Sword Art Online

All anime and manga discussion that doesn't fit elsewhere goes here.
kkslider5552000
Community Villain

Enjoys making videos that no one will watch

Re: Sword Art Online

Postby kkslider5552000 » October 13th, 2012, 11:18 pm

leokiko wrote:Well, I'm loving it, but it's certainly not the best.

That goes to HxH.

true

also facts
Let's Play Bioshock Infinite: viewtopic.php?f=10&p=879594#p879594

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Wii U ID: SliderGamer55
Soreiyu

Postby Soreiyu » October 14th, 2012, 3:07 am

D: God damn it... Why another one? I swear it's not like people just wake up one day and are like "Aw shit, I think I have a crush on my brother/cousin." When children grow up together they often gain a nice yuck reflex towards eachother even when they are not related by blood in any way.

I'm sticking to the thought that the author is using Kazuto/Kirito as some personal wish fulfillment...
Kor
Administrator

Postby Kor » October 14th, 2012, 10:18 am

So now that Asuna's kinda not there, does that mean we're finally gonna get a decent female lead?

*finishes the episode*

oh...

Well...anyway...
It took about 14 episodes, but I finally found myself semi-sympathizing with...wait, we're supposed to call him Kirigaya now, right?

But seriously, I liked the psychological after-effects presented in this episode and I like how we see how it effects the main character after the story. I just hope the new storyline will be decent and won't seem like an afterthought.
kirsten815

hello x goodbye

Postby kirsten815 » October 19th, 2012, 11:32 am

Wow. I sure did expect that SAO would have a thread in here! :)

Anyway, I laughed real hard to the core seeing the arguments (i dunno, from pages 7-12 i guess) that i think was only because one did not have much (i mean really moree and much much info!) knowledge of an MMORPG, comparing it to another show that practically conveys the same feelings as SAO did. (oh well i do apologize)

im surprised that people here are..hmm.. Half-lovers? I dunno. Maybe that's it. As an LN reader (yeah and im upto the latest) yeah i do agree that this is too much harem, but i think people who have not yet read the LN and watched the anime first would not get impressions that i (and perhaps a lot of you) have. Let's understand their feelings :).

BTW, its ALO-arc already. Hope they would not disappoint fans. :) (although i could sense that othes were disappointed already)

SAO FTW! Still, best summer BRAND NEW anime for me!
(that does not count those anime's that have previous seasons like hxh. I think it's the best too!)
conan fever forever!
Akonyl
Community Hero

Postby Akonyl » October 20th, 2012, 7:42 pm

while I do think it's pretty funny how Kirito just ends up in the game with his old stats but newbie clothes, I hope that they manage to convey that things are less serious as long as people aren't gonna die in real life. If they keep the level of drama the same as it was in the SAO arc for a game where you can just come back to life, it'll just feel weird.
Kor
Administrator

Postby Kor » October 20th, 2012, 8:54 pm

So now you can't be sure anymore whether or not a person in the game is a boy or a girl, right? Could lead to awkward situations.
GinRei
DCTP Staff Member

銀霊

Postby GinRei » October 20th, 2012, 8:58 pm

Possibly.  It didn't ask for Kirito's gender, so it might be an automatic check.  Or that could be an omitted detail.
Soreiyu

Postby Soreiyu » October 21st, 2012, 3:32 am

It was a pretty good episode, but I still have my issues with this sister character...
Akonyl
Community Hero

Postby Akonyl » October 21st, 2012, 12:21 pm

Kor wrote:So now you can't be sure anymore whether or not a person in the game is a boy or a girl, right? Could lead to awkward situations.

girls who are actually guys?

just another day in the world of anime.
GinRei
DCTP Staff Member

銀霊

Postby GinRei » October 21st, 2012, 12:25 pm

IT'S A TRAP!
Soreiyu

Postby Soreiyu » October 22nd, 2012, 1:31 am

This anime needs a real trap as a main character. They shouldn't have revealed the true appearances of the main cast in the SAO MMO. lol Would have been more interesting if some of the harem were actually boys.
Akonyl
Community Hero

Postby Akonyl » October 28th, 2012, 12:22 am

so, turns out that Spriggans are a magic-based race that absolutely bombs at anything regarding physical combat? It's a good thing Kirito doesn't have to worry about physical stats, because he brought all those over from SAO.

So, Kirito gets to remain good at everything, wooo!
GinRei
DCTP Staff Member

銀霊

Postby GinRei » October 28th, 2012, 10:39 am

That's just as far as magic is concerned, but apparently DBZ doesn't exist in this world if they think illusions aren't good in combat.  I fully expect multiple After-Image Techniques and Multiform Techniques once Kirito gets going.
Akonyl
Community Hero

Postby Akonyl » October 28th, 2012, 10:48 am

yeah, I fully expect him to have an after-image technique, possibly with each one dual-wielding. Possibly also with the Sweet Sword of Bad Guy Slaying which he happens to conveniently stumble across with his treasure find.
GinRei
DCTP Staff Member

銀霊

Postby GinRei » October 28th, 2012, 12:28 pm

Also, if the author pulls from D.Gray-Man, Kanda's "Second Illusion" ability was to duplicate his sword and thus dual wield.