What was the worst anime you have ever watched?

All anime and manga discussion that doesn't fit elsewhere goes here.
ccrogers15

Save Case Closed member

Postby ccrogers15 » March 16th, 2013, 1:14 pm

Although i love the Saru Saru Get You (Ape Escape), franchise, the Anime was just awful!
It lasted for about 100 episodes before it was pulled.

The graphics were terrible, animations were terrible and worst of all, the voice acting felt like they were reading to children.

So, whats yours?
SAVE CASE CLOSED IN THE USA!
Memesu

a witch

Re: What was the worst anime you have ever watched?

Postby Memesu » March 16th, 2013, 1:41 pm

There was anime of that game?
Umineko kickstarter soon
https://www.umineko.us/#

Secret santa gift from PT <3
The executioner
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_UHO60tkdg&t=332s
"It's only you"
mangaluva

Fangirl, Pokefreak, Grammar Roman, Movie Geek

Postby mangaluva » March 16th, 2013, 3:13 pm

I can't remember the title because I haven't looked it up again, but when we were going through random first episodes in one Anime Society meeting we came across one about a six-year-old girl with a disturbingly sexual crush on her grade school teacher and there was this girl in her class with ridiculously huge breasts for a six-year-old girl and there was all this fanservice of SIX-YEAR-OLD GIRLS and we watched half an episode and then went to scrub our brains with bleach before watching something wholesome like Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt
ccrogers15

Save Case Closed member

Postby ccrogers15 » March 16th, 2013, 3:18 pm

SAVE CASE CLOSED IN THE USA!
kkslider5552000
Community Villain

Enjoys making videos that no one will watch

Postby kkslider5552000 » March 16th, 2013, 4:08 pm

I've never bothered to watch more than a bit of the actively completely unwatchable/horribad stuff.

Worst I've seen are some episodes of Beet or Rave Master which are so generic and predictable it might as well not exist.

I hate Inuyasha but I fully realize it probably isn't THAT bad.
Let's Play Bioshock Infinite: viewtopic.php?f=10&p=879594#p879594

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Wii U ID: SliderGamer55
mangaluva

Postby mangaluva » March 16th, 2013, 4:13 pm

I find it hard to be objective about InuYasha, given that it was the first manga I ever read and therefore it holds a very special place in my heart, but I acknowledge that pretty much everything between Mt Hakurei and the final battle is terrible and has no reason to exist (about the only thing that sticks out in my mind is Kagura's death, which was beautifully tragic but I hate it because I feel like there were infinitely better ways to resolve her subplot. But then, maybe I'm just bitter that my ship got sunk.)

Seriously, though, you could patch the final battle onto the end of Mt Hakurei and very little of value would be lost.
Vylash

Postby Vylash » March 16th, 2013, 5:19 pm

NakaImo
SirSigma

The Human

Postby SirSigma » March 16th, 2013, 8:50 pm

Bleach. Hands down.

I've written essay-length reasons why I hate it. It's a bunch of squandered potential that showed a lot of promise in the initial filler episodes, then went straight downhill when the actual story arcs began. I hate it so much. Then after that awful Rukia Arc was finally over (after taking more episodes in length than most animes last), it started to tease with a potential new arc that seemed really interesting. Then it cops out after two episodes and introduces new characters that are just worthless as a result. Then the Bount Arc starts, which most fans say you should skip anyway. But really, if you have to skip any arcs in an anime, doesn't that seem like an indicator that it sucks anyway?

I got up to episode 94 before I lost all hope. I could have used my time watching the episodes much more productively, like hammering nails in with my forehead.
Last edited by SirSigma on March 16th, 2013, 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kkslider5552000
Community Villain

Enjoys making videos that no one will watch

Postby kkslider5552000 » March 16th, 2013, 11:41 pm

SirSigma wrote:Bleach. Hands down.

I've written essay-length reasons why I hate it. It's a bunch of squandered potential that showed a lot of promise in the initial filler episodes, then went straight downhill when the actual story arcs began. I hate it so much. Then after that awful Rukia Arc was finally over (after taking more episodes in length than most animes last), it started to tease with a potential new arc that seemed really interesting. Then it cops out after two episodes and introduces new characters that are just worthless as a result. Then the Bount Arc starts, which most fans say you should skip anyway. But really, if you have to skip any arcs in an anime, doesn't that seem like an indicator that it sucks anyway?

I got up to episode 94 before I lost all hope. I could have used my time watching the episodes much more productively, like hammering nails in with my forehead.

Giving up that early. You are spoiled man, you have no idea how bad it gets(neither do I apparently, I gave up right before fake Karakura town arc)
Let's Play Bioshock Infinite: viewtopic.php?f=10&p=879594#p879594

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Wii U ID: SliderGamer55
SirSigma

The Human

Postby SirSigma » March 17th, 2013, 10:32 am

kkslider5552000 wrote:
SirSigma wrote:Bleach. Hands down.

Giving up that early. You are spoiled man, you have no idea how bad it gets(neither do I apparently, I gave up right before fake Karakura town arc)

Kubo just proves himself to be such a poor storyteller early on. It seemed like the early fillers were somewhat well-planned out, or were casual enough to not really warrant any serious effort.

Then the real story arc begins and it just seems like he's making up everything as he goes along. And he has to waste tons of episodes developing all the new characters he introduces. I don't give a shit about some Soul Society higher-up and their cliched past, and I certainly won't care about the same thing repeated for another 30+ episodes. The series is like Sonic the Hedgehog; both of them have too many useless characters. They should only be there on a need-to-know (or need-to-exist in this case) basis.

And I've heard from a lot of people how Kubo thinks of his characters almost as if they were real. I remember hearing how he killed off a character, felt guilty about it, and then found a deus ex machina to bring them back a bit later. To a good writer, your characters are your tools, not your friends.
Last edited by SirSigma on March 17th, 2013, 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
mako

Postby mako » March 17th, 2013, 9:49 pm

SirSigma wrote:And I've heard from a lot of people how Kubo thinks of his characters almost as if they were real. I remember hearing how he killed off a character, felt guilty about it, and then found a deus ex machina to bring them back a bit later.

Which character was that? Because he killed and revived almost each and every one of them ;D. Ichigo himself was revived, like, gazyllion times. [spoiler]So now, trying to be original, Kubo killed Ichigo's sword and he's making such a big deal out of its healing process, when in reality Zangetsu could just pop out of nowhere and nobody would give a shit anymore.[/spoiler]

I can't say how many animes I did not like, because I drop them immediately when watching them becomes unbearable. I prefer to spare myself a torture ;D. I remember only one show which I hated but finished it nevertheless: Innocent Venus . It was one of the first animes I watched, so I guess that's why I remember it.

Other than that, I always try to be careful with picking something new to watch, so although I had quite a few failures, I must proudly say that I liked at least 95% of animes I watched 8-).
Last edited by mako on March 17th, 2013, 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Soreiyu

Postby Soreiyu » March 17th, 2013, 10:23 pm

Cuticle Tantei Inaba

Blehhhhhhhhh! I couldn't watch past episode 1...
Last edited by Soreiyu on March 18th, 2013, 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
leokiko

Postby leokiko » March 17th, 2013, 10:39 pm

mangaluva wrote:I can't remember the title because I haven't looked it up again, but when we were going through random first episodes in one Anime Society meeting we came across one about a six-year-old girl with a disturbingly sexual crush on her grade school teacher and there was this girl in her class with ridiculously huge breasts for a six-year-old girl and there was all this fanservice of SIX-YEAR-OLD GIRLS and we watched half an episode and then went to scrub our brains with bleach before watching something wholesome like Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt

If it's Kodomo no Jikan, then you should know that it's written by a girl.
mangaluva

Postby mangaluva » March 17th, 2013, 10:41 pm

leokiko wrote:
mangaluva wrote:I can't remember the title because I haven't looked it up again, but when we were going through random first episodes in one Anime Society meeting we came across one about a six-year-old girl with a disturbingly sexual crush on her grade school teacher and there was this girl in her class with ridiculously huge breasts for a six-year-old girl and there was all this fanservice of SIX-YEAR-OLD GIRLS and we watched half an episode and then went to scrub our brains with bleach before watching something wholesome like Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt

If it's Kodomo no Jikan, then you should know that it's written by a girl.

That makes the content any less disturbing how?
leokiko

Postby leokiko » March 17th, 2013, 10:48 pm

In no way, just wanted to get it out there.

And I actually heard praises for it at ANN, almost checked it out. Thought it would be kinda like Onani Master Kurosawa, which has a weird/disgusting premise but it's actually brilliant. Never confirmed that.
Last edited by leokiko on March 17th, 2013, 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.