Least favorite character

Versus polls and this-or-that contests should find themselves in here.

Which character is your least favorite?

Conan / Shinichi
3
1%
Ran
51
20%
Heiji
1
0%
Kazuha
1
0%
Mori Kogoro
2
1%
Kisaki Eri
0
No votes
Kudo Yusaku
1
0%
Kudo Yukiko
1
0%
Genta
51
20%
Mitsuhiko
6
2%
Ayumi
11
4%
Ai Haibara
20
8%
Professor Agasa
0
No votes
Sonoko
10
4%
Yamamura
26
10%
Megure
0
No votes
Yokomizo Sango
1
0%
Yokomizo Jugo
0
No votes
Matsumoto Kiyonaga
0
No votes
Takagi
0
No votes
Sato
0
No votes
Chiba
2
1%
Yumi
1
0%
Shiratori
2
1%
Kobayashi
0
No votes
Kujo Reiko
1
0%
Jodie
2
1%
Akai Shuichi
0
No votes
James Black
0
No votes
Andre Camel
0
No votes
Okiya Subaru
4
2%
Gin
1
0%
Vodka
1
0%
Vermouth
3
1%
Korn
1
0%
Chianti
4
2%
Kir
3
1%
Kaito Kid
9
4%
Inspector Nakamori
1
0%
Aoko
0
No votes
Suzuki Jirokichi
11
4%
Okino Yoko
3
1%
The dog Lupin
2
1%
The cat Goro
1
0%
Eisuke
20
8%
 
Total votes: 257
ProfParanoia
User avatar
Posts: 3350

Re: Least favorite character

Postby ProfParanoia » May 13th, 2011, 3:31 pm

Nyarl wrote:
ProfParanoia wrote:
Schillok wrote:
kyuuketsuki wrote:What...? Why are you speechless? Is it because I hate most of the main cast?

Well... yes.
You hate the main character. You dislike Ran, the other main character. You hate Ayumi and Genta who will appear 95% of the cases where Ran does not appear. Why are you watching the show anyway?
"If you dun like Amerika den get the HELL OUT!"

What a horrible analogy. It's actually costly to liquidate one's assets, find a place that'll let you immigrate, book passage and establish residence there (not to mention the U.S. actually made laws to make it even more costly). Not carping on fan forums about something you dislike is almost free. If only costs you the joy of carping. Don't believe your carping imposes no external costs to others' enjoyment of their fandom, either.
Exactly, because costs being the same was all my post was about, you got me!
Kleene Onigiri
Community Rice Warrior
User avatar

*punches Akonyl*

Posts: 2476

Re: Least favorite character

Postby Kleene Onigiri » May 13th, 2011, 4:12 pm

Well, there are some other mangakas that have just "one palette of characters" that totally look the same. Like being reincarnated in another story over and over again, and the story is usually also quite identical. And those mangakas are still popular.

Well, Magic Kaitou didn't work so well. So gosho made a new story and copied his characters a bit, since he liked the characters. (but changed them over the time too) At least he didn't do that for 20 manga creations of him :x
Image
Keyhole drawn by Yuri Iwamoto <3

Spoiler: Secret Santa gift from Commi-Ninja <3
A Black Organization Christmas Carol (need to fix the link)

3DS Friend Code: 4141 3202 3514

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Giff holidays
Abs.
DCTP Staff Hero
Posts: 3265

Re: Least favorite character

Postby Abs. » May 13th, 2011, 5:39 pm

Did some housekeeping on this thread
Your opinion is always requested in Abs.' Random Polls of Whenever
1Kaito
User avatar

Cups of the XO.......

Posts: 576

Re: Least favorite character

Postby 1Kaito » May 13th, 2011, 6:00 pm

What the hell is carping?
Image
Kor
Administrator
Posts: 2966

Re: Least favorite character

Postby Kor » May 13th, 2011, 6:04 pm

AbEgho wrote:Such parameters are arbitrarily set, so, in this case, it is really unreasonable to argue!


I think you take me too seriously here.

I'll try to explain myself better.

You can't indiscriminately criticise an artist for whatever petty minutiae you observe in his work!


The thing is, that I don't do that. There are plenty of stuff you could nitpick on in DC and anime/manga in general, but I don't really do that.
Replicating a character from another work is definitely not "petty minutiae"

AbEgho wrote:Well that definitely facilitated the process of the initial creation of DC; which in turn allowed him to avoid a potential writer's block that would have left Gosho idling aimlessly on how to begin a story, instead of coming up with other more important element in DC that we know have.........


It wouldn't have bothered me if Magic Kaito was never published and remained only on drafts that would have been released later. Then I would have agreed with you.
If for example J.K. Rowling would start to write another book series, and the protagonist's personality and behavior would be just like Harry Potter's, do you honestly believe that book critics would let her get away with it?

Kleene Onigiri wrote:Well, there are some other mangakas that have just "one palette of characters" that totally look the same. Like being reincarnated in another story over and over again, and the story is usually also quite identical. And those mangakas are still popular.


Just because they are popular doesn't mean that they are beyond criticism. BUT, just because I criticize them, doesn't mean I have a problem with them being popular or that they shouldn't be popular. I might even enjoy their stories and characters even if it's all a replica, but that does not counter my ability to criticize. I can enjoy their work, but at the same time also criticize them.

Kleene Onigiri wrote:Well, Magic Kaitou didn't work so well. So gosho made a new story and copied his characters a bit, since he liked the characters.


The thing is, that I have never said that it's "the worst thing ever and that Gosho should burn in hell for that". I only said what Kleene said above. Does it ruin the manga? Obviously not.
There are fun characters and I like the story. If I really had so many problems with the series, I wouldn't have been here now would I?

Many people think that criticism is just a different form of antagoning the work, but it really isn't.
Even we, as human beings, must deal with criticism all the time. The question is, how do you take it. I'm am a musician, so I have to deal with many people who criticize me all the time, so of course I can go in the easy route and say that they are just indiscriminately criticizing me for whatever petty minutae they observe in what I do - but would that really help me? I don't think so.
I can accept what they say and try to get better.
I criticize myself all the time, for example - I wrote a new song, but the way the melody of chorus is structured, it is just like the chorus of the previous song I wrote. Now, do I think it is the worst thing in the world? No. Does it ruin the whole song? No. But does it show that I was being creative? Again, I have to go with no.
Image
kkslider5552000
Community Villain
User avatar

Enjoys making videos that no one will watch

Posts: 7946

Contact:

Re: Least favorite character

Postby kkslider5552000 » May 14th, 2011, 4:29 pm

Last edited by kkslider5552000 on May 14th, 2011, 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Let's Play Bioshock Infinite: viewtopic.php?f=10&p=879594#p879594

Image

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Wii U ID: SliderGamer55
Jd-
DCTP Staff Member
User avatar
Posts: 6180

Re: Least favorite character

Postby Jd- » May 14th, 2011, 5:36 pm

AbEgho wrote:
Nyarl wrote:What a horrible analogy. It's actually costly to liquidate one's assets, find a place that'll let you immigrate, book passage and establish residence there (not to mention the U.S. actually made laws to make it even more costly). Not carping on fan forums about something you dislike is almost free. If only costs you the joy of carping. Don't believe your carping imposes no external costs to others' enjoyment of their fandom, either.

You certainly are taking this very playfully!


As I predicted nearly a year ago: Nyarl simply cannot bring himself to leave. He pretends he wants his account deleted, but he really can't quit us.
Abs.
DCTP Staff Hero
Posts: 3265

Re: Least favorite character

Postby Abs. » May 14th, 2011, 10:06 pm

ADDICTED TO YOU~
Your opinion is always requested in Abs.' Random Polls of Whenever
ProfParanoia
User avatar
Posts: 3350

Re: Least favorite character

Postby ProfParanoia » May 14th, 2011, 10:24 pm

Guys don't be mean, he's trying super hard!
Jd- wrote:
AbEgho wrote:
Nyarl wrote:What a horrible analogy. It's actually costly to liquidate one's assets, find a place that'll let you immigrate, book passage and establish residence there (not to mention the U.S. actually made laws to make it even more costly). Not carping on fan forums about something you dislike is almost free. If only costs you the joy of carping. Don't believe your carping imposes no external costs to others' enjoyment of their fandom, either.

You certainly are taking this very playfully!

As I predicted nearly a year ago: Nyarl simply cannot bring himself to leave. He pretends he wants his account deleted, but he really can't quit us.
I think he just wants me, he keeps coming back for me.
Bubbles
Posts: 1

Re: Least favorite character

Postby Bubbles » May 15th, 2011, 12:42 am

I randomly voted Yamamura so I could see the results  :P
Nyarl

Lost Detective

Posts: 670

Re: Least favorite character

Postby Nyarl » May 15th, 2011, 3:28 pm

Jd- wrote:
AbEgho wrote:
Nyarl wrote:What a horrible analogy. It's actually costly to liquidate one's assets, find a place that'll let you immigrate, book passage and establish residence there (not to mention the U.S. actually made laws to make it even more costly). Not carping on fan forums about something you dislike is almost free. If only costs you the joy of carping. Don't believe your carping imposes no external costs to others' enjoyment of their fandom, either.

You certainly are taking this very playfully!


As I predicted nearly a year ago: Nyarl simply cannot bring himself to leave. He pretends he wants his account deleted, but he really can't quit us.


Well, your scans make this the most active forum. Being a fan of the series, is it so surprising I'd check in every once in a while (especially since you make the early translation sub-forum only viewable after logging in)? Why carping/utter nonsense spewing anti-fans (hi Kor) are doing moderating a nominal fan forum is a more interesting question. Note I wouldn't have the motivation to make sock puppets, so if you want me gone, I'd be gone, just delete the account. I'd basically hang out in the spoilers chatbox, maybe look into other forums*. If you don't want me gone, then you're just going to have to accept I no longer like/respect you guys enough make avoiding blatant flames/spoilers worthwhile to me.

*(note I haven't been back to the "no bumping old threads AND no duplicating threads IMPLIES don't actually make posts about the more slowly developed elements of the story" German fascist run forum for years now, though it might not even exist anymore...)
é»’ã
1Kaito
User avatar

Cups of the XO.......

Posts: 576

Re: Least favorite character

Postby 1Kaito » May 15th, 2011, 5:00 pm

Nothing is stopping you from leaving if you don't like anyone here you can just go it's not that serious man just calm down....
Image
ProfParanoia
User avatar
Posts: 3350

Re: Least favorite character

Postby ProfParanoia » May 15th, 2011, 5:14 pm

Nyarl wrote:*(note I haven't been back to the "no bumping old threads AND no duplicating threads IMPLIES don't actually make posts about the more slowly developed elements of the story" German fascist run forum for years now, though it might not even exist anymore...)
I feel the same way. Not allowing a spam of the same threads and useless posts bumping them and burring new threads is JUST like people who committed the most famous genocide in history.

PS. That was so terribly written I wanna frame it.
Last edited by ProfParanoia on May 15th, 2011, 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nyarl

Lost Detective

Posts: 670

Re: Least favorite character

Postby Nyarl » May 15th, 2011, 6:16 pm

ProfParanoia wrote:
Nyarl wrote:*(note I haven't been back to the "no bumping old threads AND no duplicating threads IMPLIES don't actually make posts about the more slowly developed elements of the story" German fascist run forum for years now, though it might not even exist anymore...)
I feel the same way. Not allowing a spam of the same threads and useless posts bumping them and burring new threads is JUST like people who committed the most famous genocide in history.

PS. That was so terribly written I wanna frame it.


I said German fascist, not Nazi. The German part was literally true last I checked (ie, the admin was German). Stupid over-moderation to the point of chilling discussion being "fascist" is a matter of opinion. The moderators here haven't been that bad, yet. (BTW, a lot of the moderators there were pretty smart-in-the-IQ-sense kids, they just weren't particularly wise about how to make rules and make non-rote judgments.)
Last edited by Nyarl on May 15th, 2011, 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
é»’ã
ProfParanoia
User avatar
Posts: 3350

Re: Least favorite character

Postby ProfParanoia » May 15th, 2011, 6:29 pm

Nyarl wrote:I said German fascist, not Nazi. The German part was literally true last I checked (ie, the admin was German).
Oh, so you weren't talking about Fascists Germans, just labeling a person by nationality.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests