Espionage - Round Nine - The Spy escapes

The home to DCTP Forum Mafia as well as any other type of random forum game that you can conjure up.
Memesu

Re: Espionage - Round Nine - The Spy escapes

Post by Memesu »

shinichi'sapprentice wrote::'(

*throws math at Meme*

I pointed fingers at the wrong person who had a similar list ;_;
*Slaps math aside* Yeah you did XD

Edit: Now I must sllep
Last edited by Memesu on April 21st, 2017, 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Umineko kickstarter soon
https://www.umineko.us/#

Secret santa gift from PT <3
Calling
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0569Wt-cZ0
shinichi'sapprentice
I NEED SLLEP

Post by shinichi'sapprentice »

[11:44] <+Memesy> Kamite died because of fish, just so you know
Jecka
I'm only tired 25/8, don't mind me

Post by Jecka »

Omg I forgot about this again (good job me)
In my defense I actually went out this morning and was gone until about 1:30EDT when I ate lunch. :V

Anyway, Yay Meme! Sorry I did nothing.
I still wish I died :V
3DS FC: 1435-4098-2557
Spoiler: Yay Nini! \o/
Usa-chan Man wrote: I am a rabbit, but at the same time, I am not.
Jecka: Those damn beavers
*Jecka sobs
Slider: Those DAM beavers? :V
Jecka: Slider no
KaitoRizu

Post by KaitoRizu »

Memesu wrote:@SA
I just looked at the votes and decided to start killing the ones that hadn't been voted, cause I figured everyone would try to vote outside of their lists. Kaitorizu just happened to be the first.
poor me :'(

good job Meme ;D try not to kill poor me first next time please :P kidding XD

So... anyone wants to play this again? :P I didn't get to play much since I died early and I really wanted to play it so... :P (also it's really fun)
Thanks for the SS Kamite! ;D
Spoiler:
Nemomon
This is my melody and it's just the raver's fantasy

Post by Nemomon »

I can play, but I would luke to make 1 suggestion - all the players should stop being anonym as long as the game is running. So all playets will know who is active and who is inactive.
My dad’s a soldier blue I’ll be a soldier, too
When I grow older you will see me rescue you
I’ll teach you this old song so you can sing along
When I am dead and gone the day won’t be so long.
dumytru

Post by dumytru »

@Rizu:Yes, we`ll have other rounds again soon.

Since it`s a little unbalanced and luck-based at the moment, I thought of some changes to the game.
Note: before reading the changes bellow, remember this is open to discussion and we should brainstorm about it. Espionage is a (our) community`s game.

1. Lists the civilians receive will only have the detective on it, and the other players will be chosen randomly.

2. Add a new role: detective-in-training.

3. WIN CONDITIONS:
Town - lynch the spy AND the informant.
Spy - Kill the detective & detrctive-in-training, then escape (same rules as before - escape after 2 or 1 phases, depending on how many players are left).

4. Informant is the same as before, but can after the spy dies, he gains the ability to execute (in essence, he takes the spy`s stead).

5. Detective-in-training won`t receive a list. As long as the detective is alive, he is a civilian without a list. After the detective dies, he will be able to investigate, unrestricted by the detective`s previous investigations. Neither the detective, nor the detective-in-training know each other roles and they cannot comunicate outside the thread.

If you have any questions, objections or suggestions, I will be waiting for them.

The goal of the above changes is to add some stability to the game once a key role dies, abd generally to add more factors into consideration when playing.
Last edited by dumytru on April 21st, 2017, 4:04 pm, edited 3 times in total.
shinichi'sapprentice wrote:dumytru hasn't acted very 'evil-like', but that's his specialty though...
dumytru's Karaoke Project!
dumytru

Post by dumytru »

Double post: I feel like I should stress out that this game is all about open accusations, so when you`re accused of something, you should address what you`re accused of and reason why you think the accusation is wrong. And definitely accuse people. Anything you find suspicious about what they dyd shoukd be discussed.

Edit: I used “accuse” so many times in this post. :D
shinichi'sapprentice wrote:dumytru hasn't acted very 'evil-like', but that's his specialty though...
Nemomon
This is my melody and it's just the raver's fantasy

Post by Nemomon »

If You want the players finf both the Spy and the Informant,the Informant must appear on all of lists. Otherwise the Civilians have to find 2 random peolle without having any clues about them. And frankly I dont like the idea that we have to find both of them. The Spy csn kill smarter people and what the Civilians can do? Nothing. Anf even their Detective is half-assed, and must spend years to find a single Spy. He will never find two.
My dad’s a soldier blue I’ll be a soldier, too
When I grow older you will see me rescue you
I’ll teach you this old song so you can sing along
When I am dead and gone the day won’t be so long.
Iwamoto Yuri
SPARKLES

Post by Iwamoto Yuri »

Wait, why would we remove the permanent spot for the informant?! We already have zero signs and a weakened Detective as is! Once the detective is dead, the civilians have zero things to use as a way to guide them because lists can be faked.

I'm not sure of the kill both informant and spy thing either, nor the detective in training addition. Shouldn't we figure out a way the civilians can do more than guess and randomly accuse?
3DS Friend Code: 1564-5101-4615
Yuri gets advice from little fairies, and is thereby not held responsible for any stupid action
pixiv | etsy | livestream
The Doctor wrote:There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.
The Doctor wrote:Remember: Hate is always foolish, and love is always wise.
Kamite
Just keep swimming. Just keep swimming.

Post by Kamite »

So Guess I have to Explain Things on My end Huh?.

So the fish comment was there for only one reason and that was to eliminate me as the informant and as the spy. I forgot about the rules that the Detective and Informant were on the list, and not Detective and Spy were on the list. If I wasn't on people's list I would be eliminated from being accused of both. Also to see people's reaction. Glad i wasn't accused of anything. I would have posted more, but work consumed me. I only suspected bash to be the spy because he was on top of my list. And like i said I thought the spy was on everyone's list. Other than i should keep notes on what people accusing of. Since Meme was just sitting back and enjoyed the show.

Also I felt this round being a bit too short too find the spy, even if the spy didn't talk much.
dumytru

Post by dumytru »

Nemomon wrote:If You want the players finf both the Spy and the Informant,the Informant must appear on all of lists. Otherwise the Civilians have to find 2 random peolle without having any clues about them. And frankly I dont like the idea that we have to find both of them. The Spy csn kill smarter people and what the Civilians can do? Nothing. Anf even their Detective is half-assed, and must spend years to find a single Spy. He will never find two.
If the informant is on all lists, he'd be easy to find. I'll explain bellow in more detail what would be going on.
Iwamoto Yuri wrote:Wait, why would we remove the permanent spot for the informant?! We already have zero signs and a weakened Detective as is! Once the detective is dead, the civilians have zero things to use as a way to guide them because lists can be faked.

I'm not sure of the kill both informant and spy thing either, nor the detective in training addition. Shouldn't we figure out a way the civilians can do more than guess and randomly accuse?
In essence, what I meant with those changes is that we'd have two spies and two detectives, but they can't act at the same time.
So the informant becomes the spy after the original spy dies, and the detective-in-training becomes detective after the original detective dies.
While town has to find two spies, the spies also have to find two detectives.

A problem with the game is that if the Spy or the Detective is killed early, the game ends too fast and there's not too much going on.
This should keep the game going long enough so people get to talk and be active.

Maybe instead of removing the informants, we should add detective-in-training to the lists (so that 3 slots in the lists are occupied).

PS: Right now I'm trying to explain better what I have in mind. I don't think those changes are necessarily good, but I want to make sure you understand what I mean (I've been in a discussion about a game design where people were thinking something completely different from me -actually, every single person had their own idea-, and we argued for about an hour.).

Another way we could go about this is add some new actions (to civilians), but that could be tricky to balance.
Maybe they can "visit" another player every number of phases. The action can have two results: "already visited this player" or "first time visiting this player".

Let's have this scenario:
Meme, the spy, kills Stopwatch Day 1 and bash, a civilian, visits Stopwatch Day 1. (his very first visit!!)
If bash ever visits Meme in the following, he will get "already visited this player", since they "already met" when they killed Stop.

*/me needs sleep right now*
Kleene Onigiri
Community Rice Warrior
*punches Akonyl*

Post by Kleene Onigiri »

congrats meme! :D
Keyhole drawn by Yuri Iwamoto <3
Spoiler: Secret Santa gift from Commi-Ninja <3
A Black Organization Christmas Carol (need to fix the link)
3DS Friend Code: 4141 3202 3514

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Giff holidays
Iwamoto Yuri
SPARKLES

Post by Iwamoto Yuri »

Ooh, that visiting sounds interesting o:
I might actually like that more since it gives the civilians more to do or look for.
And yes, I know you add an extra detective and spy, but if you leave one of them off the list we have even less things to look for than we do currently. It's already hard to figure out the spy with so little evidence to begin with, so instead of having a chance for the spy to randomly appear on lists, why not make sure they are the only one that doesn't?
3DS Friend Code: 1564-5101-4615
Yuri gets advice from little fairies, and is thereby not held responsible for any stupid action
pixiv | etsy | livestream
The Doctor wrote:There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.
The Doctor wrote:Remember: Hate is always foolish, and love is always wise.
Memesu

Post by Memesu »

@Kamite I'll have you know I was really stressed out the whole time :P
Umineko kickstarter soon
https://www.umineko.us/#

Secret santa gift from PT <3
Calling
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0569Wt-cZ0
dumytru

Post by dumytru »

Iwamoto Yuri wrote:Ooh, that visiting sounds interesting o:
I might actually like that more since it gives the civilians more to do or look for.
And yes, I know you add an extra detective and spy, but if you leave one of them off the list we have even less things to look for than we do currently. It's already hard to figure out the spy with so little evidence to begin with, so instead of having a chance for the spy to randomly appear on lists, why not make sure they are the only one that doesn't?
If the spy is NOT on the list, then it'd be quite easy to figure out who the spy is (if you take all the lists, there should be few players who aren't on all lists).

How about having either the Spy or the Informant or both on all lists?
Ah, I can't think of all the implications it would have. :-[

Maybe we should do small changes at a time and see how that works out? ???