ESPIONAGE: Round One (Spy arrested, Civilians win)

The home to DCTP Forum Mafia as well as any other type of random forum game that you can conjure up.
shinichi'sapprentice

I NEED SLLEP

Re: ESPIONAGE: Round One (Spy arrested, Civilians win)

Postby shinichi'sapprentice » January 19th, 2014, 10:47 pm

i am also looking forward to 'The Kleeners' Report'

i am so overjoyed right now, I didn't care if i will be killed or arrested tonight because my team is playing on the championship! i almost thought Stopwatch was the detective if not for his poor choice of people. i might be posting more when i get home from work
Jd-
DCTP Staff Member

Deportation applications available.

Postby Jd- » January 19th, 2014, 10:48 pm

Stopwatch

Postby Stopwatch » January 20th, 2014, 2:20 am

shinichi'sapprentice wrote:i am also looking forward to 'The Kleeners' Report'

i am so overjoyed right now, I didn't care if i will be killed or arrested tonight because my team is playing on the championship! i almost thought Stopwatch was the detective if not for his poor choice of people. i might be posting more when i get home from work

I'm a she :V.

And I was just trying to get people active and suggest strategies (and possibly act as a decoy for killing so the Detective was less likely to be killed) :x. Tbh, if I was the Detective I would have wanted less attention drawn to myself. That said, Kleene and PT being "proven" Town as such meant that the chances they would be killed overnight went up dramatically so it was lucky we got the Spy when we did.
Terry Pratchett wrote:The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.

bash7353 wrote:I kind of always assumed that Haneda's parents might've had names.

Spoiler: Box full of stuff
Write a Will
Some year's SS by Abs. :D
DCW SS from Anime Girl 4 Eva]
Thanks, cinna ^^
KainTheVampire

*the Devil disguised as a mad vampire* >:D

Postby KainTheVampire » January 20th, 2014, 2:28 am

Jecka wrote:Your list:

1. Raiden
2. PhoenixTears
3. Kain the Vampire
4. Meme
5. Kamite
6. Nix
7. Kksilder5552000

:x
Conclusion: "This area is full of crap" and "It's a nasty place!"

Drawn by yours truly
Conan-chandesune

Community eccentric

Postby Conan-chandesune » January 20th, 2014, 2:30 am

Well, Yay for us civilians....... And who did Kleene investigate?????
I am a geek~~~~~~~~~~~~
I am a flirt!
I love mysteries!
I love comics~

Jd-'s official apprentice
Kleene Onigiri
Community Rice Warrior

*punches Akonyl*

Postby Kleene Onigiri » January 20th, 2014, 2:54 am

We won! \o/
Poor Raiden D: *pat*

Here my report:
Well, first I didn't know what to do XD I didn't know how much I would be able to say without getting targeted by the spy or maybe even by the civilians XD
Then everyone wanted to go random votes, since "everyone" had a list that they could go after. But I didn't have a list :x And I also couldn't just go and say "hey, xyz and abs are totally not the spy, believe me. And I'm totally not the detective for saying that" XD That's why I posted that I wanted something else, like the nominee thing!

Because that gave me an advantage:
1. The civilians could nominate people, that way I could get some info who's on who's list :3
Downside on that was obviously, that I would maybe be nominates myself a lot D: That didn't happen luckily XD I wonder how often I did appear on those lists :V
2. If someone nominated a person I already investigated, I could sway that away on someone else I didn't investigate yet without looking suspicious.
3. I would know who's going to be arrested next. That way I was able to choose someone who's unlikely to get arrested to be investigated. But that also applied for the spy who could kill someone that won't be arrested ^^"

Good thing people actually said who'll be voted for during phase 1 and 2 even without the nominee :3

Then I tried to get other clues somehow. Like PT and me voting for Yuri who died Day 1 :V That made PT more likely to be civilian, considering I was detective myself and that happened to me too XD People concluded that I'm not the spy most likely because of that \o/ But it scared me that I could become a target for the spy D:
That's why I tried to give some hints on my investigations during day3.
I investigated Stoppy, Dumytru and wanted to investigate Jd- this phase. Went for Jd- this phase because he was manipulating the votes quite good. I doubted he's the spy after slider died, but just to be on the save side I still went with Jd- :3 It would have gotten too dangerous if Jd- would have been the spy :x

As for my hints this phase: I hugged stoppy and dumytru XD And I also said something like: "The list of nominees looks good", aka, I didn't investigate anyone on it.
Not sure if anyone would have gotten my clues if I died ^^"

Other clues I looked for were the votes, who voted who, who voted someone that died, did someone change their vote or is someone voting the same person all the time etc.
Or at the ones that died. Someone goes random? Or someone avoids certain people to get killed etc. ( I thought it's less likely for Jd- and Pt since slider died. Or less likely for Kain because Yuri died)

Guess that's most of it D:

Edit: I'd also like to hear what the spy, Raiden, was thinking XD If I was suspected for the detective? (maybe even by some civilians? XD)
Keyhole drawn by Yuri Iwamoto <3

Spoiler: Secret Santa gift from Commi-Ninja <3
A Black Organization Christmas Carol (need to fix the link)

3DS Friend Code: 4141 3202 3514

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Giff holidays
Jd-
DCTP Staff Member

Deportation applications available.

Postby Jd- » January 20th, 2014, 3:04 am

Yep, was hoping it went along those lines. Very nicely summed up, Kleeners! I was really worried that you or Tears would be the Detective and Raiden would have you two would wash up deceased shortly after that. I'd like to know how Raiden chose his victims and everything as well.

There are some good ideas coming up that we can add to the next one. Feel free to suggest anything you'd like to try out and it shall be considered! Foremost, I'd like to change up the civilian dynamic a little, but I'm not entirely sure how to do it just yet.
Memesu

a witch

Postby Memesu » January 20th, 2014, 3:25 am

*Just followed Jd-*
:x
Secret santa gift from PT <3
"Despite everything, it's still you"
Revolutionary Girl -Overture-
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x329h9r
shinichi'sapprentice

I NEED SLLEP

ESPIONAGE: Round One (Spy arrested, Civilians win)

Postby shinichi'sapprentice » January 20th, 2014, 4:08 am

since the start of the game, i have engraved on my mind that Jd- wouldn't be the spy. i don't know. i just believe that he won't be. but he became suspicious when he started to manipulate the public by saying he'll vote for Kamite when he at least posted something before day 2 ended. did nobody even noticed that KainTheVampire also has not posted anything at the time? it could be that Jd- was possibly the spy or he's just being the influential him trying to lead the clueless players of the game.

the following is my list:
1. Dumytru
2. Stopwatch
3. PhoenixTears
4. Kleene Onigiri
5. Monsi
6. Jd-
7. Raiden

and i have not voted anybody until day3

edit: am i the only newbie of this mafia-like game? it has been mentioned that kkslider5552000 was a beginner as well... anybody else? also, i was so disappointed miyano_shiho nominated me. what were you thinking?
Kleene Onigiri
Community Rice Warrior

*punches Akonyl*

Postby Kleene Onigiri » January 20th, 2014, 4:48 am

I saw that Kain didn't post anything too. But I thought Jd just went through his list.

We're all new to "this kind of mafia". But some of us play "Forum Mafia" or "Mini Mafia" so we more about how some people play/act.
Keyhole drawn by Yuri Iwamoto <3

Spoiler: Secret Santa gift from Commi-Ninja <3
A Black Organization Christmas Carol (need to fix the link)

3DS Friend Code: 4141 3202 3514

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Giff holidays
Iwamoto Yuri

SPARKLES

Postby Iwamoto Yuri » January 20th, 2014, 8:09 am

1. miyano_shiho
2. PhoenixTears
3. Raiden
4. dumytru
5. Nix
6. Stopwatch
7. Googleearth

:P, seems Raiden was on most of these
The Yuri to Japan give-away is back once more! Go HERE to check it out!
3DS Friend Code: 1564-5101-4615
Yuri gets advice from little fairies, and is thereby not held responsible for any stupid action
pixiv | etsy | livestream
The Doctor wrote:There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.
KainTheVampire

*the Devil disguised as a mad vampire* >:D

Postby KainTheVampire » January 20th, 2014, 8:37 am

Kleene Onigiri wrote:I saw that Kain didn't post anything too. But I thought Jd just went through his list.

We're all new to "this kind of mafia". But some of us play "Forum Mafia" or "Mini Mafia" so we more about how some people play/act.

Just being quiet like usual :x And kinda forgetful
Conclusion: "This area is full of crap" and "It's a nasty place!"

Drawn by yours truly
Raiden

~If you gimme a smile, I'm on your side. Tomorrow we'll be alright~

Postby Raiden » January 20th, 2014, 9:08 am

Haha, my gut feeling predicted that with 95% certainty. Knew something bad would happen and it did, twice even. >:V

Jd- wrote:And, who was set to die?

KaiRai for Round 3. ^^'

Kleene Onigiri wrote:Edit: I'd also like to hear what the spy, Raiden, was thinking XD If I was suspected for the detective? (maybe even by some civilians? XD)

Aww, I would never have thought of killing my sister... XD...until Round 4, where her faith would be sealed. Keikaku doori! >:3 *hug*

Jd- wrote:Yep, was hoping it went along those lines. Very nicely summed up, Kleeners! I was really worried that you or Tears would be the Detective and Raiden would have you two would wash up deceased shortly after that. I'd like to know how Raiden chose his victims and everything as well.

Hmm? Well didn't really have a masterplan for the serial killings to begin with but came up with one consisting of 1/3 randomness, 1/3 of logic, 1/3 of luck; planned 1-2 rounds ahead to avoid overthinking it.
I didn't really want to call any attention to myself to tried to mostly blend into the civilian crowd.

Round 1) I selected a random number (seven in this case, mostly because that were the number on the civilian list) and used the fancy roster poster to count up/down from the Spy position which happened to be Yuri/Slider. Voting slider day 1 was sorta a double-bluff, was hoping it would make people think it less likely for the Spy to target him twice in a row which seem to sorta work? :V

It appears I had a lot of the civillians spot on (Jd, Miyano, Nix, PT, Commi, Stop, dumytru, Aly, and SA); lucky! 8-)

Don't ask me why but I was almost certain from the beginning Jd would be civilian. Maybe I should have killed him instead of Slider since he appeared to have most of the town under a HYPE-hypnosis spell where he said a name and most of town ganged up on the person without thinking a second about it. If it had been the Spy the town would likely have lost. :x

For Round 3/4 I selected the one directly above/below Spy position, so KaiRai/Kleene - the moldy K League. :p I selected KaiRai since Kleene and Aly was defending me. *hugs both* <3

My most recent list of Detective suspects was bash, Kleene, Meme, Kain, KaiRai, Conan.

@SA: I noticed Kain's silence but that's pretty normal behaviour for her and didn't think of it any further other than keeping it in mind. In hindsight, maybe I should have called her out on it and try to get her voted but I am no Jd when it comes to swaying the public and figured it would likely have made me more suspicious. :V

Already said this, but thanks for awesome GMing Jecka! *hugs* Good game even if I totally fail at being bad guy of anything. :D

[spoiler=Jecka is this true? :V][04:32:23] <+bash7353> Jecka, are you saying Kain didn't send in a vote Day 3?
[04:33:15] <+Korn> She did not
[04:33:48] <+Korn> She sent me votes the other 2 days
[04:34:04] <+bash7353> Well, random made her vote Raiden. If it hadn't it'd have tied.

So the town only won because Kain didn't send in a vote and it randomly landed on me? That's just typical my luck... :-\

I'm kinda curious now what vote Kain would have sent in since it was a tie-breaker.[/spoiler]
3DS FC:2809 8617 8608
“Tea is the magic key to the vault where my brain is kept.” ― Frances Hardinge
“If you are cold, tea will warm you;
if you are too heated, it will cool you;
If you are depressed, it will cheer you;
If you are excited, it will calm you.”
― William Ewart Gladstone

Spoiler:
bash7353

部下の手柄は上司のもの
上司の失敗は部下の責任

Postby bash7353 » January 20th, 2014, 11:19 am

Raiden wrote:[...]

[spoiler=Jecka is this true? :V][04:32:23] <+bash7353> Jecka, are you saying Kain didn't send in a vote Day 3?
[04:33:15] <+Korn> She did not
[04:33:48] <+Korn> She sent me votes the other 2 days
[04:34:04] <+bash7353> Well, random made her vote Raiden. If it hadn't it'd have tied.

So the town only won because Kain didn't send in a vote and it randomly landed on me? That's just typical my luck... :-\

I'm kinda curious now what vote Kain would have sent in since it was a tie-breaker.[/spoiler]

Kain made her list public earlier. It seems you just had the bad luck of being top of her list...
"Jo mere uenig du er med nogen, jo pænere skal du tale til dem. Tal om indholdet. Brug tid på indholdet. Forhold dig til det, der diskuteres. Lyt til, hvad der bliver sagt, i stedet for hvem der siger det. Hvis vi skal gøre det her med demokratiet bedre, så starter vi der."
描いた夢は叶わないことの方が多い
秀れた人を羨んでは自分が嫌になる
浅い眠りに押し潰されそう夜もある
優しい隣人が陰で牙を向いていたり

惰性で観てたテレビ消すみたいに生きる
ことを時々辞めたくなる

人生は苦痛ですか 成功が全てですか
僕はあなたにあなたに ただ逢いたいだけ
信じたい嘘 効かない薬 帰れないサヨナラ
叫べ叫べ叫べ   逢いたいだけ
dumytru

Postby dumytru » January 20th, 2014, 11:51 am

shinichi'sapprentice wrote:edit: am i the only newbie of this mafia-like game? it has been mentioned that kkslider5552000 was a beginner as well... anybody else? also, i was so disappointed miyano_shiho nominated me. what were you thinking?

I'm also completely new ;D
I ignored most of the important (and obvious) things in this game.
At least I figured the detective has to be on my list, and so after Day 1 I started voting players that weren't on my list.

[spoiler=My list]1. Kleene Onigiri
2. Googleearth
3. Monsi
4. Nix
5. Jd-
6. Commi-Ninja
7. kkslider5552000[/spoiler]

For the next game, there's going to be another GM, right?
shinichi'sapprentice wrote:dumytru hasn't acted very 'evil-like', but that's his specialty though...

dumytru's Karaoke Project!

Return to “Forum Games”