What manga you wish had an anime adaptation?

All anime and manga discussion that doesn't fit elsewhere goes here.
redangelran
inlove with a mystery geek || is stalking someone

Re: What manga you wish had an anime adaptation?

Post by redangelran »

Nisekoi
"I don't mind waiting for people. Because the longer you wait, when you do meet, you'll be more happy."
-Mouri Ran

"Is a reason necessary? I don't know why you would kill someone but as for saving someone-- a logical mind isn't needed, right?"
-Kudo Shinichi

My Twitter||My MAL
-super stupid case fanatic, i'm waiting for you ♥-
ranshinkawaii
Slumber Sleuth

Post by ranshinkawaii »

Dawn wrote: I feel that Gakuen Alice and Fruits Basket need something like HunterXHunter 2012 to happen for these ones as well... These really deserve siad justice done to them... what do you think? Am I just the only one thinks so?
Totally agree! Gakuen Alice <3 (and Furuba too!~ The ending of the was a mess!)
But this usually happens to shoujo manga; they give only 26 episodes for a series and then *poof* they just leave the anime like that -- without a proper ending. It's pretty unfair considering that most shounen titles (i.e. Naruto, One Piece) are continuously adapted to anime, in parallel with the manga O_O.
Wish they'll continue the Gakuen Alice anime, but meh, I think it's quite unlikely...
milk_hater wrote: W Juliet (very good shojo manga)
Hana Yori Dango (Boys Over Flowers). There was a Korean live-action drama for it, but an anime would be nice too.
Dengeki Daisy (It's still ongoing so there's still a chance they'll pick it up)
Hana Yori Dango already has a 51-episode anime adaptation ^_^
milk_hater wrote: pfft... funny how I've just listed shojo manga...
hmmm....can I think of any shonen ones....

lol...no  I can't... they're all already animes....
THIS.
Last edited by ranshinkawaii on January 6th, 2013, 7:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Spoiler: >>>>>>>>>[url=http://ranshinkawaii.wordpress.com/
DON'T CLICK![/url][/size]
tantei.conan

Post by tantei.conan »

redangelran wrote: Nisekoi
+1  :D
Walnutdinosaur
Merp means merp, Capish?

Post by Walnutdinosaur »

Arisa, Gakuen Babysitters, and Love So Life, but I think Arisa would be the bet out of the three.
3DS FC ~ 2423-3464-2193
Akonyl wrote:
stabbing a puppy: "That's just animal cruelty!"
stabbing a person: "Yeah that's fine"

good set of morals you got there :P
[/quote]
Spoiler:
Image Image
Spoiler:
http://youtu.be/uNKobBlkn4w Aaron Tveit purely AMAZING.
Silver1412
No, I'm not sarcastic. I'm sarCATic ~nya.

Post by Silver1412 »

I want them to continue animating Skip Beat. One of the best Shoujo mangas I've read.
~nya!
"Oh, don't give me that! None of you are saints, some of you are just good at hiding your sins!" - Our grade school teacher ~nya... She REALLY believed in our innocence didn't she
The resident DCTP mother kitty ~nya!

DCTP Cat Family
Join us, you know you want to ~nya!
Avatar the courtesy of brilliant Yuri Iwamoto ~nya.
Spoiler: Sad truth about Mass Effect
wolf4537

Post by wolf4537 »

BATTLE ROYALE AND REBIRTH. Two of my favorite series that are SO underrated.
DETECTIVE CONAN AND WOLF'S RAIN ROCK
ranshinkawaii
Slumber Sleuth

Post by ranshinkawaii »

Walnutdinosaur wrote: Arisa, Gakuen Babysitters, and Love So Life, but I think Arisa would be the bet out of the three.
Definitely Arisa. Though it's highly unlikely, since it's, sigh, yet again, a shoujo manga. Kitchen Princess is good too, but it may be a too fluffy for an anime adaptation.
Spoiler: >>>>>>>>>[url=http://ranshinkawaii.wordpress.com/
DON'T CLICK![/url][/size]
ShiraKiryuu

Post by ShiraKiryuu »

wolf4537 wrote: BATTLE ROYALE AND REBIRTH. Two of my favorite series that are SO underrated.
Battle Royale has a live-action though. But yeah, it wasn't exactly the same as the manga.

I would like Code: Breaker to have a proper anime adaptation. :P
mangaluva
Fangirl, Pokefreak, Grammar Roman, Movie Geek

Post by mangaluva »

I think Battle Royale could benefit from an anime. It's as much a psychological horror as it is a gorefest, and the movie only really had time for one out of two.
ShiraKiryuu

Post by ShiraKiryuu »

I'd like an adaptation of that too though it's highly unlikely to happen now.
mangaluva

Post by mangaluva »

Apparently a Hollywood remake of the live-action movie has been in development hell for years. Some people were freaking out about it when Hunger Games came out, claiming that it would put off the development for even longer, but I don't think that's the reason. Two of the biggest differences between BR and HG are that a) the victims in HG are randomly selected from a wide area, while the victims in BR are explicitly a junior-high class of students that have known each other for years, and b) BR students get guns and HG victims do not. I can kinda understand why American developers are squeamish about doing a movie about high school students with guns. Kiriyama in particular probably hits far too many triggers.
kkslider5552000
Community Villain
Enjoys making videos that no one will watch

Post by kkslider5552000 »

if anything Hunger Games' success would make a Battle Royale movie much more likely.
Let's Play Bioshock Infinite: https://forums.dctp.ws/viewtopic.php?f= ... 94#p879594

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Wii U ID: SliderGamer55
mangaluva

Post by mangaluva »

kkslider5552000 wrote: if anything Hunger Games' success would make a Battle Royale movie much more likely.
I do hope so. I'll just have to give myself some kind of inoculation against all of the "OMG this is such a ripoff of Hunger Games" stupidity that is guaranteed by human nature to follow.
RoyalGuard

Post by RoyalGuard »

bluekaitou1412 wrote: A Chrno Crusade remake would be nice
And a Claymore one to.
mako

Post by mako »

1. Liar Game - live actions were horrible, it should get much better adaptation

2. March Comes In Like A Lion - it already won some awards, so I hope there is a chance...? ::)

3. Mononoke Soushi - I want to see what Nakamura Kenji would do with it (the guy who did Mononoke), but it will probably never happen :-\

4. Hanako to Guuwa no Tera - I can't stand the fact that out of two works by the same author, the one to get its anime was Mirai Nikki (it's horrible imo >:(), while this one - being much better - is underrated and will probably never get an anime :'( (no offense to Mirai Nikki fans, I just don't like it but love the second one and I can't help but feel somewhat frustrated...sorry)

5. Zekkyou Gakkyuu (Screaming Lessons >:D)

6.  Cat Street

7. Tousei Gensou Hakubutsushi

8. Kiben Gakuha Yotsuya Sensei no Kaidan - actually, it would be nice if the manga also got continued (it was ended quite abruptly), but nevermind...