Shinichi+Ran or Conan+Ai?

Versus polls and this-or-that contests should find themselves in here.

Shinichi+Ran or Conan+Ai?

Shinichi+Ran
58%
Conan+Ai
37%
Neither one
5%

Total votes: 352
c-square

Shounen Tantei Dan, Dai Seikou!

Re: Shinichi+Ran or Conan+Ai?

Postby c-square » June 2nd, 2010, 12:57 am

Abs. wrote:We need to add two more options.

Shinichi x Conan
Ran x Ai

Yes!  Shinichi x Conan rules over all!!
Image - Get your Detective Conan bobbleheads today! - Image
dilbertschalter

Postby dilbertschalter » June 2nd, 2010, 1:04 am

Akonyl wrote:
louiemsp wrote:This is gonna be another hell of a fight... not between Ran or Ai, but between their fans...   :P

It's not much of a fight, I mean it's just the people who favor the canonical couple trying to talk sense into a bunch of delusional crazies who will hear none of it.

(oh snap did he really just say that)

I'm not entirely sure how some couple being canonical is relevant, when it comes to issues of personal opinion like this.

it's not
Detective Movies Contest 2013: Information Thread  Current Faceoff

"The energies of our system will decay; the glory of the sun will be dimmed, and the earth, tideless and inert, will no longer tolerate the race which has for a moment disturbed its solitude. Man will go down into the pit, and all his thoughts will perish. The uneasy consciousness, which in this obscure corner has for a brief space broken the contented silence of the universe, will be at rest. Matter will know itself no longer. 'Imperishable monuments' and 'immortal deeds,' death itself, and love stronger than death, will be as though they had never been."
bluekaitou1412
Community Phantom

Indie artist. Likes books and all things Haibara.

Postby bluekaitou1412 » June 2nd, 2010, 1:16 am

dilbertschalter wrote:but she doesn't seem like the kind of personal who will be successful at love or at life in general for that matter.

What?! What do you mean she's not going to be successful in life?
randompi314159

Someone call Captain Obvious?

Postby randompi314159 » June 2nd, 2010, 1:27 am

c-square wrote:
Abs. wrote:We need to add two more options.

Shinichi x Conan
Ran x Ai

Yes!  Shinichi x Conan rules over all!!

oh yeah 8)
3DS FC: 4081-5522-0164

ziraulo

Finally broke that Lurking Spell...

Postby ziraulo » June 2nd, 2010, 1:58 am

I pick ShinRan!!!  ;D  *sees Yoru's mecha* Yoru, what did I tell you about bringing that thing to polls?

*mecha hides in bushes*
[spoiler]They hatched!!! I'm a mom!!!!

Image Image Image

My tumblr: http://ziraulo.tumblr.com/

3DS Friend Code: 0189-9300-8351[/spoiler]
Girl19

Postby Girl19 » June 2nd, 2010, 3:46 am

Akonyl wrote:It's not much of a fight, I mean it's just the people who favor the canonical couple trying to talk sense into a bunch of delusional crazies who will hear none of it.

(oh snap did he really just say that)

At least the bunch of delusional crazies have many canonical AiCon moments to back up their not-so-delusional-craziness.

So I don't vote for the obvious canonical one, I vote for the unapparent canonical one.
[center]Image Image
â
Elika12

Postby Elika12 » June 2nd, 2010, 9:30 am

conia wrote:Finally, the W.W.III has started :-X :-X

Even the W.W.III didn't started when I created the Shinichi+Ran thread? ???
Found

Dead.

Postby Found » June 2nd, 2010, 9:57 am

kirite wrote:Ah the topic that every new forum member will talk about at least once.

Yes. When I first met a DC fan in real life, this is the exact question I asked them first.

Anyway, a welcome to the forum from me too. ;D
No amount of apologies will express how much I regret it.
AICHAN

Curry time!

Postby AICHAN » June 2nd, 2010, 1:00 pm

dilbertschalter wrote:I don't really have an Ai oTp, she is second favorite character, but she doesn't seem like the kind of personal who will be successful at love or at life in general for that matter.

I understand why you think she's not the kind of girl who'll be successful in love(in gosho's world,girls like Haibara doesn't deserve love apparently,contrary to the other "normal "girls ::)) but i don't know why you think she won't be successful at life...she seems to be a very independant and resourceful person... ???

anyway,an other couple thread,which will lead to an other war between fans ::)
i don't even want to talk about them...as usual I voted for conan and ai...

I just wanna say that aicon fan aren't "delusionnal"or"crazy",as some intolerant people say...
on the contrary,we all know what will be the ending and we still supporting coai because we like them,not because it's canon...
and sorry if we don't feel anything with shinran relationship,it has nothing to do with logic ::)
Spoiler:
[spoiler]Image

mangaluva wrote:[/spoiler]
"I've built a wall not to keep people out, but to see who loves me enough to climb over it."
xGinx

Postby xGinx » June 2nd, 2010, 2:30 pm

LOL, I supported it ;D ;D

ShinxRan for me (I like boths to be honest)

Anonnymus wrote:[...] Prof decided to rape a giant juice maker using a feather of ostrich [...]
dilbertschalter

Postby dilbertschalter » June 2nd, 2010, 2:53 pm

AICHAN wrote:
dilbertschalter wrote:I don't really have an Ai oTp, she is second favorite character, but she doesn't seem like the kind of personal who will be successful at love or at life in general for that matter.

I understand why you think she's not the kind of girl who'll be successful in love(in gosho's world,girls like Haibara doesn't deserve love apparently,contrary to the other "normal "girls ::)) but i don't know why you think she won't be successful at life...she seems to be a very independant and resourceful person... ???

I just wanna say that aicon fan aren't "delusionnal"or"crazy",as some intolerant people say...
on the contrary,we all know what will be the ending and we still supporting coai because we like them,not because it's canon...
and sorry if we don't feel anything with shinran relationship,it has nothing to do with logic ::)

I just don't think someone who had such an unfortunate and unpleasant childhood will have a normal adult life (I should have said "normal" rather than "successful", my original statement was too negative). She doesn't seem to value her own life much, if at all, as she has put herself in situations where she would have died if not for outside assistance. Having such a negative attitude about oneself doesn't seem to indicate a healthy state of mind.
Detective Movies Contest 2013: Information Thread  Current Faceoff

"The energies of our system will decay; the glory of the sun will be dimmed, and the earth, tideless and inert, will no longer tolerate the race which has for a moment disturbed its solitude. Man will go down into the pit, and all his thoughts will perish. The uneasy consciousness, which in this obscure corner has for a brief space broken the contented silence of the universe, will be at rest. Matter will know itself no longer. 'Imperishable monuments' and 'immortal deeds,' death itself, and love stronger than death, will be as though they had never been."
randompi314159

Someone call Captain Obvious?

Postby randompi314159 » June 2nd, 2010, 3:03 pm

xGinx wrote:

LOL, I supported it ;D ;D

ShinxRan for me (I like boths to be honest)

Same here, though I just like ShinRan a bit more. I can tolerate AiCo, to some degree, though.
Last edited by randompi314159 on June 2nd, 2010, 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
3DS FC: 4081-5522-0164

kirite
Cookie-Eating Moderating Machine

Chillin'

Postby kirite » June 2nd, 2010, 4:05 pm

dilbertschalter wrote:
I just don't think someone who had such an unfortunate and unpleasant childhood will have a normal adult life (I should have said "normal" rather than "successful", my original statement was too negative). She doesn't seem to value her own life much, if at all, as she has put herself in situations where she would have died if not for outside assistance. Having such a negative attitude about oneself doesn't seem to indicate a healthy state of mind.

Hm you might have something going on there.  I'm going to talk about that a bit with my own twist if you don't mind.

In anime, some characters with horrific past are  shown to be stable, intelligent, kind and usually "better and more talented" all around then characters who are "normal" decent childhoods.  Now I'm not saying that's not possible but I'm saying that people who have horrible horrific childhoods can result in them being really crippled later in life.

For example if a child is surrounded by scary people all the time at home the child would learn that people are dangerous and would grow up isolated from everyone else.  Or if a child is told that everything she does is wrong or bad then the child will have very low self esteem and would hate him/her self, etc...

Personally I believe things such as self esteem and learned beliefs could be changed as people grow up.  I think that's the case in Haibara  Though she grew up in a dangerous environment where she can trust no one, she learned to trust Agasa and open up to the Detective Boys.  Also though she believes she has done a lot of bad things and shouldn't live.  Through Ayumi and Conan she decided she won't run from her past or problems and face them by living. 

This is why Haibara's one of my favorite character ; ).  It's great seeing a character go through growth.

Hey, I have an idea, let's have a THIS SUCKS / NO THIS SUCKS / NO YOU / NO YOU argument for a couple pages, that will really be great. - Ingmar
AICHAN

Curry time!

Postby AICHAN » June 2nd, 2010, 4:49 pm

dilbertschalter wrote:
AICHAN wrote:

yeah,i agree but she she has changed when she met conan and the others...i don't think now she's has the same way of thinking than before...she has friends and she learned not to run away...it would be stupid if Gosho saved her many times if it's only to give her a worse life...
i thought that you saw that evolution,since she's one of your favorite character :-\

kirite wrote:
dilbertschalter wrote:

Hm you might have something going on there.  I'm going to talk about that a bit with my own twist if you don't mind.

In anime, some characters with horrific past are  shown to be stable, intelligent, kind and usually "better and more talented" all around then characters who are "normal" decent childhoods.  Now I'm not saying that's not possible but I'm saying that people who have horrible horrific childhoods can result in them being really crippled later in life.

For example if a child is surrounded by scary people all the time at home the child would learn that people are dangerous and would grow up isolated from everyone else.  Or if a child is told that everything she does is wrong or bad then the child will have very low self esteem and would hate him/her self, etc...

Personally I believe things such as self esteem and learned beliefs could be changed as people grow up.  I think that's the case in Haibara  Though she grew up in a dangerous environment where she can trust no one, she learned to trust Agasa and open up to the Detective Boys.  Also though she believes she has done a lot of bad things and shouldn't live.  Through Ayumi and Conan she decided she won't run from her past or problems and face them by living. 

This is why Haibara's one of my favorite character ; ).  It's great seeing a character go through growth.

yeah,that's what I think too... ;)
Spoiler:
[spoiler]Image

mangaluva wrote:[/spoiler]
"I've built a wall not to keep people out, but to see who loves me enough to climb over it."
Umandsf

Something witty should go here.

Postby Umandsf » June 2nd, 2010, 5:46 pm

Still far behind, so I won't make a choice yet.