I want Haibara/Shiho to end up with...

Versus polls and this-or-that contests should find themselves in here.

I want Haibara/Shiho to end up with...

Subaru Okiya
22
14%
Tomoaki Araide
2
1%
Shuichi Akai
24
15%
Mitsuhiko Tsuburaya
50
32%
Saguru Hakuba
17
11%
A character that has not appeared yet
43
27%
 
Total votes: 158
Iwamoto Yuri
User avatar

SPARKLES

Posts: 2412

Re: I want Haibara/Shiho to end up with...

Postby Iwamoto Yuri » January 13th, 2013, 7:28 am

I think I'm the only one here who ships Haku/Shiho too then..?
(besides MitsuxAi)
Image
3DS Friend Code: 1564-5101-4615
Yuri gets advice from little fairies, and is thereby not held responsible for any stupid action
pixiv | etsy | livestream
The Doctor wrote:There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.
Yuco-chan
Posts: 6

Re: I want Haibara/Shiho to end up with...

Postby Yuco-chan » January 13th, 2013, 9:26 am

Aokochan wrote:
Yuco-chan wrote:
ranger wrote:
Yuco-chan"]
She'll end up with nobody because she'll die  >:D
...










I'm just kidding guys, of course she won't! D:







I'd actually be okay with that, I feel like that would be a very emotionally moving ending


Hmmm tbh, I'm actually also okay with that ;D IMO it's waaay better if she dies than ends up with somebody ::)

I don't want her to die, because even though it can make the ending more emotional, I hate it when the characters I like die, it's too sad!! Also, I don't think it has to be either ending up with somebody or dying, I think she can live happy without a lover, she has lots of people who love her without being a romantic love.
[/quote]

That option is okay, too! :D I'm also a Haibaraxresearch shipper... or AixTaii :3

[quote="Yuri Iwamoto wrote:I think I'm the only one here who ships Haku/Shiho too then..?
(besides MitsuxAi)


But why HakubaxShiho? They have never met if I remember correctly...
I think MitsuxAi is cute but I really really wouldn't like it if Ai remains small :( That wouldn't be right IMO...
Aokochan
User avatar

Avatar by Yuri Iwamoto <3

Posts: 778

Re: I want Haibara/Shiho to end up with...

Postby Aokochan » January 13th, 2013, 12:29 pm

My train of thoughts when you mentioned HaibaraxTaii:
1-That's right! Haibara loves cats!
2-B-but wouldn't that be zoophilia? O_o
3- What the hell! it's cute, and she would grow up without ever beong alone!
4- Wait, does that mean...
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Last edited by Aokochan on January 13th, 2013, 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spoiler: Awesome drawing by sonotacular sonoci
Image
 
Spoiler: cinnamoroll's christmas present <3333
ImageImage

Spoiler: what Akai and Sera have in common...
Image             Image
DCTP Cat Family
Raiden
User avatar

~If you gimme a smile, I'm on your side. Tomorrow we'll be alright~

Posts: 595

Contact:

Re: I want Haibara/Shiho to end up with...

Postby Raiden » January 13th, 2013, 2:07 pm

A character who has yet to appear, and preferable/hopefully not another childhood relationship shipping. Gosho has put enough of those into the story already... :P
3DS FC:2809 8617 8608
“Tea is the magic key to the vault where my brain is kept.” ― Frances Hardinge
“Tea has all the sexiness of coffee with none of the crazy-psycho side effects? I’m in love.”



Image
Spoiler: *Boops nose*
Image
Kahomi
User avatar

Favored Ai-chan since 2004.

Favored Rei-kun since 2014.

Favored Shuuichi since some time between those two :))

Posts: 70

Re: I want Haibara/Shiho to end up with...

Postby Kahomi » November 28th, 2014, 12:18 am

Subaru. Now though it's revealed that Akai is Subaru, I still want Shiho to be with him, the one with the Subaru personality :))
Met DC by chance then about 3 hours later it scared the sh*t out of me in Spring 2001 and I ran for my life.
But boredom made me come to it once again in Winter 2004.

And I fell for it. Ever since then. Though sometimes it still frightens me like the first time :)
Silverbullet96
Posts: 76

Re: I want Haibara/Shiho to end up with...

Postby Silverbullet96 » November 28th, 2014, 3:22 am

Tenken wrote:Hakuba is the main character in MK, so I guess Gosho already sets him up with a 'typical' girl similar to Ran.

Araide Tomoaki (Y)


Hakuba is attracted to Akako from what I saw, so it wasn't going to be someone like Ran.
yutella
Posts: 2

Re: I want Haibara/Shiho to end up with...

Postby yutella » February 23rd, 2015, 7:58 am

My gosh, the result of this topic shocks me to the point that I have to log in and write something (usually I only read posts in this forum).

How people want Haibara to end up with Mitsuhiko is beyond my understanding. I do know real life couple with the female ~10 years older than the male. But that only works at a certain chapter in their lives, usually when they are both adults (for example, male 20 and female 30).

Current Haibara may have a child form but her mind is of a 20 year old girl. How the hell someone at that age can fall in love with a kid? Or do you guys expect Haibara to live as a kid forever and 10 years later, she just falls for Mitsuhiko?

I have nothing against Mitsuhiko. Really. It's nice to see him act matured more than his peers and care for Haibara. But I see it as something nice and cute of his characteristics, no more, no less.

If Gosho really lets Haibara stay as a child and develop romantic relationship with Mitsuhiko in the future, it would feel so wrong to me. Haibara is way too matured to relive childhood for 10 more years, and what for? She doesn't need to live another life while she, as Shiho, has her own life already. Why does she have to abandon it? When BO collapses, she should live as who she really is. Otherwise that would be a total lie to herself and the kids.

As for a man that she should end up with, it should be someone who can offer her a sense of security, tenderness and can match her wits. For now, only 2 characters may fit that role: Akai/Subaru and Conan/Shinichi. However, Conan and Haibara together gives me a feeling of a partnership, friendship, sometimes a sister-younger brother relationship than a romantic one. Akai/Subaru actually looks the most suitable for Haibara. Akai may be too cold but he shows a softer, brighter, warmer side as Subaru and that what Haibara really needs. But heck, I don't even know why Akai had to be ex lover of Haibara's sister. I mean, Gosho could just let Akai approach Shiho directly (in this case he has to adjust their age a little bit) and use her right from the beginning, no need for the role of Akemi (or maybe Akemi is still there to serve for other purposes). That would create a lot more dramas in my opinion.

But anyway, it's highly possible that she will end up alone. If she has to end up with anyone, I would love to see her with Akai. I know it's controversial and unlikely to happen, but they're my OTP in this series. The most convincing couple with real chemistry if that ever happens.
Silverbullet96
Posts: 76

Re: I want Haibara/Shiho to end up with...

Postby Silverbullet96 » February 25th, 2015, 6:18 am

yutella wrote:But anyway, it's highly possible that she will end up alone. If she has to end up with anyone, I would love to see her with Akai. I know it's controversial and unlikely to happen, but they're my OTP in this series. The most convincing couple with real chemistry if that ever happens.


Just because Akai and Shiho have interesting backgrounds/personalities doesn't automatically mean they're going to have great chemistry.
AICHAN
User avatar

Curry time!

Posts: 2322

Re: I want Haibara/Shiho to end up with...

Postby AICHAN » February 25th, 2015, 6:55 am

Silverbullet96 wrote:
yutella wrote:But anyway, it's highly possible that she will end up alone. If she has to end up with anyone, I would love to see her with Akai. I know it's controversial and unlikely to happen, but they're my OTP in this series. The most convincing couple with real chemistry if that ever happens.


Just because Akai and Shiho have interesting backgrounds/personalities doesn't automatically mean they're going to have great chemistry.


well they know each other for a long time so we can assume they at least interacted a lot when they were in the BO and they care a bit about each other.The fact that he's still around means we'll see their interactions in the future.
It's better than pairing her with someone she never met(Hakuba,Higo),or someone who doesn't know who she really is(Mitsuhiko).
Nevermind I'm pretty sure she'll end up alone in the end so I don't really want to argue about that anymore...

@yutella:I completly agree with everything you said.
Spoiler:
[spoiler]Image

mangaluva wrote:[/spoiler]
"I've built a wall not to keep people out, but to see who loves me enough to climb over it."
Silverbullet96
Posts: 76

Re: I want Haibara/Shiho to end up with...

Postby Silverbullet96 » February 26th, 2015, 12:32 am

AICHAN wrote:well they know each other for a long time so we can assume they at least interacted a lot when they were in the BO and they care a bit about each other.The fact that he's still around means we'll see their interactions in the future.
It's better than pairing her with someone she never met(Hakuba,Higo),or someone who doesn't know who she really is(Mitsuhiko).
Nevermind I'm pretty sure she'll end up alone in the end so I don't really want to argue about that anymore...

@yutella:I completly agree with everything you said.


I don't think they know each other for a 'long' time, they only got related to each other when Shuichi started dating Akemi, and their interactions ended completely after Ai escaped the BO.
And I think that's the only way Shiho knows Akai, as 'the guy from BO who dated my sister'. Cause I can't really imagine both of them talking to each other, nevermind 'a lot', and never mind in a friendly manner like you say, when they were in the Black Organization.

EDIT: I'm right, it says in the Wiki that Ai knows Akai only as "Dai Moroboshi, her sister's boyfriend who betrayed the Organization."
sherry26
User avatar
Posts: 26

Re: I want Haibara/Shiho to end up with...

Postby sherry26 » February 26th, 2015, 11:34 am

yutella wrote:My gosh, the result of this topic shocks me to the point that I have to log in and write something (usually I only read posts in this forum).

How people want Haibara to end up with Mitsuhiko is beyond my understanding. I do know real life couple with the female ~10 years older than the male. But that only works at a certain chapter in their lives, usually when they are both adults (for example, male 20 and female 30).

Current Haibara may have a child form but her mind is of a 20 year old girl. How the hell someone at that age can fall in love with a kid? Or do you guys expect Haibara to live as a kid forever and 10 years later, she just falls for Mitsuhiko?

I have nothing against Mitsuhiko. Really. It's nice to see him act matured more than his peers and care for Haibara. But I see it as something nice and cute of his characteristics, no more, no less.

If Gosho really lets Haibara stay as a child and develop romantic relationship with Mitsuhiko in the future, it would feel so wrong to me. Haibara is way too matured to relive childhood for 10 more years, and what for? She doesn't need to live another life while she, as Shiho, has her own life already. Why does she have to abandon it? When BO collapses, she should live as who she really is. Otherwise that would be a total lie to herself and the kids.

As for a man that she should end up with, it should be someone who can offer her a sense of security, tenderness and can match her wits. For now, only 2 characters may fit that role: Akai/Subaru and Conan/Shinichi. However, Conan and Haibara together gives me a feeling of a partnership, friendship, sometimes a sister-younger brother relationship than a romantic one. Akai/Subaru actually looks the most suitable for Haibara. Akai may be too cold but he shows a softer, brighter, warmer side as Subaru and that what Haibara really needs. But heck, I don't even know why Akai had to be ex lover of Haibara's sister. I mean, Gosho could just let Akai approach Shiho directly (in this case he has to adjust their age a little bit) and use her right from the beginning, no need for the role of Akemi (or maybe Akemi is still there to serve for other purposes). That would create a lot more dramas in my opinion.

But anyway, it's highly possible that she will end up alone. If she has to end up with anyone, I would love to see her with Akai. I know it's controversial and unlikely to happen, but they're my OTP in this series. The most convincing couple with real chemistry if that ever happens.

this^ yeah. I completely agree with you.
Spoiler:
Image
VeneziaPaier
Posts: 7

Re: I want Haibara/Shiho to end up with...

Postby VeneziaPaier » March 9th, 2015, 6:16 pm

I think that the only character that could atract or make Haibara fell in love is Conan. I don't think another one could interest her. But it will be sad if she lefts alone so....

...has anyone thought about the possibility that Haibara maybe dies in one of the latest charapters by saving Conan or aomething like that? It's an idea that have been in my mind for many years..,
Silverbullet96
Posts: 76

Re: I want Haibara/Shiho to end up with...

Postby Silverbullet96 » March 10th, 2015, 4:01 am

VeneziaPaier wrote:I think that the only character that could atract or make Haibara fell in love is Conan. I don't think another one could interest her. But it will be sad if she lefts alone so....


Exactly. AiCon match up very well together. A lot of people here support Akai/Shiho or Amuro/Shiho or Hakuba/Shiho and either believe that Shiho 'deserves' somebody like that or for some reason automatically assume they will make an great couple just because both of them are interesting characters and/or have interesting history. Chemistry of a couple cannot be concluded by factors like that. Hattori/Shiho have interesting/amusing/funny interactions but I doubt anybody notices that, everybody wants "AKAI or Amuro would bi grat for Haibra !"


VeneziaPaier wrote:...has anyone thought about the possibility that Haibara maybe dies in one of the latest charapters by saving Conan or aomething like that? It's an idea that have been in my mind for many years..,


She could die. She looks like the best fit right now to be that character. I don't want her to though.
AICHAN
User avatar

Curry time!

Posts: 2322

Re: I want Haibara/Shiho to end up with...

Postby AICHAN » March 10th, 2015, 1:35 pm

Silverbullet96 wrote:
VeneziaPaier wrote:I think that the only character that could atract or make Haibara fell in love is Conan. I don't think another one could interest her. But it will be sad if she lefts alone so....


Exactly. AiCon match up very well together. A lot of people here support Akai/Shiho or Amuro/Shiho or Hakuba/Shiho and either believe that Shiho 'deserves' somebody like that or for some reason automatically assume they will make an great couple just because both of them are interesting characters and/or have interesting history. Chemistry of a couple cannot be concluded by factors like that. Hattori/Shiho have interesting/amusing/funny interactions but I doubt anybody notices that, everybody wants "AKAI or Amuro would bi grat for Haibra !"


I support Akaixshiho because I think their interactions are interesting,not because they are good characters,I feel like I'm repeating myself and as usual you are saying facts without trying to accept people's point of view.This topic is completly subjective,so if you think Aicon has good chemestry that's great(I like them too),but some people can see good chemistry with other characters.

Anyway Ai will probably end up alone,which would be great too because she doesn't need a boyfriend to be good,she's awesome no matter what happens to her.
Spoiler:
[spoiler]Image

mangaluva wrote:[/spoiler]
"I've built a wall not to keep people out, but to see who loves me enough to climb over it."
Silverbullet96
Posts: 76

Re: I want Haibara/Shiho to end up with...

Postby Silverbullet96 » March 10th, 2015, 2:40 pm

AICHAN wrote:I support Akaixshiho because I think their interactions are interesting,not because they are good characters,I feel like I'm repeating myself and as usual you are saying facts without trying to accept people's point of view.This topic is completly subjective,so if you think Aicon has good chemestry that's great(I like them too),but some people can see good chemistry with other characters.

Anyway Ai will probably end up alone,which would be great too because she doesn't need a boyfriend to be good,she's awesome no matter what happens to her.


What kind of consistent 'interactions' have you seen between Akai and Shiho to ship them for that reason ? Yeah it is kind of a tense atmosphere when they both interact with each other (the very, very few times they have btw ::) ) like when Haibara tried to take off his scarf when he was Okiya, or their little formal conversation they had right before when he thought "After all I had promised Akemi to protect Shiho", but is that really enough to immediately decide they have great chemistry ? Especially as a romantic couple :-\ ? Her and Amuro's interactions are even fewer I guess. So I'm just not convinced that most people ship Akai/AmuroXShiho because of their chemistry. I'm just putting this out there, cause this certainly doesn't look like a topic I'm going to stick around and argue about.

Return to “Contests & Polls”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests