Madoka Homura thread

All anime and manga discussion that doesn't fit elsewhere goes here.
ranger
Community Villain

Madoka Homura thread

Post by ranger »

Who Homu here?

So, yeah there isn't a respective Madoka thread, and also the movies are coming out soon, so it's only normal for me to make a thread.

And..

I'm going to see the two movies screening in Chicago, BE JEALOUSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS October 20th, booooo yaaaa
Vylash

Re: Madoka Homura thread

Post by Vylash »

Down with Homura, Kyouko army forever
GinRei
DCTP Staff Member
銀霊

Post by GinRei »

Vylash wrote: Down with Homura, Kyouko army forever
My god... I agree with Parkur?
ranger
Community Villain

Post by ranger »

y'all need to learn to homu
doublemoonlight
I am such a fool...

Post by doublemoonlight »

down with both of them sayaka FTW  :P
FANFICTION:http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2489646/doublegengar05
1 Timothy 3:9- They must keep hold of the deep truths of the faith with clear conscience
xpon wrote: Almost all police is Detective Conan is less importance than the Detectives.....

1st Doctor: One day I shall come back, yes I shall come back. Till then there shall be no fears, no tears and no anxieties, just go forward in your beliefs and prove to me I am not mistaken in mine. Good bye Susan. Good bye  my Dear.
leokiko

Post by leokiko »

guess I should watch Madoka someday.
doublemoonlight
I am such a fool...

here is nice discussion for this thread: Do you think Kuybee is evil and insane?

My Answer: No or yes in Human point of view. For me Kuybee isn't evil as he and his race is guided by pure logic. Which means he is not capable of having mental illness. For me I think he is following Extreme form of logic. sorry for star track fans but I think Kuybee is what Spock would be if he was 100% devoied of any humanity. After all he even follows one of Spock's famous quotes "... need for many( universe) outweigh need of few ( human)." I'll say he is morally ambious at worst and not evil.
1 Timothy 3:9- They must keep hold of the deep truths of the faith with clear conscience
xpon wrote: Almost all police is Detective Conan is less importance than the Detectives.....

1st Doctor: One day I shall come back, yes I shall come back. Till then there shall be no fears, no tears and no anxieties, just go forward in your beliefs and prove to me I am not mistaken in mine. Good bye Susan. Good bye  my Dear.
Memesu

Post by Memesu »

It´s Kyubey. And I agree with you.
Umineko kickstarter soon
https://www.umineko.us/#

Secret santa gift from PT <3
Calling
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0569Wt-cZ0
Borealis

Post by Borealis »

I think he isn't evil, as he isn't doing anything out of malicious intent. He only acts that way because it makes the girls despair even worse, which is a logical step for him.

I would still shoot him if he came near me.
*shot by grammar police*

. ____
./        \
|    o    |
.\____./
      |_-,
     O
Kor
Administrator

Post by Kor »

I'm sure the many "considered to be evil" people of our history thought what they were doing was logical as well and they didn't think of themselves as evil people.
However just because they didn't do so out of being "evil" does not stop us from thinking that they were in fact evil people because their acts were evil.

So I completely disagree with the three above posts. It's not the intentions that make people evil, it's their actions.
Borealis

Post by Borealis »

Kor wrote: I'm sure the many "considered to be evil" people of our history thought what they were doing was logical as well and they didn't think of themselves as evil people.
However just because they didn't do so out of being "evil" does not stop us from thinking that they were in fact evil people because their acts were evil.

So I completely disagree with the three above posts. It's not the intentions that make people evil, it's their actions.
This is actually a big philosophical question. Is someone evil because of their intentions or because of their actions?
From your point of view, someone who makes the wrong decisions but actually doesn't want to harm anyone can be considered evil, while someone who loves other people's suffering but keeps a low profile can't.
(I do not want to persuade you of my opinion, I only want to explain from where our standpoints come from)

I see it like this: He didn't do anything he did because he hated the girls or the world. What he did can not be excused and was wrong but because he was not doing it because hurting anyone gave him the kicks, I don't consider him to be "evil".
*shot by grammar police*

. ____
./        \
|    o    |
.\____./
      |_-,
     O
GinRei
DCTP Staff Member
銀霊

Post by GinRei »

Kor wrote: So I completely disagree with the three above posts. It's not the intentions that make people evil, it's their actions.
But you have to consider the Kiritsugu argument.  Is it still evil to kill the few to save the many?
doublemoonlight
I am such a fool...

Kor wrote: I'm sure the many "considered to be evil" people of our history thought what they were doing was logical as well and they didn't think of themselves as evil people.

yeah but evil in whose point of view. I agree what Kuybee ( spelling?) did was an asshole action but remember unlike us humans his race has ABSOLUTE 0% of emotions and are guided by 100% PURE logic. He found the answer to the universal problem of ending energy and he found it ( unfortunately) in turning magical girls into witches. He didn't thought he was right but he KNEW he was right ( plus it is true about entropy theory he explans to Madoka since Kuybee dose not lie, he only twists truth and hides it away when it is not needed, so the forces that force him to act is genuienly true).Plus like I said, he follows pure logic of Saving many ( universe) in the cost of few lives ( humans). After all we humans do it all the time ( remember that montage Kuybee showed to Madoka...) 

I guess what I am trying to point out is that you can't REALLY blame Kuybee for what he did ( no matter how much you want to. I do as well). He just inhumane alien guided only by logic and acting on it to save the universe according to that logic without any humanitarian concern because... well he has no emotion what so ever.
Last edited by doublemoonlight on October 4th, 2012, 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ranger
Community Villain

Post by ranger »

GinRei wrote:
Kor wrote: So I completely disagree with the three above posts. It's not the intentions that make people evil, it's their actions.
But you have to consider the Kiritsugu argument.  Is it still evil to kill the few to save the many?
Kerrytugu my husbando

Homura my waifu.

Also 10 days.
doublemoonlight
I am such a fool...

my inner Sayaka fanboyism has awakened and I just wanted to post this pic( not mine) that I found in puella magi wiki:
Spoiler: for episode 8 and onwards
SOOOO SAD  :'( :'( :'(