Medaka Box

All anime and manga discussion that doesn't fit elsewhere goes here.
ShiraKiryuu

Medaka Box

Postby ShiraKiryuu » March 3rd, 2013, 11:11 pm

And so, I will not create a topic about this mind-blowing series called Medaka Box.

[spoiler][img width=500]http://i40.mangapanda.com/medaka-box/123/medaka-box-2835007.jpg[/img][/spoiler]

Synopsis:

Kurokami Medaka, a first year, is elected as Student Council President, and the first thing she does is establish a suggestion box, later dubbed by students the "Medaka Box". Medaka encourages students to submit any problem to the box without hesitation and promises to take on any issue from anyone.

Since Medaka won the Student Council elections with a staggering 98% of the vote, she ends up as the Council's only member. She asks her childhood friend, Hitoyoshi Zenkichi, for help and he grudgingly agrees, becoming the Student Council's lowest ranking member. Soon Medaka recruits two more people to the Student Council, the former judo club member Akune Kouki as secretary and the current swim club member Kikaijima Mogana, on loan for 300 yen a day, as treasurer.

Now the Student Council members spend their days solving the problems submitted through the Medaka Box, whether they be hooligans in clubs where they don't belong, girls who need help writing love letters or people who've lost their pets, gradually earning the respect and admiration of the entire school.

:V
Last edited by ShiraKiryuu on March 3rd, 2013, 11:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Raifuujin

What should I do next....

Re: Medaka Box

Postby Raifuujin » March 4th, 2013, 11:51 pm

Just caught up with it and...just a sec...

[spoiler]The heck kind of an ending to a chapter was that?! DDDD: Even for this manga, that was a very unexpected, abrupt way to end a chapter. I don't like not knowing what happens. :V

...And I now have a slight headache. V:[/spoiler]

Ok...now. It's very random, jumps all over the place, and has much breaking of the fourth wall (at least in the fifth arc). But it's leagues better than some of the other manga I've read that randomly go from one thing to the next.

...Not that I've read nearly as many as there are out there, though. :x
1412 Phenomenon: When rational people begin acting like mischievous phantom thieves/magicians

3DS FC: 1504 6005 4982
     ___
    l     l
 __l::::l_
/\ (O_^)       Kaitou Approved

Spoiler: When boredom strikes
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage
Spoiler: Juggler Kid
Image     Image
ShiraKiryuu

Postby ShiraKiryuu » March 5th, 2013, 7:43 pm

Raifuujin wrote:Just caught up with it and...just a sec...

[spoiler]The heck kind of an ending to a chapter was that?! DDDD: Even for this manga, that was a very unexpected, abrupt way to end a chapter. I don't like not knowing what happens. :V

...And I now have a slight headache. V:[/spoiler]

[spoiler]Tbh, when I read that chapter I was like, "Dafuq did I just read?". But then I realized something and said, "Oh, it's Medaka Box. Nothing unusual here". Well truthfully it was really unexpected. Who the heck would think that the moon will suddenly kill them just like that in that single chapter. And Medaka making a farewell speech was weird (mainly because she was talking to Kumagawa). I always have no idea on what to expect on this series. Everything is too unpredictable, which is something awesome :P[/spoiler]

That's what I like about this series, it makes fun of the shounen cliches of manga, which I find amusing. And everyone just defies logic except for Hitoyoshi whom is the only normal guy who gets overpowered too but still stays normal. I've always like the series who breaks 4th walls. But hey, that's why this is an awesome manga :P

『And where can you find a guy talking in bracket but here?!ã€
Raifuujin

What should I do next....

Postby Raifuujin » March 6th, 2013, 12:26 am

I like this kind of randomness. Randomness for no reason is what I don't like. ...Not sure if that makes sense, but I'm sticking to it.

Most memorable part for me (for some reason): 'I'll end this manga before the anime begins.'

Me: ....Well, that obviously failed. It has two. V:
1412 Phenomenon: When rational people begin acting like mischievous phantom thieves/magicians

3DS FC: 1504 6005 4982
     ___
    l     l
 __l::::l_
/\ (O_^)       Kaitou Approved

Spoiler: When boredom strikes
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage
Spoiler: Juggler Kid
Image     Image
ShiraKiryuu

Postby ShiraKiryuu » March 6th, 2013, 12:34 am

Of course it failed, Medaka stopped her. The anime soon started after Anshin'in said that. Probably one of the big failures of her life :V

But the randomness for no reason is really bad but, it would seem that Medaka Box won't be ending soon, it will be explained even if the explanation will be silly :P