Better-than-the-Manga Thread

All anime and manga discussion that doesn't fit elsewhere goes here.
Vicky

Re: Better-than-the-Manga Thread

Post by Vicky »

Jd- wrote:Death Note. The series has such high production values. Top caliber voice talent. Fantastic score. Excellent, consistent art. Everything is top notch, and most importantly... they fixed a few issues from the manga. Namely, the second half of the manga is too long, which makes it far more convoluted than it ought be. In the anime, they reduced it by the equivalent of about what, six episodes, and it really, really shows. Also, they fixed some of the major issues with the ending by changing the angle slightly.

I agree. I tried to get into the Death Note manga (I own volumes 1-3) but in the end, I preferred the anime a whole lot more. I watched the anime in the original Japanese since I was aware of it before the US dub came out.
A Detective Conan and Magic Kaitou Role Playing Game / collaborative writing community.
Many characters from the series are available, including major ones! We also accept original characters from any faction in DC and MK. Despite the usage of real life PBs, we follow the anime/manga.
Vylash

Post by Vylash »

Music based shows like K-on and Nodame, also Shin Sekai Yori
Jecka
I'm only tired 25/8, don't mind me

Post by Jecka »

ranshinkawaii wrote:Cardcaptor Sakura, I think? I don't have problems with the manga, I mean, come on the art is jutst so gorgeous! It's just that the anime is way longer and had Sakura capture and change 52 cards instead of the manga's 19 Clow Cards.
I agree with this for the most part, but I liked the ending of the manga a little better.
3DS FC: 1435-4098-2557
Spoiler: Yay Nini! \o/
Usa-chan Man wrote: I am a rabbit, but at the same time, I am not.
Jecka: Those damn beavers
*Jecka sobs
Slider: Those DAM beavers? :V
Jecka: Slider no
k11chi

Post by k11chi »

kkslider5552000 wrote:
k11chi wrote:Rurouni Kenshin
I disagree even without seeing the anime, as it is by default an incomplete version without the whole final arc.
Well so is Kuroshitsuji and it has good ending, there´s a reason why some people prefer FMA over FMA:B

Also Soul Eater- The Anime is actually really good and the budget is up there, manga is a snorefest and next chapter is the last, currently it seems like the manga is getting a average ending while the Anime had some who knows what horrible ending

HxH and 2011 the art in the manga could be better if the chapters only barely come out once every half a year (wouldnt matter otherwise)