Monster to get Live-Action adaptation

All anime and manga discussion that doesn't fit elsewhere goes here.
kkslider5552000
Community Villain
Enjoys making videos that no one will watch

Monster to get Live-Action adaptation

Post by kkslider5552000 »

http://www.deadline.com/2013/04/guiller ... es-at-hbo/

...um...

...huh. This came out of left field. I'm very intrigued. Also, look at the first paragraph, some of you will approve of the writer.

I loved 20th Century Boys and was looking forward to buying the whole manga but volume 3...stopped existing in this country basically so I gave up on that. I was gonna get back into it eventually despite that but this...this might be something worth seeking out.
Let's Play Bioshock Infinite: https://forums.dctp.ws/viewtopic.php?f= ... 94#p879594

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Wii U ID: SliderGamer55
ShiraKiryuu

Re: Monster to get Live-Action adaptation

Post by ShiraKiryuu »

Haven't seen both the anime and manga yet. Does the series have potential to become a live-action TV series?
kkslider5552000
Community Villain

ShiraKiryuu wrote:Haven't seen both the anime and manga yet. Does the series have potential to become a live-action TV series?
From what I've read of the manga, it would easily be one of the most likely to succeed live-action adaptations. Not Japanese heavy, not magic or sci-fi or anything.
Let's Play Bioshock Infinite: https://forums.dctp.ws/viewtopic.php?f= ... 94#p879594

Jecka
I'm only tired 25/8, don't mind me

Post by Jecka »

kkslider5552000 wrote:I loved 20th Century Boys and was looking forward to buying the whole manga but volume 3...stopped existing in this country basically so I gave up on that.
What is it with this country and not having volume 3?
3DS FC: 1435-4098-2557
Spoiler: Yay Nini! \o/
Usa-chan Man wrote: I am a rabbit, but at the same time, I am not.
Jecka: Those damn beavers
*Jecka sobs
Slider: Those DAM beavers? :V
Jecka: Slider no
kkslider5552000
Community Villain

Jecka wrote:
kkslider5552000 wrote:I loved 20th Century Boys and was looking forward to buying the whole manga but volume 3...stopped existing in this country basically so I gave up on that.
What is it with this country and not having volume 3?
You too? Wow...that's unexpected. It still doesn't piss me off like when Viz stopped releasing Reborn! volumes despite doing well because...?

ranger
Community Villain

Post by ranger »

A good live action adaptation - there is almost nothing anime-esque about this series

Kind of curious how they'll deal with the languages. Hire a Japanese man who can speak German, make the entire cast speak German, with english subtitles?
GinRei
DCTP Staff Member
銀霊

Post by GinRei »

developing a potential series
"To get" is a bit of a stretch at the moment. Wait until it's officially greenlit rather than just in planning stages.
Jd-
DCTP Staff Member

Post by Jd- »

ranger wrote:A good live action adaptation - there is almost nothing anime-esque about this series

Kind of curious how they'll deal with the languages. Hire a Japanese man who can speak German, make the entire cast speak German, with english subtitles?
You inadvertently answered your own question there. I will be utterly shocked if the lead actor here is Japanese, because that doesn't really seem to be a key component of the series. It's not really a race thing, but more a matter of availability. The only major male Japanese actor I see around Hollywood at the moment is Masi Oka. I don't see him taking the lead in this, so the options are already looking like slim pickings. Another Asian actor may be able to fill in, but the fact that the guy was Japanese was relatively arbitrary from the six or so episodes I watched a few years ago, so casting him with a white actor isn't going to be much of a tearjerker.

My guess: White actor (British or American), playing an American in Germany, with sparse German dialogue alongside mostly English.
Akonyl
Community Hero

Post by Akonyl »

yeah, there isn't much reason to think that just because they should be speaking German, that the show's just gonna have subtitles everywhere. I can't recall the language barrier ever coming up in the plot either, so there won't be any places where they would have to show that the Germans who we see as speaking English are actually speaking German. It might be an issue if the story was about a guy out of his element in a foreign country, but Tenma's the only foreigner, and he knows German anyway.
Borealis

Post by Borealis »

WANT!
*shot by grammar police*

. ____
./        \
|    o    |
.\____./
      |_-,
     O
Conan-chandesune
Community eccentric

Post by Conan-chandesune »

This could work quite well. I like it. My guess about the actor is the same as my master's.
I am a geek~~~~~~~~~~~~
I am a flirt!
I love mysteries!
I love comics~

Jd-'s official apprentice