So like....yeah....Fall 2012

All anime and manga discussion that doesn't fit elsewhere goes here.
leokiko

Re: So like....yeah....Fall 2012

Postby leokiko » October 2nd, 2012, 3:04 am

Heh, they cut out the rape scene on Btooom!. Not that I blame them, that was too graphic.
kkslider5552000
Community Villain

Dogcopter 8: The World Dog Only Knows

Postby kkslider5552000 » October 2nd, 2012, 5:37 pm

leokiko wrote:Heh, they cut out the rape scene on Btooom!. Not that I blame them, that was too graphic.

this is a good thing, as rape is almost always hack writing 101.
Bioshock is considered a masterpiece. Let me attempt to showcase why : viewtopic.php?f=10&t=13252

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Wii U ID: SliderGamer55
leokiko

Postby leokiko » October 2nd, 2012, 6:38 pm

kkslider5552000 wrote:
leokiko wrote:Heh, they cut out the rape scene on Btooom!. Not that I blame them, that was too graphic.

this is a good thing, as rape is almost always hack writing 101.

The rape still happened. But they didn't show it, that is all. Just the aftermath.
xpon
Community Sepll Chkecer

Spreading the cuteness, all over DCTP

Postby xpon » October 14th, 2012, 11:07 am

I already Buy Nendoroid of Kudryavka... (from Little Buster) so i must watch the anime

she is so cute... Image
xpon is so cute...

Image                         Image

Even Ayumi~chan and Sera~chan love to hug him.....

Thanks to sonoci & Yuri
Soreiyu

Postby Soreiyu » October 14th, 2012, 11:55 am

I didn't care too much for the first episode of Little Busters. It was ok and all, but I think Robotics;Notes was better for a club/group type anime.

Btooom! and Psycho Pass both decided to do rape this week. Last week anime was all about magic and bad Engrish. Times sure have changed. ;p
leokiko

Postby leokiko » October 14th, 2012, 4:49 pm

Jojo confirmed for the underrated anime of the season. It's better than everything this season, but barely anyone is watching.

I guess people are used to cookie-cute character designs. They can't take this amount of manliness.
Soreiyu

Postby Soreiyu » October 15th, 2012, 5:21 am

I watched the first two episodes of JoJo's Bizarre Adventure on Saturday and it seemed to get a fair amount of comments on the streaming site. I don't think people are as superficial as you're being lead to believe.
leokiko

Postby leokiko » October 15th, 2012, 2:14 pm

^I meant on the west.

On Japan, they are trying to market it as the second One Piece, with the mangaka appearing on TV shows, tons of merchandise etc.
Soreiyu

Postby Soreiyu » October 16th, 2012, 3:41 am

You can't really be sure how popular the show will be outside of Japan after only 2 episodes. o_O; You've got to give it time. If it ends up being good then I'm sure the hype will get around and more people will watch it.
leokiko

Postby leokiko » October 16th, 2012, 3:59 am

^I'm comparing to how much discussed it is on several forums, it is nothing compared to more popular shows this season like Chuunibyou or Little Busters!

Which I think it's a shame since this is Jojo! Such a legendary manga.

I was kinda of hoping crunchyroll would get it, that way much more people would be encouraged to watch it(since many people watch anything as long as it's on CR). There's still a chance they will license it, there's a spot left for announcements there.

Shame is that Jojo's ending (Yes - Roundabout) makes it hard to license, and FUNi(or Viz can't remember) went through trouble by licensing the OVA's.
Last edited by leokiko on October 16th, 2012, 4:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kor

Postby Kor » October 16th, 2012, 9:11 am

You can't also be sure after only two episodes that it's "better than everything this season" since the season has just started. This is just like those statements at the start of last season that SAO would be the best anime of that season.
Vylash

Postby Vylash » October 16th, 2012, 12:30 pm

Kor wrote:This is just like those statements at the start of last season that SAO would be the best anime of that season.
No that was Natsuyuki, though that turned out to be complete garbage just like SAO is
Soreiyu

Postby Soreiyu » October 16th, 2012, 12:35 pm

I thought Natsuyuki was good, but the ending left a bit to be desired.

But yeah if we went by initial hype SAO would be the best from last season and we all know how that turned out... I'm still trying to get over my annoyance from ep 15...

I also remember Arcana Famiglia being praised after it's first episode.
Vylash

Postby Vylash » October 16th, 2012, 12:53 pm

Soreiyu wrote:I also remember Arcana Famiglia being praised after it's first episode.
I was one of those people sadly, luckily the next 2 episodes drove the point home that there can be no such thing as a good otome game adaptation as they all turn to garbage eventually
Soreiyu

Postby Soreiyu » October 16th, 2012, 1:05 pm

I couldn't even finish episode 3... >_<