Espionage - Round 5 (Spy and Informants Win)

The home to DCTP Forum Mafia as well as any other type of random forum game that you can conjure up.
shinichi'sapprentice
User avatar

I NEED SLLEP

Posts: 9189

Re: Espionage - Round 5 (Game ends)

Postby shinichi'sapprentice » May 12th, 2014, 9:47 pm

okay. i kinda edited my post above ↑ --edit: oops. this post is already in the new page so it's not 'above' anymore xD i guess you should go back to previous page ;D 'coz i thought people are still sleeping to read my post xD
so, people who have already read it, read it again xD

Togop wrote:OK, here's the game from my POV.

Prep phase:
OK, I'm informant, dumytru's the spy. Nice.

SA proposes fake investigate: it'd be better for the spy if we did that, as analyzing whose fake investigates people pay more attention to could show who's on their lists, if they try to infer information from them while the detective is still alive. The detective can use covert ways to share his/her investigation results even if we don't use FI; but FI would give info to the spy. I decide to make a post slightly against using FI, without being adamant about not using it.
hoho... i've been very very watchful of people who outright disagreed with fake investigate. xD hrmm... Let's see. you especially! you were the one who originally came up with the strategy! (round 4) so if you disagree with it now, then... >:D PREP PHASE is a very crucial phase and i needed it to gather as much information as i can. i liked that googleearth decided to distribute the lists on D1. i initially wanted to oppose that but saw a great use of it. at prep phase, ALL CIVILIANS are as clueless as the spy, informants, and detective for the rest of the game. so i needed to see more people talking. and then as soon as i receive my list, i just have to check what each of those seven players said at prep phase. and even if the informants chose to not speak at prep phase, then their posts at D1 onwards will just get a red flag from me >:D but if the informant/s chose to shut up for the rest of the game, then dammit. xD

and the bolded one ↑ i'm glad that my fellow civilians did a good job on providing fake investigates \o/ i tell you, it's very hard!!! @D3 and D4, i wasn't sure anymore who to label as not spy. i had to be very very careful. heh... you're right. there are other ways on how the detective can share his investigates without us doing fake investigates... i think someone said that, too... who was it... *looks for it* oh! it's dumytru! the spy! xD and oh, about the people who immediately agreed to fake investigates,.. MoonRaven and Kleene Onigiri. phew. good thing Kleene very much agreed with me or else MoonRaven would have been in danger already. i thought that Kleene was the detective but when she forgot to vote at D3, i had to reconsider because that's just terrible of a detective if you forgot to do so! and since she said she forgot, i thought she forgot to send her investigates as well. she didn't post anymore fake investigates which got me uneasy. but then if she post a fake investigate at that phase when she forgot to vote, then the spy and informant will already cross her out of possible detective? so i guess her actions that time is plausible.
Togop wrote:SA proposes not to speak day 1. Can't be serious; I'd disregard that regardless of my role, so I disregard it. Sicne SA has already crossed it over and said he's not proud of it, no need to comment.
seriously. i didn't think this would be useful for me! but then, the only people who agreed with me here is.......... the detective and spy!!! xD oh, dumytru! you're such an awesome spy! xD i wouldn't go into details what happened here... >:D

Togop wrote:Day 1:
Order: Two emoticons in first post, none in second post. If I want to tell the spy I suspect someone, use the keywords kinda and acting.
OK, ID order's a little obvious; especially since I don't normally use emoticons. Let's hope nobody will catch up.
I simply forgot to vote that day. That's why self vote.
this!!!!!!!!! PhantomWriter was the first D1 poster. the smiley was a red flag. and then... about seven hours after, a certain someone used another smiley!!!!! that was so not you, Togop! xD back that up with the self-vote! so, it was either you were really busy,.. but if you were detective, then the self-vote's just terrible! if you were just a regular civilian, another red flag you're not acting yourself! because,.. Togop don't make that kind of mistakes! xD so, i kinda have you pinned down as the other informant. now, i'm not so sure anymore if it was a good decision to not point out the smileys as the order. i think i already explained why i didn't in my above ↑ post. i just know i needed you to talk more because you're the other informant.

Togop wrote:Day 2:
Order: dumytru has mistaken Jecka for the second informant; she also accidentally completed the ID order.

SA is posting investigate results in transparent. Probably trying to fake being a detective as he always does, but there's a chance he's actually the detective, so he needs to die.
I decide to pretend to be civillian who thinks SA is the detective, hoping to use that to look more trustworthy in the future. I didn't think that, since the detective is on people's lists, doing so could clue him that I have no list. Anyway, I could have a list containing SA, no?
As such, I decide to point discretely to the fact that I've seen his transparent investigate, and that was the reason for saying "Don't. It's too obvious" (that's what a civillian who thinks SA's the detective would say, I think) and then used the word transparent with the names of Fuji, Kleene and Raifu. I also said something with SA, kinda and acting to get SA killed in case he's not faking being the detective. Even if he was, I didn't know the real detective, so killing SA was the best shot.
I voted for Jellitto because she had a lot of votes day 1.
so, somebody saw my fake investigates? \o/ i didn't see anybody mentioning my fake investigates. even the real detective didn't quote/repeat it in her last report before she died. but you know, if you're a civilian, you shouldn't tell people/point out in any way who you think is detective. (like i did with Fujiwara in R2, Stopwatch at R3--though she wasn't at that time, and Kleene, this round) "some things are better left unsaid" ;D so, people not talking about my invisible investigates had me thinking... did i sound like a detective that much that people aren't talking about it and they're trying to protect me by being quiet? just how often did i appear on others' lists for them to think that i'm detective??! OR... they just didn't see it at all xD :D

oh. when you said "Don't. It's too obvious", i thought it's because:
1. you're the real detective and i'm doing a terrible job with what i'm doing... xD
2. you're the informant >:D and you're commenting on me suspecting Fujiwara and not my invisible investigates xD damn. i should have known, you're talking about the investigates. if you're on the good side, i thought you were saying that we're thinking of the same thing... but now, i'm not gonna point that thing i thought we both were thinking >:D

Togop wrote:Day 3:
OK, dumytru hasn't seen I'm his second informant and hasn't killed SA. And, he wants the second informant Jecka (or someone else if he's mistaken) to confirm herself using kinda and acting. I'd just done that last round, so that's going to be too obvious in addition to emoticons if someone pays attention to my posts. Also, the no-kill was an experiment, no real reason.

Anyway, I comply, and point SA as suspicious using kinda and acting.

I also try to invent a reason for the no-kill and post my analysis. If dumytru wants to do no-kill, let's at elast get people's attention to it.

Nothing of interest happened this day. I remember having a reason to clear MoonRaven in an FI. When voting, I forgot about my FI and voted MR. I don't remember why I voted that; but the reason I voted for the person I cleared with FI was simply a mistake. I didn't think he was the detective. In fact, I'd been too busy to make any thinking whatsoever, and I'd simply been focused on trying not to leave anythink that could link me and dumytru.
I once again said mentioned SA's name along with kinda and strange, bith to ID myself and
yes! your MoonRaven fake investigate! that was the last piece of evidence i needed to confirm you're not detective so i don't have to bother protecting you in case you were the real detective. you cleared her out of not being spy but you voted her next day. xD i didn't try telling the others that you're the informant because you still hadn't given me enough information on who your spy is >:D and i'm still pretending to be detective so i have to act as detective.

Togop wrote:Day 4:
OK, dumy now knows I'm the informant. He says he finds SA suspicious and asks me to use looking+like if I think he should be killed. I do, as I still am not sure if he's faking or actual detective, and I don't suspect anyone to be detective.
SA, this should explain to you why I said "SA is looking loke civillian so far"; but since I had decided to play a civillian who thinks you're the detective, that made sense to say anyway.
Vote MR for consistency with last day. This time I had already noticed I had him as non-spy in my fake investigate, but nothing I could do about that. Best case, someone may think I'm a detective trying to escape the spy's notice.

Then I went camping for a day.
oh. you guys still hadn't outed MoonRaven as detective, eh? yeah, i explained in my above ↑ post about you saying the "SA is looking loke civillian so far"

Togop wrote:Day 6:
When I get back, SA was killed, detective MR was lynched, then next day there had been a tie. Lucky. But I had been outed as informant. I considered trying to mind-screw somehow, but that's not my strength, and nobody was suspecting dumytru, so no point. THen people suddenly started suspecting dumytru, but if I interfered at that point it would have done more bad then good.
xD i was waiting for you to do this! to see if you're capable of it... xD and you weren't online the rest of the day and i thought you just didn't go online because your job is done already

----------------------------
Togop wrote:So SA, you got yourself killed this time by pretending to be detective. However, I don't see what you gain from doing so. It would gain the detective a day only if the spy team actually suspects the actual detective, too. In this case, we didn't, so we didn't lose a day by killing you.
you said it. another day for the detective to gain more investigate results. more civilians to be outed as not spy and narrow down the spy suspects on as few names as possible. and i'm never afraid to die because there's always you(but in this case, you're the informant so... >:D ), Jd-, Fujiwara, Stopwatch, and others that may be able to save the day. and i'm not just talking about this round but also past rounds and future rounds. before this round started, if i was spy, i was thinking, if i should target the inactives and have fun myself debating with the actives, or massacre all the actives and teach the inactives a lesson to go ahead and share their own deductions and not just depend on the more active people. >:D

Togop wrote:MR, and everyone in fact, why post only the cleared person when posting the FIs. If you would do something to give the spy team info, get as much as you can from it, by posting the three names investigated and the person cleared. That actually provides some useful info, especially if someone was not cleared twice in a row. If it's only the people cleared, the detective has ways to covertly post them without others posting FIs.
this!!!!!!!!!!! i kinda got scared when i saw that i'm the only one giving three names... was the detective scared too??? don't be! we have two days to think about things and giving us a lot of information as much as you can is your job! especially when you think you're about to die, don't just defend yourself. oh, well...

and yeah, the only time i suspected dumytru was when he posted his fake list(i was already dead). when i started rereading everything he said so far from the start until the end... it all made sense... xD
Jecka
User avatar

I'm only tired 25/8, don't mind me

Posts: 3371

Contact:

Re: Espionage - Round 5 (Game ends)

Postby Jecka » May 12th, 2014, 10:12 pm

Ahahahahahaha :V
So me at about 3 pm: Oh I should probably send in my vote. *gets distracted*
rest of time: *still distracted/doing chores*
~10 mins ago: Omg D: I'm 5 hours late.

So I realize that this may make me seem like I'm the spy, but I assure you I'm not. And if you'd like to vote me for not bringing anything to the table, go ahead, but you still won't get much out of it except one less person to suspect as the spy. :V

Edit: I'm totally sleep deprived. :VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV
3DS FC: 1435-4098-2557
Spoiler: Yay Nini! \o/
Image

Usa-chan Man wrote: I am a rabbit, but at the same time, I am not.
Jecka: Those damn beavers
*Jecka sobs
Slider: Those DAM beavers? :V
Jecka: Slider no

Image
Togop
Posts: 227

Re: Espionage - Round 5 (Game ends)

Postby Togop » May 12th, 2014, 11:17 pm

@SA
I'd like to say that I honestly don't think FI is a good strategy for civillians. I was a spy when I proposed it. I didn't speak against it because I was informant; I would have even if I was civillian or detective.
- It outs, on average, one person per day as non-detective
- It lets civillians use the FIs by people on their list even when the detective is still alive. However, that clues the spy on to who's on their list.
- It lets the detective share his findings, but he/she could share most of them anyway. True, that way he/she could also share the names of people that weren't cleared when investigated, but that's not a good enough advantage in light of the above two drawbacks.

As for your FIs, did you really not notice all the hints I gave you throughout the game that I saw them. In addition to thosep posts you quoted (which were both intended to hint to you that I've read your FI without letting anyone who hasn't seen them know about them - after all, as you said nobody would point them out to everybody) there was also this
Togop wrote:SA is looking like civillian so far (either that or a very crafty informant), as do Yuri Iwamoto, Miyano Shiho, and KleeneOnigiri.

Which lists the people you cleared in your FIs, basically.


Finally, I don't think pretending to be a detective has a good chance to help. As I already said, it didn't delay us at all this game, because we didn't know who the actual detective was. And I find it hard to come up with a scenario when such a tactic would actually end up earning the detective one round. For that to happen,the spy needs to suspect both you and the detective at the same time, and when wondering who to kill, end up choosing you. The timing simply wouldn't work most of the time.
dumytru
User avatar
Posts: 964

Re: Espionage - Round 5 (Game ends)

Postby dumytru » May 13th, 2014, 12:21 am

------------------------------------
Yuri Iwamoto wrote:
dumytru wrote:All right! I decided to go with Fuji's reasoning and vote for Yuri.

Make sure you say who you'll vote for, so that the last players sending the vote can make sure not to tie.

[spoiler]ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR MIND?!
I'm not sure you noticed but I actively started seeking out the spy this phase and barely even had time to vote in previous phases due to life sucking ass. Do you think I could have had time to look through the topic and see who my Informants we're let alone give them orders smart enough to not make me suspicious? I only had time to do stuff thanks to finally having a free weekend, (even though I mostly spent Saturday sleeping and working.

nevermind, who am I kidding. Fine, vote me, believe Fujiwara and kill a civilian who's been too caught up in life to keep up with what was happening until... erm, this phase?

Also, thank you if you guys kill me..[/spoiler]
.... Sorry for this rant, I'm just really, really tired....



Sorry about this Yuri. I did thatonly because I was the Spy, I wouldn't have voted you otherwise.
You did seem like a Civilian (though you can't trust anyone in this game).




If somebody wants to read the actual orders, go ahead.

Order Prep Phase (note that the Infromants read the order only when D1 began)
[spoiler]
The Spy wrote:Hello, Informants!

Here's my order for Prep Phase.
Informant #1, you shall use a single emoticon of your own choice in your very first post of Day 1. In the second post, please avoid using emoticons at all.
If there are others who used only one emoticon in their first post of Day 1 and used none in their second post, it's alright! I'll create a list of them, and I'll narrow it down in Day 2.

Informant #2, your order is identical to Informant #1, but you'll have to use two emoticons in your very post of Day 1.
You'll still use none in you second post.

Note: Since you probably wonder which number are you, I'm going to make it clear. You have to figure that out yourselves. Think of it as a metagame between you two.

First check if there's anybody who used a single emoticon in their first-post.
If there's no single-emoticon first-post, then you shall be Informant #1, otherwise do the #2 order.

Even if you do the same order, as I said, I will put you on a list, then narrow it down later.
Though honestly, single emoticon in first post and none in second is pretty rare, so shouldn't be problems there.

If we end up implementing SA's idea about not posting anything at all, then the identification orders are obviously useless.
I might have to give up killing in Day 1.



Note that from now on I'll tell you how you can comunicate with me during the game. You may use them creatively, trying to send me a different message. You can use them for identification, but then I'd run short on ways to cominucate with you during the game. Ultimately, it's up to you.



If you have any kind of questions, or my order doesn't make any sense, then you'll have to tell me in the topic (so that I'll try to be more precise in future orders) and read the order again until it makes sense.

How to say that the orders are unclear: point out that Togop's and googleearth's images are not used in SA's poster (link).
If you unsure about the orders, then do what I just said, and that only.
If you have a question or message, also include this link:
http://forums.dctp.ws/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=12267&start=15#p812005 (or the links to the images in that post), pointing out that they can be used in the poster.
To get the message across, try to include a hint of it. You can do it in the main body of the post, then write the key-message in the post scriptum ( "PS: The poster doesn't..." )



How to tell me that you have suspicions on someone: Say "[detective_suspect] is kinda acting strange".
The keywords are kinda and strange. Use them as you will (the above is just an example).
You may use "kind of" instead of "kind of" if it doesn't suit you.

If one of you used that pair of keywords, then they shall be changed.

Keywords ( the change shall be in this order)
1) "kinda", "acting"
2) "looking", "like
3) "strange" or "wierd", "point"

I might add other pairs of keywords in the future orders if you used them all. If I haven't done so by the time you used the thirs, use either.

I know it's a lot, but please read it through.
[/spoiler]
[spoiler]
Day 2 Order wrote:Today I'm lazy to write as much as yesterday.


So, as of now, the informants are PhantomWriter and Jecka.

Yuri and Togop also are on my list; but I have to believe, as informants, you wanted to do the order as soon as possible, so you're either PhantomWriter or Jecka.

If I got it wrong, please use one of the ways to contact me I sent you in the previous order.


As for the confirmation that you are, indeed, the informants (Jecka and PhantomWriter), please use no emoticon in the first post of Day 2.
And, if you will, you can include one of those keywords [optional]: "day" or "night" or "expecting" or "whatever".


Let's kill the Detective! But not too soon. I'd be boring if we killed him/her right away.
Don't forget, if you think you figured who the Detective is, use the method from the previous order.
[/spoiler]
[spoiler]
D2 Order wrote:Ooooh, I was right that PhantomWriter is an informant.

Now, Jecka voted for him.
I still think you are Jecka, but I need confirmation.

For confirmation, please use both "acting" and "kinda" in your first post of Day 3.
Even if you are not Jecka, do that.

I haven't killed anyone today. This isn't because I'm not entirely sure who you are.
You can say I'm experimenting. How will people react? How much confusion will it cause? Will it help me somehow?
Of course, avoiding to kill you is a plus.

Tomorrow I'm going to get to "agressive" mode.
This mean I'll try to find the Detective with all I got.

That's all from me now. I hope I'm not forgetting anything.

Oh right. We can't afford ties in the voting. If you think nobody's suspecting us, you can vote together with me.
You can also vote me, depending on how many votes I get in D2. It may help to avoid suspicions.

Let's kill the Detective! ASAP.
[/spoiler]
[spoiler]
D3 Order wrote:Oh, great. A tie.

It looks like you are Togop, after all.
Anyway, you were on my list (as I stated in D1 order), so I wan't going to kill you by accident.

I want your opinion on SA. I think he might be the Detective.
He proposed the fake investigation, but he isn't doing it. It could be because he doesn't want to risk.
Obviously it's just a hunch.

If you think I should kill him tomorrow, use both "looking" and "like".

If you think he's suspect, but I shouldn't kill him yet, use "strange" and "point".

If you think he's not the Detective, or is likely he isn't, use none of the above.

It doesn't matter if you do it in your first post of D4. You may change your anytime :)

That's all from me for now!
[/spoiler]
[spoiler]
D4 Order wrote:
Yo!

Today I'm too lazy to write anything at all.
Right now there are 2.5 hours until the phase end.
I hope SA is the Detective.
If he isn't, then it might take a while before we find him/her.

For tomorrow codes:
Just use both "strange" [or "wierd"] and "point" if you have a player you want me to kill.

If you have any other message you want to send me, hint it somehow in one of your posts, I'll read them carefully.

[/spoiler]
[spoiler]
Last Order wrote:
If things keep going like that we're going to win.

*you don't really have to read this, I'm just writing down what I'm thinking at the moment*

Are you not posting anything because you are busy or you don't want to let anything out?

This order is a nice oportunity to send a message to all the players, but I'm not sure what I should say.
Obviously it should be something that makes me less suspicious, but it looks like I'm not suspicious anyway [for now].

I'm for the first time on the spy-side.
I never thought it'd be this hard. You have to watch out for everything you say.
And as an informant you must make sure not to leave a trace to the Spy.

You did awesome! Thanks.

[/spoiler]



I still have to edit the "diary".
Oh, I actually got suspected yesterday. Probably because I suddenly got inactive.
If that's true, then it's a silly reason (I was really busy).




@ SA, oh, the fake list.
It's actually hard to create a list like that.
I wrote it and pressed "Submit", and then "Oh god, I should edit it, but if anybody saw it I'm dead".

At first I thought it was a good idea to play around with dead-players' name, but no.
I had two people alive on my list at the time.

[spoiler]1. shinichi'sapprentice <- Kill D4
2. MoonRaven <- Detective
3. Togop <- Informant
4. PhantomWriter <- Informant

5. Jellitto <- Kill D3
6. Kleene Onigiri <- Nobody died D2
7. RoboG55 <-Kill D1[/spoiler]

Oh, I'm running late for school. I'll end this now. Tonight I'm doing the poster and the Diary.


Quick edit: Togop, in D2 (I think it was two), you used indeed kinda (twice), but I checked a couple of times and I didn't see "acting".
Last edited by dumytru on May 13th, 2014, 2:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
shinichi'sapprentice wrote:dumytru hasn't acted very 'evil-like', but that's his specialty though...


dumytru's Karaoke Project!
Jd-
DCTP Staff Member
User avatar
Posts: 6187

Re: Espionage - Round 5 (Game ends)

Postby Jd- » May 13th, 2014, 12:33 am

Lesson to be learned here: Togop has officially gone over to the Dark Side, looks like.

Really a great round to read. I wasn't sure who to suspect, but it was definitely nice to watch play out. From the outside, it's kind of like some sort of theater production where everyone is accusing everyone else of a murder that hasn't even taken place. So, yeah, it's madness (IN THE BEST POSSIBLE WAY).

Well done, everyone!
shinichi'sapprentice
User avatar

I NEED SLLEP

Posts: 9189

Re: Espionage - Round 5 (Game ends)

Postby shinichi'sapprentice » May 13th, 2014, 12:39 am

*_* that is so brilliant. >:D i'm still replying to Togop's post, too...

oh,.. Jd- posted :D you gotta join next round, round 3 informant >:D

and i was just gonna say something like this, too...
Jd- wrote:Lesson to be learned here: Togop has officially gone over to the Dark Side, looks like.

xD
Togop
Posts: 227

Re: Espionage - Round 5 (Game ends)

Postby Togop » May 13th, 2014, 1:38 am

@dumytru:
You're right... In D2 i did write "You're kinda strange kinda here". I probably have meant to write "you're acting kinda strange here" (I try to stick to proper sentence structure) but somehow messed up. Sorry.
Stopwatch
User avatar
Posts: 1375

Re: Espionage - Round 5 (Spy and Informants Win)

Postby Stopwatch » May 13th, 2014, 3:49 am

Sorry, just catching up but I thought transparent text wasn't allowed? :| Or is that just in Mafia?
Terry Pratchett wrote:The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.

bash7353 wrote:I kind of always assumed that Haneda's parents might've had names.

Spoiler: Box full of stuff
Write a Will
Image
Some year's SS by Abs. :D
Image
DCW SS from Anime Girl 4 Eva]
Image
Thanks, cinna ^^
Image
Togop
Posts: 227

Re: Espionage - Round 5 (Spy and Informants Win)

Postby Togop » May 13th, 2014, 3:55 am

There is no rule in Espionage saying that transparent text isn't allowed.
shinichi'sapprentice
User avatar

I NEED SLLEP

Posts: 9189

Re: Espionage - Round 5 (Game ends)

Postby shinichi'sapprentice » May 13th, 2014, 4:46 am

@Togop
you think so, too? >:D the reason i was so excited for this round, too is i was hoping to be spy. but it looks like being player#1 has a very low probability to be chosen as spy >xD and hey, nvm i'm not gonna say it xD
Togop wrote:@SA
I'd like to say that I honestly don't think FI is a good strategy for civillians. I was a spy when I proposed it. I didn't speak against it because I was informant; I would have even if I was civillian or detective.
- It outs, on average, one person per day as non-detective
- It lets civillians use the FIs by people on their list even when the detective is still alive. However, that clues the spy on to who's on their list.
- It lets the detective share his findings, but he/she could share most of them anyway. True, that way he/she could also share the names of people that weren't cleared when investigated, but that's not a good enough advantage in light of the above two drawbacks.
hmm... thinking again and again again. nope. i disagree. Let's review the fake investigates once again and i'll show you their corresponding list as well...

Stowatch
D1FI=Fujiwara
D2FI=Jellitto
D3FI=Yuri Iwamoto
List:
1. Kleene Onigiri
2. Togop
3. RoboG55
4. PhantomWriter
5. Jellitto
6. Yuri Iwamoto
7. MoonRaven

Kleene Onigiri
D1FI=Stopwatch
D2FI=shinichi'sapprentice
List:
1. Jecka
2. RoboG55
3. Togop
4. RainHeaven
5. MoonRaven
6. Stopwatch
7. PhantomWriter

Fujiwara
D1FI=miyano_shiho
D2FI=Jellitto
D3FI=shinichi'sapprentice
List:
1. Togop
2. Raifuujin
3. dumytru
4. PhantomWriter
5. Stopwatch
6. Kleene Onigiri
7. MoonRaven

you said yourself your team didn't narrow down who the real detective is. and i think civilians this round did a good job on producing their own fake investigates. even the detective says so. but i'm not really so sure. since only you and me are the only ones that posted a three-name-fake-investigates... and that was really hard. well at least for me 'coz you know who's not spy, i don't >:D

Togop wrote:As for your FIs, did you really not notice all the hints I gave you throughout the game that I saw them. In addition to thosep posts you quoted (which were both intended to hint to you that I've read your FI without letting anyone who hasn't seen them know about them - after all, as you said nobody would point them out to everybody) there was also this
Togop wrote:SA is looking like civillian so far (either that or a very crafty informant), as do Yuri Iwamoto, Miyano Shiho, and KleeneOnigiri.

Which lists the people you cleared in your FIs, basically.
wut? i totally did not notice! i'm too much focused on everything you say and thinking more of who you are avoiding to protect since i already know you're the other informant. i really didn't know you were talking about my fake investigates T_T if i tell everybody you're the other informant, you'll just shut up and i wouldn't be able to get anything else from you. and any more i say, even just one mistake, you'll immediately cross me out from your detective suspects.

Togop wrote:Finally, I don't think pretending to be a detective has a good chance to help. As I already said, it didn't delay us at all this game, because we didn't know who the actual detective was. And I find it hard to come up with a scenario when such a tactic would actually end up earning the detective one round. For that to happen,the spy needs to suspect both you and the detective at the same time, and when wondering who to kill, end up choosing you. The timing simply wouldn't work most of the time.
again, i wasn't afraid to die and i already said the reason why i always try to act detective-ish... in this round, if Fujiwara was the spy, there was Stopwatch, dumytru, and Kleene to save the day... if it was Stopwatch, there's Fujiwara, dumytru, and Kleene... and if it was dumytru, there's Fujiwara, Stopwatch, and Kleene... xD i was impressed of MoonRaven's actions/gameplay... a newbie but active \o/ though, that was also the reason that kinda sold out her role... xD but still, 't was all good \o/

--edit: double post because putting it in one post is too long :x and the quote tags are a mess -_-
shinichi'sapprentice
User avatar

I NEED SLLEP

Posts: 9189

Re: Espionage - Round 5 (Spy and Informants Win)

Postby shinichi'sapprentice » May 13th, 2014, 4:46 am

@dumytru

dumytru wrote:------------------------------------
Yuri Iwamoto wrote:
dumytru wrote:All right! I decided to go with Fuji's reasoning and vote for Yuri.

Make sure you say who you'll vote for, so that the last players sending the vote can make sure not to tie.

[spoiler]ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR MIND?!
I'm not sure you noticed but I actively started seeking out the spy this phase and barely even had time to vote in previous phases due to life sucking ass. Do you think I could have had time to look through the topic and see who my Informants we're let alone give them orders smart enough to not make me suspicious? I only had time to do stuff thanks to finally having a free weekend, (even though I mostly spent Saturday sleeping and working.

nevermind, who am I kidding. Fine, vote me, believe Fujiwara and kill a civilian who's been too caught up in life to keep up with what was happening until... erm, this phase?

Also, thank you if you guys kill me..[/spoiler]
.... Sorry for this rant, I'm just really, really tired....



Sorry about this Yuri. I did thatonly because I was the Spy, I wouldn't have voted you otherwise.
You did seem like a Civilian (though you can't trust anyone in this game).
yup.

dumytru wrote:If somebody wants to read the actual orders, go ahead.

Order Prep Phase (note that the Infromants read the order only when D1 began)
[spoiler]
The Spy wrote:Hello, Informants!

Here's my order for Prep Phase.
Informant #1, you shall use a single emoticon of your own choice in your very first post of Day 1. In the second post, please avoid using emoticons at all.
If there are others who used only one emoticon in their first post of Day 1 and used none in their second post, it's alright! I'll create a list of them, and I'll narrow it down in Day 2.

Informant #2, your order is identical to Informant #1, but you'll have to use two emoticons in your very post of Day 1.
You'll still use none in you second post.

Note: Since you probably wonder which number are you, I'm going to make it clear. You have to figure that out yourselves. Think of it as a metagame between you two.

First check if there's anybody who used a single emoticon in their first-post.
If there's no single-emoticon first-post, then you shall be Informant #1, otherwise do the #2 order.

Even if you do the same order, as I said, I will put you on a list, then narrow it down later.
Though honestly, single emoticon in first post and none in second is pretty rare, so shouldn't be problems there.

If we end up implementing SA's idea about not posting anything at all, then the identification orders are obviously useless.
I might have to give up killing in Day 1.



Note that from now on I'll tell you how you can comunicate with me during the game. You may use them creatively, trying to send me a different message. You can use them for identification, but then I'd run short on ways to cominucate with you during the game. Ultimately, it's up to you.



If you have any kind of questions, or my order doesn't make any sense, then you'll have to tell me in the topic (so that I'll try to be more precise in future orders) and read the order again until it makes sense.

How to say that the orders are unclear: point out that Togop's and googleearth's images are not used in SA's poster (link).
If you unsure about the orders, then do what I just said, and that only.
If you have a question or message, also include this link:
http://forums.dctp.ws/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=12267&start=15#p812005 (or the links to the images in that post), pointing out that they can be used in the poster.
To get the message across, try to include a hint of it. You can do it in the main body of the post, then write the key-message in the post scriptum ( "PS: The poster doesn't..." )



How to tell me that you have suspicions on someone: Say "[detective_suspect] is kinda acting strange".
The keywords are kinda and strange. Use them as you will (the above is just an example).
You may use "kind of" instead of "kind of" if it doesn't suit you.

If one of you used that pair of keywords, then they shall be changed.

Keywords ( the change shall be in this order)
1) "kinda", "acting"
2) "looking", "like
3) "strange" or "wierd", "point"

I might add other pairs of keywords in the future orders if you used them all. If I haven't done so by the time you used the thirs, use either.

I know it's a lot, but please read it through.
[/spoiler]


[spoiler]
Day 2 Order wrote:Today I'm lazy to write as much as yesterday.


So, as of now, the informants are PhantomWriter and Jecka.

Yuri and Togop also are on my list; but I have to believe, as informants, you wanted to do the order as soon as possible, so you're either PhantomWriter or Jecka.

If I got it wrong, please use one of the ways to contact me I sent you in the previous order.


As for the confirmation that you are, indeed, the informants (Jecka and PhantomWriter), please use no emoticon in the first post of Day 2.
And, if you will, you can include one of those keywords [optional]: "day" or "night" or "expecting" or "whatever".


Let's kill the Detective! But not too soon. I'd be boring if we killed him/her right away.
Don't forget, if you think you figured who the Detective is, use the method from the previous order.
[/spoiler]

[spoiler]
D2 Order wrote:Ooooh, I was right that PhantomWriter is an informant.

Now, Jecka voted for him.
I still think you are Jecka, but I need confirmation.

For confirmation, please use both "acting" and "kinda" in your first post of Day 3.
Even if you are not Jecka, do that.

I haven't killed anyone today. This isn't because I'm not entirely sure who you are.
You can say I'm experimenting. How will people react? How much confusion will it cause? Will it help me somehow?
Of course, avoiding to kill you is a plus.

Tomorrow I'm going to get to "agressive" mode.
This mean I'll try to find the Detective with all I got.

That's all from me now. I hope I'm not forgetting anything.

Oh right. We can't afford ties in the voting. If you think nobody's suspecting us, you can vote together with me.
You can also vote me, depending on how many votes I get in D2. It may help to avoid suspicions.

Let's kill the Detective! ASAP.
[/spoiler]
[spoiler]
D3 Order wrote:Oh, great. A tie.

It looks like you are Togop, after all.
Anyway, you were on my list (as I stated in D1 order), so I wan't going to kill you by accident.

I want your opinion on SA. I think he might be the Detective.
He proposed the fake investigation, but he isn't doing it. It could be because he doesn't want to risk.
Obviously it's just a hunch.

If you think I should kill him tomorrow, use both "looking" and "like".

If you think he's suspect, but I shouldn't kill him yet, use "strange" and "point".

If you think he's not the Detective, or is likely he isn't, use none of the above.

It doesn't matter if you do it in your first post of D4. You may change your anytime :)

That's all from me for now!
[/spoiler]
[spoiler]
D4 Order wrote:
Yo!

Today I'm too lazy to write anything at all.
Right now there are 2.5 hours until the phase end.
I hope SA is the Detective.
If he isn't, then it might take a while before we find him/her.

For tomorrow codes:
Just use both "strange" [or "wierd"] and "point" if you have a player you want me to kill.

If you have any other message you want to send me, hint it somehow in one of your posts, I'll read them carefully.

[/spoiler]
[spoiler]
Last Order wrote:
If things keep going like that we're going to win.

*you don't really have to read this, I'm just writing down what I'm thinking at the moment*

Are you not posting anything because you are busy or you don't want to let anything out?

This order is a nice oportunity to send a message to all the players, but I'm not sure what I should say.
Obviously it should be something that makes me less suspicious, but it looks like I'm not suspicious anyway [for now].

I'm for the first time on the spy-side.
I never thought it'd be this hard. You have to watch out for everything you say.
And as an informant you must make sure not to leave a trace to the Spy.

You did awesome! Thanks.

[/spoiler]again, it was all awesome! why the smileys though? xD

dumytru wrote:@ SA, oh, the fake list.
It's actually hard to create a list like that.
I wrote it and pressed "Submit", and then "Oh god, I should edit it, but if anybody saw it I'm dead".

At first I thought it was a good idea to play around with dead-players' name, but no.
I had two people alive on my list at the time.


xD yeah. the only time i shifted my spy suspect to dumytru was when i was writing down the lists
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
i started rethinking again when i was crossing out the dead people... [spoiler]Image[/spoiler]but i was already dead anyway xD
Stopwatch
User avatar
Posts: 1375

Re: Espionage - Round 5 (Spy and Informants Win)

Postby Stopwatch » May 13th, 2014, 5:01 am

Togop wrote:There is no rule in Espionage saying that transparent text isn't allowed.

I thought it came under "encrypted". I mean, too late to do anything about it this round, but perhaps a clarification for the future would be good.
Terry Pratchett wrote:The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.

bash7353 wrote:I kind of always assumed that Haneda's parents might've had names.

Spoiler: Box full of stuff
Write a Will
Image
Some year's SS by Abs. :D
Image
DCW SS from Anime Girl 4 Eva]
Image
Thanks, cinna ^^
Image
Jd-
DCTP Staff Member
User avatar
Posts: 6187

Re: Espionage - Round 5 (Spy and Informants Win)

Postby Jd- » May 13th, 2014, 5:55 am

Woaaaahhhh... SA's most recent post has kinda broken the page. It's freaky, but awesome.

But freaky.
shinichi'sapprentice
User avatar

I NEED SLLEP

Posts: 9189

Re: Espionage - Round 5 (Spy and Informants Win)

Postby shinichi'sapprentice » May 13th, 2014, 5:57 am

i thought it was just me o.O

what have i done?
Iwamoto Yuri
User avatar

SPARKLES

Posts: 2519

Re: Espionage - Round 5 (Spy and Informants Win)

Postby Iwamoto Yuri » May 13th, 2014, 7:01 am

hahaha, here I thought it was my ipod.

maybe the posts were too long.
Image
3DS Friend Code: 1564-5101-4615
Yuri gets advice from little fairies, and is thereby not held responsible for any stupid action
pixiv | etsy | livestream
The Doctor wrote:There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.
The Doctor wrote:Remember: Hate is always foolish, and love is always wise.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 18 guests