I want Haibara/Shiho to end up with...

Versus polls and this-or-that contests should find themselves in here.

I want Haibara/Shiho to end up with...

Subaru Okiya
23
14%
Tomoaki Araide
2
1%
Shuichi Akai
25
16%
Mitsuhiko Tsuburaya
50
31%
Saguru Hakuba
17
11%
A character that has not appeared yet
44
27%
 
Total votes: 161
AICHAN
User avatar

Curry time!

Posts: 2323

Re: I want Haibara/Shiho to end up with...

Postby AICHAN » March 10th, 2015, 3:52 pm

Silverbullet96 wrote:
AICHAN wrote:I support Akaixshiho because I think their interactions are interesting,not because they are good characters,I feel like I'm repeating myself and as usual you are saying facts without trying to accept people's point of view.This topic is completly subjective,so if you think Aicon has good chemestry that's great(I like them too),but some people can see good chemistry with other characters.

Anyway Ai will probably end up alone,which would be great too because she doesn't need a boyfriend to be good,she's awesome no matter what happens to her.


What kind of consistent 'interactions' have you seen between Akai and Shiho to ship them for that reason ? Yeah it is kind of a tense atmosphere when they both interact with each other (the very, very few times they have btw ::) ) like when Haibara tried to take off his scarf when he was Okiya, or their little formal conversation they had right before when he thought "After all I had promised Akemi to protect Shiho", but is that really enough to immediately decide they have great chemistry ? Especially as a romantic couple :-\ ? Her and Amuro's interactions are even fewer I guess. So I'm just not convinced that most people ship Akai/AmuroXShiho because of their chemistry. I'm just putting this out there, cause this certainly doesn't look like a topic I'm going to stick around and argue about.


Well I remember I completly fell in love with Aicon since the first chapter they talked together,at that time I didn't know they would become so close but I immediately liked their interactions.It's something that someone feels or not,and this is the way I feel with Okiya/Ai.They didn't talked that much but the way they talked to each other was enough for me to feel something. Their behavior to each other is also something I like.I completly understand that many people doesn't feel the way I do,but it's ok^^

Aicon now for me looks like a partnership/brother-sister relationship more than a romantic one,but I remember some years ago I thought they looked like a couple.I guess the manga chaged my POV about them.
Spoiler:
[spoiler]Image

mangaluva wrote:[/spoiler]
"I've built a wall not to keep people out, but to see who loves me enough to climb over it."
soul_dreamer
User avatar
Posts: 930

Re: I want Haibara/Shiho to end up with...

Postby soul_dreamer » April 14th, 2015, 8:46 am

Shuichi Akai a.k.a Subaru Okiya - I see him and Ai/Shiho more like a sibling relationship, and I don't think Shiho would date her dead sister's boyfriend, but I would definitely like to see more interactions between Ai/Shiho and Shuichi/Subaru. I just can't imagine them as a couple.

Tomoaki Araide - Is it because he's a doctor? Right now, I cannot see them as a couple due to the fact that they never (I think) interact with each other, but if Ai would return to her original body, and work together with Araide/interact with him more, then I guess they could become a couple. However, I doubt they would happen; they would need scenes together in order for their relationship to develop.

Mitsuhiko Tsuburaya - If Ai will stay as a child, then sure I guess they could happen. However, I would prefer Ai return to being Shiho. I just don't think she should run away from who she is. If Ai will become Shiho, then I doubt that we get Mitsuhiko and Shiho together ten years + later.

Saguru Hakuba - Well, it's kind of similar situation with Araide, I don't remember Ai interacting with Hakuba so definitely there would need to be scenes between them, however, I doubt they would become a couple.

A character that has no appeared yet - To be honest, I wouldn't like Ai/Shiho be paired with some random character unless Ai/Shiho and that character would get some development. Well, I won't say no to a new character, but it would have to be done well in order for me to like it.

Others:

Conan/Shinichi - There was potential in the past for him and Ai/Shiho to become a couple, however as @AICHAN mentioned they have more partnership/brother-sister relationship now. Ai/Shiho and Conan/Shinichi is my favourite pairing, but unfortunately, I cannot see them to happen, at least, not in canon.

Amuro/Rei - The other pairing I like - Shiho and Rei - but have low/zero chance of happening.

If I would have to choose whom I would like for Ai/Shiho to end up with, it would be either Conan/Shinichi or Amuro/Rei.

In Conan/Shinichi and Ai/Shiho's case, either the manga would have to be rewritten or we would have to get post Detective Conan chapters where Shinichi and Ran's relationship doesn't work out, and Shinichi develop romantic feelings for Shiho, but I guess many fans would be angry if that would happen.

In Amuro/Rei and Shiho's case, they would need more scenes, but somehow I doubt Ai would like to show her face to a BO's member, even though he's a spy.

Those two pairings are the ones I like, but they won't happen in canon. I think in the end, Ai/Shiho will remain single. I'm not against it as long as Ai will return to being Shiho.
Timtrack
User avatar
Posts: 8

Re: I want Haibara/Shiho to end up with...

Postby Timtrack » April 14th, 2015, 10:35 am

I think in the end, Ai/Shiho will remain single. I'm not against it as long as Ai will return to being Shiho.

Me too.
Personally, I'm still shipping Shiho+Shinichi even though I'm sure it won't happen.
For Akai+Shiho I don't mind as long as it gets more developpment, I see this more like a protective relationship than a romantic one and I don't think that will change (it would be kinda weird to see Shiho dating her sister ex-boyfriend).
I don't know for Amuro and Shiho, it would be interresting if they get more interractions.
Tomoaki Araide : no, it wouldn't work.
Saguru Hakuba : not really the same universe, Saguru only appears during Kaito cases and they've never met. (not sure about it)
Mitsuhiko Tsuburaya : damn everything but not him, his relationship with Haibara is the same as Ayumi with Conan : they share a crush on Ai/Conan but that's all, Haibara is 18 years old, Mitsuhiko is 7. I really hope Gosho won't make this, maybe he could confess and get rejected and then go with Ayumi but please, Gosho, don't make Haibara and Mitsuhiko a couple.

For a new character, why not, as long as he is around 18 years old and is smart.
I really hope Ai return to being Shiho, staying as a child would be... sad, it would be like running from her true life and lying to her friends.
Last edited by Timtrack on April 24th, 2015, 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nemomon
User avatar

This is my melody and it's just the raver's fantasy

Posts: 1045

Re: I want Haibara/Shiho to end up with...

Postby Nemomon » April 17th, 2015, 6:42 am

I would like if Haibara will end up with Conan. But if not, then Mitsuhiko. Eleven years of difference is nothing later on. Plus, for now they're kids and if Mitsuhiko loves her now, he also will love her when she will return to her real appearance.

Plus, she doesn't have much of options. Her only options are Conan or Mitsuhiko (or Genta if she will need a slave that doesn't think, but there's a risk that he will bugger up even the easiest task), but since Conan wants Ran, the only reliabe option is Mitsuhiko. Or a new character. But since currently she's a child, and currently she wants to be a child, nobody adult will ever notice her and will want to end up with her. Not as long as she's a child.
My dad’s a soldier blue I’ll be a soldier, too
When I grow older you will see me rescue you
I’ll teach you this old song so you can sing along
When I am dead and gone the day won’t be so long.
chibilove373
Posts: 5

Re: I want Haibara/Shiho to end up with...

Postby chibilove373 » April 23rd, 2015, 7:40 am

Timtrack wrote:
I really hope Ai return to being Shiho, staying as a child would be... sad, it would be like running from her true life and lying to her friends.

Sure, it would be sad for Ai-chan to stay as a child but if that's going to make her happy why not? As Miyano Shiho she has nothing left of her, no family or organisation but as Haibara Ai, even if its not her real name, she has the Detective boys (her first real friends) and Hakase (even if Conan returns back to Shinichi).

A lot of people on this thread seem to rule out Conan as a possibility because of their sibling-like relationship, but the new movie states otherwise, and so does the recent TV special. Obviously Conan likes Ran but Aichan still loves Conan.

I found the cultural difference very interesting because a lot of the Western Conan fans state their relationship is sibling like, while Japanese fans state they are like a married couple (having to look after their 3 kids)
Timtrack
User avatar
Posts: 8

Re: I want Haibara/Shiho to end up with...

Postby Timtrack » April 23rd, 2015, 8:27 am

chibilove373 wrote:A lot of people on this thread seem to rule out Conan as a possibility because of their sibling-like relationship

Well, the CoAi is almost dead since Kir arc, moreover we got a lot of ShinRan moments (London arc), it's true that Haibara might have a crush on Conan (and with the Tv special + movie 19 it seems to come back) but Shinichi is way too much in love with Ran (who also love him)...
[spoiler]Gosho also said that Ran will get a happy end, can you imagine an happy end for Ran without being with Shinichi ?[/spoiler]
Last edited by Timtrack on April 23rd, 2015, 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nemomon
User avatar

This is my melody and it's just the raver's fantasy

Posts: 1045

Re: I want Haibara/Shiho to end up with...

Postby Nemomon » April 23rd, 2015, 8:44 am

Timtrack wrote:[spoiler]Gosho also said that Ran will get a happy and, can you imagine an happy end for Ran without being with Shinichi ?[/spoiler]


Easily!
My dad’s a soldier blue I’ll be a soldier, too
When I grow older you will see me rescue you
I’ll teach you this old song so you can sing along
When I am dead and gone the day won’t be so long.
Mario2000
User avatar
Posts: 149

Re: I want Haibara/Shiho to end up with...

Postby Mario2000 » April 23rd, 2015, 12:17 pm

Nemomon wrote:
Timtrack wrote:[spoiler]Gosho also said that Ran will get a happy and, can you imagine an happy end for Ran without being with Shinichi ?[/spoiler]


Easily!

I hope you are wrong.
Mikasa
User avatar
Posts: 26

Re: I want Haibara/Shiho to end up with...

Postby Mikasa » April 24th, 2015, 3:57 am

soul_dreamer wrote:Shuichi Akai a.k.a Subaru Okiya - I see him and Ai/Shiho more like a sibling relationship, and I don't think Shiho would date her dead sister's boyfriend, I just can't imagine them as a couple.

I agree with you!
Nemomon
User avatar

This is my melody and it's just the raver's fantasy

Posts: 1045

Re: I want Haibara/Shiho to end up with...

Postby Nemomon » April 24th, 2015, 11:12 am

Mario2000 wrote:
Nemomon wrote:
Timtrack wrote:[spoiler]Gosho also said that Ran will get a happy and, can you imagine an happy end for Ran without being with Shinichi ?[/spoiler]


Easily!

I hope you are wrong.


Come on, even Sonoko managed to catch a guy (his head really must be kicked very hard if he agreed on dating Sonoko, unless he knows how rich she is and that is why he's dating her (even though all the time he's without her)). I'm pretty sure Ran will be able to find another guy who actually will be loving her, and won't be disappearing that often like Shinichi is, and for sure won't be monothematic.

I'm pretty sure this is what Gosho thought when he said that Ran will get a happy ending! A happy ending in arm of a guy who actually cares of her!
My dad’s a soldier blue I’ll be a soldier, too
When I grow older you will see me rescue you
I’ll teach you this old song so you can sing along
When I am dead and gone the day won’t be so long.
Mario2000
User avatar
Posts: 149

Re: I want Haibara/Shiho to end up with...

Postby Mario2000 » April 24th, 2015, 1:30 pm

Nemomon wrote:
Mario2000 wrote:
Nemomon wrote:
Timtrack wrote:[spoiler]Gosho also said that Ran will get a happy and, can you imagine an happy end for Ran without being with Shinichi ?[/spoiler]


Easily!

I hope you are wrong.


Come on, even Sonoko managed to catch a guy (his head really must be kicked very hard if he agreed on dating Sonoko, unless he knows how rich she is and that is why he's dating her (even though all the time he's without her)). I'm pretty sure Ran will be able to find another guy who actually will be loving her, and won't be disappearing that often like Shinichi is, and for sure won't be monothematic.

I'm pretty sure this is what Gosho thought when he said that Ran will get a happy ending! A happy ending in arm of a guy who actually cares of her!

I agree that Shinichi doesn't act good towards Ran, but I would rather prefer for him to change and start caring about her in the same degree she cares for him rather than for her to move on. I am a "first love" type of pairing fan, especially if the first love is also a childhood friend. This is my ideal of romance, although I agree Shinichi's behavior is far from ideal. I always take it badly when a pairing breaks up and people move on from first loves.
chibilove373
Posts: 5

Re: I want Haibara/Shiho to end up with...

Postby chibilove373 » April 24th, 2015, 10:25 pm

I used to really love romance among childhood friends, and I still do but it doesn't work for DC ShinRan anymore (at least for me). I don't know maybe its because Aoyama-sensei dragged the romance aspect, I mean I ship Heiji x Kazuha so much more than ShinRan
Mikasa wrote:
soul_dreamer wrote:Shuichi Akai a.k.a Subaru Okiya - I see him and Ai/Shiho more like a sibling relationship, and I don't think Shiho would date her dead sister's boyfriend, I just can't imagine them as a couple.

I agree with you!

Wow I don't understand how so much people just state Ai x someone has a sibling relationship, whether its Subaru, Mitsuhiko or Conan... For all, probably the only non-sibling like partner for Ai is Gin which I hope does not come true until Gin changes himself.
soul_dreamer
User avatar
Posts: 930

Re: I want Haibara/Shiho to end up with...

Postby soul_dreamer » April 25th, 2015, 8:05 am

chibilove373 wrote:Wow I don't understand how so much people just state Ai x someone has a sibling relationship, whether its Subaru, Mitsuhiko or Conan... For all, probably the only non-sibling like partner for Ai is Gin which I hope does not come true until Gin changes himself.


I don't want Gin to change himself, I couldn't even imagine him being someone else than a ruthless killer; and even if he would change, I would still not want Shiho to be with Gin. About the sibling relationship, well, it just gives that kind of vibe, though I still ship Ai/Shiho and Conan/Shinichi, even though I know they won't be canon (for me it's more fanon shipping than canon), besides I'm not sure even if I would like Ai/Shiho and Conan/Shinichi pairing in canon right now. I kind of think it's too late for this, I just can't imagine Conan suddenly saying he has romantic feelings to Ai.
Silverbullet96
Posts: 76

Re: I want Haibara/Shiho to end up with...

Postby Silverbullet96 » April 25th, 2015, 8:38 am

Mario2000 wrote:I agree that Shinichi doesn't act good towards Ran, but I would rather prefer for him to change and start caring about her in the same degree she cares for him rather than for her to move on. I am a "first love" type of pairing fan, especially if the first love is also a childhood friend. This is my ideal of romance, although I agree Shinichi's behavior is far from ideal. I always take it badly when a pairing breaks up and people move on from first loves.


Um what. He doesn't act good towards Ran ? He's only keeping his identity a secret to keep Ran and everybody safe from the BO as much as possible.
Mario2000
User avatar
Posts: 149

Re: I want Haibara/Shiho to end up with...

Postby Mario2000 » April 25th, 2015, 8:49 am

Silverbullet96 wrote:
Mario2000 wrote:I agree that Shinichi doesn't act good towards Ran, but I would rather prefer for him to change and start caring about her in the same degree she cares for him rather than for her to move on. I am a "first love" type of pairing fan, especially if the first love is also a childhood friend. This is my ideal of romance, although I agree Shinichi's behavior is far from ideal. I always take it badly when a pairing breaks up and people move on from first loves.


Um what. He doesn't act good towards Ran ? He's only keeping his identity a secret to keep Ran and everybody safe from the BO as much as possible.

Yes, but lately the BO has become a parody of itself; half of them are double-agents. If Ran discovered the truth, the BO would be in danger, not her ;D
But if talking seriously, Shinichi doesn't act very romantic, even the London confession was kind of "indirect". I don't know though, maybe he is just supposed to act like that, but maybe inside he feels differently.

Return to “Contests & Polls”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests