Shinichi+Ran or Conan+Ai?

Versus polls and this-or-that contests should find themselves in here.

Shinichi+Ran or Conan+Ai?

Shinichi+Ran
202
58%
Conan+Ai
129
37%
Neither one
18
5%
 
Total votes: 349
Silverbullet96
Posts: 76

Re: Shinichi+Ran or Conan+Ai?

Postby Silverbullet96 » November 23rd, 2013, 3:14 pm

ShinRan is really too normal, and the silly childhood couple formula is getting a bit annoying.
The votes for ShinRan are skewed cause some people probably haven't reached Haibara's intro episode, and still after that to understand Haibara's character it takes some time.
Anyway, the ConAis are sure to increase as it's obviously the superior pairing. It defines being 'meant for each other' as partners as well. Like the above post said ConAi really have amazing chemistry & are really cute (in a non-cliche way). Their personalities and traits and especially behavior are so in-sync with each other. I disagree with people saying Conan is too goofy and immature for her, Ai most likely finds that cute on him. I love how in front of only Ai, Kudo's giant ego shows signs of collapsing, lol :P

Wall E's love story reached me more than ShinRan. I don't think Ran is even relevant to around 98% of the episodes ?
Mario2000
User avatar
Posts: 149

Re: Shinichi+Ran or Conan+Ai?

Postby Mario2000 » November 23rd, 2013, 3:40 pm

Silverbullet96 wrote:ShinRan is really too normal, and the silly childhood couple formula is getting a bit annoying.
The votes for ShinRan are skewed cause some people probably haven't reached Haibara's intro episode, and still after that to understand Haibara's character it takes some time.
Anyway, the ConAis are sure to increase as it's obviously the superior pairing. It defines being 'meant for each other' as partners as well. Like the above post said ConAi really have amazing chemistry & are really cute (in a non-cliche way). Their personalities and traits and especially behavior are so in-sync with each other. I disagree with people saying Conan is too goofy and immature for her, Ai most likely finds that cute on him. I love how in front of only Ai, Kudo's giant ego shows signs of collapsing, lol :P

Wall E's love story reached me more than ShinRan. I don't think Ran is even relevant to around 98% of the episodes ?

I understand Ai being a more complicated character than Ran, but I still like it more when people stay together without changing partners. Shinichi is already with Ran and had his reasons for this, I wouldn't really find it appealing if he just says to Ran "you know, I had a change of heart, I like another girl". Yes, I know that's what most people do, but I like it more when they stay faithful. Maybe I am an utopian, who knows :)
emday004
Posts: 1

Re: Shinichi+Ran or Conan+Ai?

Postby emday004 » December 20th, 2013, 1:50 pm

I prefer ShinRan
_If people said childhood couples are way too boring because they are the same, then people should feel bored about those couple who appeared "after" ShinRan. They're the first, and other childhood couple keep happening, that's not their fault to be repeated just because Gosho like it that way.
_I understand the best couple is the one who has been through many hardship, but it does not mean Conan and Haibara is experiencing hardship together. They're just partner who accidentally have the same situation, Conan was shrunk by Haibara's drug, Haibara was saved by Conan, but their purpose is to destroy the BO. Moreover, they do this for themselves, not for the other.
_Has Conan ever talked, or just thought, about destroying the BO because he wants to keep Haibara safe? NO! The reason he wants to destroy the BO is to find the antidote, to be normal again, to come back to his girlfriend, Ran. It's not justifiable when forcing two strangers into a perfectly match-couple just because they're having a same situation. If we recall, most of the time when Conan turned back to Shinichi was because of Ran, leaving Haibara's discomfort comment about being caught.
_The real couple who is going through harsh situation is ShinRan. They're being apart even though Shinichi is always with Ran. He always finds his way back to her, and she always waits for him, no matter how long it takes. Conan never finds a way to dump Ran just to be with Haibara, not even in his thought, beacause with him, Haibara's nothing but a friend, the love part is not even in his mind.
_Some of you guys find Haibara's character is more enjoyable and more interesting, i can understand that. Since she's related to the BO,she has a miserable life and she's the one who can helps Conan turn back to Shinichi. But please remember, her character is opposite with Ran, and Shinichi love Ran because of herself, so he will not love a girl with opposite character, plus, he is scared of Haibara like hell.
_Some said Haibara's life is more miserable than Ran, so Shinichi should be with her to make her life more peaceful. I mean, this reason is really unacceptable. How can you make someone happy by destroying other's happiness?? If Shinichi's in love with Haibara, and i said Ran has been waiting too long for Shinichi,Ran cried so much so Shinichi should dump Haibara and come to Ran, does this sound ok? Please put yourself in Ran's position before you said about dumping her so easily just because you like Haibara more than her, or because she's not as smart as Haibara. Love does not mean you have to be smart or genius. Love means you have to be faithful, be honest, be loyal!
And since ShinRan's relationship is keeping on developing, more romantic scenes, Gosho also said about happy ending, so 99,99% Shin will be with Ran. I respect people's preferences, but i can't stand some really "ridiculous" reasons about Ran, including Ran dies, so i write this post.
Make sure how you will feel if others talk bad things about your favorite character, and please think about Ran's feeling, just a slight thought, even though you don't like her. I believe Haibara will find someone suitable for her, but he will not be Shinichi!
Iwamoto Yuri
User avatar

SPARKLES

Posts: 2452

Re: Shinichi+Ran or Conan+Ai?

Postby Iwamoto Yuri » December 20th, 2013, 5:26 pm

Getting sick from the idea that friends have to be lovers. Yes, Conan and Haibara are great partners. Doesn't mean they have to LOVE each other for it. Just because their chemistry is ok and they go do well together. Just no.
It's clear that Shinichi likes Ran and vice versa. There was a reason for the London arc, and while you might get sick from all the childhood friend love couples there are enough non childhood friend couples out there. Takagi and Satou are the biggest example here, or what about Yukiko and Yusaku, Sonoko and Makoto or even Yumi and her ex boyfriend?
Besides, keep in mind that this takes place in Japan where the childhood friend love is one of the most common ones used in MANY stories. Culture difference means a huge gap in acceptance and whatnot. And nowadays people are obsessed with making careers there too. To women there marrying means giving up your career and I'm not sure but I don't see Haibara Ai being the type to give up on doing her own thing.
That and Japanese WILL wait for their guy; I've seen a girl having a date with a guy who fell asleep and she didn't walk away like most sane women would do even though it was clear she was annoyed. It's just how they are, so even though you might find it weird Ran waits this long, to them that's more normal than you'd think.
This of course also means that logicalwise Shinichi and Ran will end up together.
The Yuri to Japan give-away is back once more! Go HERE to check it out!
Image
3DS Friend Code: 1564-5101-4615
Yuri gets advice from little fairies, and is thereby not held responsible for any stupid action
pixiv | etsy | livestream
The Doctor wrote:There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.
AICHAN
User avatar

Curry time!

Posts: 2323

Re: Shinichi+Ran or Conan+Ai?

Postby AICHAN » December 20th, 2013, 6:37 pm

Yuri Iwamoto wrote:Getting sick from the idea that friends have to be lovers.


that's funny...this is describing shinran relationship...They were friends who grew up together so they have to be lovers ::)

Ai and Conan didn't chose to be in that situation,they learnt to know each other,to trust each other,and as readers we were able to see how their relationship changed...This makes Coai interesting.This is why so many people like them.

I'm not saying Shinran isn't interesting,but we all have different views about couples.In Japan Coai is really popular even if Shinran is canon,so it's not only because of cultural differences that we like Coai.This is a matter of tastes.
As a DC reader for 8 years,I have more pleasure watching Ai and Conan talking,than Shin and Ran,who are just "cute".
I would be a shinran fan if they were entertaining,but this is not the case IMO.But I do respect people who like them.
Spoiler:
[spoiler]Image

mangaluva wrote:[/spoiler]
"I've built a wall not to keep people out, but to see who loves me enough to climb over it."
magnolia88
User avatar
Posts: 45

Re: Shinichi+Ran or Conan+Ai?

Postby magnolia88 » December 21st, 2013, 12:00 pm

Well, different person has different opinions and point of views. I wont defend my point or argue for fictional character because it's waste of time. Everyone has his/her favorite pairings and just let them be.
And I believe ShinRan will be the couple in the end. Japanese people love staying safe in relationship. Just read some interesting articles in TIME which half of japanese young people are asexual or not dating anyone in current time.
Maybe their concept of love is different.
As a Conai, I never think that they will end up together. I only love their interaction which is not Gosho's usual style. That's it. It's unique and not that typical boring relationship.
Nemomon
User avatar

This is my melody and it's just the raver's fantasy

Posts: 1081

Re: Shinichi+Ran or Conan+Ai?

Postby Nemomon » June 9th, 2014, 4:22 pm

Small revive...

Voted for Conan and Ai.

Despite that Ran is Shinichi's childhood friend and all, I think currently Haibara takes a lot of his time now, especially when she demands being protected, or when her emo mode (dying in a bus) activates. Plus, they both share their troubles and most probably either both of them will succeed, or neither of them.

I'm pretty sure if Conan would live with Agasa or with anybody else instead of with Ran, Conan and Haibara actually would be a pair. But now Conan sees how much pain Ran must to endure, and that's why he still tries to be with her.
My dad’s a soldier blue I’ll be a soldier, too
When I grow older you will see me rescue you
I’ll teach you this old song so you can sing along
When I am dead and gone the day won’t be so long.
skiiwolf
Posts: 5

Re: Shinichi+Ran or Conan+Ai?

Postby skiiwolf » July 26th, 2014, 1:25 am

Shinrannnnnnnnn ~ :D
Raki
User avatar
Posts: 108

Contact:

Re: Shinichi+Ran or Conan+Ai?

Postby Raki » August 7th, 2014, 2:08 am

Are you kidding, SHINRAN FOREVER <3
Ki-RBT
User avatar

Cat got my keyboard.

Posts: 61

Re: Shinichi+Ran or Conan+Ai?

Postby Ki-RBT » August 7th, 2014, 2:14 pm

I usually try to stay out of things like this because it's a given that one or the other (or more than one, if there are several potential options) will have to go and it's a bit annoying to have picked the one that doesn't last. That being said, while they are both interesting and fun pairings, I chose ShinRan because they seem to have more lasting power in a variety of situations, while AiCon moments tend to be either comedic or BO-related. AiCon has too many things going on regarding other plotlines (besides the romance), and it would be hard for it to work out.
One more time.

[spoiler=SS gift from miyano_shiho]Image[/spoiler]
themasq
User avatar
Posts: 142

Re: Shinichi+Ran or Conan+Ai?

Postby themasq » August 13th, 2014, 6:20 pm

There's no way Shinichi's gonna turn back on Ran after she's been waiting for who knows how long.
Nemomon
User avatar

This is my melody and it's just the raver's fantasy

Posts: 1081

Re: Shinichi+Ran or Conan+Ai?

Postby Nemomon » August 14th, 2014, 6:56 am

themasq wrote:she's been waiting for who knows how long.


~ a year. Perhaps even less.

We as watchers are waiting 20 years, but Shinichi not.
My dad’s a soldier blue I’ll be a soldier, too
When I grow older you will see me rescue you
I’ll teach you this old song so you can sing along
When I am dead and gone the day won’t be so long.
Jecka
User avatar

Hey there *dying inside*

Posts: 3344

Contact:

Re: Shinichi+Ran or Conan+Ai?

Postby Jecka » August 14th, 2014, 8:43 am

Yep, it hasn't even been a year yet. It's the longest year ever :P
3DS FC: 1435-4098-2557
Spoiler: Yay Nini! \o/
Image

Usa-chan Man wrote: I am a rabbit, but at the same time, I am not.
Jecka: Those damn beavers
*Jecka sobs
Slider: Those DAM beavers? :V
Jecka: Slider no

Image
Kahomi
User avatar

Favored Ai-chan since 2004.

Favored Rei-kun since 2014.

Favored Shuuichi since some time between those two :))

Posts: 70

Re: Shinichi+Ran or Conan+Ai?

Postby Kahomi » November 28th, 2014, 12:08 am

if Conan can return to be Shinichi, it's definitely ShinRan
if he is stuck in the Conan form, ConanAi is not bad :)) [but if he tell Ran about the problem, and Ran is willing to wait for him, it's ConanRan :))]
Met DC by chance then about 3 hours later it scared the sh*t out of me in Spring 2001 and I ran for my life.
But boredom made me come to it once again in Winter 2004.

And I fell for it. Ever since then. Though sometimes it still frightens me like the first time :)
Sylkabe
User avatar

Sorry, English isn't my first language...

Posts: 35

Re: Shinichi+Ran or Conan+Ai?

Postby Sylkabe » December 17th, 2014, 2:14 am

I voted for Conan and Ai...

Maybe I've read too much fanfiction but I think it's possible that Gosho surprise us...

In any case they are made for each other.

Return to “Contests & Polls”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests