[Potential Spoiler]Favorite BO Arcs / Specials/Episodes?

Versus polls and this-or-that contests should find themselves in here.

Best BO Episodes/Arcs/Specials?

Video Conference Murder Case
No votes
One Billion Yen Robbery
No votes
Girl from the Organisation / University Professor Murder Case
2%
Reunion with the Black Organisation
12%
Contact with the Black Organisation
5%
A Dual Mystery on a Full Moon Night
36%
Black Impact
12%
Shadow of the Black Organisation
2%
Clash of Red And Black
17%
Mystery Train
14%

Total votes: 42
Osaka Detective

[Potential Spoiler]Favorite BO Arcs / Specials/Episodes?

Postby Osaka Detective » June 1st, 2013, 6:29 am

What is your favourite BO Arcs or Specials?

I'm going to do a runthrough what I think of each option.

Game Conference Murder Case
Tequila gets introduced!!!! But gets killed off few pages later. I think nothing of significance was done here actually, not a big fan.

One Billion Yen Robbery
I have pretty vague memories of this one, I'll go watch it some other time

Girl from the Org/University Professor Murder Case
I liked this one. It helped advance the plot much more and Haibara is just awesome

Reunion with the BO
I liked this one pretty well. It helped advance the Haibara-BO relationship and introduced new characters. I thought the suspects in that case was pretty cool, pity that Pisco got killed so fast

Contact with BO
It was pretty okay to me, though I felt that Gin/Vodka got dumbed down a bit since they weren't shown wondering who dafuq picked up the phone when Itakura was already dead when the phone was picked up. Meh.

[spoiler=Full Night Mystery]I really loved this. In 2 hours, everything about the Vermouth arc was solved in a brilliant way. I thought it was awesome for Heiji to take part in this arc too.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Black Impact]This is my favorite one, since it introduced Kir, one of my favorite members. I really liked the opening animation for this one too. Also, it was 2 hours of action, and unlike full night, there were no cases barring the joke-like-case.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Shadow of The Black Organization]I think this one really help advance the Kir arc, and the Shining Star of Pearl was really touching, especially when Shiroi Yuki was the ending[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Clash of Red and Black]I actually didn't really love Clash of Red and Black that much. I think it was stretched out too long, but I still like it anyways. IMO, stuff like the money case could just be taken out, but then It's DC, can't be helped.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Mystery Train]Thought it was pretty cool, was Kaito Kid helping out in the plot. Sadly, no Heiji :([/spoiler]

If you think more options should be added, just tell meh! For example, I've been thinking whether to add stuff like Bathroom Secret or The Tenth Passenger, but...
Hattori Heiji-Haibara Ai-Azusa Enomoto-Kudo Shinchi-Subaru Okiya-Kansuke Yamamoto-Yui Yuehara-Hidemi Hondou
Ringo

Biblioriptos, Resident Sniffer

Re: [Potential Spoiler]Favorite BO Arcs / Specials/Episodes?

Postby Ringo » June 1st, 2013, 6:44 am

I like both the Full Night Mystery, and the Mystery Train. Awesome double disguises in the former, and unexpected disguise-r in the latter. I voted for the Full Night as it is my most favorite chapter. Although there is as much revelations in the Bell Tree, I like how the author slightly (if not, really) twisted the presentation of the plot-related material, and the "filler", in the Head-to-Head Match. (:
Our achievements should not see the light of day; but our failures will become widely known.
kkslider5552000
Community Villain

Dogcopter 8: The World Dog Only Knows

Postby kkslider5552000 » June 1st, 2013, 6:46 am

Detective Conan episode 345 is borderline flawless.
Bioshock is considered a masterpiece. Let me attempt to showcase why : viewtopic.php?f=10&t=13252

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Wii U ID: SliderGamer55
Conan-chandesune

Community eccentric

Postby Conan-chandesune » June 1st, 2013, 9:19 pm

425 is my fav, with 345 just one point behind.
I am a geek~~~~~~~~~~~~
I am a flirt!
I love mysteries!
I love comics~

Jd-'s official apprentice
dilbertschalter

Postby dilbertschalter » June 1st, 2013, 9:27 pm

Dark Contact. Two Mysteries is probably the single most 'overrated' DC case
Detective Movies Contest 2013: Information Thread  Current Faceoff

"The energies of our system will decay; the glory of the sun will be dimmed, and the earth, tideless and inert, will no longer tolerate the race which has for a moment disturbed its solitude. Man will go down into the pit, and all his thoughts will perish. The uneasy consciousness, which in this obscure corner has for a brief space broken the contented silence of the universe, will be at rest. Matter will know itself no longer. 'Imperishable monuments' and 'immortal deeds,' death itself, and love stronger than death, will be as though they had never been."
Commi-Ninja

Postby Commi-Ninja » June 1st, 2013, 11:18 pm

Clash! Despite
[spoiler]Akai. ;_______;[/spoiler]
3DS FC: 4699-5851-2068
I might wake up early and go running. I also might wake up and win the lottery. The odds are about the same.
Osaka Detective

Postby Osaka Detective » June 2nd, 2013, 3:18 am

Wow, Clash of Red and Black is getting significantly less votes than what I thought it would get. Surpising!

no one likes billion yen robbery and girl from org lol.
Hattori Heiji-Haibara Ai-Azusa Enomoto-Kudo Shinchi-Subaru Okiya-Kansuke Yamamoto-Yui Yuehara-Hidemi Hondou
kkslider5552000
Community Villain

Dogcopter 8: The World Dog Only Knows

Postby kkslider5552000 » June 2nd, 2013, 5:44 am

Osaka Detective wrote:no one likes billion yen robbery and girl from org lol.

I was actually thinking of choosing the latter, but 345 is kinda brilliant from beginning to end while 129 is only on that same level for less than 1/2 of it.
Bioshock is considered a masterpiece. Let me attempt to showcase why : viewtopic.php?f=10&t=13252

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Wii U ID: SliderGamer55
Kudo Shinchi

No comment......

Postby Kudo Shinchi » June 2nd, 2013, 1:14 pm

I can't pick a single favorite. You really have to give it to Gosho, there isn't a single major BO confrontation I was disappointed with; they deliver, and their rewatchability factor is amazing. I have rewatched some of these cases more times than I can count and they never get tiring/boring.

Video Conference
Not much to say about this one, least favorite, for obvious reasons.

One Billion Yen Robbery
I love both the manga and anime versions; Akemi's death was handled really well.

Girl from the Organization
Awesome since it introduces Haibara, and generally was a solid introductory episode for her. Only complaint is that the first half was kind of slow.

Reunion
One of my favorites. The set-up, the suspense, the hinting at the relationship between Shiho and Gin, all the small storyline hints, and the showdown on the hotel roof, all great stuff.

Dark Contact
This case was awesome for setting up the intriguing Itakura mystery, as well as the whole climax with the lockers. That was a great scene.

Dual Mystery
There doesn't need to be an explanation for why this is absolutely amazing.

Shadow of the Black Organization
This was good, but not the best. It did advance the plot a bit, obviously, but there wasn't too much.

Clash
This arc was excellent. The battle of wits between the BO and the FBI was fun, and the respect Akai and Conan develop for each other of the course of the arc is great.

Mystery Train
[spoiler]I know some people felt Kid's involvement ruined it, but I disagree. He didn't come out of nowhere, since there was extensive foreshadowing, and I liked being surprised by the revelation. Also, its great that this case made Itakura's CDs and Elena's tapes relevant to the story again.[/spoiler]

I'd have to say the best are Reunion, Contact, Dual Mystery, and Clash.
Chekhov MacGuffin
Community Scholar

BAGA BGEGD EDBDEG A

Postby Chekhov MacGuffin » June 2nd, 2013, 1:25 pm

Reunion. Plot stuff got done and the case itself was pretty decent. Anokata was introduced. It was a suspense highpoint in the oh-shit-oh-shit sense unmatched by any other case except Dark Contact when Gin starts opening lockers. Clash of RvB would be my second pick.
kward

Postby kward » June 3rd, 2013, 7:58 pm

I like both Black Impact and Mystery Train, bit I more prefer Black Impact.

Return to “Contests & Polls”