Your Least Favourite Arc

Versus polls and this-or-that contests should find themselves in here.

What is your least favourite arc in Detective Conan?

Conan Arc - Manga: 1-175, Anime: 1-128
17%
Haibara Arc - Manga: 176-237, Anime: 129-175
3%
Vermouth Arc - Manga: 238-434, Anime: 176-345
No votes
Cell Phone Arc - Manga: 435-498, Anime: 346-424
31%
Kir Arc - Manga: 499-621, Anime: 425-508
7%
Bourbon Arc - Pre-Mystery Train half-arc - Manga: 622-824, Anime: 509-704
17%
Bourbon Arc - Post-Mystery Train half-arc - Manga: 825- Anime: 704-
24%

Total votes: 29
soul_dreamer

Your Least Favourite Arc

Postby soul_dreamer » August 18th, 2014, 1:19 pm

It's hard to say as in each arc, there was something interesting, but I guess, my vote will go to Cell Phone Arc as it was IMO least interesting arc, because it didn't happen much.
Wakarimashita

Re: Your Least Favourite Arc

Postby Wakarimashita » August 18th, 2014, 1:21 pm

Bourbon, easily.
"I wonder if there really is a God...
If such an entity really existed, wouldn't all honest, hard-working people be happy?"

MoonRaven

DCTP's 赤死
-
Cbox: Akai Tsuki
-
The paranoid and homicidial townie of DCTP Mafia

Postby MoonRaven » August 18th, 2014, 1:21 pm

Hmm... Bourbon arc could've been much shorter but I don't hate it either. Cellphone arc was a good refresher. If I were to be honset I'd probably say Conan arc. It was long. It was slow. The events repeated each other a bit. And yes, while he did gain allies and info, it was still slow. Some of the cases were great but...
The Eleventh Doctor wrote:Never ignore coincidence. Unless you are busy. Then always ignore the coincidence.

My dA There is one file for solely DC drawings.
My FF I have two DC fics: Rose in the Ecplipse of the Sun(or RitEotS) and Dream... or Not(or just DoN). The latter one still ongoing and has a spin-off Leap to Relatively Unknown.
My Tumblr

Chapter 72 of Dream or Not finished the fic 9.1.17 (9th of January)

Chapter 23 of Leap to Relatively Unknown updated 23.1.17 (23rd of January)

Sequel to DoN and LtRU, Leaping into the Dream has gotten its first chapter 13.4.17 (13th April)

Brilliant DC roleplay behind the years where I was Sera Read away.
brycec

Postby brycec » August 21st, 2014, 7:35 pm

Since my choice is not really an option, I would have to say Conan arc. The manga version was not that bad, but there were way too many dull cases in the anime counterpart, especially when the two cases adapted from the special volumes are taken out of the picture.

However, my real least favorite has to be somewhere between Kir arc and Bourbon arc, because that is where cases got bad enough for me to drop the series once, though troubles finding volumes in my area did play a part as well.
kkslider5552000
Community Villain

Dogcopter 8: The World Dog Only Knows

Postby kkslider5552000 » August 21st, 2014, 8:17 pm

The Cell Phone arc, because it was entirely Gosho saying "let's take a break from the plot" while still technically having plot. Though episode 425 justifies it.
Bioshock is considered a masterpiece. Let me attempt to showcase why : viewtopic.php?f=10&t=13252

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Wii U ID: SliderGamer55
Wakarimashita

Postby Wakarimashita » August 21st, 2014, 8:19 pm

Speaking about that arc, it should be renamed 'Nanatsu no ko Arc' or something. 'Cell Phone arc' just sounds really dull. Not that it wasn't dull but no need to emphasize it even more...
If such an entity really existed, wouldn't all honest, hard-working people be happy?"

kkslider5552000
Community Villain

Postby kkslider5552000 » August 21st, 2014, 9:02 pm

Wakarimashita wrote:Speaking about that arc, it should be renamed 'Nanatsu no ko Arc' or something. 'Cell Phone arc' just sounds really dull. Not that it wasn't dull but no need to emphasize it even more...

CELL PHONE ARC
Bioshock is considered a masterpiece. Let me attempt to showcase why : viewtopic.php?f=10&t=13252

Wakarimashita

Postby Wakarimashita » August 21st, 2014, 9:25 pm

kkslider5552000 wrote:
Wakarimashita wrote:Speaking about that arc, it should be renamed 'Nanatsu no ko Arc' or something. 'Cell Phone arc' just sounds really dull. Not that it wasn't dull but no need to emphasize it even more...

CELL PHONE ARC

NANATSU NO KO ARC

kkslider5552000
Community Villain

Postby kkslider5552000 » August 21st, 2014, 9:31 pm

Wakarimashita wrote:
kkslider5552000 wrote:

CELL PHONE ARC

NANATSU NO KO ARC

CELL
PHONE
AAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRCCCCC

ProfParanoia

Postby ProfParanoia » August 21st, 2014, 9:35 pm

kkslider5552000 wrote:
Wakarimashita wrote:
kkslider5552000 wrote:

CELL PHONE ARC

NANATSU NO KO ARC

CELL
PHONE
AAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRCCCCC

Wakarimashita

Postby Wakarimashita » August 21st, 2014, 9:41 pm

kkslider5552000 wrote:
Wakarimashita wrote:
kkslider5552000 wrote:

CELL PHONE ARC

NANATSU NO KO ARC

CELL
PHONE
AAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRCCCCC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yo8ldEh2Y0Q

irishock

Postby irishock » August 22nd, 2014, 12:14 pm

regarding the cellphone arc, at least it felt like we were getting somewhere to the boss. at least it felt like it.

there are no words for the current arc.
Osaka Detective

Postby Osaka Detective » August 23rd, 2014, 10:58 am

Cellphone Arc I guess? I mean I like all the arcs, each of their own fortes and their own faults. It's just that while Cellphone Arc was okay, it wasn't exactly the most... suspenseful.

I liked Conan Arc - I mean not much happened but the cases were all pretty interesting. Bourbon's first half was draggy, especially since Amuro and Sera didn't get introduced about... 4 years for the former and 3 years a few months for the latter in the anime ^^; It's also ironic how the stretch between 500s all the way to Sera's introduction had some openings which seemed BO-dictated (Revive, Mysterious, Summertime Gone, As the Dew) when the stretch when I find the stretch one of the driest in terms of BO plot. I mean I adore a lot of the cases (EYE, Red Wall) and the openings are beautiful but I just felt like pointing out.
Hattori Heiji-Haibara Ai-Azusa Enomoto-Kudo Shinchi-Subaru Okiya-Kansuke Yamamoto-Yui Yuehara-Hidemi Hondou
Chekhov MacGuffin
Community Scholar

BAGA BGEGD EDBDEG A

Postby Chekhov MacGuffin » October 12th, 2014, 5:45 pm

It's called the cellphone arc because cellphones were the theme of that arc. Besides the boss of the Black Organization's phone number-related cases like The Dissonance of the Stradivarius, there were several other cellphone centric cases:

The Forgotten Cell Phone
Baseball Player Case
Miracle at Koshien Ball Park
Suspicious Cellphone Case/Ran's Suspicions
The Shinto Shrine Torii's Surprising Code

This list skips cases where cellphones came up as clues, but were not central to the plot of the case. If you do a tally, you see that the boss's phone number cases + cellphone-central to the plot cases in general make up 47% of the cases in that arc.
Last edited by Chekhov MacGuffin on October 12th, 2014, 5:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Nemomon

This is my melody and it's just the raver's fantasy

Postby Nemomon » October 12th, 2014, 5:50 pm

I voted for post-Bourbon arc. Bourbon appeared, Bourbon disappeared, and that's all...
My dad’s a soldier blue I’ll be a soldier, too
When I grow older you will see me rescue you
I’ll teach you this old song so you can sing along
When I am dead and gone the day won’t be so long.

Return to “Contests & Polls”