Magi

All anime and manga discussion that doesn't fit elsewhere goes here.
alicetama
shsl kawaii

Magi

Post by alicetama »

So, uh, considering how the anime will be airing in a couple of days, I thought what the heck...?
Spoiler:
http://static.zerochan.net/Magi.The.Lab ... 261129.jpg[/img]

Summary (from wikipedia):
Aladdin, the primary protagonist, is traveling a desert land, with a magic flute that summons a djinn named Ugo. The djinn has a huge and muscular body, but cannot remove his head from the flute, giving him a headless appearance and frequently causing even people he is trying to rescue to mistake him for a monster. The two meet Alibaba, a seemingly greedy and aloof young man who is trying to get rich, and realizes that Ugo would be a powerful ally to explore a nearby treasure-filled dungeon. As they adventure together, they become true friends, along with Morgianna, a slave girl from a distant land that they free from her master. The three encounter other djinn and find hints that they may be destined to decide who will rule the world.

The story is AMAZING. The art is AMAZING. Everything about it is AMAZING.

So yeah, discuss the anime and manga here, but be sure to tag the latest manga chapters with spoilers. Same with the anime, once it comes out.
Why? You never win the cursed war.
Vylash

Re: Magi

Post by Vylash »

Don't plan on watching this, I've got enough to watch this season and it honestly just seems meh
leokiko

Post by leokiko »

Not really. It isn't 'meh'. It's awesome.

Watch it.

One minor concern tough, Alibaba is being voiced by Yuki Kaji. I'm not sure his womanly voice will fit him. My favorite character in the whole series is Alibaba, so that really bummed me out.

I don't care about Mor because I know that whoever voices her will be awesome anyway. It's hard to not be moe when it comes to Mor. Specially on the later parts of the manga. Aladdin sounds fine.
Last edited by leokiko on October 3rd, 2012, 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
alicetama
shsl kawaii

Post by alicetama »

@onii-chan: I thought it was meh too, until I saw that it was getting an anime. Read all 120 chapters (those were the ones that were out then) in a week.

@leokiko: I think that Yuki Kaji will be fine. I'm really okay with the whole cast. (Even if... Hiroshi Kamiya isn't playing Judal... ;.;) I am very happy about Kana Hanazawa voicing Kougyoku, she will be adorable as her.
GaS

Post by GaS »

I love Magi, can't wait for anime!

And still can't forget chapter 122... =D
alicetama
shsl kawaii

Post by alicetama »

^Chapter 122 will forever be my favorite chapter ever. xD
Spoiler: chapters 132 and 133
They were both so depressing. ;.; Especially the end of chapter 132 and all of 133. I never realized how much I loved Hakuryuu until now, and he confessed to Morgiana too... THESE ARE TOO MANY FEELS. ;.; And that one part in this one MMV I saw of Hakuryuu yelling at Alibaba makes SO MUCH sense now.
Soreiyu

Post by Soreiyu »

I may have to marathon the manga. The anime's first episode was interesting enough.

Whats wrong with Yuuki Kaji? I think his voice acting has improved a bit.
leokiko

Post by leokiko »

I will be skipping the anime for now. Hated how they changed a lot of things.
kkslider5552000
Community Villain
Enjoys making videos that no one will watch

Post by kkslider5552000 »

leokiko wrote: I will be skipping the anime for now. Hated how they changed a lot of things.
So they changed it, now it sucks.
Let's Play Bioshock Infinite: https://forums.dctp.ws/viewtopic.php?f= ... 94#p879594

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Wii U ID: SliderGamer55
leokiko

Post by leokiko »

^I never said Magi sucks, but that I hated how they changed things, since I'm a big fan of the manga.
phreak_91

Post by phreak_91 »

Well I liked the first episode.  I am really hoping that this will be another series that I will really enjoy throughout.
alicetama
shsl kawaii

Post by alicetama »

^ I did too. I think of the anime as like an alternate telling of the same story. And besides, it's not like they did it without Ohtaka's consent. She approved of it. It's all so that the pace will be faster.

I also think Yuuki Kaji was fine too. And the person who played Aladdin was better than expected.

I really really LOVE the opening. xD
GaS

Post by GaS »

Finally watched the first episode. Not bad, opening's great too.
Elizabeth has a pretty...well...voice.
Memesu

Post by Memesu »

Great first episode, thought it was a pain to find. :D
Umineko kickstarter soon
https://www.umineko.us/#

Secret santa gift from PT <3
Calling
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0569Wt-cZ0
GaS