We are using KangarooGirl's wonderful FORUM MAFIA TOPIC
for the rules. PLEASE
review these rules, especially actions, orders of actions, statuses, etc. that have to do with your role! Pretty much everything you'd ever want to ask is in there.
If you can't find something, or if you have any questions or need clarification about anything during the game, PM me and I'll give you an answer. But please look for it in the rules first!
RULE CHANGES FOR ROUND 61
These are the rule changes just for this round. There aren't many. If something said here conflicts with something in the Forum Mafia thread, believe this thread over that one. As always, if you're not sure, don't just guess--PM me and I'll clear it up.Travel
- Role with action: Hakuba, Sherry
- Day/Night action
- The player will begin the game in Japan.
- To travel, the player sends a travel order to the GM (whether it's during Night or Day) and the traveler will remain out of the country for the entirety of the following
phase. The player may then resume using actions and be acted upon normally the phase right after.Example:
CTU (Hakuba) decides on D1 that he would like to travel. He PMs the GM at the end of D1 asking to Travel, and he will then be out of Japan during the entirety of N2. At the start of D2, Hakuba will be back in the country as normal. Likewise, if he requests to travel during a Night phase, he will be out of the country during the following Day phase.
- When a player is out of the country, the only actions that can affect them are Arrest, Bribe, and APTX. Discombobulate, Frighten, House Search, Detain, and Face Pinch will NOT affect players while they are out of the country.
- Once again, travel will not affect APTX. Should the Black Org send the correct APTX on the traveler, it will go through whether the traveler is in Japan or not. Same for arrest; a player out of the country can be arrested.
- Any abilities used on a player who is out of the country except Arrest, Bribe, and APTX will fail, and the player who used them will receive a "fail" for ALL their results as if Discombobulated.
- A player out of Japan is treated as if they were "arrested" as far as not being able to be killed (except by Bribe or APTX), not being able to use any actions, and not being able to vote.
- Leaving Japan: The player may not use an ability/vote and also travel in the same phase. They must either decide to travel or
use their abilities--not both.- On the phase when the player hands in the travel notice, they are NOT immune to kill/lynch/detain/House Search/Face Pinch/Discombobulate/Frighten. Any of these things canstop a player from handing in a travel notice. It is only when they are already out of Japan that the player becomes immune to these actions.
- Players have a limited number of Travel tickets. They will start with 2 and will gain one more every 3 day/night cycles. So one will be given out on Night 4 and the next will be given out on Night 7 and so on.Protect
- Role with action: Ran, Sera
- Day/Night action, can be covered
- Protect/Lovey-Dovey/Snipe Guard is handled as the same action when investigated/staked-out- May choose to Protect ANY NUMBER OF PEOPLE during Day phases. If any one of the people she decides to protect is going to get lynched, the protector will jump in and stop the lynching. The lynching votes will not be shown. The person saved will receive a notice that he/she was saved from being lynched.- Day Protect is limited to ONE SUCCESSFUL USE. That is, Ran/Sera may attempt to protect a person or group of people each Day, but once they actually save a person from being lynched, they may no longer Protect during Day phases.
- Ran/Sera will NOT be injured after a successful Day Protect. The only penalty for success is not being able to use the action again.
- May also choose one individual to Protect at night. If said individual is about to be killed by the BO, he again Protects the individual. The target in this case learns that he was Protected. Neither the Protected individual nor the Protector will learn the identity of the attacker. If sniped, the target survives, but the protector dies in their place.
- If the protector successfully protects someone during a Night phase, they'll get temporarily injured
for 2 phases and can't protect anybody or use any other abilities for that time. But they can still talk freely and vote. An Injured protector MAY NOT be healed and lose her Injured status this way.
- If discombobulated while protecting, the protection will fail and they don't Protect the person.
- Can't protect anyone from APTX. Day Protect can only protect from lynching.
- May not protect themselves. MAY protect each other.
- Lovey Dovey > Snipe Guard > Watch protection > Protect > Heal > First Aid
Example: If Ran protects successfully N1 and becomes temporarily injured, she will be injured for D1 and N2, and will be able to protect again D2.