conan x ...

Versus polls and this-or-that contests should find themselves in here.

choose

conan x haibara
44%
conan x ran
31%
conan x myself
5%
conan x akemi
1%
conan x jodie
1%
conan x vermouth
7%
conan x Ayumi
11%

Total votes: 75
Tanner-kun

Re: conan x ...

Postby Tanner-kun » July 23rd, 2010, 1:12 pm

conia wrote:
Shuuichi Akai wrote:
Xcommando wrote:
conia wrote:I'm not voting until Conan x Ayumi is added.
if this is added please also add the remove vote option i want to vote ayumi. Image
Be my guest to vote now

YEAH!
*Votes for AyuCon*
could you please add the remove vote option. i would like to vote ayumi.
Detective Tommy

Postby Detective Tommy » July 23rd, 2010, 10:13 pm

Eh, Conan+Ran = No. That's weird.
I voted Conan+Ayumi because I think they're a nicer couple than Ai+Conan.

I want Ai with Mitsuhiko.

"Well, a child's curiosity and a detective's spirit of inquiry... Do have much in common, after all..." - Tooru Amuro

Girl19

Postby Girl19 » July 24th, 2010, 9:06 am

It's hilarious seeing the ShinRan fans who think ConanxRan is weird systematically voting for AyuCon just to be against AiCon, even though AyuCon is just as weird as ConanxRan (lolicon and shotacon respectively), if not, weirder (since Conan is actually 17 despite his appearance). :-*

ranger wrote:
Girl19 wrote:ConanxHaibara gets my vote. <3

But of course :)

What's obvious is obvious. 8)
[center]Image Image
â
Conia
Yurikochan's Husband

Conan Shuuichi

Postby Conia » July 24th, 2010, 1:58 pm

Girl19 wrote:It's hilarious seeing the ShinRan fans who think ConanxRan is weird systematically voting for AyuCon just to be against AiCon, even though AyuCon is just as weird as ConanxRan (lolicon and shotacon respectively), if not, weirder (since Conan is actually 17 despite his appearance). :-*

In my case, I already explained why I think AyuCon is possible in case Conan never gets his body back. Indeed, I think AyuCon is a better pair than AiCon as to which one has better chances of becoming a couple.
Eve

Hiatus :P

Postby Eve » July 24th, 2010, 2:46 pm

conia wrote:
Shuuichi Akai wrote:
Xcommando wrote:
conia wrote:I'm not voting until Conan x Ayumi is added.
if this is added please also add the remove vote option i want to vote ayumi. Image
Be my guest to vote now

YEAH!
*Votes for AyuCon*

Image Image
[quote="朱砂泪"]
镜湖翠微低云垂佳人å¸
Girl19

Postby Girl19 » July 24th, 2010, 6:18 pm

conia wrote:
Girl19 wrote:It's hilarious seeing the ShinRan fans who think ConanxRan is weird systematically voting for AyuCon just to be against AiCon, even though AyuCon is just as weird as ConanxRan (lolicon and shotacon respectively), if not, weirder (since Conan is actually 17 despite his appearance). :-*

In my case, I already explained why I think AyuCon is possible in case Conan never gets his body back. Indeed, I think AyuCon is a better pair than AiCon as to which one has better chances of becoming a couple.

So you really think there are more chances that Conan ends up with a girl who's 10 years younger than him and who has no affinities with him, than with a girl who's around his age (1 year older) and who understands him and has been through the same experiences as him?
[center]Image Image
â
Detective Prince

Postby Detective Prince » July 25th, 2010, 12:21 am

I predict Conia is going to post any second now...
Conia
Yurikochan's Husband

Conan Shuuichi

Postby Conia » July 25th, 2010, 12:22 am

Girl19 wrote:
conia wrote:

So you really think there are more chances that Conan ends up with a girl who's 10 years younger than him and who has no affinities with him, than with a girl who's around his age (1 year older) and who understands him and has been through the same experiences as him?

Ayumi does have affinities with Conan. She has expressed her crush on Conan more than once.
(All of the following is assuming Conan never gets his body back)
Ayumi is mentally 10 years younger than Conan, but phisically equal to him. It's clear that they won't start dating right away, but when both reach their teenage forms, Ayumi would have mentally grown up and developed her personality and views about life. Ayumi at the moment has very similar values and interests to Conan. Some of them were already adopted by her since she appeared in DC, like "You always have to say the truth" or "Everyone has a good side". Others were adopted by Conan, like the interest in soccer and cases or "Only one truth prevails". If Ayumi stays around Conan, there's a very big possibility these values and interests will remain in her. When they both reach their teenage forms, Conan will notice they share many things in life (Or Ayumi will force him to see them), and will probably be interested in this Ayumi, unlike now just because he sees her as an elementary girl. This is why I think they can be together in a future.
Haibara does share the same as Conan at the moment: Being trapped in their 7-8 years old body. Ai already has developed her personality and views about life, and we can see (I should find the manga panels to support this, but as a non-manga reader, it is quite difficult for me :() she differs bigly with Conan. Yes, she has adopted things from Conan like Ayumi, but as she has already gone through this process of forming her own beliefs and interests (somehow), it is less likely she will extermely change.
[spoiler]I don't really want to make a debate out of this. I'm just repeating what has been said millions of times in different sections of this Forum from my point of view.[/spoiler]

Detective Prince wrote:I predict Conia is going to post any second now...

Someone is learning how to stalk people ::)
Detective Tommy

Postby Detective Tommy » July 25th, 2010, 2:28 am

Seeing Conan and Ayumi together, does make me think about Shinichi being with Ayumi.
Which makes Shinichi look like a pedophile.

And I'm against Ai+Conan, FOREVER!!!

"Well, a child's curiosity and a detective's spirit of inquiry... Do have much in common, after all..." - Tooru Amuro

Detective Prince

Postby Detective Prince » July 25th, 2010, 9:00 am

Detective Tommy wrote: Ai+Conan, FOREVER!!!
This is all I saw.
Detective Tommy

Postby Detective Tommy » July 25th, 2010, 10:59 am

Detective Prince wrote:
Detective Tommy wrote:And I'm against Ai+Conan, FOREVER!!!
AGREED.

This is what I saw.

Detective Prince

Postby Detective Prince » July 25th, 2010, 11:42 am

Detective Tommy wrote:
Detective Prince wrote:
Detective Tommy wrote:Ai+Conan, FOREVER!!!
AGREED!
That is all I saw :-\ stop writing so many unneccisary words

This is what I saw.
Detective Tommy

Postby Detective Tommy » July 25th, 2010, 12:00 pm

Detective Prince wrote:
Detective Tommy wrote:
Detective Prince wrote:
AGREED!

This is what I saw.

That is all I saw :-\ stop writing so many unneccisary words

Fail at quoting! Fixed.

Girl19

Postby Girl19 » July 26th, 2010, 11:21 am

conia wrote:Ayumi does have affinities with Conan. She has expressed her crush on Conan more than once.
(All of the following is assuming Conan never gets his body back)
Ayumi is mentally 10 years younger than Conan, but phisically equal to him. It's clear that they won't start dating right away, but when both reach their teenage forms, Ayumi would have mentally grown up and developed her personality and views about life. Ayumi at the moment has very similar values and interests to Conan. Some of them were already adopted by her since she appeared in DC, like "You always have to say the truth" or "Everyone has a good side". Others were adopted by Conan, like the interest in soccer and cases or "Only one truth prevails". If Ayumi stays around Conan, there's a very big possibility these values and interests will remain in her. When they both reach their teenage forms, Conan will notice they share many things in life (Or Ayumi will force him to see them), and will probably be interested in this Ayumi, unlike now just because he sees her as an elementary girl. This is why I think they can be together in a future.
Haibara does share the same as Conan at the moment: Being trapped in their 7-8 years old body. Ai already has developed her personality and views about life, and we can see (I should find the manga panels to support this, but as a non-manga reader, it is quite difficult for me :() she differs bigly with Conan. Yes, she has adopted things from Conan like Ayumi, but as she has already gone through this process of forming her own beliefs and interests (somehow), it is less likely she will extermely change.
[spoiler]I don't really want to make a debate out of this. I'm just repeating what has been said millions of times in different sections of this Forum from my point of view.[/spoiler]

[spoiler]I wouldn't know what's been said about AyuCon in the forum since I don't read the Ayumi+Conan thread and generally don't read any Ayumi+Conan related discussion.. Which is why I'm still surprised I'm here right now. ^^; But I'll try to state my opinion about the matter quickly.[/spoiler]
Do we at least agree that 7-year-old-looking Conan, who's actually 17-years-old, with the 7 year old Ayumi, is lolicon wrong?
As for the grown-up Ayumi, all that you've said is just plain speculations. We can't really know if the grown-up Ayumi will keep the same interests and values that she has now. People do change, and maybe Ai is a good example of that. Nobody can deny how much she has changed since she knew Conan; she's learned a lot from him and he's learned from her as well. There's a reciprocal learning and understanding relationship between the two which doesn't exist between Conan and Ayumi. And that's what I meant by "affinities" previously, I meant "similarity and understanding" not "attraction and/or feelings".
Another point is that Ayumi's interest in Conan may disappear as she ages. I think so because, first of all, her interest in Conan, as for now, is just a normal childish crush based on how Conan impresses her because he knows things which only grown-ups would know and sometimes wouldn't. When she grows up, she probably won't find him as impressing as she does now, and loses interest in him.
Anyhow, I personally think that, even if Conan stays in a child's body and grows up with Ayumi, he won't be interested in her in a romantic way. He will most likely always see her as a little girl.

Hating on a fictional pairing this much may leads you to huring yourself. Chill out. Have a cookie and some hot-choco. :3
[center]Image Image
â
Schillok

GCA UAC U AUG AUA

Postby Schillok » July 26th, 2010, 1:56 pm

Girl19 wrote:Do we at least agree that 7-year-old-looking Conan, who's actually 17-years-old, with the 7 year old Ayumi, is lolicon wrong?

Not any more wrong than the 7-year-old-looking Conan with the 17 year old Ran. Or the 7-year-old-looking Conan with the 7-year-old-looking Haibara.
Let's face it, as a 7 year old Conan would not be able to be with any girl - at least not in a serious relationship.

This leads to the conclusion that Conan HAS to grow up to be with anyone.

As for the grown-up Ayumi, all that you've said is just plain speculations. We can't really know if the grown-up Ayumi will keep the same interests and values that she has now. People do change, and maybe Ai is a good example of that. Nobody can deny how much she has changed since she knew Conan; she's learned a lot from him and he's learned from her as well.

Really? What did Conan learn from Haibara that he didn't know before? There is nothing that comes to my mind. Maybe you will find a small thing if you search long enough. But the same could probably be said for Ayumi as well.

You have to assume some stability in the likes, dislikes and behavior of the characters. Yes, Ayumi might change her interests and values. But at the same point Haibara could become a giggling, girly friend-of-all-living-beings. Could happen. But it is unlikely.

There's a reciprocal learning and understanding relationship between the two which doesn't exist between Conan and Ayumi.

"Reciprocal" (=opposite, inverse) is a good word to describe Conan and Haibara. They are completely inverse to each other. Too different to really understand each other.
As you said, it is different with Conan and Ayumi: They like the same things so they are more or less "linear" to each other.

Another point is that Ayumi's interest in Conan may disappear as she ages. I think so because, first of all, her interest in Conan, as for now, is just a normal childish crush based on how Conan impresses her because he knows things which only grown-ups would know and sometimes wouldn't. When she grows up, she probably won't find him as impressing as she does now, and loses interest in him.

Again, this is pure speculation. Ran certain was impressed by Shinichis knowledge since early childhood and carried on (and developed) her feelings while they grew up. There is no reason why Ayumi can't be the same way.

Anyhow, I personally think that, even if Conan stays in a child's body and grows up with Ayumi, he won't be interested in her in a romantic way. He will most likely always see her as a little girl.

He sees her as a little girl right now because... well, because she IS a little girl. (Though he also seems her as a friend I think.)
Ayumi will grow up - physically and psychically. And Conan won't be able to ignore that at some point.
Of course, even then it does not mean he will feel attracted to her. On the other hand... she is quite similar to his first love (Ran). If a more mature Ayumi is the same (physical) age as him, and has the traits that he likes in women... what would stop him from falling in love with her at some point?