO, the choice to kill you that night was entirely random. (And dying Night 2 in a game that only lasted to the end of Day 3 isn't exactly dying early.)
Yurikochan wrote: @PT: There could have been some things better with the game, town was at fault, BO got hella lucky with killing, cause BO infiltrated, or knowing SA pushed the whole town to reveal everything, just like he tried last game with you, I'm sorry I can't agree with punishing the town even more though, because the BO are on a team, and I always thought this game was about thinking and not having actions, just as much.
From what I can tell (obviously I don't know what was said in all of the PMs, and I only skimmed a lot of the BO chat), it didn't seem like SA was pushing for people to tell him stuff this round much, they just sort of... did. Which was frustrating to watch from a GM perspective because nobody was proving anybody and I knew how it would end pretty much by the end of Day 1.

But I'm not talking about "punishing the town even more" here. If this is about APTX, then it's the way it's always been and I doubt it'll be changed anytime soon unless you're gonna GM and change it. It's supposed to be there to keep the town from doing exactly what they did this round.
Yurikochan wrote: @whoever
Yes, its a game, and yes it sucks to die earlier, but its nice to at least feel helpful, but no one follows leads based on thought, steal even had to be changed since people stopped using it, arrest now isn't even used as much without information. Mafia has just become about actions and its a bit sad. And this action base game play comes from BO and town side, so if actions keep getting stronger/weaker for one side or another....
Mafia has always been about actions. The reason we even gave every role actions in the first place is because people felt useless being a townie with nothing to do. The point is to use those actions. You don't use them? Fine, but don't complain when you don't prove someone and they APTXed you. Don't complain when your side loses because you didn't feel like using the actions you have available to you.
pofa wrote: I have never done a single thing wrong in mafia, never one lie or act of violence
Yurikochan
Conia's Wife

Post by Yurikochan »

PhoenixTears wrote:
Yurikochan wrote: No, Honey, I meant most people have the decency to apologize after they kill you. Hence common courtesy.
See, that's the problem, though. It's a game. Killing people is part of it. People shouldn't have to apologize for playing the game the way it's meant to be played. From what I've heard from the BO, the choice to kill you that night was entirely random. (And dying Night 2 in a game that only lasted to the end of Day 3 isn't exactly dying early.)
Yurikochan wrote: @PT: There could have been some things better with the game, town was at fault, BO got hella lucky with killing, cause BO infiltrated, or knowing SA pushed the whole town to reveal everything, just like he tried last game with you, I'm sorry I can't agree with punishing the town even more though, because the BO are on a team, and I always thought this game was about thinking and not having actions, just as much.
From what I can tell (obviously I don't know what was said in all of the PMs, and I only skimmed a lot of the BO chat), it didn't seem like SA was pushing for people to tell him stuff this round much, they just sort of... did. Which was frustrating to watch from a GM perspective because nobody was proving anybody and I knew how it would end pretty much by the end of Day 1.

But I'm not talking about "punishing the town even more" here. If this is about APTX, then it's the way it's always been and I doubt it'll be changed anytime soon unless you're gonna GM and change it. It's supposed to be there to keep the town from doing exactly what they did this round.
Yurikochan wrote: @whoever
Mafia has always been about actions. The reason we even gave every role actions in the first place is because people felt useless being a townie with nothing to do. The point is to use those actions. You don't use them? Fine, but don't complain when you don't prove someone and they APTXed you. Don't complain when your side loses because you didn't feel like using the actions you have available to you.
I'm not gonna upset myself any more over this, but if you don't have the decency to say oh sorry...which happens in many other games.

And about the games, actions don't really matter, but my opinions don't matter, and never have anyways so... I shouldn't be responding at the moment cause I have things I want to say...

But yeah town is the problem, but I always felt aptx has been stupid as well, like I said my opinion never mattered, and maybe this is what has been coming. Sorry if I feel this way, but yeah I do. I always have

So let this game be about actions.

Iwamoto Yuri
SPARKLES

Post by Iwamoto Yuri »

Of course your opinion matters, but telling everyone they suck or that they are cowards generally makes people a tad less accepting of whatever words come after. Perhaps APTX should be looked at and perhaps the timing of this round caught most people at a point in their lives where they were too busy to make a proper evaluation. Life happens and the game's balance can be changed if we take care in changing the rules properly.
Either way, if this round and the chat after it upset you already then please step back and take a deep breath, because the way things are going everyone will get annoyed and that's something no one wants :V.
dumytru

Post by dumytru »

This... is going the wrong way.
I don't really want to get in-between, but you should calm down a little. It's just a game. Most town played bad (including me, oh yeah). The game didn't feel that great (at least for me), but that's that.

-> About actions: I haven't played Mafia for that long, but, to me, it looks like there are two parts: the actions and the meta-game (the conversations, etc).
And I think it's in a pretty good place. Some changed might be good, but for the most part I think it's ok.

-> About apologizing: I'm a bit hesitant to say this ??? ; while apologizing for killing somebody is a nice thing to do, but I don't think it's a must. For example, town doesn't apologize when they lynch a BO.
What I mean to say, it's not something you should get that upset about. :)

Anyways, if you find anything offending, I'll apologize. I definitely don't mean that.

>>> "Of course your opinion matters"
+1
shinichi'sapprentice wrote:dumytru hasn't acted very 'evil-like', but that's his specialty though...
dumytru's Karaoke Project!
KaitoRizu

Post by KaitoRizu »

Warning long post because I kept adding stuff whenever I remembered something... I put part of it in spoiler boxes...
Raiden wrote:
KaitoRizu wrote:
Spoiler:
If for example Rai was wrong about Miya (like I was wrong about Stop) and she was BO my role would be leaked not by my own mistakes and I wouldn't really like that...
Spoiler:
I only did what I did because I was pretty certain the BO would win after my loverConiakai was kill+erased AND a BO used frighten confirming Pisco & Vodka since neither can do both the same phase. Besides, Stop had already told me when I contacted her yesterday she she had roleswapped with you, so since you were so careless with your own role if you were town I figured you would get APTXed today with you having been in contact with SA, and if BO it wouldn't matter. But if it makes you feel better, go right ahead and blame me for everything. I don't care. I had lost most hope of the town winning when Day 2 Tragedy happened. The last depleted when Coniakai was killed. :x
I don't understand why everyone trusted SA so much since it felt so obvious to me he was evil. A part of me wish SA had listened when I ask him to kill me N3 :v
Of course I won't blame you ^_^
I realize my mistake... I was a bit hasty and desperate and rushed into things without checking what I had to check... what happened is completely my fault... OTL

I was just saying (and hoping) that you'd at least ask me or tell me when it's about my own actions that's all... (this round is over but do it in the future please) since what you do and say can affect others in the game...

I was careless and gave away my own actions but I was very careful not to leak anything about my allies (I was even considering asking Link or Stop about Conia's frighten but I didn't do it even though I trusted them to make sure no one gets hurt because of it) and I was told that Stop and Link were allied but didn't tell them about each other (Stop even narrowed down Yuriko's kill for me, I told Link about the lead but didn't tell him who gave it)
If you check the BO logs too... there was something that surprised me (I totally didn't expect Stop to say that):
(PS: this is for fun and conversion sharing and nothing else)
Spoiler:
We were "narrowing down" Link's role for Stop to check for desguise :V (Stop claimed investigate at the time and I didn't want to outright say "Link is Eri"), she said he claimed interrogate (two roles: Shinichi (teen male), Conan (child male)) and she said it could've been a keyword making it three (the third being Eri, an adult female)

To find out she suggested age observe and according to BO logs expected me to tell her to have a gender observe and true... I was about to do that :P but I took another look at the rules and realized that age observe would still give her the result she wanted since Eri is the only adult and since she's the only female and the other two are male telling her to gender observe would make it obvious... (if Link is one of the two males gender observe would be useless)

So this is me being extra careful and telling my "most trusted ally" :V to look it up herself instead of just giving it away XD
Part of the reason I was reckless and gave things away to Link and Stop is that the only one talking to me in the same time zone was Stop... (as I said I tried talking with Meme but she completely ignored me... I said "can we ally?" And she didn't even say no OTL) and were talking almost all day long on IRC... contacting the other timezones for this game was very hard but Vampire Link the king of staying up managed to reply more than most people (and he was the first to ally me which is very Link... and everyone who talked to me mentioned being in contact with him which was also very Link... and no one pointed out anything suspicious at all (except Conia after Yuriko's death which is pretty late) so...
Fun fact: Stop was the first to ask and say "are you sure Link isn't Vermouth?" XD

/me facedesks at her terrible playing during this round OTL
Thanks for the SS Kamite! ;D
Spoiler: