Magi

All anime and manga discussion that doesn't fit elsewhere goes here.
ShiraKiryuu

Re: Magi

Post by ShiraKiryuu »

bluekaitou1412 wrote:
ShiraKiryuu wrote:
bluekaitou1412 wrote: Okay, I officially hate Ali Baba. Haha. So damn useless. Why didn't you get stronger, BABA-KUN?! D:
What are you talking about? :V
I was just jumping into conclusions.
Spoiler:
In the manga Aladdin spent a year in Magnosdatt in training and he became more badass. When Ali Baba appeared... well, he was still the same. XD
Spoiler:
Hey now, you can't expect him to show his growth after just showing up again. That's just overkill. Besides, he stopped Mu's attack like it was nothing. Can't very well ignore that :P
bluekaitou1412
Community Phantom
Indie artist. Likes books and all things Haibara.

Post by bluekaitou1412 »

That's why I said I was jumping into conclusions. :P
Spoiler:
A new Magi's probably going to appear since that Sch... Schr... Schz... er... that impossible-to-pronounce-and-spell-name was to die soon.
ShiraKiryuu

Post by ShiraKiryuu »

bluekaitou1412 wrote:
Spoiler:
A new Magi's probably going to appear since that Sch... Schr... Schz... er... that impossible-to-pronounce-and-spell-name was to die soon.
Spoiler:
About that, I think that there won't be a new one because maybe Scheherazade isn't really one of the three Magis of their generation but actually Aladdin. Unless they say otherwise though but that's probably how it is since she's been alive for about 200+ years and was probably a Magi from a previous generation. I don't even think that she's actually  Magi at all, just a very powerful magician.
kirite
Cookie-Eating Moderating Machine
Chillin'

Post by kirite »

Spoiler:
Scheherazade is definately a magi.  She has a king's candidate afterall.    I think her and Yunan are both way older then they look (you know Yunan, the guy who's at the bottom of the pit with Mor right now).

Just making sure:

Aladdin chose Alibaba
Scheherazade chose Mu
Judal chose Hakurei, Hakuryuu (probably soon), Kouen, Koumei, Kouha, Kougyoku
Yunan chose...Sinbad I believe?
Last edited by kirite on March 29th, 2013, 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hey, I have an idea, let's have a THIS SUCKS / NO THIS SUCKS / NO YOU / NO YOU argument for a couple pages, that will really be great. - Ingmar
alicetama
shsl kawaii

Post by alicetama »

I LEAVE AND THEN I COME BACK.

But yay! Kleene, blue-nii, and shira are getting into it!
Okay, now I will admit the anime is jumping the shark. Which is quite sad, because I loved the way they did the Balbadd Arc, especially the ending of it.
Spoiler:
@kirite: when did Scherazade choose Mu? Also, you might want to change 'Hakuyuu' to 'Hakuryuu', it made me go 'whut?' for a second. :P
@blue-nii: We have yet to see Alibaba fight. Besides, if you look at the way Alibaba looked before and after the Reim empire, before he had a bit of baby fat on him, and now he's grown out of it. He also has some battle scars on his right arm, if you look at some panels. (I think Ohtaka forgets to draw them in sometimes.)
Why? You never win the cursed war.
kirite
Chillin'

Post by kirite »

alicetama wrote: I LEAVE AND THEN I COME BACK.
Spoiler:
@kirite: when did Scherazade choose Mu? Also, you might want to change 'Hakuyuu' to 'Hakuryuu', it made me go 'whut?' for a second. :P
Spoiler:
My bad, I'm not used to writing the names in English yet xD.  

As seen in the fight Mu has a Djinn. And since Scherazade is the magi of Reim (sp?) and Mu is a part of Reim I just assumed he would be her King Candidate(s).  Or at least is she didn't "chose" him, he would be "under the magi of Reim".
Hey, I have an idea, let's have a THIS SUCKS / NO THIS SUCKS / NO YOU / NO YOU argument for a couple pages, that will really be great. - Ingmar
alicetama
shsl kawaii

Post by alicetama »

@kirite: Have you read all the chapters yet?
kirite
Chillin'

Post by kirite »

not to the latest (I usually wait a while so the cliff hangers won't get to me).  You?
ShiraKiryuu

Post by ShiraKiryuu »

kirite wrote:
Spoiler:
As seen in the fight Mu has a Djinn. And since Scherazade is the magi of Reim (sp?) and Mu is a part of Reim I just assumed he would be her King Candidate(s).  Or at least is she didn't "chose" him, he would be "under the magi of Reim".
Spoiler:
Actually, there are 3 dungeon conquerors in Reim as far as I remember with Mu as one of them. And I don't see Mu as a king, just a strong warrior or something.

And the Magi who has yet to be seen can't have chosen Sinbad. Why else would Sin try to get Aladdin to stay in Sindria?
alicetama
shsl kawaii

Post by alicetama »

kirite wrote: not to the latest (I usually wait a while so the cliff hangers won't get to me).  You?
ah. :x I've read all of them.
Spoiler:
@shira: He did meet Yunan in the past in Sinbad no Bouken, and the magi was quite impressed by him. Years have passed now, though, and Sinbad is halfway fallen through darkness, and Yunan should sense that and tell Sinbad that he doesn't want him as his King Candidate anymore. Besides, Sinbad seems to want to use Aladdin for other purposes too.
ShiraKiryuu

Post by ShiraKiryuu »

alicetama wrote:
Spoiler:
@shira: He did meet Yunan in the past in Sinbad no Bouken, and the magi was quite impressed by him. Years have passed now, though, and Sinbad is halfway fallen through darkness, and Yunan should sense that and tell Sinbad that he doesn't want him as his King Candidate anymore. Besides, Sinbad seems to want to use Aladdin for other purposes too.
Spoiler:
I knew about their meeting but forgot that he became his king candidate. Well anyway, Sinbad is still not Yunan's candidate anymore whether he was once was or not :P
Vylash

Post by Vylash »

magi season 2 confirmed...bwahahahahahaha
ShiraKiryuu

Post by ShiraKiryuu »

Vylash wrote: magi season 2 confirmed...bwahahahahahaha
Nuuuuuuuuuuuuu
phreak_91

Post by phreak_91 »

ShiraKiryuu wrote:
Nuuuuuuuuuuuuu
YAYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Memesu

Post by Memesu »

I don´t understand how, you really don´t. That´s stupid.

But apparently Sinbad´s adventures will be real spin-off series starting May. :)
Last edited by Memesu on March 31st, 2013, 11:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Umineko kickstarter soon
https://www.umineko.us/#

Secret santa gift from PT <3
Calling
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0569Wt-cZ0