Espionage - Round Nine - The Spy escapes

The home to DCTP Forum Mafia as well as any other type of random forum game that you can conjure up.
bash7353
部下の手柄は上司のもの
上司の失敗は部下の責任

Espionage - Round Nine - The Spy escapes

Post by bash7353 »

[align=center]Espionage - Round Nine[/align][/color]
Start of the game: 16th April 2017
Phase change time: 11:00 PDT, 14:00 EDT, 20:00 CEST

After Forum Mafia was revived, hopefully there are probably a few people who'd like to play some Espionage again. Or perhaps even some that have never played it before, and would like to try it!

Here's a link to the last round we played: ESPIONAGE: Round Eight

Like last time, we'll be using the Espionage Game Manager dumytru created to organise the round which means we don't need a human game master! You can find it here. Clicking on How To Play will show you a detailed explanation of how to operate the Game Manager, but most of it is quite intuitive and easy to understand. You can find the rules of the game in the second post in this topic.

In order to use the Game Manager, you need to register and log in. If you played last round and already have an account, you should still be able to use it. If you forgot your log in details - that's what happened to me - let us know, and we should be able to fix it.
Spoiler: 10221's How To Sign Up Guide
1. To get started, go to the Espionage Forums by visiting www.espionage.ml

2. Create an account by clicking 'Register' on the upper right corner of the Espionage Forums.

3. Click the 'I agree to these terms' button.

4. Fill out the boxes with any e-mail address and your desired password BUT make sure to use the exact same username you use in the DCTP Forums. You can also set your designated Timezone in this part.

5. Once you've hit the 'Submit' button on the above, you can now Login using your DCTP username and the password you've entered.

6. Next, click the 'User Control Panel' located on the upper left corner of the Espionage Forums.

7. Click on 'Profile'.

8. Click on 'Edit avatar'.

9. Upload the exact same avatar you are currently using in the DCTP Forums.

10. Once you've created your account in the Espionage Forums and uploaded your avatar, click the 'Espionage Manager' on the upper left corner just below 'Board Index' and then choose your spot to sign up!

You can follow this link to better familiarize yourself on how the Espionage Manager itself will work.
Useful links:
The Game Manager
Registering an account
Logging in
Last edited by bash7353 on April 21st, 2017, 2:01 pm, edited 7 times in total.
"Vad ska jag annars vara?" - "Det vet jag inte. Det måste du svara på. Men om du släpper allt du tror att du måste, och frågar dig vad du vill... Vad vill du då?"
描いた夢は叶わないことの方が多い
秀れた人を羨んでは自分が嫌になる
浅い眠りに押し潰されそう夜もある
優しい隣人が陰で牙を向いていたり

惰性で観てたテレビ消すみたいに生きることを時々辞めたくなる

人生は苦痛ですか 成功が全てですか
僕はあなたにあなたに ただ逢いたいだけ
信じたい嘘 効かない薬 帰れないサヨナラ
叫べ叫べ叫べ   逢いたいだけ
bash7353
部下の手柄は上司のもの
上司の失敗は部下の責任

Re: Espionage - Round Nine

Post by bash7353 »

General Overview

Roles and Objectives

Espionage revolves around the interplay between special roles that two players are assigned: the Spy and the Detective. The Spy's goal is to eliminate the Detective by whatever means possible, while the Detective's goal is to locate and lynch the Spy. The remaining players will be Civilians. Some of those have been corrupted and are to assist the Spy, they're the Informants. All other Civilians are to help the Detective.
So you can think of it like this: Detective and Civilians make up one team trying to kill the Spy, Spy and Informants make up another team trying to kill the Detective.

These are the four only roles in the game. There's one Detective, one Spy, a small number of Informants, and a lot of Civilians. How many Informants are in the game depends on the total number of players and is announced when the game begins. The roles are assigned randomly and aside from one exception you alone are informed of your role.

This is a game in which you are allowed to lie and players pretend to be roles they're not. You can rarely be certain if someone's telling the truth and it's often not easy to tell who's friend and who's foe.

Events Over The Course of The Game

The game consists of phases that are 24 hours long. Two important things happen at the end of every phase:
— A player might die at the hands of the Spy.
— A player might be lynched by the entire town.
Over the course of the phase every player is expected to send their vote using the Espionage Manager. Unless there is a tie, whoever receives the most votes is lynched. In addition to the vote the Spy can also use their Kill action, thereby eliminating a player. Players' roles are revealed upon death.

When the Spy dies the game ends in a Detective/Civilians win. When the Detective dies the remaining Civilians have two more phases in which they can try to find and lynch the Spy and win. If the Spy is still alive after those two phases, the game ends in a Spy/Informants win.

Rules

Roles and Their Abilities

Spy
Kill: Kills one player the Spy chooses to target.
Order: Sends a message of any length to all Informants.
Note: Order can be used every phase, including Prep Phase.
Spoiler: Rules applying to Order
An Informant's response to cues from the Spy received through the ability Order has to take place in the game topic and cannot involve anything outside of it, including posts in other topics elsewhere on the forum or the changing of signatures or altering any other profile information. Additionally, it must not be requested to edit posts for confirmation purposes.
Detective
Investigate: The Detective sends in the names of three players to be investigated one of which they'll learn is not the Spy. Since there is just one Spy in the game out of the three names submitted either two or all three are non-Spies. Which of those two or those three is returned is random.
Spoiler: Rules applying to Investigate
— Every player's name cannot be sent in more than two times.
— The Detective may not submit his or her own name.
— The number of players the Detective has investigated must be three, it cannot be more or less.
— If the Detective's submitted Investigate is invalid it fails. In that case there's no non-Spy revealed.
Informant
No abilities
The Informant learns the identity of the Spy when the game start.
If the Spy uses Order, all Informants still alive receive the message at phase change.

Civilian
No abilities
At the end of Prep Phase, every Civilian receives a list with a unique set of names of fellow players. Each contains the Detective's and all Informants' names among others.
Spoiler: How lists are generated
The number of names on each list depends on the total number of players in the game and is announced when the game starts. Aside from Detective and Informants who are on every list, names are randomly chosen from the remaining players, that is Spy and Civilians. All players assuming either the Spy's or a Civilian's role have the same chance of appearing on a list, the Spy isn't any more or less likely to than any Civilian. The only player who cannot appear on a list is the Civilian receiving it.
With the exception of Order, all abilities mentioned above cannot be used in Prep Phase. Use is optional any Day phase.

Each Day phase every player, no matter what role they've been assigned, has to cast a vote for any player still alive. Whoever receives the most votes will be lynched. Specific rules:
— You may not abstain.
— You have to vote a player who is alive as of the phase the vote is cast. Voting a dead player or someone who isn't even playing is invalid. You may vote yourself.
— Ties cancel the lynching.
— If you fail to send in a valid vote in time, you'll automatically vote yourself.
— Votes are made public regardless of ties. Results don't indicate if a player voted him or herself due to no valid vote having been submitted or not.

Order of Abilities

At the end of every phase the lynching always takes place before the Spy's Kill ability. That means even if you are killed, your vote still goes through. If the Spy intends to Kill the player receiving the most votes, the ability has no effect as the target will already have been lynched. In that case, additionally to the votes, who was lynched, and their role, it is announced that no one died. Phase change results don't specify if the above-mentioned is what happened or if the Spy decided not to kill.

Gameplay

— You are not allowed to discuss the game in private messages with other players as long as either you or they are alive. The only place to discuss it is this topic.
— Once you have been killed by the Spy or lynched, you are dead and therefore considered 'out of the game'. From that point forward you can no longer use your abilities or vote, and are to stop discussing the game in this topic or influence the game in any way until it ends. You are allowed to talk about the game with other players that have died.
— In order to vote or use your abilities, just go to the 'Actions' section of the Espionage Manager. If you want to change vote or use of an ability, you can do so as long as the phase is still ongoing.
— It is advised to ask any questions you may have concerning any rules before the game starts since there will be no human GM to assist you in this round once the game begins.

Guidelines

— Do not attempt to participate with more than one username. This is grounds for permanent banning from any and all future games.
— You may not quote, screenshot, or otherwise duplicate or showcase messages from the Espionage Manager to prove your role, actions, or results.
— Encrypted codes, invisible text or any other attempt to hide information in your posts are forbidden, except for evil players (Spy & Informants) >:D This also means that players shouldn't try to use references only some people will understand (insider information, so to speak).

What to Keep in Mind

— You are allowed to share details of your list publicly, but while it may help identify Informants you might be helping the Spy find the Detective. It is up to you if you want to reveal whole or parts of lists publicly, and if what you claim is even true. But always consider that you are not just talking to your allies, your opponents are listening as well.
— As Spy it is generally considered advisable to use Order to figure out who the Informants are, so as to prevent to accidentally kill an ally. Usually, orders among other things include the request to post messages in the game topic that are framed a certain way, so the Spy can tell who was on the receiving end of the order.
— While the ability is referred to as Order, Informants are not obligated to comply. They can evaluate the situation themselves and might decide to disobey if they see fit.
— Unlike Mafia, in Espionage you cannot leave any wills to be published upon your death.
— Unlike some previous rounds, in this round no partial lists are revealed upon a Civilian's death.

Lastly, I'm not making this a rule, but I would ask players to be careful when it comes to editing. From the second something is posted, it's possible another player has seen it. If that has happened, it would be unfair to withhold that information from players who haven't seen it yet by editing it out or deleting it. If you have an additional thought shortly after posting and you don't wanna start a new post just for that, go ahead and add a paragraph and indicate that it was edited. If you realize you've referred to the Spy as Detective and your entire post doesn't make sense or is misleading because of that, change the word and indicate what you corrected. Doing that is okay. But please refrain from deleting parts of your messages.
"Vad ska jag annars vara?" - "Det vet jag inte. Det måste du svara på. Men om du släpper allt du tror att du måste, och frågar dig vad du vill... Vad vill du då?"
描いた夢は叶わないことの方が多い
秀れた人を羨んでは自分が嫌になる
浅い眠りに押し潰されそう夜もある
優しい隣人が陰で牙を向いていたり

人生は苦痛ですか 成功が全てですか
僕はあなたにあなたに ただ逢いたいだけ
信じたい嘘 効かない薬 帰れないサヨナラ
叫べ叫べ叫べ   逢いたいだけ
bash7353
部下の手柄は上司のもの
上司の失敗は部下の責任

Post by bash7353 »

For now, the starting date is 16th April 2017. Below are options for phase change time. As we don't have a human game master whose schedule we'd need to consider, we can have all players decide that. Let us know which time or times are best for you!

Option A (3 votes): KaitoRizu, cinnamoroll, Kamite

Option B (7 votes): KaitoRizu, cinnamoroll, bash7353, Stopwatch, Kamite, Nemomon, Memesu

Option C (5 votes): cinnamoroll, bash7353, Kleene Onigiri, Stopwatch, MoonRaven

If neither option is good for you, specify what would be.

You can already sign up by logging in to the Game Manager and clicking on the position and number that you want on the player poster. Click here to get to the poster. That is also explained in the How To Play section. There is a tentative starting date already specified, but that will still change when we know what phase change time is best for players.
Last edited by bash7353 on April 15th, 2017, 3:19 pm, edited 5 times in total.
描いた夢は叶わないことの方が多い
秀れた人を羨んでは自分が嫌になる
浅い眠りに押し潰されそう夜もある
優しい隣人が陰で牙を向いていたり

人生は苦痛ですか 成功が全てですか
僕はあなたにあなたに ただ逢いたいだけ
信じたい嘘 効かない薬 帰れないサヨナラ
叫べ叫べ叫べ   逢いたいだけ
dumytru

Post by dumytru »

It's here \o/
shinichi'sapprentice wrote:dumytru hasn't acted very 'evil-like', but that's his specialty though...
dumytru's Karaoke Project!
Jecka
I'm only tired 25/8, don't mind me

Post by Jecka »

Hmmmmmmm
Fine I'll join.
I'll be dead by the third night probably....*goes to join*
3DS FC: 1435-4098-2557
Spoiler: Yay Nini! \o/
Usa-chan Man wrote: I am a rabbit, but at the same time, I am not.
Jecka: Those damn beavers
*Jecka sobs
Slider: Those DAM beavers? :V
Jecka: Slider no
Iwamoto Yuri
SPARKLES

Post by Iwamoto Yuri »

I'm in!
3DS Friend Code: 1564-5101-4615
Yuri gets advice from little fairies, and is thereby not held responsible for any stupid action
pixiv | etsy | livestream
The Doctor wrote:There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.
The Doctor wrote:Remember: Hate is always foolish, and love is always wise.
Kamite
Just keep swimming. Just keep swimming.

Post by Kamite »

Im in too
MoonRaven
DCTP's 赤死
-
Cbox: Akai Tsuki
-
The paranoid and homicidial townie of DCTP Mafia

Post by MoonRaven »

Hmm... I think I'll join too. It'll be nice to play this for a change.

(now if only I'd remember the password to Esp. Manager...)
The Eleventh Doctor wrote:Never ignore coincidence. Unless you are busy. Then always ignore the coincidence.
My dA
My AO3
My FF
My Tumblr
Dream or Not finished at 72 chapters

Chapter 33 of Leap to Relatively Unknown updated 12.9.20

Chapter 8 of the sequel, Leaping into the Dream updated 6.10.19

Chapter 2 of The Crow's Song updated 19.7.18
KaitoRizu

Post by KaitoRizu »

I'm in! I'll register next morning though since the internet would be faster

about time options options A ans B are better for me
Thanks for the SS Kamite! ;D
Spoiler:
cinnamoroll
Making the world a sweeter place :)

Post by cinnamoroll »

Signed up! \o/

I'm ok with the day and any of the times you posted.
Spoiler: Awesome Christmas present from Kain <3
Spoiler: KL's cute Christmas present ^^
Spoiler: Cute Christmas present by Stoppy ^^
Spoiler: PT <3
Spoiler: Jeck's Frosty :3
bash7353
部下の手柄は上司のもの
上司の失敗は部下の責任

Post by bash7353 »

I prefer Options B and C.

It might be helpful if everyone upload the profile picture they're using here on DCTP to the Game Manager as well, so we have all the avatars on the poster there. The Spoiler Box in the first message of the topic explains how to do that.
描いた夢は叶わないことの方が多い
秀れた人を羨んでは自分が嫌になる
浅い眠りに押し潰されそう夜もある
優しい隣人が陰で牙を向いていたり

人生は苦痛ですか 成功が全てですか
僕はあなたにあなたに ただ逢いたいだけ
信じたい嘘 効かない薬 帰れないサヨナラ
叫べ叫べ叫べ   逢いたいだけ
Kleene Onigiri
Community Rice Warrior
*punches Akonyl*

Post by Kleene Onigiri »

I'm the spy \o/

I like option C, but I don't really care what time in the end :V XD
Keyhole drawn by Yuri Iwamoto <3
Spoiler: Secret Santa gift from Commi-Ninja <3
A Black Organization Christmas Carol (need to fix the link)
3DS Friend Code: 4141 3202 3514

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Giff holidays
Stopwatch

Post by Stopwatch »

I'm good with B or C for phase change.

EDIT: Kleene no that ava D:
Terry Pratchett wrote: The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.
bash7353 wrote:I kind of always assumed that Haneda's parents might've had names.
Spoiler: Box full of stuff
Write a Will
Some year's SS by Abs. :D
DCW SS from Anime Girl 4 Eva]
Thanks, cinna ^^
Image[/spoiler]
Kleene Onigiri
Community Rice Warrior
*punches Akonyl*

Post by Kleene Onigiri »

Stopwatch wrote: EDIT: Kleene no that ava D:
XD
It was actaully still there from my last espionage game :D teehee
Keyhole drawn by Yuri Iwamoto <3
Spoiler: Secret Santa gift from Commi-Ninja <3
A Black Organization Christmas Carol (need to fix the link)
3DS Friend Code: 4141 3202 3514

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Giff holidays
dumytru

Post by dumytru »

You can change your avatar in the poster by changing it on the forums (as seen in SA's guide). After that simply leave and re-join the game.
It won't change automatically (for poster consistency reasons). (:
shinichi'sapprentice wrote:dumytru hasn't acted very 'evil-like', but that's his specialty though...
dumytru's Karaoke Project!