DC Movies Contest 2013: "Last Wizard of the Century" vs. "Full Score of Fear"

Versus polls and this-or-that contests should find themselves in here.

Which do you prefer?

Poll runs till January 20th, 2056, 3:42 am

The Last Wizard of the Century
67%
Full Score of Fear
33%

Total votes: 52
dilbertschalter

DC Movies Contest 2013: "Last Wizard of the Century" vs. "Full Score of Fear"

Postby dilbertschalter » January 9th, 2013, 12:33 am

Last time, "The Fourteenth Target" won a solid victory over "The Raven Chaser. This time, we have:

Movie 3: The Last Wizard of the Century

vs.

Movie 12: Full Score of Fear

The thread that explains the contest

The bracket that shows how pairings are determined and which movies have been eliminated:
Last edited by dilbertschalter on January 10th, 2013, 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Detective Movies Contest 2013: Information Thread  Current Faceoff

"The energies of our system will decay; the glory of the sun will be dimmed, and the earth, tideless and inert, will no longer tolerate the race which has for a moment disturbed its solitude. Man will go down into the pit, and all his thoughts will perish. The uneasy consciousness, which in this obscure corner has for a brief space broken the contented silence of the universe, will be at rest. Matter will know itself no longer. 'Imperishable monuments' and 'immortal deeds,' death itself, and love stronger than death, will be as though they had never been."
kkslider5552000
Community Villain

Dogcopter 8: The World Dog Only Knows

Re: DC Movies Contest 2013: "Last Wizard of the Century" vs. "Full Score of Fear"

Postby kkslider5552000 » January 9th, 2013, 12:38 am

Movie 12 would have been pretty great if it wasn't boring as hell half the time.
Bioshock is considered a masterpiece. Let me attempt to showcase why : viewtopic.php?f=10&t=13252

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Wii U ID: SliderGamer55
kei

'How is this a new gadget? You just put a fax machine in a bentou.'

Re: DC Movies Contest 2013: "Last Wizard of the Century" vs. "Full Score of Fear"

Postby kei » January 9th, 2013, 1:01 am

This is a tough one, but I'll go with movie 3.
dilbertschalter

Postby dilbertschalter » January 9th, 2013, 1:34 am

The scene in the boat with the phone is, for me, the most cringe inducing moment of DC (ok, I'm probably forgetting something, but it was really bad). There were plenty of fun parts, and I liked the overall mystery, but as was noted above there's too much non-action.
Detective Movies Contest 2013: Information Thread  Current Faceoff

"The energies of our system will decay; the glory of the sun will be dimmed, and the earth, tideless and inert, will no longer tolerate the race which has for a moment disturbed its solitude. Man will go down into the pit, and all his thoughts will perish. The uneasy consciousness, which in this obscure corner has for a brief space broken the contented silence of the universe, will be at rest. Matter will know itself no longer. 'Imperishable monuments' and 'immortal deeds,' death itself, and love stronger than death, will be as though they had never been."
Iwamoto Yuri

SPARKLES

Postby Iwamoto Yuri » January 9th, 2013, 4:37 am

I'll go for the Last Wizard of the Century, it's an awesome movie :)
The Yuri to Japan give-away is back once more! Go HERE to check it out!
3DS Friend Code: 1564-5101-4615
Yuri gets advice from little fairies, and is thereby not held responsible for any stupid action
pixiv | etsy | livestream
The Doctor wrote:There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.
Jecka

Hey there *dying inside*

Postby Jecka » January 9th, 2013, 7:44 am

kkslider5552000 wrote:Movie 12 would have been pretty great if it wasn't boring as hell half the time.
I agree.
3DS FC: 1435-4098-2557
Spoiler: Yay Nini! \o/

Usa-chan Man wrote: I am a rabbit, but at the same time, I am not.
Jecka: Those damn beavers
*Jecka sobs
Slider: Those DAM beavers? :V
Jecka: Slider no

Wakarimashita

Postby Wakarimashita » January 9th, 2013, 8:38 am

Movie 3. Movie 12 is one of the better recent movies though.

On a side note, these movies are the ones with the best soundtracks IMO. The classical music in movie 12 is stunning as are Eri Sugai's 'I'll be there' and Iori's 'Ai wa itsumo' in movie 3 (not to mention the classic 'theme of the old castle').
Last edited by Wakarimashita on January 9th, 2013, 8:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I wonder if there really is a God...
If such an entity really existed, wouldn't all honest, hard-working people be happy?"

DetectiveConanGeekster21

I'm a 'Detective Conan' geek and damn proud of it! ;P

Re: DC Movies Contest 2013:

Postby DetectiveConanGeekster21 » May 31st, 2013, 6:18 pm

They're both great movies, but I'll have to go with Last wizard of the Century.

Full Score of Fear was a little boring at times while the Last Wizard had interesting plot and action all the way through :)
"Why should the daughter pay for the sins of the father?!" - Vic Frohmeyer (Christmas with the Kranks...LOL!)

"It's amazing how much you kiss your own ass." - Kyon (The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya)

"If you die, I'll kill you!" - Zoro (One Piece)

"No, please don't eat me. I have a wife and kids, eat them." - Homer Simpson
xLostChains

Just your average girl who loves to draw random stuff

Postby xLostChains » January 21st, 2017, 10:53 am

Jecka wrote:
kkslider5552000 wrote:Movie 12 would have been pretty great if it wasn't boring as hell half the time.
I agree.

seconded!
MoonRaven

DCTP's 赤死
-
Cbox: Akai Tsuki
-
The paranoid and homicidial townie of DCTP Mafia

Postby MoonRaven » January 22nd, 2017, 3:44 am

I agree... But why was this thread revived?
The Eleventh Doctor wrote:Never ignore coincidence. Unless you are busy. Then always ignore the coincidence.

My dA There is one file for solely DC drawings.
My FF I have two DC fics: Rose in the Ecplipse of the Sun(or RitEotS) and Dream... or Not(or just DoN). The latter one still ongoing and has a spin-off Leap to Relatively Unknown.
My Tumblr

Chapter 72 of Dream or Not finished the fic

Chapter 27 of Leap to Relatively Unknown updated 22.8.17 (22nd of August)

The sequel, Leaping into the Dream has gotten its first chapter 13.4.17 (13th April)

Brilliant DC roleplay behind the years where I was Sera Read away.

Return to “Contests & Polls”