Which anime films did your local cinema get?

All anime and manga discussion that doesn't fit elsewhere goes here.
Kor
Administrator

Which anime films did your local cinema get?

Post by Kor »

Sparked from the discussion in the Madoka thread, which anime films (if any) got a theatrical release in your area?

So in Israel, at the closest cinema to me I recall we had (iirc):

1) 1st Pokemon movie
2) 2nd Pokemon movie
3) 3rd Pokemon movie
4) Spirited Away
5) Howl's Moving Castle
6) the Yu Gi Oh movie (Pyramid of Light)
7) InuYasha (the first movie)
8) Ponyo

According to wiki, we also got Princess Mononoke, but I'm not sure it got as big release as all the rest. Occasionally they also have a Ghibli film or a Pokemon film (either dubbed or subbed) in one of the movie channels.

On Television we had all the Dragon Ball films (in the Kids Channel), and occasionally
mangaluva
Fangirl, Pokefreak, Grammar Roman, Movie Geek

Re: Which anime films did your local cinema get?

Post by mangaluva »

We got the first two Pokemon movies and everything Ghibli in Edinburgh. Nothing else outside of the Scotland Loves Anime festival.
aly_angelflight
Get that squirrel!

Post by aly_angelflight »

I only know for certain the ones I've seen: the first 4 Pokemon movies, the first Digimon one, and the first Yugioh one all had a full run, and one theater had a single showing of Paprika.

Maybe the Ghibli movies, too, but like I said, I only know for certain if I've seen it myself. ^^;
"I suppose he could have changed. I myself have noticed my growing resemblance to a daffodil.”
3DS Friend Code: 2723-9258-9521
bluekaitou1412
Community Phantom
Indie artist. Likes books and all things Haibara.

Post by bluekaitou1412 »

A long time ago, I think we got the 1st Pokemon movie and one of Yu Yu Hakusho's movies. Last year, Detective Conan: Lost Ship in the Sky and an FMA movie was shown in Mall of Asia, and then this year we got Naruto: Road to Ninja, One Piece FILM Z, and HunterxHunter consecutively.
ShiraKiryuu

Post by ShiraKiryuu »

bluekaitou1412 wrote:A long time ago, I think we got the 1st Pokemon movie and one of Yu Yu Hakusho's movies. Last year, Detective Conan: Lost Ship in the Sky and an FMA movie was shown in Mall of Asia, and then this year we got Naruto: Road to Ninja, One Piece FILM Z, and HunterxHunter consecutively.
Needs more Toaru Majutsu no Index movie.
ranger
Community Villain

Post by ranger »

Everything released in the US

which isn't a lot really.

Mainly the studio ghibli films in local cinemas or national theatres like Ponyo.

Recently, the Madoka movies was a first for anime in the American region to ever have a simulcast release.
bluekaitou1412
Community Phantom
Indie artist. Likes books and all things Haibara.

Post by bluekaitou1412 »

ShiraKiryuu wrote:
bluekaitou1412 wrote:A long time ago, I think we got the 1st Pokemon movie and one of Yu Yu Hakusho's movies. Last year, Detective Conan: Lost Ship in the Sky and an FMA movie was shown in Mall of Asia, and then this year we got Naruto: Road to Ninja, One Piece FILM Z, and HunterxHunter consecutively.
Needs more Toaru Majutsu no Index movie.
I doubt they'll put that on the list, but I'm still hoping
Borealis

Post by Borealis »

The only one I'm sure of is Spirited away.

On TV I can remember one of the Pokemon-movies, "The girl that leapt through time" and I think two Ghibli-films.

Austria doesn't seem to like Anime (I only saw Digimon, Dragonball and suchlike on chanels from Germany)
*shot by grammar police*

. ____
./        \
|    o    |
.\____./
      |_-,
     O